Notices

Old 2011-04-04, 11:57   Link #821
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moczo View Post
Pretty much, yes. I'm simply not as big a fan of 'grim' as Nasu. I like to lighten things up.
And I'm the one who fills in for the grim stuff while you try to make everything light.
Old 2011-04-04, 12:02   Link #822
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
And I'm the one who fills in for the grim stuff while you try to make everything light.
Speaking of, should we expect an update of Into the Rain this century or next?
Old 2011-04-05, 21:58   Link #823
GlancingReverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
Speaking of, should we expect an update of Into the Rain this century or next?
You're so optimistic.
GlancingReverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-05, 21:59   Link #824
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Oh, you people.
Old 2011-04-05, 22:16   Link #825
Moczo
"Hey, Isaac?"
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Moczo
Quote:
Oh, you people.
We tease because we like you and we hope for an update.

But that said, take your time and do the story right when you have the time and inspiration. No sense rushing anything.
Old 2011-04-08, 21:18   Link #826
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

And short time! Because my bunnies cooperate just fine when I feel like doing a one-shot, but head for the hills when I try to focus on chapter fics.

Spoiler for Mind of Steel:

Of all the bad endings you can get in Heaven's Feel, I've always found the Mind of Steel end by far the most fascinating, especially from Rin's perspective. Her actions in that end are true to her magus nature, but completely go against her natural personality. Sadly, since the story is told from Shirou's POV, we only get some brief mentioning of what Rin could become after this point, and I liked the thought of delving into her mind at that moment when she goes to kill Sakura.
Old 2011-04-08, 21:21   Link #827
Moczo
"Hey, Isaac?"
*Author

Quote:
And short time! Because my bunnies cooperate just fine when I feel like doing a one-shot, but head for the hills when I try to focus on chapter fics.

Of all the bad endings you can get in Heaven's Feel, I've always found the Mind of Steel end by far the most fascinating, especially from Rin's perspective. Her actions in that end are true to her magus nature, but completely go against her natural personality. Sadly, since the story is told from Shirou's POV, we only get some brief mentioning of what Rin could become after this point, and I liked the thought of delving into her mind at that moment when she goes to kill Sakura.
... ... ... I'm trying to think of a comment more eloquent and helpful than 'Gah, my soul, you hurt my soul'. I can't.

Well done, as usual. Gaaaah.
Old 2011-04-08, 23:36   Link #828
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:

Hmm... it's been a while since I last played Heaven's Feel route, but didn't Shirou tried to kill Sakura once in her sleep and got killed by Rider and/or the Shadow? Is there a reason that didn't happen here?
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-08, 23:42   Link #829
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
Hmm... it's been a while since I last played Heaven's Feel route, but didn't Shirou tried to kill Sakura once in her sleep and got killed by Rider and/or the Shadow? Is there a reason that didn't happen here?
Honestly, your guess is as good as mine. In the MoS ending, it's stated/implied that Rin killed Sakura without a problem from Rider or the shadow, so I don't know exactly how she managed it when Shirou tries to do the same thing later in the game if you don't get MoS and is killed by Rider for it. I suppose it depends on what the plot demands at that moment.
Old 2011-04-09, 21:17   Link #830
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
Honestly, your guess is as good as mine. In the MoS ending, it's stated/implied that Rin killed Sakura without a problem from Rider or the shadow, so I don't know exactly how she managed it when Shirou tries to do the same thing later in the game if you don't get MoS and is killed by Rider for it. I suppose it depends on what the plot demands at that moment.
Rider isn't there, it's as simple as that (if she were, Archer would have noticed). Presumably, after she tried to eat the entire school, Shirou and Rin weren't in the mood to trust her, and Rider couldn't afford to risk fighting them whilst Sakura was led there potentially dying.

But, anyway, God that's depressing. Well-written, but depressing....
Cherry_Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-10, 13:24   Link #831
Altima of the Gates
Casting a spell on you...
*Graphic Designer

Location: Where there are no mallets or tentacles.... and the female cast of Tenjou Tenge is mine, all mine!
Send a message via AIM to Altima of the Gates Send a message via MSN to Altima of the Gates Send a message via Yahoo to Altima of the Gates
Quote:

It's interesting from a literary perspective most definitely. But I can see why Nasu didn't do it that way, the route would just be unbearable (for some, maybe some enjoyment from other people) to watch, at least for me. I know I'd struggle not to have to get into the market for a new monitor at that point. The thing I guess most people find so fascinating with the "Superhero" (odd that people always call it Mind of Steel now) ending is that it is cut short. And of course of all the feelings most people have when getting to that ending, some would rather it follow through.

Mercifully though, I thank Nasu for not going that route.
Altima of the Gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-10, 13:29   Link #832
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Heh. I'd like to see that kind of route since an actual road to perdition route would be sorta interesting...
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-10, 13:31   Link #833
Altima of the Gates
Casting a spell on you...
*Graphic Designer

Location: Where there are no mallets or tentacles.... and the female cast of Tenjou Tenge is mine, all mine!
Send a message via AIM to Altima of the Gates Send a message via MSN to Altima of the Gates Send a message via Yahoo to Altima of the Gates
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Heh. I'd like to see that kind of route since an actual road to perdition route would be kinda interesting...
*shrug* Different strokes I guess. Curiosity has been one of man's greatest wonders and follies.

