AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

Old 2014-01-06, 22:35   Link #2181
larethian

It's impossible to make it 26 episodes unless they pad it like crazy. Even 12 episodes may be too much.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-06, 22:42   Link #2182
lightbringer
M9000

GGO alone can easily last 10 and probably more like 12-13, the rest is for the other stuff (sans UW). Since SAO was popular they will want to cash in, but even if it only lasts for 1 cour it's all good if they do justice to GGO
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-08, 22:44   Link #2183
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
It's impossible to make it 26 episodes unless they pad it like crazy. Even 12 episodes may be too much.
Not necessarily. Outside of GGO and MR there are other stories they could do like they could go back and do the jotenheim story that they skipped in alo before doing calibur. Maybe they could pad it a bit by going back and doing some of the Progressive stories or any of the other short stories that have yet to find their way into a volume.
Old 2014-01-10, 20:32   Link #2184
M.A.D

I would love to have another 2-cour season, too! But there really not be enough material for the second cour. At best, they can add the chapter Caliber, but that's it.

"If thou find thy neighbor trying to touch thy loli, thine right for crotch related violence is justified. Thou dost unleash upon those foolish lot thy righteous fury.

If in which the unlucky knaves miss death's sweet release, upon the males, a change of fate shall befall them. For they shall become "man-woman", harbingers of doom & fashionable clothing tastes."

--From the Book of Haulia
M.A.D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-01, 01:09   Link #2185
Insertnamehere

Hey I'm new to this creepy computer forums thing but I thought of some good ideas that could of made the end of the first part of sword art much better and I really want someone to hear me out.personally I think the first part of sword art was rushed at the end wich is why the author or director stopped near but not to close to the hundredth floor. This is basically how I think it would've gone if the series hadn't have been " rushed". Ok so the last raid they did in sword art was the hardest battle of them all. Nearly all the most skilled players are dead and you just have the best that survived. Kirito and the others realize it is hopeless to complete the other levels.now I don't think they would give up considering they are all on a time limit on how long the hospitals will keep them so they probally just take a really long break and try to get more members ect. But think about this for a second.what has the outside world been doing to try and help them? We're they just standing there watching them die or....were they training people to go into sword art to help beat the game. Now my theory is that sword art online was originally intended to be a worldwide game but it released in japan first and fortunately didn't affect the other countries.that would explain why the name of the game is also in English.My theory is that the japanese goverment recruited the most hardcore virtual reality gamers and trained them to beat the floors if the players couldn't.now I know what your thinking.if they went into the game they would start out as Lv.1 and therefore would be way to low level to beat the bosses.But you have to remember the reason why Kirito was able to level up so fast was not only did he know all the major Xp locations but he also was very skilled giving him added xp on top of the do drops. Now imagine major guild members who have been trained for 3 years on how to complete the game and how to get more cp faster not to mention they probally 10 times better than Kirito to begin with.if it took Kirito 3 years to get to Lv 100 I bet you these guys can do it in 3-6 months.i feel that this would've been better because your adding new elements to the story and giving Kirito and the others a chance to beat the game.also you could've extended it another good season with Kirito having rivalries with the others and such and then you would have more comedic elements added when you have like 40 new guys from different countries. Idk but I thought this would be a good idea and you have my most sincerest apologize if this was off task or if they're any mistakes in this writing.thank you for listening .
Insertnamehere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-01, 07:13   Link #2186
AP24

