AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2007-05-01, 02:00   Link #521
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Quote:
Originally Posted by GriS View Post
It has been mentioned several times in this thread, with reply too.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fourth_Wall
I know what the fourth wall is. I was making a joke about the fact that this show breaks it so much that it has no respect for it.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-01, 06:25   Link #522
Mecha_Trueno
餓鬼に興味ない、俺の好みは年上の美女だ

Location: Shitty old London. They must've been on drugs when they built this place, WTF were they smoking!!!
@manga readers: i posted this earlier actually... maybe it was missed. anyway, does the frame in the opening have any reference to later eps? we see a frame with a gift that looks like a valentines/white day chocolate for maria. was ther ever a chapter with this? wonder if we'll get it in the anime?

禁則事項です
Mecha_Trueno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-01, 06:39   Link #523
raidou
Confused person

Send a message via MSN to raidou
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruitfly View Post
Awsome Hina pic. Is there a higher res version of this?
and is there any good Hayate wallpaper around?
Not sure about the wallpaper i found a few but they are not impressive.I will try to find higher res of that pic for you , it is from manga scan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanos View Post
What're the reference during the "jab" sequence? Like when Sakuya starts beating on Hayate?
And i'm seeing alot of people saying ep5 refers to Shanna, can someone point it out? I didn't really liked that series so i didn't really pay attention to a lot of it
Sakuya Jab sequence:
-Back kick refer to Kamen Rider Faiz Crimson Smash/Rider kick (resemblance in color/device on her ankle)
-"Slapping" part refer to GeGe no Kintaro (especially the background)
-Last one no one know for sure maybe WWF?

The shanna part i believe Gris already answered all that
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecha_Trueno View Post
@manga readers: i posted this earlier actually... maybe it was missed. anyway, does the frame in the opening have any reference to later eps? we see a frame with a gift that looks like a valentines/white day chocolate for maria. was ther ever a chapter with this? wonder if we'll get it in the anime?
Spoiler for major manga spoiler:

Not sure whether this will be included in the anime since they seem to skip/combine a lot of chapter and volume randomly....this is actually made the anime kinda bad compared to manga.
raidou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-01, 08:18   Link #524
arkon

My thoughts are pretty much the same as for last week's episode really, though I must admit I did chuckle a bit at the first few seconds Hayate was out on the street but after that I think they killed the joke. Did get a bit annoyed at the scene at the vending machine too which is a first for me whilst watching the series, saw it coming from a mile away but that didn't help me... Otherwise it was decent stuff but not especially hilarious... fluctuating between a 6 or 7 out of 10 for the series so far. I think I'll mainly be sticking around for the Hinagiku bits which hopefully there will be more of.
arkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-01, 10:11   Link #525
garra113
CaramellDansen!!!

Umm I know I might be spamming but can one of you guys give me the WHOLE list of refrences in episode 5 xD lol :P Please? :P
garra113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-01, 10:28   Link #526
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I enjoy this show. I enjoy the plethora of great seiyuu. I enjoy the complete lack of respect for the fourth wall. I get very few of the references and it doesn't impair my enjoyment at all.

This is another show where I'm so glad I haven't read the manga. In fact, it's a bit of a downer to have manga-readers complaining all the time. In any case, since they've moved things around, take heart that some of the missed sequences may yet show up.

EDIT: I'm thinking Matsuki Miyu (Isumi) may have the "cutest" seiyuu voice of all, right now. Amazing.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2007-05-01 at 11:06.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-01, 10:51   Link #527
Mueti
あ!

Send a message via ICQ to Mueti
While not as hilarious as the first 2 eps, the series is still very enjoyable. I think only I got like 1 or 2 of all the references in the first 5 episodes though.

And Isumi is sooo cuuuute!!
Old 2007-05-01, 12:46   Link #528
mdauben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mueti View Post
While not as hilarious as the first 2 eps, the series is still very enjoyable. :
I think I agree on both counts.

Quote:
I think only I got like 1 or 2 of all the references in the first 5 episodes though. :heh
Yes, one of the things I enjoyed about the first two episodes was that I actually "got" most of the references. It was much more accessable than Pani Poni Dash for example, where even with the fansubbers notes I didn't understand most of the references. The last episode of Hayate, though, most of them were just over my head.
mdauben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-01, 13:00   Link #529
ths1138

Hmm... Just like to point out the silhouettes of Optimus Prime, RX-78 Gundam and Tetsujin No. 28 in the OP sequence of the show since I haven't seen anyone mention that yet. And Nagi seemed to throw a simplified Optimus Prime toy at Hayate when she threw him out of the library in ep 2? 3?

- ths1138
ths1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-01, 13:03   Link #530
Kisuke06
I see...

Episode 5 was very good! It really is a coincidence that so much accidents happened to destroy Hayate's coat.

Quote:
Yes, one of the things I enjoyed about the first two episodes was that I actually "got" most of the references. It was much more accessable than Pani Poni Dash for example, where even with the fansubbers notes I didn't understand most of the references. The last episode of Hayate, though, most of them were just over my head.
Indeed. I watched PaniPoni Dash but couldn't get not even half of the references. But I have been able to get the references in episodes 1 to 4 of Hayate no Gotoku! but I didn't get any of episode 5... just in that scene where Hayate keeps "I must run away" I remembered of Shinji in Evangelion, but he says "I mustn't run away."

