Notices

Old 2012-01-17, 22:57   Link #281
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Mio likes being nude and Remon spiking the drinks with sweet sake
Old 2012-01-17, 23:05   Link #282
djmaca
My Girl ↓

And Milkytron comes out guns blazing while I was ignoring the hate post.

Well, AFAIK, not many younger fans will appreciate this classic. It's more of an old fans' thing.
djmaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-18, 00:18   Link #283
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaca View Post
And Milkytron comes out guns blazing while I was ignoring the hate post.
Well..... honestly, half of my guns were those joke guns with a flag that pops out with the words " Ha Ha Ha" on them, the other half of my guns are loaded with AP rounds, while I'm in the middle of a showdown. Not sure if I'm properly equipped there
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-18, 00:48   Link #284
elior

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
lol I'm trying my darndest to not get my posts deleted, I've done enough damage to this forum for 8 years (Happy anniversary mangatron!) that I have to be really crafty to the point where only (in)sane people can get what I'm saying without me going off-topic

I think you are being a bit too harsh on this series (okay maybe not a "bit", but a lot). For starters, he invited her on his own accord, under the guise of a night or two. His sister, the oldest of the house, gave the final go ahead. This wasn't as if she just dropped in and said "Hi, I'm the new tenant that just rented a room here" or something "coincidental" like that.

A hint you seemed to have missed: Do you think it was a coincidence she happened to be right there when he blurted out his invitation? I think she was purposely following him to be close in the event his condition started acting up again. I asked myself why did she transfer to the school? Maybe it was to be close to him. Maybe you watched Onegai Teacher, or maybe you didn't, but I do recall it was explained there about this Space agency's policy with interacting with humans. The fact our Mizuho here landed on a human and killed him means she might have a responsibility to care for him.

Here's something to laugh about. What if she blew his brains out, and couldn't reconstruct that? So what we're seeing is a "lame" version of his original self

Ahem back to seriousness, you're wrong about something here: it seems to me all viewers attention is drawn to Lemon-chan Well aside from me anyways, my attention is drawn to something soft, a bit big, and a nice round size to them.... 2x at that

Now see here, it did exist already in Onegai Teacher jokes aside, the unknown nature of Ichika's role in space is a key element to the great unknown. If we knew everything there is about space, why aren't we in Mars already? The same thing with this world, they are largely unaware of what's out there. As a viewer, I feel like I'm in their shoes wondering what's Ichika doing here and is she a real alien? Like..... tentacles and stuff? *runs*
actully we got some info of how ichika land on earth before the opening song so we know a little about her
elior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-18, 01:29   Link #285
octoberasian
Baka Gaijin :P
*IT Support

I learned a new phrase from this show thanks to Kai's sister: "Shinai deshou?" (Right?)

But, the way she asked it when pressing Kai that he won't be doing anything strange to Ichika made me laugh so hard. Yeah, I'm sure nothing strange will happen between the two.

*Looks back to Onegai Teacher...*
Spoiler:
octoberasian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-18, 01:38   Link #286
mangatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by elior View Post
actully we got some info of how ichika land on earth before the opening song so we know a little about her
I know, I did mention earlier that Mizuho(Ichika) was chasing her dreams.

What we don't know is if she snuck out on her own, she certainly was unaware of that space junk . I sure have a suspicion she did something to make herself transfer to the school, it really looked like she originally didn't plan to drop on this particular planet she's on now. We can blame Rinon for that
Old 2012-01-18, 02:35   Link #287
Somnus
Eh?

Watched the first two eps just now. As it's been mentioned throughout this thread, this show SCREAMS Onegai Teacher Remix. Not to mention the episode 3 preview pretty much acknowledges it. No biggie though, I loved Onegai Teacher. As far as character preferences mine pretty much go like this:

Kai >>> Kei (Huge fan of Kei's VA (Kira Yamato), not much of a fan of Kei)

Ichika < Mizuho (They're the same character, so it pretty much comes down to age. I like the older version)

Kanna < Koishi (Again, same character. Herikawa is much better looking, IMO)

Testurou > Hyosuke (He's a bro.)

Mio > Kaede (Mio seems way more fun to watch)

Lemon > Ichigo (I hated the nonsense drama plot Ichigo forced into OT. Doesn't seem like Lemon'll do that)

Will continue to follow, but I will say that I liked the relationship between Kei/Mizuho better than Kai/Ichika at this point in time. Most likely I can't see that changing, simply because Kei & Mizuho's was new to me when I first saw it, and remains as one of the more "unique" relationships in terms of what happens and how they deal with it.
Old 2012-01-18, 02:39   Link #288
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
I think you are being a bit too harsh on this series (okay maybe not a "bit", but a lot). For starters, he invited her on his own accord, under the guise of a night or two. His sister, the oldest of the house, gave the final go ahead. This wasn't as if she just dropped in and said "Hi, I'm the new tenant that just rented a room here" or something "coincidental" like that.
I guess I'm just personally a bit tired of the easy going guardian who just accepts whatever absurd situation is presented to them for some peculiar reason.

