AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hidan no Aria

Notices

View Poll Results: Hidan no Aria - Episode 5 Rating
Perfect 10 7 13.73%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 13 25.49%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 15.69%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 15.69%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 13.73%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 5.88%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 5.88%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 3.92%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-05-15, 14:13   Link #141
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
It's true that if you can't be monogamous, you should definitely avoid yandere like the plague.
You're telling me you can absolutely not talk to a single other female in your life?

You who advocate one's right of freedom can completely devote every single ounch of your life towards a single person?
Old 2011-05-15, 14:20   Link #142
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
You're telling me you can absolutely not talk to a single other female in your life?
I don't remember any yandere that unreasonable. As long as one is faithful and avoid getting in ambiguous situations, it's fine.

Quote:
You who advocate one's right of freedom can completely devote every single ounch of your life towards a single person?
That's the thing about yandere. As long as it doesn't involve cheating on them, you can pretty much do what you want, from conquering the world to being a lazy bum, and they'll support it. That's not a lot of commitment, there.
Old 2011-05-15, 14:54   Link #143
Shadow6543

Quote:
I don't remember any yandere that unreasonable. As long as one is faithful and avoid getting in ambiguous situations, it's fine.

That's the thing about yandere. As long as it doesn't involve cheating on them, you can pretty much do what you want, from conquering the world to being a lazy bum, and they'll support it. That's not a lot of commitment, there.

true, personally i love both yandere and tsundere the only thing with a yandere is if another girl is into you she'll kill her and probably go to jail for life lol
Old 2011-05-15, 15:07   Link #144
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
I don't really remember KOR. Did Madoka hit or otherwise abuse the guy whenever she felt embarrassed?
Umm since when Aloof = physical violence? Tsun is being aloof, it doesnt say in what form - physical violence or verbal one. Madoka did plenty of verbal stuff (Insults, verbal abuse, teasing) on him, few times hit him too.

You have to understand that tsundere doenst have to abuse the guy physically. She has however be tsun (aloof) and dere (sweet) towards him though.

For example Asuka (from Evangelion) one of the most famous tsunderes rarely used actual physical violence towards Shinji, she usually just berated him verbally or teased him like crazy.
Old 2011-05-15, 15:35   Link #145
Dahak86
Classics never age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
For example Asuka (from Evangelion) one of the most famous tsunderes rarely used actual physical violence towards Shinji, she usually just berated him verbally or teased him like crazy.
Anta Baka !? ...
Old 2011-05-15, 15:38   Link #146
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:

You're kidding... The problem is what you see as cheating is not necessarily what she would see as cheating, talking to girl, any girl, seeing her happy around you... That's cheating to her.

Don't get me started about the 49 text messages per day, everyday. As well as intruding on any and every thing you do. And let's say you give in to all that, it would just escalate matter till you're not allow to do anything without her.

A yandere is not commitment, it's literally your entire life, paid in installments.
Old 2011-05-15, 15:41   Link #147
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Umm since when Aloof = physical violence? Tsun is being aloof, it doesnt say in what form - physical violence or verbal one. Madoka did plenty of verbal stuff (Insults, verbal abuse, teasing) on him, few times hit him too.

You have to understand that tsundere doenst have to abuse the guy physically. She has however be tsun (aloof) and dere (sweet) towards him though.

I agree that tsundere don't have to actually hit the guy. But they still have to be pretty abusive. Teasing doesn't even count.

These days, I'd say an essential component of a tsundere character is dishonesty and embarrassment more than aloofness. Any clue she likes the guy -> embarrassment -> abuse to cover it up.

Quote:
You're kidding... The problem is what you see as cheating is not necessarily what she would see as cheating, talking to girl, any girl, seeing her happy around you... That's cheating to her.
Not really. Did Shirayuki try to murder Riko? Did Kaede go bonkers before Rin really got away from her? Sure, you have to be careful not to flirt, and being alone with another girl's dangerous. But it's not an immediate death sentence.

Shouko's a better example of insane jealousy, but I'm sure part or all of it is due to Yuuji running away from her.

Quote:
Don't get me started about the 49 text messages per day, everyday. As well as intruding on any and every thing you do.
That's 49 total, because she was gone on some training camp. Besides:
- she wouldn't have sent so many if he'd just answered the first.
- she might not have sent any at all if she hadn't heard about his living with a girl.

Quote:
And let's say you give in to all that, it would just escalate matter till you're not allow to do anything without her.
Except for the areas that touch their possessiveness, they're very submissive. You want a boys' night to watch football, she'll prepare snacks before leaving you to it. You want a boys' night to visit a strip club, she'll murder everyone involved. So, yeah. Give up on the strip clubs. How hard can it be?

Last edited by Anh_Minh; 2011-05-15 at 15:54.
Old 2011-05-15, 16:13   Link #148
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

@A_M

Wow... Really? Every example I gave up there is the standard for yandere behavior- the obsessiveness inquiring, the deluded reality perception, the overwhelming neediness and possessive character... I suppose the best words to describe you is either 'bias', or 'optimistic', or possibly Just not seeing the whole picture.

But whatever, everyone has their preference, who am I to try to talk you out of it? Maybe there is something that I don't see? Just like you don't see the positive things about Tsunderes, so I'll just drop this.