Quote:
I suppose it depends on what the plot demands at that moment.
Pretty much this. She was able to survive getting Gate of Bably'owned three times and decapitated. A knife really shouldn't do much. Neither Zouken nor AM could afford for her to die at the moment, so she shouldn't. If it did happen, what I'd say is that Sakura's soul would disperse (and honestly, in this situation, I'd find that a better recourse than staying in that world) and the body would Zouken's/AM's. And then they'd be screwed.
Altima of the Gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-10, 18:50   Link #834
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altima of the Gates View Post
It's interesting from a literary perspective most definitely. But I can see why Nasu didn't do it that way, the route would just be unbearable (for some, maybe some enjoyment from other people) to watch, at least for me. I know I'd struggle not to have to get into the market for a new monitor at that point. The thing I guess most people find so fascinating with the "Superhero" (odd that people always call it Mind of Steel now) ending is that it is cut short. And of course of all the feelings most people have when getting to that ending, some would rather it follow through.

Mercifully though, I thank Nasu for not going that route.
Honestly, I would find a Mind of Steel fic hopelessly boring if it was focused on Shirou. I would find it much more interesting to see that kind of scenario explored from Rin's perspective, especially since of the main cast at this point, she would be by far the worst off.
Old 2011-04-10, 20:51   Link #835
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
Honestly, I would find a Mind of Steel fic hopelessly boring if it was focused on Shirou.
Well, yeah, because he can't actually do much. His only way of winning is to hide away and snipe enemies when he gets the chance. The idea of him following in his father's footsteps and winning the Grail War single-handed might sound heroic, but his father was no hero. He was a purely pragmatic man who did whatever it took to win, regardless of the cost to others. Shirou taking up his mantle means a lot of sitting around waiting and then a few surprise master assassinations when they're not paying attention (or, alternately (and much preferably), an early meeting with a very angry Rider followed immediately by a painful lesson on the effects of having long, thick metal nails shoved up one's anus...).

Quote:
I would find it much more interesting to see that kind of scenario explored from Rin's perspective, especially since of the main cast at this point, she would be by far the worst off.
Well, I'd find it interesting in a "Berserker raping her to death after Archer deserts her for trying to order him to kill Ilya would be very cathargic" sense, but otherwise I would have no interest in a fic which followed that bitch's attempts to win the Grail for her own damn benefit after murdering her sister. (In case you can't tell, I don't like MoS Rin much...).
Old 2011-04-10, 21:11   Link #836
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry_Lover View Post
Well, yeah, because he can't actually do much. His only way of winning is to hide away and snipe enemies when he gets the chance. The idea of him following in his father's footsteps and winning the Grail War single-handed might sound heroic, but his father was no hero. He was a purely pragmatic man who did whatever it took to win, regardless of the cost to others. Shirou taking up his mantle means a lot of sitting around waiting and then a few surprise master assassinations when they're not paying attention (or, alternately (and much preferably), an early meeting with a very angry Rider followed immediately by a painful lesson on the effects of having long, thick metal nails shoved up one's anus...).

Well, I'd find it interesting in a "Berserker raping her to death after Archer deserts her for trying to order him to kill Ilya would be very cathargic" sense, but otherwise I would have no interest in a fic which followed that bitch's attempts to win the Grail for her own damn benefit after murdering her sister. (In case you can't tell, I don't like MoS Rin much...).
*shoves MoS!Rin story plans out of sight* Never mind those, then.
Old 2011-04-10, 23:48   Link #837
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
*shoves MoS!Rin story plans out of sight* Never mind those, then.
Well, you can hardly expect me to like the version of Rin who murdered my favourite character in cold blood because of some retarded "true magus" ideal....

I think Altima summed it up pretty well, actually, and honestly I think I hate MoS Rin even more than MoS Shirou (although, the Geas Rin is even worse still...).
Old 2011-04-10, 23:51   Link #838
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Eh, to be honest, my version wouldn't be so much MoS!Rin as it would be a Rin who went through events similar to MoS!Rin, and was given a chance to go back and try everything again to prevent her future from happening; kind of like Archer, in a way.

But then again, I just find MoS as a whole fascinating. The thought of how all of the characters would break is something that appeals to me.
Old 2011-04-11, 02:57   Link #839
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
Eh, to be honest, my version wouldn't be so much MoS!Rin as it would be a Rin who went through events similar to MoS!Rin, and was given a chance to go back and try everything again to prevent her future from happening; kind of like Archer, in a way.
Well, that I don't really mind, since I would assume that she would have suffered a hell of a lot as a result of that decision, and would make every effort to make amends (which I would assume would mean saving Sakura)

Quote:
But then again, I just find MoS as a whole fascinating. The thought of how all of the characters would break is something that appeals to me.
Well, yes, I agree, actually. I particularly like the thought of how Rin would break after being horribly tortured by Ilya
Old 2011-04-11, 07:47   Link #840
Moczo
"Hey, Isaac?"
*Author

Quote:

... ... ... .... ... you'd derive far too much joy from breaking these poor people.

Tags
character, discussion, fanfiction