AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-10-12, 07:59   Link #41
acid_finger

That's exactly why i value this kind of weird looking series. I'm sick of having stupid out of place fanservice in my animes.
Old 2009-10-13, 23:39   Link #42
FTV

Sweet Japan still makes anime! Slightly off topic: any other new shows that are not high school slice of life fan service? (I just can't watch any more of those!)
Old 2009-10-14, 01:27   Link #43
_gallo_

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTV View Post
Sweet Japan still makes anime! Slightly off topic: any other new shows that are not high school slice of life fan service? (I just can't watch any more of those!)
You might try Aoi Bungaku (Blue Literature). More infos in the specific thread.

[... the secret of the Great Stories is that they have no secrets. The Great Stories are the ones you have heard and want to hear again. The ones you can enter anywhere and inhabit comfortably. They don't deceive you with thrills and trick endings. They don't surprise you with the unforeseen.. They are as familiar as the house you live in. Or the smell of your lover's skin. You know how they end yet you listen as though you don't. In the way that you know that one day you will die, you live as though you won't. In the Great Stories you know who lives, who dies, who finds love, who doesn't. And yet you want to know again. That is their mystery and their magic. ...] Arundhati Roy
Old 2009-10-15, 17:32   Link #44
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Oh lord watching this raw is awesome and a mistake since I have NO BLOODY IDEA whats going on but I cant stop watching it!!

The animation of the nurse from 2-D to live action is amazing even though its quick I relly liked it.

Paku's vers is the best imho (not biased what so ever!)
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2009-10-16, 12:35   Link #45
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Incredibly beautiful and original, but not very engaging for me. But since I didn't understand everything that was said, I'll wait for subs and more episodes to make a better judgment. In any case, Paku Romi is godly.

FTV, if you don't mind a brilliantly sentimental young-shoujo show with Shugo Chara overtones, about a girl becoming a pastry-maker, I'm enjoying Yumeiro Patissiere. Brought tears to my eyes several times.

White Album is a complex love/lust/anomie idol drama centred on college-age protagonists. Kimi ni Todoke is from the top shoujo romance manga of 2008, and has an interesting protagonist, although it is set in high school. Winter Sonata is the anime version of the top Asian tragic romance drama ever. Darker than Black 2 is sci-fi mystery/adventure, with quite minimal fanservice.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2009-10-16, 15:50   Link #46
Strange
Incoherent at best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baka-man View Post
I am going to watch this. Probably one of the most original animes out there that isn't corrupted with fanservice by a large margin.
How can you say that with a Kampfer avatar and sig?
Old 2009-10-17, 12:47   Link #47
acid_finger

gg released the first episode today.

Just awesome.
Old 2009-10-17, 16:28   Link #48
MushroomSamba
Mad Scientist

The first story wasn't all that mind-blowing, but I did like the template it set up. Seems like it'll be following an episodic format, with each episode being its own case study. I could get used to this, but I'm hoping the following episodes will dive deeper into psychosis and come up with more gripping clinical tales than the first one.

Old 2009-10-17, 18:45   Link #49
Slice of Life
eyewitness

And here I was expecting an anime. Excuse me while I cry into my Kobato hug-pillow.
Old 2009-10-17, 19:31   Link #50
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
Paku's vers is the best imho (not biased what so ever!)

I agree and I am not biased at all either

Anyways visually I found the first episode fantastic. But I didn't find the first episode that engaging story wise. I felt it jumped around a bit too much for me.
Old 2009-10-17, 22:28   Link #51
solomon

Hmm, I agree with Kirarakim on this one.

I like it, but the first episode wasn't really good at SELLING the product. The pacing is a little wierd, kinda discombobulated and jumpy in a disorganized kind of way. Naturally, Mononoke and this require different styles of pacing but Mononoke felt more in control.

Irabu's various manifestations are interesting but are wierd cause there is little story logic (I guess cause I haven't read the books)

If the craziness and funky art doesn't hook ya, I don't see people being into this.