Quote:
A hint you seemed to have missed: Do you think it was a coincidence she happened to be right there when he blurted out his invitation? I think she was purposely following him to be close in the event his condition started acting up again. I asked myself why did she transfer to the school? Maybe it was to be close to him. Maybe you watched Onegai Teacher, or maybe you didn't, but I do recall it was explained there about this Space agency's policy with interacting with humans. The fact our Mizuho here landed on a human and killed him means she might have a responsibility to care for him.
Oh believe me I see what's happening on screen, I'm just not amused. Also just have trouble accepting these sorts of lackadaisical guardians. There's fun premises, then there's absurdly stupid ones for me.

Quote:
Here's something to laugh about. What if she blew his brains out, and couldn't reconstruct that? So what we're seeing is a "lame" version of his original self

Ahem back to seriousness, you're wrong about something here: it seems to me all viewers attention is drawn to Lemon-chan Well aside from me anyways, my attention is drawn to something soft, a bit big, and a nice round size to them.... 2x at that
That might be the case , but really I do seem to be on the fringe of opinion in this thread so it's not surprising me that I am caught up in different details.

Quote:
Now see here, it did exist already in Onegai Teacher jokes aside, the unknown nature of Ichika's role in space is a key element to the great unknown. If we knew everything there is about space, why aren't we in Mars already? The same thing with this world, they are largely unaware of what's out there. As a viewer, I feel like I'm in their shoes wondering what's Ichika doing here and is she a real alien? Like..... tentacles and stuff? *runs*
Not my ideal usage of scifi in a show. I really think this premise could have been tweaked in a better way to give a more enjoyable show, but that's just me.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-18, 02:56   Link #289
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
lol I'm trying my darndest to not get my posts deleted, I've done enough damage to this forum for 8 years (Happy anniversary mangatron!) that I have to be really crafty to the point where only (in)sane people can get what I'm saying without me going off-topic
Lol, I know how it feels, though I haven't been on this forum for that long.

Wait what? Your anniversary is my birthday? Huzzah! Please post ecchi pics to celebrate this occasion.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-18, 04:59   Link #290
Akarin

. . . . . . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somnus View Post
Lemon > Ichigo (I hated the nonsense drama plot Ichigo forced into OT. Doesn't seem like Lemon'll do that)
Lemon = Ichigo. I'd be happy if the entire series is just Lemon trolling everyone.
Akarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-18, 07:36   Link #291
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost My Music View Post
I'd be happy if the entire series is just Lemon trolling everyone.
Second this.
Old 2012-01-18, 08:22   Link #292
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
I know, I did mention earlier that Mizuho(Ichika) was chasing her dreams.
Literally she is looking all around the universe about a place she dreamed of

By the way, was it the lake from Sensnei/Twins Is Ichika Kei/Mizuho's child?

Quote:
Kai >>> Kei (Huge fan of Kei's VA (Kira Yamato), not much of a fan of Kei)
Kaito has hardly anything distinctive personality-wise to show (in the first 2 episodes).

Quote:
Ichika < Mizuho (They're the same character, so it pretty much comes down to age. I like the older version)
Quote:
Kanna < Koishi (Again, same character. Herikawa is much better looking, IMO)
Agreed

Quote:
Testurou > Hyosuke (He's a bro.)
That's Because Tetsurou incorporates elements from all the male cast of Sensei, not just Hyousuke, but also Masami and Minoru

Quote:
Mio > Kaede (Mio seems way more fun to watch)
But Kaede was bolder, a rare trait for girls in non-H anime

Quote:
Nonsense drama, OK I will agree that the script rellied on the MC's immaturity and idiocy, but I forgave it because it was the excuse for Kei's masterfully executed dream-nightmare-world

Quote:
Lemon = Ichigo. I'd be happy if the entire series is just Lemon trolling everyone.
Well, given their characters, how could anyone resist trolling them
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-18, 09:51   Link #293
djmaca
My Girl ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Literally she is looking all around the universe about a place she dreamed of

By the way, was it the lake from Sensei/Twins Is Ichika Kei/Mizuho's child?
1. Might be.

2. Nobody knows. Most likely not. Related with Mizuho, but not as a daughter.
djmaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-18, 10:08   Link #294
warita
Dai-Youkai

Now if they were related, that would add a nice twist to the anime and explain all the similarities. I do hope this anime will go down the route.
warita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-18, 10:08   Link #295
mangatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
I guess I'm just personally a bit tired of the easy going guardian who just accepts whatever absurd situation is presented to them for some peculiar reason.
Well a lot of things piled up before her decision. She was about to head off far away for a lengthy period of time, she's a bit worried about Kaito handling himself, her decision wasn't reached until that topic about parent's came up, and that flipped her understanding switch.