It was a good episode nevertheless.
Kisuke06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-01, 13:14   Link #531
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itachi-chan View Post
Episode 5 was very good! It really is a coincidence that so much accidents happened to destroy Hayate's coat.
i wouldnt call it coincidence...more like the divine wrath from O' santa claus (or the narrator ~ "shut up i say!")

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-01, 14:03   Link #532
raidou
Confused person

Send a message via MSN to raidou
@ths1138
They were mentioned in early pages of this thread.
Quote:
Quote:
i wouldnt call it coincidence...more like the divine wrath from O' santa claus (or the narrator ~ "shut up i say!")
There is actually something that cause all that to happen in the manga version

Edit:I removed the manga spoiler ,sorry about that thought it might be okay since the series already went past that chapter

Last edited by raidou; 2007-05-01 at 15:49.
raidou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-01, 14:14   Link #533
Mecha_Trueno
餓鬼に興味ない、俺の好みは年上の美女だ

Location: Shitty old London. They must've been on drugs when they built this place, WTF were they smoking!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ths1138 View Post
Hmm... Just like to point out the silhouettes of Optimus Prime, RX-78 Gundam and Tetsujin No. 28 in the OP sequence of the show since I haven't seen anyone mention that yet. And Nagi seemed to throw a simplified Optimus Prime toy at Hayate when she threw him out of the library in ep 2? 3?

- ths1138
shit man, u got good eyes! i didnt notice the optimus prime silhouette in the openig before.

btw, as for the 'sakuya speed-stepping of hayate's balls', i dont think this is a reference but when i first saw it (in the preview from ep4) i was cracking up while remembering bleach. cant remember what ep, basically in the soul society arc when ichigo first meets ganju and they start beating hell out of each other. ganju basically did a sakuya on ichigo.

禁則事項です
Mecha_Trueno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-01, 15:12   Link #534
Conan-san
Cruel Angel's Thesis

Censor-twat is realy starting to get up my nose.
Conan-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-01, 15:32   Link #535
Seska

Guys, with all respect. Does this Anime here don't have it's own Manga thread? Don't mix Manga wisdom with the anime,when there is a own manga thread. Keep the Admins happy . Even when you hide it in Spoiler Tags...

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=555

With no hard feelings...
Seska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-01, 22:46   Link #536
RedFrame
A talking white tiger :O
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to RedFrame

hey O_O.. its from mirmo zibang! the fairy costume for the heroine... (i dont remember the name though -_-; )

RedFrame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-01, 23:18   Link #537
Telliamed
sensei no pet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruitfly View Post
- The painter is painting a sign with Conan on it. I bet the detective conan people are paying Synergy SP to put all those conan references in . And I think Santa Claus is back riding a bike
Which keeps the trend of showing Conan in every episode.

I wasn't sure about ep1, so I watched it again. They were tricky there -- Conan doesn't show up during the regular part of the show, but he's in the preview for ep.2. In ep.2 he's in the room Hayate cleans. Ep.3 he's in the garden. Ep.4 in the trees. Ep.5 on the billboard.

I predict it'll be back to the statue next.

Also, it's a clever contrast that when Hayate met Nagi he gave her his coat, and she complained (numerous times) about how cheap it is. Now Hayate is wearing a coat and worrying (numerous times) about how expensive it is.
Telliamed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-01, 23:49   Link #538
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post

EDIT: I'm thinking Matsuki Miyu (Isumi) may have the "cutest" seiyuu voice of all, right now. Amazing.
Wait, even moreso than Rie Kugimiya (Though her talent to go from cute to psycho and squeaky girl to borderline masculine in like 3 seconds might detract from her portrayal of "Cuteness" a bit. In fact I think I described her to my friend as in reality being a sentient canister of helium modeled to look like a human female. The R.I.E [Realistic Intense Expression] MK. U.G.I.M.I.Y.A [Upset Girl Imitation Mechanism Instead of Young Actress]frequently releases air in a manner that sounds kind of like words, hence we get Rie Kumumblia. However being a sentient mechanism brough to life without any memories it sufffers from an identity crisis and thus flipflops between doing tsundere loli and young male roles). Wait, what was I talking about again.... Well I almost can't wait to see this Izumi character.

I'm going to look at this post in the morning and go "WTH?!" aren't I people?
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-02, 00:14   Link #539
Fruitfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedFrame View Post

hey O_O.. its from mirmo zibang! the fairy costume for the heroine... (i dont remember the name though -_-; )
I still think it's Bell from MÄR though I heard a few people say it's from mirmo zibang. One reason is that the heroine of Miromo Zibang isn't voiced by Rie. She voices Murumo, a fat little blue thing o.o (unless it transforms into something else o_O)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
Well I almost can't wait to see this Izumi character.
Isumi or Izumi? whoa I'm getting confused by their names. Both their voices are cute
Fruitfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-02, 01:42   Link #540
RedFrame
A talking white tiger :O
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to RedFrame
now that you mention it i think it might be Belle...
Spoiler:

RedFrame is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, romance, shounen, synergy sp