AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Old 2012-10-25, 21:03   Link #1
Midnight2352
Midnight
*Author

Cool Mangas for beginners who love romance....

I just started reading mangas. The only one and that I am currently reading is Dengeki Daisy. Have you got any that i might like? I don't expect it to be like Dengeki Daisy. I just want one with romance but it must be a major part of the story not behind the scenes kind of thing.
Well, I hope that helped. And I look forward to your suggestion for me as a beginner and a lover of romance.

I don't want to read mangas where i have already seen the anime. However, if the manga continues where the anime left off, that's fine. If you could provide me with the info as to where it leaves off, that would be perfect.

Thank you,
Midnight2352

Last edited by Midnight2352; 2012-10-26 at 11:39.
Midnight2352 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 21:13   Link #2
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Why don't you give Cat Street and Kitchen Princess a shot. They were the few romance manga I've read when I started getting into them. I'm sure you'll find a great romance story with those two and enjoy them.
Old 2012-10-25, 21:50   Link #3
jedinat

Koukou Debut
W-Juliet
Dear Mine
Mars - darker than the others
...and those are all complete, since beginners like completed stories in my experience, lol.
jedinat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-26, 03:20   Link #4
Laniaka

Lovely Complex is a story about two friends who fall in love with eachother.
Hana to Akuma is about a small -but growing- girl and her love for a demon.
Both are typical shoujo romance stories just like Dengeki Daisy.
And they're both complete
Laniaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-26, 07:54   Link #5
Midnight2352
Midnight
*Author

Thank you so much for helping a beginner like me and for going through all the trouble to find completed ones.
Laniaka...I have already seen Lovely Complex the anime so I will not be reading the manga. Your other suggestion though will be on the list too.
Old 2012-10-26, 08:37   Link #6
Laniaka

Yeah could have seen that on your profile.
Just looked there and i saw you like Ouran Highschool Host Club. So you might want to try Yamato Nadeshiko Shichihenge, it's somewhat similar and it's a romance manga.
Unfortunately it's not finished yet.
Laniaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-26, 09:02   Link #7
Siphine
The Dreamer

R+V since it contains less ecchi and actually more story than the anime and is pretty good i think

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Last edited by Siphine; 2012-10-27 at 13:19.
Siphine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-26, 11:38   Link #8
Midnight2352
Midnight
*Author

Oh man! I feel bad now that i realized i forgot to update my anime list. I have seen Yamato Nadeshiko Shichihenge the anime. It seems funny, romantic yet disturbing. Siphine, I've already seen R+V the anime. I don't want to read mangas where i have already seen the anime. However, if the manga continues where the anime left off, that's fine.
Thanks for the suggestions though.
Old 2012-10-26, 12:47   Link #9
NinjaRealist
Battoru!

My personal favorites:

Haru Yo Koi
Nozoki Ana
The World God Only Knows

and...

Mangaka-san To Assistant-san To (not quite romance, more like ecchi comedy)

Also, if you are into romance manga starring females the queen of all josei manga is:

Nana

and in my opinion it lives up to the hype.
Old 2012-10-27, 02:03   Link #10
Siphine
The Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight2352 View Post
Siphine, I've already seen R+V the anime. I don't want to read mangas where i have already seen the anime. However, if the manga continues where the anime left off, that's fine.
Thanks for the suggestions though.
I actually watched the anime first so i was reluctant to read the maga but i needed to finish the story so i did, didn't regret it, almost completly different storyline, so it's fine, actually many of the people who read the manga before the anime came out said that the anime didn't follow the manga very well and thought it should be redone. The manga isn't a completley different story but it brings in different characters and stories then the anime did and it actually has an ending

Old 2012-10-27, 02:34   Link #11
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Hmm ... there's lots of good ones out there.

I'll rattle off a few that immediately come to mind and separate them into Completed and Ongoing Series (assuming that you are reading Eng TL of course).

Completed: Full Moon wo Sagashito (younger targeted audience); Kitchen Princess (as another member mentioned above) is good; Little House with an Orange Roof; Whisper of the Heart (Vol. 1 - the basis for the animated Ghibli film); Soramiyo is kinda cute; I really enjoyed Mekakushi no Kuni; Marmalade Boy; Midori no Hibi and Ichigo 100%.

Ongoing: Kimi ni Todoke; Kaichou wa Maid-sama; Love so Life; Hiyokoi and Nisekoi are both close to my heart; Sukitte Iinayo (great - currently airing as an anime series); Platinum Garden and Shitsuji-sama no Onikiri (really like these two); Pastel (veerrryyyy slow pace - almost slower than the infamous Kimi ni Todoke, but the art at times is amazing); Tonari wo Kashiwagi-san (like this one too); Nagaraboshi Lens and Namida Usagi are full blown shoujo and the teen emotions just seep out ... well, I like them; Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun is another good one (although for me the currently airing anime is even better); Good Ending is also a ... well ... good read; Inu x Boku SS and Mysterious Girlfriend X are also quite good - might check out the recent stupendous anime adaptations done of them if you haven't already.

Do Novel TL count too? If they do then give the 10 vols. of Toradora! and the 1 vol. work Remembrances of a Certain Pilot a try (the latter is moving but bitter-sweet/sad...)

Last edited by Flower; 2012-10-27 at 02:55. Reason: Oops....
Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-27, 02:47   Link #12
jedinat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
Full Moon wo Sagashite (younger targeted audience);
Personally, I thought the anime much better than the manga... and I wouldn't emphasize it having a younger demographic as I didn't feel it talks down to its audience or does anything that would put off adult viewers.
jedinat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-27, 02:54   Link #13
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedinat View Post
Personally, I thought the anime much better than the manga... and I wouldn't emphasize it having a younger demographic as I didn't feel it talks down to its audience or does anything that would put off adult viewers.
Hmm ... good point, didn't think of how describing it the way I did could bring a negative connotation with it, but now that you describe it like that I'd agree.

Personal taste-wise I thought the anime was well done too, but found myself liking the manga a little more....
Old 2012-10-27, 07:48   Link #14
Kafriel
Senior Guest

+1 for R+V, the manga is much better in so many ways...
Reimei no arcana, the romance takes priority but the plot's good and the characters are likeable. Unfortunately, it's a monthly release. 40-some chapters so far.
Nisekoi, fun little romcom, most likely nearing its end now.
Tsubasa Chronicles. Lots of romance involved but it's spaced out, reading xxxHOLIC (SoL/supernatural) may help with a few things, because the two stories converge at certain points.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-27, 08:52   Link #15
Midnight2352
Midnight
*Author

Thanks Siphine, I'm glad to hear R+V does have an ending. Can you please tell me where the anime leaves off in the manga?

Flower, Thanks for the great suggestions with details. I am reading the English TL. Some of the ones you listed that are on going animes, I am currently watching them in anime so I'll put those off for a while. I'll have to pass up Kimi Ni Todoke (sorry) because it moves too slow for me. Mysterious Girlfriend X irks me out with the drooling part so that's off the list. I tried watching Marmalade Boy in anime but didn't like the art so manga will be no different.
However, I'll read the other suggestions you listed. I've seen Kaichou Wa Maid Sama but I don'tt know where the anime leaves off in the manga. Can you tell me?

Bigdeal000 Thanks for the suggestion.

Kafriel your suggestions are great. I don't mind waiting for Reimei no arcana since i will be reading other mangas as well.

All in All, Thank you so much everyone!!!!
Old 2012-10-27, 11:18   Link #16
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
I'm glad to hear R+V does have an ending. Can you please tell me where the anime leaves off in the manga?
Technically, the anime covers part I (kinda, because the ending is anime original), but it is recommended to start over, as there is a defining difference between the two: while the anime has a happy-go-lucky harem thing going on, the manga is more focused on Tsukune's survival and everyday threat of dying instead, resulting in a much darker environment with a tone of seriousness that leaves room for the plot to develop.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-27, 12:00   Link #17
Siphine
The Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Technically, the anime covers part I (kinda, because the ending is anime original), but it is recommended to start over, as there is a defining difference between the two: while the anime has a happy-go-lucky harem thing going on, the manga is more focused on Tsukune's survival and everyday threat of dying instead, resulting in a much darker environment with a tone of seriousness that leaves room for the plot to develop.
Yeah i did the same thing, i started completely over because I didn't really know what the anime covered and did not, and ended up discovering more stuff that is in the manga than the anime.

The manga has a tone of seriousness but it still has it's moments

Important: If you start with Part 2 then you will be completly lost because stuff happens to the characters that don't happen in the anime version (not trying to give anything away)

Last edited by Siphine; 2012-10-27 at 18:14.
Old 2012-10-27, 12:27   Link #18
Midnight2352
Midnight
*Author

Ah. Ok. I see where you're coming from. I'll start from the beginning then. Thank you for your help.
Old 2012-10-27, 13:17   Link #19
Siphine
The Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight2352 View Post
Ah. Ok. I see where you're coming from. I'll start from the beginning then. Thank you for your help.
Thank me after you're done with part I and saying how awesome it is

Old 2012-10-27, 14:22   Link #20
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Love Complex remains one of my favorites (completed series). The Spice&Wolf manga is currently ongoing as is the Toradora! manga.