Me I generally liked it and the next ep should have some nice gags and odd bits, it just doesn't feel like it's 100% there direction wise. I'll stick around just cause it's stylish. Mayumi isn't bad incentive either.

Finally, while the OP is good the ED is fantabulous!
Old 2009-10-17, 22:51   Link #52
Ansalem
Speaker

I'll say...unique describes this best.

Some of the visuals were impressive. The rotoscoping I guess it is. It is somewhat similar to the American movie Waking Life. Unfortunately, for most of the time when they weren't overlaying live footage, the animation quality was horrendous. I think some of it was intended to be unusual, but really just came across as poorly done. Besides the parts that were obviously bizarre, the normal animation was lacking as well. The story was alright but nothing too impressive for me. It seemed like the show was trying too hard to be trippy that it didn't really seem artistic. If it were a movie, I'd probably stick it out, but I don't think I care to watch eleven episodes of this.
Old 2009-10-17, 23:11   Link #53
solomon

I can see why youd say that. I know I can't expect great animation from every show, but I had more faith in Nakamura after seeing his consistantly high caliber of work on Mononoke. I am hoping that a couple of nicely animated eps are in here now and then

It's hard for me to articulate, but something needs to change in their storytelling otherwise, yes i'll tire of the overcompensation.
Old 2009-10-18, 03:21   Link #54
ac195
Koh nara dekiru!!!

Kuchu Buranko

Plot: Irabu Ichiro is an eccentric psychiatrist. Patients, who visit him to have a counseling, are perplexed with his weird behavior.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...e.php?id=10953

Just saw the first episode. Don't let the trippy visuals scare you off, the first episode was pretty damn good.
Anyone who enjoys alternative anime should give this series a chance... you'll find it to be a pleasant surprise.

Last edited by ac195; 2009-10-18 at 03:36.
Old 2009-10-18, 07:42   Link #55
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Brilliant first episode. It had everything i expected and then some. Great score, though it would have been so much better if this show had a score by Denki Groove.

So people know what i'm on about, here's the official video for the ED, by Denki Groove.

Best character is Fukuicchi.

& this show is worth watching just for Paku Romi.
Old 2009-10-18, 09:56   Link #56
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

I loved the episode. I love loads of experimental titles.

I was lol as soon as I heard the Gundam reference.

Nurse and injection fetish was fun too.

It's a keeper.

@Slice of Life: Come back, it's a fun title so far imo.

Last edited by orion; 2009-10-18 at 10:16.
Old 2009-10-18, 10:36   Link #57
Dop
Mmmm....

HelllOOOO Nurse!

That was just wonderful and strange. I loved it. It's really good that there are still people out there prepared to be so experimental with anime rather than just churning out moe moe harem #4791.
Seriously looking forward to seeing how the show develops.
Old 2009-10-18, 11:29   Link #58
drobertbaker
Major Lurker

Location: <clap> <clap> <clap> <clap> Deep in the Heart of Texas
Well, there is a story there, but it doesn't work for me at all.

Weirdness is fine, but it should have some kind of meaning. I can understand the citizens being paper cutouts, but why is the doctor sometimes a lttle girl and sometimes an older girl? Why the animal suit? Why is the patient sometimes a bird head? A flyer?

Perhaps these things will become clearer later, but I won't see them. Enjoy!
Old 2009-10-18, 11:40   Link #59
TCman

Watch it this morning, it was a very unique experience for me, the whole episode is like an artwork! The experience while watching is like a ride on a rollercoaster, in a positive sense of course. What a ride!
Old 2009-10-18, 12:20   Link #60
kyouray
2D > 3D

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
I loved the episode. I love loads of experimental titles.
I was lol as soon as I heard the Gundam reference.
Haha I've also spotted this reference but I wasn't sure if it really comes from it
Nice episode indeed. I'm curious how they'll manage the rest.

Tags
nakamura, noitamina