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.A.D View Post
I would love to have another 2-cour season, too! But there really not be enough material for the second cour. At best, they can add the chapter Caliber, but that's it.
They could also add the first half of volume 9 which can be 3 episodes long. The second season might end with Kirito just arriving in UW, but that would make it a cliffhanger. It's probably necessary since Alicization is very long, so they should put the early parts of it at the end of season 2. Season 3 can then cover up to and end at Eugeo's death which might occur in vol 14. Season 4 can then cover the rest of Alicization.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-04, 18:07   Link #2187
c933103
FTNR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insertnamehere View Post
Hey I'm new to this creepy computer forums thing but I thought of some good ideas that could of made the end of the first part of sword art much better and I really want someone to hear me out.personally I think the first part of sword art was rushed at the end wich is why the author or director stopped near but not to close to the hundredth floor. This is basically how I think it would've gone if the series hadn't have been " rushed". Ok so the last raid they did in sword art was the hardest battle of them all. Nearly all the most skilled players are dead and you just have the best that survived. Kirito and the others realize it is hopeless to complete the other levels.now I don't think they would give up considering they are all on a time limit on how long the hospitals will keep them so they probally just take a really long break and try to get more members ect. But think about this for a second.what has the outside world been doing to try and help them? We're they just standing there watching them die or....were they training people to go into sword art to help beat the game. Now my theory is that sword art online was originally intended to be a worldwide game but it released in japan first and fortunately didn't affect the other countries.that would explain why the name of the game is also in English.My theory is that the japanese goverment recruited the most hardcore virtual reality gamers and trained them to beat the floors if the players couldn't.now I know what your thinking.if they went into the game they would start out as Lv.1 and therefore would be way to low level to beat the bosses.But you have to remember the reason why Kirito was able to level up so fast was not only did he know all the major Xp locations but he also was very skilled giving him added xp on top of the do drops. Now imagine major guild members who have been trained for 3 years on how to complete the game and how to get more cp faster not to mention they probally 10 times better than Kirito to begin with.if it took Kirito 3 years to get to Lv 100 I bet you these guys can do it in 3-6 months.i feel that this would've been better because your adding new elements to the story and giving Kirito and the others a chance to beat the game.also you could've extended it another good season with Kirito having rivalries with the others and such and then you would have more comedic elements added when you have like 40 new guys from different countries. Idk but I thought this would be a good idea and you have my most sincerest apologize if this was off task or if they're any mistakes in this writing.thank you for listening .
1. Many, or probably most, japanese game name are in English or other Indo-european languges.
2. to see characters advanced until 100th floor, play the PSP/PSVita game adaption and you'll get the reach-to-100 'if' story arc.
3. floors being cleared don't have many spots left for people to gain EXP.
4. don't you think sending people from different countries in would generate a huge communication barrier..? plus it can be counted as japan internal affair and Japanese people hate others get their hand on what happen within their country, just like the 311 earthquake and nuclear incident.
5. The series is originally a novel, and originally intended to be 1-book long, start from 74th floor and end at 74th floor.
6. If you don't want any skip, probably you can read the "Sword Art Online Progressive" version of the novel which is currently releasing in Japanese in a speed of around 1 floor per year,. so hopefully you can read character's adventure without break after 3/4 century, if you can read japanese by that time.
7. this thread is actually for those who had read novel to prevent potential spoiler to those who hadn't read the novel.
8. try to use line breaks and etc. to improve readability of text.
9. what had happened on 75th Floor isn't really the worse, at least a bit better than what happened on the 25th Floor.
10. the game is setup in the way that there's no possible way to communicate with outside world so they don't know what happened outside actually so they wont work as according to outside.
11. sending people into SAO would mean sending people to die.
12. there're just 10000 copies of SAO client software and it's unknown of whether they're compatible with AmuSphere. If you are treating the PSP plot seriously then the answer would be probably not.
13. outside help had been banned or else all player's mind would be terminated.
c933103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-07, 15:14   Link #2188
siGil

i'm looking forward to the progressive series. but that release speed means most of us would be dead before they get to the 70s...
siGil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-08, 00:46   Link #2189
Rageth
Certified Degenerate

Spoiler:

So then, previews of Character designs are out.
What we can infer from these are this.

Behemoth's scene with Sinon is still in, seeing as we have his design.
We have designs for Dyne, and his comrades, who Sinon regularly parties with.
Luckily, the promotional art we got earlier isn't accurate, and Kirito looks more like a girl (though, some might hate this, but this is kinda an important point...)

