AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-04-25, 22:13   Link #81
FuzzyWuzzy

Actually, I always need to be in the defensive. I can't or shouldn't get rid of that phobia. For some reason, I attract gay guys all the time. Gay men in USA are ok since they are sophisticated, style and they have pride but gay men from my race are horrible. I blame the tv shows in my home country which makes gay men in my country horrible. Gay men in my country are aggressive, no shame, loud and wild. They like it like that too.

When I go to a party and a gay guy from my race has an eye for me. Geeze yo. He would be clinging to me, hugging me, following me around, and would create scenes and excuses to touch me. I would just say "stop it", "just chill" and push them away but they won't listen. Gay guys in my country do not like or want to be with gay men. They like straight guys for some reason. They will be trying to give me money too and trying to seduce me by saying they would blah blah blah. I swear, being good looking is a curse sometimes.
FuzzyWuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-27, 03:42   Link #82
gknight
shounen ai

Send a message via ICQ to gknight Send a message via MSN to gknight
Quote:
Originally Posted by anime_cat View Post
You say you are a little homophobic but seem to want to move past that if I am reading your post right. I would suggest that the best cure for any phobia is to confront it. Read more of it and watch more of it to understand it. If you can understand a thing, you can defeat a phobia. Also Akira is below drinking age...but likely of legal age otherwise. Its much less questionable than Kodomo no Jikan thats for sure.
loved your post, but i think by "the kid" he meant Haruka-sama (from the arcade) and not akira. :]
gknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-27, 10:05   Link #83
NoOneKnowS
Who am I?

While I hate BL. It'll probably let it pass this time since I'm quite enjoying the series. It's really funny. This and Nabari no Ou. Though Nabari is more on the bad-ass; character development side. I'm watching this pretty much for the action+comedy side.
NoOneKnowS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-27, 11:12   Link #84
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

okb4 anything else is this shounen ai???
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-27, 11:18   Link #85
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

i like this series but the only thing that bothers me is Akira's voice,who is voiced by Daisuke Ono seem to be a bit too mature for his age.I just can't shake that off.And the humour scene that happens during the battle seem out of place.it's not funny to me
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-27, 11:51   Link #86
Saleh
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by technomo12 View Post
Yes, it is shounen ai/bishounen series (Atleast it is till episode 3).
Old 2008-05-02, 10:53   Link #87
LKK

When I first heard about Monochrome Factor, I think it was going to be a fairly straightforward action adventure / fighting series. Now I think it's a comedy disguised as an action adventure series. The comedy is what I look forward to more and more with each episode. In many ways, the series reminds me of Get Backers. Not in plot or characters, of course. But in how the scenes turn in chibi comic in an instant.

Ep 4. I liked how Shirogane reminded the others that the senpai would not have been susceptible to possession if there wasn't already some darkness in his heart. It was his habit of looking down on others that didn't meet his standards that allowed the shadow creature to enter his heart. Aya had better be careful. She suffers from some of that same dark trait that senpai has.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-02, 14:10   Link #88
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Someone please reassure me that Suzuno will do more than yell and scream and dish discipline through the whole series. First episode was kind of funny when she did but not its just starting to irritate me
Old 2008-05-03, 04:12   Link #89
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

This series is turning rather.... BLEACHY.

Not that it's bad because I actually find it more fun than Bleach's earlier eps at the moment.

It seems a lot of the characters Akira comes in casual contact with starts seeing the other world, especially after getting attacked by the demons.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-03, 07:36   Link #90
Saleh
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Someone please reassure me that Suzuno will do more than yell and scream and dish discipline through the whole series. First episode was kind of funny when she did but not its just starting to irritate me
Suzuno starts doing more than that after episode 3 but her habits probably won't change.
Old 2008-05-03, 21:25   Link #91
Xannieh

I finally caught all the way up through the 4 episodes and I'm truly enjoying it. I wasn't sure after episode 1 but it's a lot of fun it seems. Even with the Hate-on I'm getting for Aya... I'm just like shut up already.... I love the other characters though so it balances out I guess.
Xannieh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-07, 17:35   Link #92
yupyupyup

Is this a gay show? I just watch the first ep, but it's kinda ugly (red-lip shadow dude, kissing scene...)
yupyupyup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-15, 20:35   Link #93
desi09
Sono un cattivo perdente.

Episode 5 was made of pure win!
Spoiler for episode 5:
desi09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-16, 13:31   Link #94
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by yupyupyup View Post
Is this a gay show? I just watch the first ep, but it's kinda ugly (red-lip shadow dude, kissing scene...)
I think it sorta relies on gay jokes.. not being gay itself. It watches like Naruto kissing scenes, so there.
Old 2008-05-17, 10:56   Link #95
zalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by technomo12 View Post
No, it isn't. The manga this is based on is a shounen series. The shounen ai-like comedy moments were added to this. So you can say it's sort of filler material. If you notice there is less of it as the series progresses. Don't know if the script writers will add more BL comedy to it, but I have a feeling they won't anymore at this point.
Old 2008-05-26, 04:58   Link #96
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Where's the love?

I caught up with this title and it's funny. Sure there's the BL jokes but it really doesn't go that far as episode 1 kiss. Shirogane is toned down after episode 3 so far.

The new goth lolita character was interesting as she taunted Aya.

Kengo gets props for beating up Akira. For those keeping count Akira is developing a huge harem consisting of guys, and spirits of both genders.
Old 2008-06-23, 06:10   Link #97
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Oh God. The latest few episodes had me up in stitches because they were so funny. Haven't seen much funnier episodes since a few Druaga eps. I never expected a full blown comedy from Monochrome Factor, though I seem to be saying that a lot.
Old 2008-06-25, 04:59   Link #98
Dop
Mmmm....

Episode 7 with its reverse trap was good, but episode eight's crimes against Shakespeare was one of the funniest things.
It's really the comedy aspect of this show that keeps me watching.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-12, 04:39   Link #99
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

This series could have been good,but i have a few issues with it:

1)Character personality.None of these characters intrigued me in any way,all of them are freaking BORING to watch.Their characters are too straightforward and generic.None of them hold any dark secrets(maybe shirogane has dark secrets,but i am telling you his character is being wasted away atm).There is not much character development,and i all of them annoyed me.

i)Akira - his anti-hero character didn't manage to win me over.I am a big fan of such heroes,but i find him rather meh.Not even his "cool" words when "consoling" the ppl who was possesed by shadow monster.

ii)Kengo - Does he enjoy being a dog?Does he?The answer is YES.I know the part with him acting like a dog was intended to be funny,but i felt it has gone "overboard".I started feeling annoyed with him.He no longer serve his purpose as comedic relief.All he wants all the time is " i want to be with Akira!" What is he?A baby yearning for his mother?Seriously,Shirogane should consider him a rival.

iii)Aya - *yawns* Is she the reincarnation of Justice Bao?Her speech about justice and blah blah blah is really boring.She doesn't serve much purpose there other than as Akira's comrade.

iv)Shirogane - Man,this dude could be an intriguing character,but i feel his character is wasted.All he did up to this point was fighting along with Akira,offering a few not-so-useful advices and flirting with Akira.Very little has been revealed about him,other than he is from royalty.I am a big fan of shounen-ai/yaoi,but i dislike it when the relationship seem to go nowhere.But i have to admit,his voice is sexy.

v)The baddies - Really,can't they do more than appearing and causing chaos?I never liked villains who are originally villains,or villains who acted like villains.I prefer villains with twisted personality,and these guys here are so dull in their roles.I really hope more will be revealed about the villains,like a sad past or something that made them become baddies,not just your usual "destroy and causing chaos" mission.

vi) Minor characters - These characters in the episodic episode of monochrome factor didn't have much to offer as well.It was so freaking predictable.And most of them ended happily(i am not trying to sound like a sadist here but hey,a few tragic deaths here and there won't hurt.It would give the episodes more impact)

The episodes are too episodic.i understand the show still has a long way to go,but if it keep going at such pace,i will have to stop watching it
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-12, 12:24   Link #100
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Well, it basically is a shonen title with a pretty spontaneous sense of humor. I think the show wouldn't be as half as interesting if it wasn't. I do like Akira a bit though. He's basically what Kurosaki Ichigo should have been in Bleach. Ichigo basically lost almost all of his cynical wit after the first few arcs.