AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2013-12-09, 21:59   Link #49061
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post
Hmm... Got this idea of pining somekind of arrow onto the barrier, then constanly shot on it.
I have no words

Quote:
That remind me, how much physical demanding is an IS? I mean it's an Exoskeleton for sure, but how much it truly need to engage in a long, straining battle?
See tempest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
Which, quite honestly, is the ideal training for being in that type of suit.

Stamina and flexibility would be paramount in this - hence why the girls look the way they do but still, they can look better. Unless her IS frame can translate her physical strength well enough, all that training might really be - useless. But, if she trained so that her muscles react faster and can endure much more stress than the 'normal' pilots, it might help.

Hnnn, now that I think about it, her physical strength won't really matter if she pushes her frame harder than most - it will only endure what the frame can endure, nothing more.
The only useful training to use an I.S. is nothing but cardio, agility, and dexterity, because stamina, reflex and skill is much more important than actual strength.

As a side note, Icchan's body is nothing but but side effect. Infinite Stratos Boost pilot's hormonal output to the level necessary (Canon, volume 1)

But when you train like a conscript on steroid, your body will surely need more. When Chifuyu of all people less muscular than her, someone need to fix her schedule badly.

This will also covered in Physical Exam in upcoming chapter 7
Old 2013-12-09, 22:01   Link #49062
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

And we all agree that Chifuyu could be a lot better alone than a generic pilot. Minus the barrier, of course. Heck, I wouldn't surprise if she managed to take down a dozen of EOS with just Katanas.

Which lead to the question: Who would be able to court her? Or Vice Versa?
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-09, 22:04   Link #49063
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Also, anyone having the idea of putting the pilot in delusion? Simply put, putting layers and layers of mental walls in a pilot's brain so that her senses would be reduced to the most basic, including the disable of pain?
Old 2013-12-09, 22:05   Link #49064
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Also, anyone having the idea of putting the pilot in delusion? Simply put, putting layers and layers of mental walls in a pilot's brain so that her senses would be reduced to the most basic, including the disable of pain?
NANOMACHINES SON

That's all
Old 2013-12-09, 22:19   Link #49065
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

...so she basically overdid her physical training thanks to the hormonal imbalance. In hindsight, Chifuyu should have mentioned this to her like a good big sister...

However, as one can see from just my sig, various artists have different views on how 'robust' Chifuyu's actual body frame is compared to other people. For the official drawings, she does look like a model with very little muscle mass (which is WRONG - no way that she could have blocked Laura's blade like that cold without having some muscle behind it). Even the best technique in the world is nothing without the adequate strength to go with it. And when facing an IS on foot, you better have some strength to you.

Which is why I prefer the B&W version more (and not just for the increase in her chest). One could see that she might actually have some musculature to her body - enough to intimidate people to think, "how much of a monster would she be in an IS frame" type thing.
Old 2013-12-09, 22:27   Link #49066
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
...so she basically overdid her physical training thanks to the hormonal imbalance. In hindsight, Chifuyu should have mentioned this to her like a good big sister...
Both way, actually. It's a perpetual circle after all.

It's not easy for a girl to build muscle, and Icchan is much closer to MMA contender, rather than bodybuilder.

Like her, for example

But as said before, compared to everyone else* she's plainly abnormal.

* I.S. pilot came in 3 figure = supermodel, balanced, or petite loli.
Old 2013-12-09, 22:28   Link #49067
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Yeah, but I plan for that Pilot get a particular treatment: Imagine Berserker-class in Fate and Moka from Rosario. They aren't crazy, but their other personalities are. This pilot due to the use of that system developed three differ persona: A Dove (Normal, Cheerful Person), Raven (Merciless IS Pilot) and Peacock (True Self). After finally merged these three, she found herself with ESP, due to her brain had to housed three different Trains of Though, and it forced itself to evovle.
Old 2013-12-09, 22:42   Link #49068
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

... That's my 'normal' girl so ...

I was probably thinking a few settings higher than what you were thinking on it.
Old 2013-12-09, 22:44   Link #49069
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Mind to explain?
Old 2013-12-09, 22:47   Link #49070
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

The 'Icchan' in my head was had about 25% more muscle mass than his example picture. For some reason, my brain defaults to that... don't know why... ><
Old 2013-12-09, 22:48   Link #49071
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

Quote:
Yeah, but I plan for that Pilot get a particular treatment: Imagine Berserker-class in Fate and Moka from Rosario. They aren't crazy, but their other personalities are. This pilot due to the use of that system developed three differ persona: A Dove (Normal, Cheerful Person), Raven (Merciless IS Pilot) and Peacock (True Self). After finally merged these three, she found herself with ESP, due to her brain had to housed three different Trains of Though, and it forced itself to evovle.
It's like Allelujah Haptism evolving into an Innovator.
Old 2013-12-09, 23:11   Link #49072
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
The 'Icchan' in my head was had about 25% more muscle mass than his example picture. For some reason, my brain defaults to that... don't know why... ><
Well, if I picture Cecilia or Houki's body as 'normal' I got that image like what you have too

Nonetheless conveying image in words allow viewer to imagine it themselves, this is the point of written media after all.
Old 2013-12-09, 23:15   Link #49073
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Somehow the image of twin black suited Ichan and Ickun can't not leave my mind... And I though one Chifuyu is bad enough.
Old 2013-12-10, 03:00   Link #49074
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

heh heh... had the thought of what would be Chifuyu's reaction if she was called down to a police box because some crazy woman accused Ichika of 'exerting force' on her after she had insulted their family.

~*~

Oh no, I can see her coming... Remember I said that in my head, I thought Chifuyu-nee's theme music was the Terminator? Scratch that - right now, what's playing is 'The Imperial March'. The woman who was accusing me from before with such a smug look now looks like she's already being Force Choked by my sister's approach. Her mouth is opening and closing like a koi fish.

"Y-you really are O-o-orimura I-Ichika?"

"...I told you like 7 times already," I deadpanned. I can't say that I'm not relishing this on some level - that old bat deserves whatever is coming to her. I just hope Chifuyu-nee vents enough on her so I don't get hammered with it.
Old 2013-12-10, 03:26   Link #49075
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Deja Vu! At least this time iss Chifuyu, not Madoka.
Old 2013-12-10, 04:22   Link #49076
Silver-Throne
Big Game
*Author

Has anyone found the English translated rebooted manga version yet?

Please provide me the link. The adaption is just meh
Silver-Throne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-10, 05:13   Link #49077
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunblade23 View Post
Has anyone found the English translated rebooted manga version yet?

Please provide me the link. The adaption is just meh
It's in the mangafox

but for whatever reason my ISP blocked it
Old 2013-12-10, 05:16   Link #49078
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Mine is still normal.

Anyone done with their fic?
Old 2013-12-10, 09:32   Link #49079
Silver-Throne
Big Game
*Author

Quote:
Mine is still normal.

Anyone done with their fic?
Not yet, I`m rewriting the prequel(damn that crafty brain of mine!) since I added another factor It became like a multi crossover. Gonna provide the link of sequel soon and I wont publish it in ff.net, dA exclusive
Silver-Throne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-10, 09:39   Link #49080
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Mind to reveal a bit?

Oh, and why can't I post an Youtube video! I did follow the instruction of the part after "v="!

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest