AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Madoka Magica

Notices

View Poll Results: Madoka Magica - Episode 07 Rating
Perfect 10 58 41.13%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 47 33.33%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 23 16.31%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 6.38%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 2.13%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.71%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 141. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-02-17, 11:53   Link #21
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
after the raw:

NTR for the LULZ

ending card by Sayaka: "I am an idiot"
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-17, 12:01   Link #22
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Wow I did not see Hitomi coming into the picture like that.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-17, 12:04   Link #23
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Well we'll have to wait for subs but just going by what I saw ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
Kyoko will call a truce with Madoka and Sayaka, deciding that it is more important to find out what the real deal is before continuing. As a selfish person by nature, she likes having all the information at her disposal so she can make a decision that best benefits herself.

Spoiler for ep7:

Quote:
We'll find out what Kyoko's wish was, but not really what her power is (leading to speculation about what her power is).
Spoiler for ep7:

Quote:
Sayaka will say something like, "This new revelation scares me, but I knew there would be risks going in. I'll just have to fight that much harder."
Spoiler for ep7:

Quote:
Oh, and they still won't clarify what a wish can do, nor if it can revive Mami.
Doesn't look like it though it seems (from my very basic japanese knowledge) the first question Madoka asked Homura is "why didn't you tell us anything before"...
Old 2011-02-17, 12:06   Link #24
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Spoiler for episode 7:

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
Doesn't look like it though it seems (from my very basic japanese knowledge) the first question Madoka asked Homura is "why didn't you tell us anything before"...
The "anything" refered to the whole soul gem thing. Homura answered she kept quiet because no one ever believed her. By the way, Kyubey stated Mami never noticed the true purpose of the soul gem. Had she known, maybe she wouldn't have tried to recruit Madoka and Sayaka.
Old 2011-02-17, 12:09   Link #25
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Well, Sayaka broke and Madoka actually managed to keep her sanity and can still function. This episode is an Aesop in many ways... should we recount monkey's paw?

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-17, 12:17   Link #26
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

It was only a matter of time before Gen decided to break someone. Too bad it happened to be Sayaka. Madoka actually kept her shit together farther and stronger than I though she could. QB on his part is slowly pushing his way from Lawful Neutral to Lawful Evil.

More comments when I see subs.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-17, 12:24   Link #27
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Spoiler for episode 7:
I know some have wanted to do this for a few episodes but this is the first time I've ever wanted to punch QB with all my force

As for the last scene it was maybe my favorite "artsy" animation so far in the show,and the whole scene was quite disturbing,I have a feeling it will be even more disturbing with subs.
Old 2011-02-17, 12:32   Link #28
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
Spoiler for ep7:

Spoiler for ep7:
Heh, thought so. Kyoko is much like Nao, especially since Word of God description for Kyoko and Nao is virtually identical. Both use their power the way they want to. Nao's backstory had something tragic happen to someone she was close to, so we'll see if something similar happened to Kyoko.

Quote:
Spoiler for ep7:
Heh, 3 out 4 ain't bad (since they didn't address wish systems and a potential Mami revival). But this is intriguing, as I would have bet Madoka going a bit nuts, but then again, Sayaka is the MG. It's tough to avoid commenting too much until I see the subs (since I've been led astray as to exact meanings and events before by people who related the raws), but this almost sounds a bit too out of character for her. While my prediction was probably a bit too idealistic, I wouldn't have expected her to go "psycho."

I'll have to wait for the subs, though, to properly judge.

Edit: For those curious, I'll comment a bit on Kyube. First off, his face is always like that; a perpetual smile like a stuffed animal. It's just his eyes are closed. I've learned not to evaluate him based on facial expressions by this point.

However, IF he is mentally torturing her for no good reason, then I'll at least agree that is pretty dickish. But as I said before, I need to watch the subs to get the full context. Just getting this out there to let people know about the potential for my mind changing, since some didn't believe me.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-17, 12:52   Link #29
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
A big part of the reason why I've defended Kyubey is the notable lack of any (obvious) sadism on his part through the first six episodes.

Now, if that has changed in Episode 7, then yes, that's a pretty big change, and would make him seem much more likely to be genuinely evil.

Like Kaijo, I'll have to wait until the sub is out before I say more on that particular topic, though.
Old 2011-02-17, 12:57   Link #30
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
However, IF he is mentally torturing her for no good reason, then I'll at least agree that is pretty dickish. But as I said before, I need to watch the subs to get the full context. Just getting this out there to let people know about the potential for my mind changing, since some didn't believe me.
Mentally? Try physically. He wanted to prove to her the pain she felt in her fight against Kyoko is nothing compared to real pain, so he put his paw on her soul gem to give her a taste of true pain. I'd like to add this little torture lasted more than necessary.

The reason he did that was to demonstrate the usefulness of the soul gem. Thanks to it, magical girl can keep fighting even after getting injured. They're perfect little soldiers.
Old 2011-02-17, 13:01   Link #31
tsunade666

first impressions last.....

