AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

View Poll Results: Suzumiya Haruhi (2009) - Episode 9 Rating
Perfect 10 162 45.38%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 29 8.12%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 32 8.96%
7 out of 10 : Good 42 11.76%
6 out of 10 : Average 15 4.20%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 15 4.20%
4 out of 10 : Poor 7 1.96%
3 out of 10 : Bad 5 1.40%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 10 2.80%
1 out of 10 : Painful 40 11.20%
Voters: 357. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-08-07, 20:25   Link #641
Karlson
Jumping...is useless!

Ending was so not worth the 2 months of agony waiting for it but it was still a pretty good way to end it. The best part was that monologue right at the end regarding the royal flush, that was rather clever.

Well either way I'm happy it's finally over and I can look forward to future episodes with much excitement again.
Old 2009-08-07, 20:28   Link #642
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
kyon is just a lazy bum, and he just wants to copy homework
This whole arc is probably the main fuel behind the theory that Kyon is really the person with reality warping powers, and that Haruhi is just his stalking horse.
Old 2009-08-07, 20:30   Link #643
ReneeBurossamu

OH MY GOD IT'S OVER YES.

The ending made me happy. So happy. Darn it.
The deja vu was the best. The music just made it better. Loved it. Epic. Epic. AND THE LOOK ON EVERYONE'S FACES. Just made it greater. Koizumi's expressions were awesome. And overall, I think the art quality was probably second best in all the Endless Eight arc for obvious reasons.
The episode made me HAPPY. Mikuru's crying was getting on my nerves though.

This still doesn't mean I forgive Kadokawa for the past two months. If things had gone as expected, we would be probably starting Disappearance now.
Old 2009-08-07, 20:48   Link #644
Heminga13
Wannabe Sleuth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReneeBurossamu View Post
This still doesn't mean I forgive Kadokawa for the past two months. If things had gone as expected, we would be probably starting Disappearance now.
Endless Eight was in planning since early 2007 (at least). Vanishment not being part of TMoHS (2009) has been planned for a long time. It was the fans who assumed it would be.

Heminga13: Speculating and anticipating 'The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya' movie since August 3, 2009.
Old 2009-08-07, 21:04   Link #645
Mugen-Hut

Location: SPARTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!, I mean, Puerto Rico (sigh, no kyoto yet...)
"Someday we'll remember this and laugh, and laugh, and laugh..."
Old 2009-08-07, 21:12   Link #646
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mei19 View Post
Hmm...and so...what was Haruhi's regret?
Could have been one of three:

A) She was waiting for another one of the members (Kyon in particular) to suggest something,

B) She simply wanted to visit Kyon's house,

or C) She had figured out Kyon hadn't done his homework, and was giving him another chance. Again, and again, and again.

Any way you slice it it's Kyon's fault for not having initiative. Again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Spoiler for novels:
Reading Haruhi generally involves reading between the lines, since Kyon loves to obscure everything, particularly character motivations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solachinx View Post
Do not always rely on Yuki Nagato; remember that.
*snicker*
Old 2009-08-07, 21:26   Link #647
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by OkamiNoKaze View Post
Is it me, or did he sound like a totally different person, when he was Yelling at Haruhi not to jump into the pool.
I think he was using really formal language.
Old 2009-08-07, 22:12   Link #648
typhonsentra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heminga13 View Post
Endless Eight was in planning since early 2007 (at least). Vanishment not being part of TMoHS (2009) has been planned for a long time. It was the fans who assumed it would be.
Umm... you're totally wrong on that.

Notice the date of publication? Bu-bu-bu the fans just assumed wrong!

Edit: Extra info:

http://www.riuva.com/?p=1123

I knew I remembered this article. This is actually the issue which first confirmed the second season was "Cancelled" and they'd be airing a "New" one, but.... they also made all the corresponding pictures for the article focused on Vanishment and the surrounding Winter holiday short stories.

Last edited by typhonsentra; 2009-08-07 at 22:27.
Old 2009-08-07, 22:15   Link #649
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
Hotlink failure.

Edit: Okay, you got it working.

But how does that prove anything?
Old 2009-08-07, 22:22   Link #650
OkamiNoKaze

A couple of things that would have been cool to see in this arc that didn't get covered, regretfully are that we don't see Yuki improve at the shooting gallery game. Also it would have been great for them to have a full insert song in one episode during the Karaoke session.
Old 2009-08-07, 22:25   Link #651
Mei19
LOL'ing at t3h old bags

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Many things, though two things stick to mind: all of the activities during the Endless Summer was of her urging, with the SOS-dan just tagging along like mindless drones. Also, there's the Kyon factor; I think she was pretty much waiting for a prompt from him (for ANYTHING) so she can enjoy one more day that isn't focused on her for a change.

Admittedly it's been a while since I read Endless Eight...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Could have been one of three:

A) She was waiting for another one of the members (Kyon in particular) to suggest something,

B) She simply wanted to visit Kyon's house,

or C) She had figured out Kyon hadn't done his homework, and was giving him another chance. Again, and again, and again.
If I think of all those answers, it seems like she just wants to fill in the last day of summer vacation together with Kyon instead of it being vacant. If this is her last summer vacation together with SOS, it will make sense. This Endless Hell arc will be given justice. But if that's not the case then it's just a resolution.
Old 2009-08-07, 22:26   Link #652
Takamura Mamoru
The Hawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackett View Post
This whole arc is probably the main fuel behind the theory that Kyon is really the person with reality warping powers, and that Haruhi is just his stalking horse.

No and no.
Old 2009-08-07, 22:27   Link #653
Heminga13
Wannabe Sleuth

Quote:
Umm... you're totally wrong on that.

[picture]

http://heminga13.livejournal.com/1200.html

If you don't want to read through that, then here:

That Newtype featured information about the 'new project' previously announced in December 2007. The renewed airing of TMoHS wasn't announced until March of this year. The 'new project' is essentially the relaunch of the Haruhi anime franchise, which would (eventually) include Vanishment. A franchise does not consist of one single season.

Heminga13: Speculating and anticipating 'The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya' movie since August 3, 2009.
Old 2009-08-07, 22:28   Link #654
OkamiNoKaze

Why would it be their last summer, is that a spoiler of some kind? they have at least one more summer before Mikuru would graduate.
Old 2009-08-07, 22:32   Link #655
typhonsentra

Quote:
http://heminga13.livejournal.com/1200.html

If you don't want to read through that, then here:

That Newtype featured information about the 'new project' previously announced in December 2007. The renewed airing of TMoHS wasn't announced until March of this year. The 'new project' is essentially the relaunch of the Haruhi anime franchise, which would (eventually) include Vanishment. A franchise does not consist of one single season.
You said in your previous post that Vanishment was canceled long ago and that the fans were just making up assumptions on their own. I'm simply providing the evidence that shows that they were promoting the upcoming season as including Vanishment as recently as June 2008. Face it, they mislead people.
Old 2009-08-07, 22:36   Link #656
atividia

/checks poll scores

/sees mass of scores concentrated on 10/10

.../downloads
Old 2009-08-07, 22:37   Link #657
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
You said in your previous post that Vanishment was canceled long ago and that the fans were just making up assumptions on their own. I'm simply providing the evidence that shows that they were promoting the upcoming season as including Vanishment as recently as June 2008. Face it, they mislead people.
I'll quote the important part for you.

Quote:
The renewed airing of TMoHS wasn't announced until March of this year.
Very possible that what was being promoted last year is not what is being aired this year.

But yes, they did mislead people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkamiNoKaze View Post
Why would it be their last summer, is that a spoiler of some kind? they have at least one more summer before Mikuru would graduate.
No, it isn't, they have one more summer. And Kyon would still be with her for another year after that.
Old 2009-08-07, 22:38   Link #658
Heminga13
Wannabe Sleuth

Quote:
I said season two was canceled. Vanishment was the story referenced in the art of the cancellation of the second season and announcement of a 'new project.'

Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody was the story referenced when S2 was announced. We still got that.

Old 2009-08-07, 22:44   Link #659
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
I said season two was canceled. Vanishment was the story referenced in the art of the cancellation of the second season and announcement of a 'new project.'

Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody was the story referenced when S2 was announced. We still got that.
... Ok, perhaps KyoAni weren't intentionally misleading the fans. But... even if they weren't, it's certainly not hard to understand where the fans got the wrong impression/expectation. I mean, given how often Haruhi S2 and/or 'a new project' has been on/off and on/off and on/off... can you really fault people for losing track of "Ok, where the hell do we stand now, exactly?'

I mean, a lot of this comes down to really minute details over dates and/or very slight terminology differences. We're not all Lawyers or Detectives here.

So, maybe KyoAni isn't at fault, but at the same time, it's not hard to see where fans could sincerely get the wrong impression.
Old 2009-08-07, 22:50   Link #660
Heminga13
Wannabe Sleuth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
... Ok, perhaps KyoAni weren't intentionally misleading the fans. But... even if they weren't, it's certainly not hard to understand where the fans got the wrong impression/expectation. I mean, given how often Haruhi S2 and/or 'a new project' has been on/off and on/off and on/off... can you really fault people for losing track of "Ok, where the hell do we stand now, exactly?'

I mean, a lot of this comes down to really minute details over dates and/or very slight terminology differences. We're not all Lawyers or Detectives here.

So, maybe KyoAni isn't at fault, but at the same time, it's not hard to see where fans could get genuinely confused.
I know. I pretty much just went with the crowd until partway into Endless Eight thinking this was season two and we'd get to see Vanishment in this airing, etc. But then I realized we wouldn't and was curious as to why everyone's expectations were wrong and started doing some research (moreso the last week or so). There's a lot of stuff that I've theorized that doesn't have a whole lot backing it up other than assumptions (but it's still got more evidence than most people provide), although most of it I'm fairly confident about (mostly about this season). What happens after this season is what I'm a little shaky about but I think I've got a good shot at being right. If I am, then I can breath a sigh of relief that my mind can deduce something right (plus declare myself awesome). If I'm wrong, we can all laugh it off and resume RAGE-ing at KyoAni.

Closed Thread