It does show she's got a screw loose somewhere though She asks Kanna if she wants to stay in the house (I guess Oneechan-san didn't care afterwards because Kanna protested), and she indirectly tells Kaito not to do anything to Ichika, and yet she gives Ichika some really nice pajama's to wear. HOW CAN I DEFEND AGAINST BABYDOLL MIZUHO

Quote:
Oh believe me I see what's happening on screen, I'm just not amused. Also just have trouble accepting these sorts of lackadaisical guardians. There's fun premises, then there's absurdly stupid ones for me.
Here's another one: in Highschool DxD, they conveniently had the parents fully accepting of why a girl was found in their son's room naked Sure it's part of the plot, but I felt it was too easy :/

Quote:
That might be the case , but really I do seem to be on the fringe of opinion in this thread so it's not surprising me that I am caught up in different details.
Not my ideal usage of scifi in a show. I really think this premise could have been tweaked in a better way to give a more enjoyable show, but that's just me.
Well it's okay to have differing opinions now and then. You might have noticed I tried to take a light-hearted approach to your comments, not to start a debate but work out two different views of how this show appears to viewers.

If you do decide to postpone viewing this series, at least drop by now and then to see how discussions go, it's kinda quiet here with 3 starring actors, me, Malky and the DJei, with guest stars like serenade, TheEroKonig, LostMyTunes, and more. So if you see discussion that doesn't have to do with boobies or naked girls, then that must mean something's moving forward with the story. But then again, knowing Malky, we both might push the boundary too far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
Wait what? Your anniversary is my birthday? Huzzah! Please post ecchi pics to celebrate this occasion.
Ah, it's your birthday? Well happy b-day

Now where's those ecchi pics....

Quote:
I love how this troll girl is the writer of their movie script. How funny it would be if she wrote one giant troll movie in the end (hey, maybe she'll write the ending of who ends up with who )

btw love that drunk Mio avatar
Quote:
Am I the only one who's going after Ichika? Don't get me wrong, I was all over Mizuho back in the day (Can you see her? Parent post of figures(slightly nsfw)), but.... here, she's younger.... more ripe.... *runs*

Now I'm not trying to activate the lolitron on her Oh uhm, yeah, what i wanted to ask. You guys know how Mizuho has that nice skintight bodysuit? Where's Ichika's? I must see bodysuit Ichika, like more of it!!!!
Old 2012-01-18, 10:23   Link #296
Solafighter
Hige

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
By the way, was it the lake from Sensnei/Twins Is Ichika Kei/Mizuho's child?
I think, if they would be close related, then it would be Mizuho's mother(with red hair).

If im not mistaken, Onegai Teacher/Twins is in the 2020 or so. Looking at the camera of Kaito, it would be some years before. But cant tell that from the camera alone. Some people like to film with very old cameras.

Certainly enjoyed the 2nd episode. The place, Ichika was talking about (mountain with lake), i wonder if she is actually talking about Kizaki-ko(scenery of Onegai Teacher/Twins). Maybe, some hints there are also product placment. Making some hidden promotion to support Kizaki-ko.

Either way, cant wait for the next episode. Loving this series already. I can fully feel the the atomosphere, that this was made by the makers of Onegai Teacher/Twins.
Old 2012-01-18, 11:25   Link #297
EroKing

Quote:
If you do decide to postpone viewing this series, at least drop by now and then to see how discussions go, it's kinda quiet here with 3 starring actors, me, Malky and the DJei, with guest stars like serenade, TheEroKonig, LostMyTunes, and more. So if you see discussion that doesn't have to do with boobies or naked girls, then that must mean something's moving forward with the story.
What the? I'm not here just for the girls and ecchi!

Spoiler for Serious discussion:

[troll]

[/troll]

*EroKing runs like the wind*
Old 2012-01-18, 11:29   Link #298
Malkuth
Banned

^ I am here for the troll
Old 2012-01-18, 12:43   Link #299
Rakshasa

Quote:
Well a lot of things piled up before her decision. She was about to head off far away for a lengthy period of time, she's a bit worried about Kaito handling himself, her decision wasn't reached until that topic about parent's came up, and that flipped her understanding switch.

It does show she's got a screw loose somewhere though She asks Kanna if she wants to stay in the house (I guess Oneechan-san didn't care afterwards because Kanna protested), and she indirectly tells Kaito not to do anything to Ichika, and yet she gives Ichika some really nice pajama's to wear. HOW CAN I DEFEND AGAINST BABYDOLL MIZUHO
There's something very... natural... about how the people in this series act.

A puritan style of shock and horror at male / female interaction is not normal, and anime tends to push that to the extreme. The flip was less about accepting that Kaito would handle himself or sympathy for Ichika, and more towards realizing that there was possibly something going on between them and she shouldn't interfere.

Somehow this anime manages to keep the anime story style yet stay real.
Old 2012-01-18, 12:49   Link #300
Malkuth
Banned

Despite its juvenility, Onegai always packed a punch for vocal puritans that need an ice age to consider people properly dressed

Tags
romantic comedy, shounen