Stop torturing Sayaka KYUBEI!
Old 2011-02-17, 13:10   Link #32
Midonin
Last Engage

Spoiler for Madoka Magica 07 - SECRET AMBITION:
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-17, 13:10   Link #33
Mentar
Banned

Aaaaah, now that's my Urobuchi Gen ^_^

I had speculated after ep3 that Sayaka would contract for him, wishing for his recovery (check), that her true wish would be to gain his love (check), but that this wouldn't work out (check), and that he would most likely reject her (tentative that's-gonna-happen-check). Simply based on the experience that our beloved screenwriter likes to go for the worst-case scenario and wouldn't merely try to kill you, but twist the knife a bit before that. But I forgot that he's even meaner than what normal people can come up with. Having the love of her life taken away by Sayaka's own FRIEND is perfectly logical, yet even nastier.

Anyway, this is another demonstration how Urobuchi Gen's mind operates. He is _very_ careful to design a logical storyline progression, and he's absolutely ruthless in picking the worst-case scenario within these limits. Consequently, I'm really pretty convinced that Sayaka isn't merely going to die or something. She'll also not merely turn into an antagonist. Come up with about the worst and saddest thing you could imagine, then you're on the right track. The worst I can come up with is "turning into a witch".

So, download completed, off to watch
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-17, 13:21   Link #34
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Wait wait wait, from what I can tell Hitomi simply said she liked him and that's it. What's the big deal, so they like the same guy, that doesn't mean Sayaka and Kamijou can't be together.
Old 2011-02-17, 13:36   Link #35
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
Wait wait wait, from what I can tell Hitomi simply said she liked him and that's it. What's the big deal, so they like the same guy, that doesn't mean Sayaka and Kamijou can't be together.
Hitomi told her she'd confess to Kamijou tomorrow. She advised Sayaka to make a move before then so that she won't have any regret. From my understanding, Hitomi has had feelings for Kamijou for a while, yet she didn't do anything and even tried to forget about him out of consideration for Sayaka. However, she's grown tired of waiting and lying to herself, so now basically, she's telling Sayaka that if she doesn't freaking make her mind up already, she'll take him.

The only reason she's giving Sayaka an advance notice is that she's known Kamijou for longer than her. She feels it's only right for Sayaka to confess first. If she doesn't, then it's her loss. She's been warned, so she can't complain if Hitomi "steals" Kamijo.
Old 2011-02-17, 13:36   Link #36
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Mentally? Try physically. He wanted to prove to her the pain she felt in her fight against Kyoko is nothing compared to real pain, so he put his paw on her soul gem to give her a taste of true pain. I'd like to add this little torture lasted more than necessary.

The reason he did that was to demonstrate the usefulness of the soul gem. Thanks to it, magical girl can keep fighting even after getting injured. They're perfect little soldiers.
Interesting. From how you put it, he once again did something logical, but that is hard to handle emotionally, demonstrating once again that he doesn't quite understand the girls he's contracting. Although it almost sounds a version of slapping a girl who is overreacting, so that might be one way of looking at it.

Quote:
Shhh! Don't bring logic into this! People have their own little worlds already created, and you risk bringing those crashing down around their heads with your "reason" and "facts."

Although this does seem a bit out of left field, with a revelation that Hitomi has like Kamijou. If so, why wasn't she visiting him in the hospital, too? Seems like a bit of an ass-pull, just to torture Sayaka. What's next? She just happens to come home and find out a thief broke in and murdered her family?
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-17, 13:37   Link #37
tsunade666

Spoiler for Episode 7 - breaking down of sakaya-chan:

Man really mind breaking.
Old 2011-02-17, 13:40   Link #38
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Hitomi told her she'd confess to Kamijou tomorrow. She advised Sayaka to make a move before then so that she won't have any regret. From my understanding, Hitomi has had feelings for Kamijou for a while, yet she didn't do anything and even tried to forget about him out of consideration for Sayaka. However, she's grown tired of waiting and lying to herself, so now basically, she's telling Sayaka that if she doesn't freaking make her mind up already, she'll take him.

The only reason she's giving Sayaka an advance notice is that she's known Kamijou for longer than her. She feels it's only right for Sayaka to confess first. If she doesn't, then it's her loss. She's been warned, so she can't complain if Hitomi "steals" Kamijo.
That's so much confidence from her, it's like she knows she'll get him. The question now is did Sayaka friend zone herself with all that hospital visiting?
Old 2011-02-17, 13:41   Link #39
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
I'd call it the writing on the wall. It would come as a total shock to me if Sayaka would be able to snatch Kamijo from Hitomi. Yes, it hasn't happened _yet_, but I'm 99% sure it will.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-17, 13:43   Link #40
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
That's so much confidence from her, it's like she knows she'll get him. The question now is did Sayaka friend zone herself with all that hospital visiting?
She did sound very confident, but I think she was warning her just in case.