AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2010-07-09, 08:21   Link #1661
Crontica

Hmm strange i never noticed any animation insufficiency, is it because they lacked proper shading in the previous eps?
Old 2010-07-10, 18:49   Link #1662
Nite-Wing

OP spoilers aside I really liked this ep.
I just worry how the anime will handle the eventual filler arcs
Old 2010-07-11, 05:15   Link #1663
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
OP spoilers aside I really liked this ep.
I just worry how the anime will handle the eventual filler arcs
I think this is the kind of show that can handle fillers alright. I mean it's not like some other series where there is some impending doom or great mission. Long as it's between arcs there is free time to focus on the guild going on missions. There are a ton of characters and possibilities for missions long as they get creative. Of course they could mess it up easily, but at least there is good potential for fillers.
Old 2010-07-11, 06:05   Link #1664
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
I think this is the kind of show that can handle fillers alright. I mean it's not like some other series where there is some impending doom or great mission. Long as it's between arcs there is free time to focus on the guild going on missions. There are a ton of characters and possibilities for missions long as they get creative. Of course they could mess it up easily, but at least there is good potential for fillers.
Wouldn't having an episode focusing on one of the other teams, like Levi's team or the team with the two sharpshooters be fun?

Or even just follow Erza in one of her past "giant monster slaying" solo missions before she joined the team.

There's also plenty of random stories with Erza Natsu and Gray were still kids you could easily make up. "Natsu's first mission ever!" or something.
Sam Pinansky
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-11, 06:07   Link #1665
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crontica View Post
Hmm strange i never noticed any animation insufficiency, is it because they lacked proper shading in the previous eps?
While the quality did flux, I wouldn't say it was 'lacking' either.

A1 studios is quickly becoming one of my fave studios as of late. TONS of awesome shows and I love how they're handling Fairy Tail so far. As of yet, there hasn't been jaw-droppingly bad animation like in Bleach or Naruto at times. Though there were some cross-eyed characters here and there in Fairy Tail. Nothing too serious though.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-11, 08:23   Link #1666
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarkboy View Post
Wouldn't having an episode focusing on one of the other teams, like Levi's team or the team with the two sharpshooters be fun?

Or even just follow Erza in one of her past "giant monster slaying" solo missions before she joined the team.

There's also plenty of random stories with Erza Natsu and Gray were still kids you could easily make up. "Natsu's first mission ever!" or something.
Exactly I think episodes like that would be pretty fun. There are a ton of teams and guild members so they could focus on some of them taking on jobs. Sure we got to see them during that battle against Phantom, but no reason they couldn't get some more focus during some fillers.

Besides I wouldn't mind seeing what happened with Erza and that solo mission. The fact she can take on S class quests means she had some interesting adventures before the show got started.
Old 2010-07-11, 09:10   Link #1667
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarkboy View Post

Although i'd love to see such filler episodes happen, it all depends on if this will end past the next arc all not. Can't seem then finishing of the current one and next under 50 episodes, though we've had this discussion before if this show will end up along side the long running titles. We've just gotta wait and see.
Old 2010-07-11, 23:16   Link #1668
OkamiNoKaze

Wow, new opening and ending already, not big on the ending, but I rather like the opening song this time around, as far as spoilers in it go, They're only spoilers if you know they're spoilers. For the episode it self, some pretty interesting new characters. I like the owl guy, he reminds me of like one of those old He-man figures, or something from The Tick. Also I think he's counting Lucy out a bit prematurely.
Old 2010-07-12, 06:31   Link #1669
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Spoiler for Episode 37:
Old 2010-07-12, 07:01   Link #1670
Ash Falls Town

Spoiler for Episode 37:
Old 2010-07-12, 09:39   Link #1671
kitten320

^Since when Gerard is a villain? 0_o

Spoiler for 37:
Old 2010-07-12, 09:42   Link #1672
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash Falls Town View Post
Spoiler for Episode 37:
Spoiler for Ep37:
Old 2010-07-12, 16:59   Link #1673
Ramp
Router

So loving the music placement in this series, especially in the last episode.
Makes up so much for some of the anime's shortcommings, definately my favorite now.
Ramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-12, 17:33   Link #1674
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

GO TO HELL!!!

haha I loved that, theLucy/Juiva fight was fun, loved that little bit where the guy brings up stealing the guy you like, I approve that one little bit of AO 100%

I liked the flashbacks, it was always one of my favs. I used to be all for Natsu X Erza before but when the I saw this flashback I started going for Gray X Harem with Erza being part of it
also Kana is def the cutest outta the gang when younger.

Btw anyone know what the blue creature is in the cage in the background when Gray confronts the owl dude, around the 15:50 mark.
Old 2010-07-13, 10:27   Link #1675
kitten320

I liked how both Lucy and Juvia were saying "Sorry" to Aquarius, both their expressions and voices were way too funny
Old 2010-07-13, 11:12   Link #1676
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Owl guy is a Kirby fan. Notice how he took on the "headgear" of the person he assimilated.
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-13, 12:43   Link #1677
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechalord View Post
Owl guy is a Kirby fan. Notice how he took on the "headgear" of the person he assimilated.
Which means that Hiro Mashima is obviously a fan of the Kirby franchise.
Old 2010-07-13, 21:57   Link #1678
blewin

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
^Since when Gerard is a villain? 0_o

Spoiler for 37:
I think so too. Not sure whether because it's manga so the pace seems ok, but when it's animated, it just seems too quick. The villains getting pawned so quickly.

I like Juvia and Lucy's development but the anime makes their combo look like a magical girl show. For some reason, that scene of their holding hands and shining just makes me cringe.

well, consider that Grey isn't scared of transportation, it's logical for him to be able to escape that owl guy's capture. Really like his ice-blade too, and the flashback is awesome. I think Grey needs more time fighting Natsu's flame to justify what'll happen in the next episode though.. more rant on that next week. oh, just another thought. Interesting how all Grey thinks of is rescuing Erza rather than Natsu when Natsu's about to be digested! this "twist" of emotion is unusual because everyone would be expecting Grey to think of losing a great comrade in Natsu rather than Erza.

Chrome Shelled Regios
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-14, 16:49   Link #1679
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Episode 40 is up on youtube. Source http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...-before-airing

I won't be watching it though. No point.
Old 2010-07-14, 16:59   Link #1680
konart

The episode is as epic as in manga.

The biggest positive point is that they finally started to draw Natsu close to the manga variant.

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen