AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Boku wa Tomodachi...

Notices

View Poll Results: Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT - Episode 12 (End) Rating
Perfect 10 30 28.30%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 39 36.79%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 15 14.15%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 8.49%
6 out of 10 : Average 8 7.55%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.89%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 2.83%
Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-03-31, 15:26   Link #181
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Just because there'll be more Light Novel material doesn't necessarily mean the anime staff will continue to adapt it. Far from it. I will not be even remotely surprised if this is all we're gonna get.
Old 2013-03-31, 16:12   Link #182
lightsenshi
Author

Rika is really cute with cat ears....
Old 2013-03-31, 17:44   Link #183
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfiniteDistance
Yozora as a character has deteriorated pretty fast for me. She's just generally unlikeable. At least she had long hair in the first season . I could definitely live with her being replaced by the student council president. At least Sena is alpha enough to just fess up, that alone makes her a much better pick (curves aside). Yozora just got NTR'ed big time.

I also concur with Aoi and the student council president being a nice addition to the cast, rather refreshing. I just hope we'll get another season to see them in action.
hey it's a Hanabro

Quote:
Originally Posted by thundrakkon View Post
She is who she is from her past experiences, and people change accordingly.
Hm, my last post probably wasn't written clearly enough. The point of the comparison isn't to state that Yozora's present day self is similar to the Student Council president by and large; in most respects, they are very different people. They do share a bond in that they are both ambitious and leaderlike, however (the most recent example of such being Yozora... uh... "writing" the film, and orchestrating its production). Yozora suffered through many years of loneliness, and her personality wilted to a large extent like a flower deprived of sunlight; wheras the Student Council president presumably grew up in a warmer environment and was allowed to fully blossom, like a flower that's allowed to constantly bask in sunlight. Sackett thinks that Yozora is envious of the Student Council president, because she sees in her the person that Yozora herself could have become. "If my childhood and adolescence was happier, could I have blossomed into the same kind of person that she is? You know... instead of being a bitter, jealous, vindictive bitch?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak
And Sena is no less chaste. I don't know what you're trying to imply and I don't want to know either...
Sena is as sex-driven as Rika? I approve of this character interpretation.
Old 2013-03-31, 20:00   Link #184
khryoleoz
Power of 9 SoShi-ist

Rika really shined brightly this season. My favorite character by far!
Old 2013-04-01, 00:16   Link #185
memeguy
Bit Herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by khryoleoz View Post
Rika really shined brightly this season. My favorite character by far!
I agree, Rika was fantastic in NEXT, my favorite of the girls too. I never expected her character to turn around so drastically this season. I've watched the battle scene between her and Kodaka in ep12 several times and have marveled at the voice acting of both of them (I do speak Japanese).

I still like Sena a lot too; she really showed her determination in the showdown against Yusa Aoi in ep11. An to me, she was never cuter than when she was waiting for Kodaka's reply after her abrupt confession at the end of that show.

As for Yozora, I have never really liked her character that much. But mostly I feel sorry for her. There seems to be much unvisited back story to explain why she is so broken. It's got to be more than the fact she was not able to say goodbye to Taka 10 years ago. She's made several references to bullying, rape and betrayal. I wonder what horrible combination of those things contributed to her personality. I really hope she is redeemable. The contrast between her and Hinata is obvious; it is as if Hinata is the type of person that Yozora could have been.
Old 2013-04-01, 03:45   Link #186
Makoto Yuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by memeguy View Post
I agree, Rika was fantastic in NEXT, my favorite of the girls too. I never expected her character to turn around so drastically this season. I've watched the battle scene between her and Kodaka in ep12 several times and have marveled at the voice acting of both of them (I do speak Japanese).

I still like Sena a lot too; she really showed her determination in the showdown against Yusa Aoi in ep11. An to me, she was never cuter than when she was waiting for Kodaka's reply after her abrupt confession at the end of that show.

As for Yozora, I have never really liked her character that much. But mostly I feel sorry for her. There seems to be much unvisited back story to explain why she is so broken. It's got to be more than the fact she was not able to say goodbye to Taka 10 years ago. She's made several references to bullying, rape and betrayal. I wonder what horrible combination of those things contributed to her personality. I really hope she is redeemable. The contrast between her and Hinata is obvious; it is as if Hinata is the type of person that Yozora could have been.
duudeee... broken? rape? betrayal? Wow! the image of Yozora is getting worse lately.. watever. forever a Yozora fan
Old 2013-04-01, 08:38   Link #187
memeguy
Bit Herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makoto Yuki View Post
duudeee... broken? rape? betrayal? Wow! the image of Yozora is getting worse lately.. watever. forever a Yozora fan
I'm interested .... why are you a Yozora fan?
Old 2013-04-01, 08:46   Link #188
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I heavily doubt rape is actually going to be aspect of Yozora's background. It would contrast far too much with the general light-hearted tone of the story and I doubt they would hint at such a sobering revelation through a joke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
Sena is as sex-driven as Rika? I approve of this character interpretation.
You're so funny...
Old 2013-04-01, 08:49   Link #189
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
Hm, my last post probably wasn't written clearly enough. The point of the comparison isn't to state that Yozora's present day self is similar to the Student Council president by and large; in most respects, they are very different people. They do share a bond in that they are both ambitious and leaderlike, however (the most recent example of such being Yozora... uh... "writing" the film, and orchestrating its production). Yozora suffered through many years of loneliness, and her personality wilted to a large extent like a flower deprived of sunlight; wheras the Student Council president presumably grew up in a warmer environment and was allowed to fully blossom, like a flower that's allowed to constantly bask in sunlight. Sackett thinks that Yozora is envious of the Student Council president, because she sees in her the person that Yozora herself could have become. "If my childhood and adolescence was happier, could I have blossomed into the same kind of person that she is? You know... instead of being a bitter, jealous, vindictive bitch?"
Exactly. That's what I thought we were supposed to get from Hinata, whose voice and mannerisms do evoke Yozora, or at least they did for me.

Of course Yozora probably sees it more as: "That b**** is only succeeding because she got all the breaks. If I had gotten the breaks she had I'd be doing even better than her."

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Old 2013-04-01, 09:40   Link #190
Megacrash Gr
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Send a message via AIM to Megacrash Gr
Whoa, I did not see that kind of ending coming, Although it's better than a cliche ending that everything's all dandy at the end. Episode was awesome. The battle scene was epic, and I'm happy for Kodaka and Rika to be officially friends. As for Yozora...hopefully she'll come back to the club.
Old 2013-04-01, 11:07   Link #191
Makoto Yuki

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by memeguy View Post
I'm interested .... why are you a Yozora fan?
WEW, ok.. i was just looking for a funny anime coz all animes i watched recently are sad and depressing like welcome to nhk and anohana and i felt so lonely.. and yozora caught my attention, she's so funny(next is Rika). I dont really take the story of Hanagai seriously cause its full of cliche. well, i think Haganai anime will be dull and bland without her, imho.

When I saw her cried at the end, it made my heart break after all the happiness she gave me TT^TT

There you go..

Last edited by Makoto Yuki; 2013-04-01 at 11:31.
Old 2013-04-01, 13:46   Link #192
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
You're so funny...
someone's crabby this morning

But yeah, I did misread the post.
Old 2013-04-01, 14:20   Link #193
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Lol, I just thought you were intentionally wisecracking with me.
Old 2013-04-01, 16:16   Link #194
Trogdolyte

one of the few harem shows i like. decent ending too. can't wait for season 3! hopefully he will pick yozo. or anyone that's not rika. rika can be a good friend though.
Old 2013-04-01, 22:52   Link #195
Raviel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Just because there'll be more Light Novel material doesn't necessarily mean the anime staff will continue to adapt it. Far from it. I will not be even remotely surprised if this is all we're gonna get.
If it gets popular enough and there's enough material to animate we could get a season 3 in a few years.