Yamikaze looks weird as fuck.

And yes, I know every topic has this already, but this one is the one we're supposed to be able to use to discuss spoilers xP

Last edited by Rageth; 2014-02-08 at 00:48. Reason: Spoiler error
Rageth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-15, 14:26   Link #2190
Meltyred

Seems like each rendition of GGO Kirito just makes him look more girlish... ugh.
Oh well at least it looks good.
Though I kinda feel GGO wasn't as enjoyable, guess this would mean I can start hoping for Alicilization being animated, which would be awesome.
Wonder how much budget will be used up on cutting bullets though.
Meltyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-15, 14:32   Link #2191
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meltyred View Post
Seems like each rendition of GGO Kirito just makes him look more girlish... ugh.
Though I kinda feel GGO wasn't as enjoyable, guess this would mean I can start hoping for Alicilization being animated, which would be awesome.
In this case there is actually a reason for his excessive girlish looks. lol
Old 2014-02-20, 19:11   Link #2192
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meltyred View Post
GGO was my favorite early one. I much prefer it to the first season's story...
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-13, 18:59   Link #2193
Nomdrac8
Grandmaster of Knowledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
GGO was my favorite early one. I much prefer it to the first season's story...
Ditto. The story was constantly fast paced and it introduced my favorite character.(Who I consider one of the most well characterized person up to that point)
Old 2014-05-01, 09:54   Link #2194
gensouR-1

Now that there's Mother's Rosario and Caliber Manga announced and also Yuuki being in Hollow Fragment,i guess these 2 will be in S2.if they want to make it 26 episodes they could add the beginning of Alicization but that will be a huge trolling and mind screw towards the ones that only watched the anime or the Tonkii part that was skipped in S1 as a flashback in Caliber but that will just extend Caliber by 1 episode if they don't cut parts of it or they could add filler which i seriously don't want A-1 to do.

Waiting for Sita pickup

No matter what choice they make,humans will find a reason to regret,so in other words,there is no choice without regret,what's important is your heart's true feelings
gensouR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-26, 15:15   Link #2195
Netto Azure
→ Wandering Bard

Kawahara seems to like putting these types of characters in each arc.

I think it was only Mother's Rosario and Caliber that didn't have someone like him. XD

PokeCommuninity | Bulbagarden | Tumblr | MAL
Netto Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-27, 16:54   Link #2196
Rageth
Certified Degenerate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netto Azure View Post
I think it was only Mother's Rosario and Caliber that didn't have someone like him. XD
Well, Mother's Rosario is more like a "mini-arc", and Caliber is a side-story, haha.
Rageth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-02, 03:42   Link #2197
Netto Azure
→ Wandering Bard

Well I think we have confirmation that its 2 cours. So I guess we'll be getting Mothers Rosario, Caliber SS and part of Alicization?

Thats quite a lot of story to throw at viewers.

Old 2014-07-03, 11:19   Link #2198
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netto Azure View Post
Well I think we have confirmation that its 2 cours. So I guess we'll be getting Mothers Rosario, Caliber SS and part of Alicization?

Thats quite a lot of story to throw at viewers.
I doubt it would get into alicization. GGO, MR, and Caliber are sure to be in. Maybe they will do an episode on the part they missed in ALO where they were realized where Excalibur on their way to the world tree is as kind of a flashback/ storytelling before they go into calibur. Maybe some progressive stories to fill in. It makes no sense to get into Alicization if they are only going to start and not finish it.
Old 2014-07-03, 14:35   Link #2199
Netto Azure
→ Wandering Bard

True. It would be too much of a tease to do so. Heh. Second cour is going to be quite a mash up of stories like first cour was last time hehe.

Old 2014-07-03, 16:44   Link #2200
Bambi

I would like to see Prologue II and Interlude I of Alicization Beginning animated as part of last episode. Only to see half of fans having heart attack after such cliffhanger