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2011-05-15 at 16:24.
Old 2011-05-15, 16:18   Link #149
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
You realize you can't apply "selfish" to someone who's clinically insane?
If she's that insane, she oughta be locked up in an insane asylum.
Old 2011-05-15, 16:20   Link #150
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
@A_M

Wow... Really? Every example I gave up there is the standard for yandere behavior- the obsessiveness inquiring, the deluded reality perception, the overwhelming neediness... I suppose the best words to describe you is either 'bias', or 'optimistic', or possibly Just not seeing the whole picture.

But whatever, everyone has their preference, who am I to try to talk you out of it?
I gave examples of yandere showing the "reality" (fictionality?) wasn't as bad as what you described - as long as one stayed away from certain behaviors.
Old 2011-05-15, 16:43   Link #151
Darknemo2000

Quote:
I agree that tsundere don't have to actually hit the guy. But they still have to be pretty abusive. Teasing doesn't even count.

These days, I'd say an essential component of a tsundere character is dishonesty and embarrassment more than aloofness. Any clue she likes the guy -> embarrassment -> abuse to cover it up.
Actually teasing can be just as effective avoiding/covering up technique as a verbal abuse and physical one. Horo was a true master at that. despite Lawrence confessed her long time ago, she always tried to avoid putting it in words on her own end covering herself with either teasing or some anger (usually with Nora around).

And yeah dishonest is being important part of tsundere, though there are a few who were not really dishonest. Lum being historically the first tsundere wasnt really evasive about her affections. Hitagi though many like to pull to Kuudere is more of a tsundere (as her being mean to Araragi is much more tsun than kuu trait) too.

Most important is still being tsun and dere. Rather than using violence or being dishonest.
Old 2011-05-15, 16:56   Link #152
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Are Horo or Hitagi even described as tsundere?

Well, ultimately, it doesn't really matter. Let's say there are several kinds of tsundere. The one I was talking about when I said I preferred yandere was the violent hair-triggered tempered one.
Old 2011-05-15, 21:50   Link #153
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:

A yandere is not commitment, it's literally your entire life, paid in installments.
Nah....it's a weapon to be used well. just don't turn the blade on yourself...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
If she's that insane, she oughta be locked up in an insane asylum.
You know how many less than sound people are there walking around outside right now or pobably sitting next to you at school or work? She hasn't killed anyone yet in a place where violence as an outburst is everyday life...
Old 2011-05-16, 09:03   Link #154
Darknemo2000

Quote:
Are Horo or Hitagi even described as tsundere?

Well, ultimately, it doesn't really matter. Let's say there are several kinds of tsundere. The one I was talking about when I said I preferred yandere was the violent hair-triggered tempered one.
Horo is pretty much spor on tsundere even if you disagree about the teasing as a form of hiding/being dishonest. Horo is type B as you can see from her reactions with Nora and after lawrence confession.

The problem is that Type B tsunderes always need to be provoked (jealousy etc) to show the tsun side, otherwise they will be pretty nice girls around not really resembling a tsundere. Usually Type B tsunderes get provoked enough as her tsun is her charm but in Horo's case because there are so little females around she rarely gets provoked, particularly because Lawrence handles it all like an adult he is.

However, her rare tsun fits are still noticeable when Nora is around.

Hitagi herself called tsundere just like every other character did. She however has much more traits than that (has kuuderes deadpan expression etc), however she still has her tsun spun in a form of verbal abuse on Araragi just for her own sadistic pleasure to see him squirm.
Old 2011-05-17, 20:00   Link #155
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

This series is so cheese it's somehow enjoyable.

Giant hole in the plane? Physics? WHAT'S THAT?

Good shit~

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Old 2011-05-17, 21:23   Link #156
Shadow6543

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post
This series is so cheese it's somehow enjoyable.

Giant hole in the plane? Physics? WHAT'S THAT?

Good shit~
its not like other anime aren't guilty of that...
Old 2011-05-17, 22:01   Link #157
Master Chibi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow6543 View Post
I tend to space myself away from shows you could label as 'guilty pleasures', but every so often I fall right into one and end up enjoying it, even when it's as fucking b grade movie shit as this one is.

Old 2011-05-17, 23:45   Link #158
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
FFFFFFFFFF JUST ANIME? xD

Try "entertainment in general".
Old 2011-05-18, 01:42   Link #159
Shadow6543

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post
I tend to space myself away from shows you could label as 'guilty pleasures', but every so often I fall right into one and end up enjoying it, even when it's as fucking b grade movie shit as this one is.
i dont know about b grade dude..lol more like Die Hard or something in terms of physics and what not, i dont think that much scrutiny should be applied on anime in the first place its entertainment, i mean at the end of the day who cares? and for that matter why should HnA be labeled guilty pleasure? its not that bad...no need to look down on it
Old 2011-05-18, 02:50   Link #160
Master Chibi

Quote:
i dont know about b grade dude..lol more like Die Hard or something in terms of physics and what not, i dont think that much scrutiny should be applied on anime in the first place its entertainment, i mean at the end of the day who cares? and for that matter why should HnA be labeled guilty pleasure? its not that bad...no need to look down on it
lol

Don't take offense to it, but this is pretty much some late 90's Van Damme B action flick leftovers. I'm not scrutinizing it either, if I did that I'd be picking apart things left and right. I'm just having my laughs and enjoying it regardless of all the silly shit and the mediocre quality of the show.

Closed Thread