Although at this point that's pretty much just wishful thinking.
Old 2013-04-01, 23:11   Link #196
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raviel View Post
If it gets popular enough and there's enough material to animate we could get a season 3 in a few years.
It has taken 2 years and ten months for the author to produce 8 volumes that produced two 12 episode seasons. It will then take another year for enough material to be produced and then they will check how popular the franchise still is, if lucky then they will start for the winter season of that year, so we are talking about winter 2014 if we are lucky.
Old 2013-04-02, 12:12   Link #197
mironicus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackett View Post
I haven't read the novels and I can tell you Kodaka's type:

Long dark hair
A build similar to Rika or Yozora
Chaste
Demure
Strong Willed (Yes, he wants both this and demure- Yamato Nadeshiko would be an example of this, although there are other variations, and Kodaka is not set on a Yamato Nadeshiko.)
Intelligent
You haven't read - so you can't tell. And this is also just your own taste in woman.

What Kodaka likes about other people/girls:
He likes blond haired-people with north-european face shapes. He wished for himself that he had inherited the looks of his mother (like Kobato did).
He likes big breasts.
He likes long hair.
He likes revealingly dressed girls.
He likes straight people.
He likes active, diligent people.
He likes happy people.
He likes intelligent people.
He likes athletic people.
He likes good (popular) people (doing good deeds, helping other people).

Kodaka himself
He likes to make people happy.
He wants to be liked by everyone.
He likes to be complimented and admired.
He helps people who are in distress and in demand of help without any hesitation.
He follows all the school rules, he tries not to make any mistakes and he always tries to give other people a good impression of himself.
He is also a good house keeper, a very good cook and a kind brother to his sister.

What Kodaka is aiming for (reference: watch Episode 0 - Kodaka's dream)
He wants to be a flawless human being, always surrounded by happy people, admired and liked, perfect in everything and he wants to live without any conflicts.

Kodaka's problem
He always avoids having conflicts with any person in his environment.
He avoids to have deeper contact with other people. The source of this problem (his fears) was not revealed yet.

Short summary of Kodaka's behaviour:
He is extremely focused to always get along with other people while he is also focused not to make deeper bonds with them.

What changed at the end of Vol. 8?
Kodaka's problem not to bond with other people was solved because Rika forced him to talk about his problems. She stopped him from running away, he recognized his friendships and now he can enjoy his life with his friends.
Old 2013-04-02, 18:09   Link #198
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Finally got around to watching the episode. Rika has quickly developed from a background character for me to someone I've really come to like and respect. She's probably had the best development out of all the girls and it really shows. She's become one of my favorites, to the point that I wouldn't mind Sena losing to her (or vice versa) if there's ever really a romance route.

Felt a bit bad for Yozora. She's so stuck in the past and in her ways that while everyone else is growing and reaping the fruits of the Neighbor's Club (Rika and Kodaka are friends, Sena confesses, Maria and Kobato are friends, Yukimura growing as a character), she's instead throwing it away. It's knd of sad, actually.
Old 2013-04-02, 23:28   Link #199
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Its just too bad the Friend maker game got cut out, that was quiete funny.
(Though for some reason I remember them having played a board game in the past oO)

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2013-04-02, 23:47   Link #200
Raviel

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
Finally got around to watching the episode. Rika has quickly developed from a background character for me to someone I've really come to like and respect. She's probably had the best development out of all the girls and it really shows. She's become one of my favorites, to the point that I wouldn't mind Sena losing to her (or vice versa) if there's ever really a romance route.

Felt a bit bad for Yozora. She's so stuck in the past and in her ways that while everyone else is growing and reaping the fruits of the Neighbor's Club (Rika and Kodaka are friends, Sena confesses, Maria and Kobato are friends, Yukimura growing as a character), she's instead throwing it away. It's knd of sad, actually.
True its sad, but it makes sense for her character, how she deals with the developments in the club is what will make or break her relationship with everyone else.

If you think about it, it actually looks like Yozora is running away from the the club just like Kodaka did and is just as conflicted as he was, if that picture she kept with her and her statements in the previous episodes are any indication then I think we can safely say Yozora also values the time she spent with everyone (regardless of what she says).
Closed Thread