AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-04-08, 21:25   Link #7661
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judoh View Post
I would classify Sakutarou as a "furry" not a "shota". Although it can be both.
Sakutarou is not a furry. A furry is an anthropomorphic animal which retains more animal-like features than human ones. (Fur/snouts/claws/horns/senses etc.) xD;

While it is common in anime for characters who were originally animals who turn human to retain some factors (usually only the ears and/or tail), they usually lose all their fur and turns to skin and thus can't be called "furries".

Sakutarou's "magical" form is a lot more human in apparance. Only animal factor of him is his ears. If he was a furry he'd look more like this.

While shota is one of the proper things to call him, I dunno what else would work. Cat-boy maybe? I dunno. He techniclly wasn't actually an animal in the first place so...

Quote:
I mean really why would you want one?
I agree 100%.
Old 2010-04-08, 21:30   Link #7662
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

Pretty much every animal-girl in Umineko is on the "safe" end of the furry continuum. The closest you'd get are the goats, actually. Well, that one goat had a sister, so I guess that counts...
Old 2010-04-09, 03:00   Link #7663
KoiYuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Ayane~ View Post
as you see most of the genres Umineko fall into, if you think its directed generally to man, you are wrong. -_- boobz and stakes asses are directed for male audience but not the whole thing -_-

why there arent so much male dakimuras ? maybe because there arent so many girls that feel the urge to sleep with their favourite characters, but does that mean they dont watch anime in general?

its not like Umineko sells better with them anyway

maybe but dakimura with a shota would be made for MALEs as well, i was just saying because just like theres so much lolicons in Japan theres also a lot of shotacons, and they are guys not girls

just where was Keiichi popular? also all the merchandise of Higurashi i saw was 2 figurines one with Hanyuu and one with Rika btw...
Hate to butt in late, but.. you seem to be missing Marion's point. The point isn't some sexist thing against girls, it's the fact that there are FAR more openly anime-loving males in Japan then females. Males also tend to buy the merchandise far more. That's it.
And Umineko, while having a general audience, is much more likely to have males buying it than females for that very reason.

Also, some girls do buy dakimakura, but the fact of the matter is that they sell less because less Japanese girls watch and buy anime than Japanese guys. This is, of course, not true in America, but America's girls are different from Japan's based on maaaany things. You can't automatically think that the fanbase type will be the same over there.

Oh, and Umineko's dakimakura DO help sell it just a bit more, when the quality's decent. I considered buying Note 07 for Lambda/Bern.

Just so you know, there is a LOT of Higurashi merchandise. There are quite a few figures, definately more than two.. There are also stuffed animals, artbooks, misc. items, cards, and, yes.. dakimakura. I think they did Rena, Rika, Satoko, Mion, and Shion in season one, then double Rena in season 2, and then Shmion, Satoko, Rena, Rika, and Hanyuu in Rei. Keiichi was also not included in almost all official art, and half the ones he was in, he was very.. background.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
While shota is one of the proper things to call him, I dunno what else would work. Cat-boy maybe? I dunno.
But he's a lion.. oAo;
Old 2010-04-09, 03:19   Link #7664
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoiYuki View Post
But he's a lion.. oAo;
Ya, and a lion is a feline, which means a lion is also a member of the cat family. =3

Plus he's not a real lion. Just a plush one.

Anywho for the sake of on-topicness.~

Spoiler for Sakutaro lurv for ya'll.~:
Old 2010-04-09, 04:19   Link #7665
Nadeor
Asmodeus Saigo (>v<)/

Send a message via MSN to Nadeor
Hate to disrupt the seemingly harmonic spirit here
But I have to bring this to you guys:

Spoiler for WTF:
Old 2010-04-09, 06:45   Link #7666
KoiYuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
Ya, and a lion is a feline, which means a lion is also a member of the cat family. =3
fffff I feel really stupid for not even remembering that.
Old 2010-04-09, 07:54   Link #7667
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadeor View Post

Spoiler for WTF:
WTF indeed.
Old 2010-04-09, 08:17   Link #7668
Vega Lyra
<Congratulations>!!!!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadeor View Post

Spoiler for WTF:
....What would Genji do?
Old 2010-04-09, 08:52   Link #7669
HigurashinoUmineko

Oppai Lazer...That seems epic somehow
Old 2010-04-09, 09:02   Link #7670
Aebliss
Story Master

Send a message via AIM to Aebliss
I did not need to see those ... WTF doesn't do it justice. =_=
Old 2010-04-09, 10:30   Link #7671
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Here is another USO DA yonkoma:

Spoiler for Episode4:

Old 2010-04-09, 10:35   Link #7672
Aebliss
Story Master

Awww. :-\ I'm actually feeling sorry for that goat.

Aw, cripes. >_< I need help! Someone pour me a big glass of cynicism, stat!
Old 2010-04-09, 14:29   Link #7673
HanaeXMermaids

Today I drew Jessica on the 1st Twilight on Ep 6 !
This time much better then the Siesta 45 >__> Because this is drawn traditional!
And I know that the feet are strange xD I'm bad at drawing feet when standing before me!
Spoiler for Ep 6 : Jessica ( 1st Twilight ):
Old 2010-04-09, 14:32   Link #7674
Beatoriiche
Golden Witch

Just wondering, would anyone have the original of this image? Thanks in advance~

Old 2010-04-09, 14:33   Link #7675
Aebliss
Story Master

About the feet - just remember that every part of the body should point in roughly the same direction, joints and the position you're going for allowing. You need to work on the face a bit more, make it wider.
Nonetheless, good effort.
Old 2010-04-09, 16:21   Link #7676
~Ayane~

Quote:
The point isn't some sexist thing against girls, it's the fact that there are FAR more openly anime-loving males in Japan then females. Males also tend to buy the merchandise far more. That's it.
And Umineko, while having a general audience, is much more likely to have males buying it than females for that very reason.

Also, some girls do buy dakimakura, but the fact of the matter is that they sell less because less Japanese girls watch and buy anime than Japanese guys.
Quote:
This is, of course, not true in America, but America's girls are different from Japan's based on maaaany things. You can't automatically think that the fanbase type will be the same over there.

zomg
if by " FAR more openly anime-loving " you mean some fatass otaku no life's then i agree, there are more males like that than females...
but you cant say there are more male anime fans than females in general because in Japan things like manga anime and all of that shit is part of everyday life, lol
also dont say something a fact without providing any evidence
but okay i can see, dakimuras are made for specific people and i know a lot of girls would want a bedsheet with their favourite character but not half-naked and sexually suggestive like the ones for otaku and at the same time the ones that Deen makes... on the other hand that wasnt even my argument lol...
and for hanyuu's sake stop talking about america dammit, i never compared it to anything in the first place. all i know is that americans publish manga in a shitty way and that their dubs sucks XD
blah blah

Quote:
Just so you know, there is a LOT of Higurashi merchandise.
i never said theres not

Spoiler for why do i only post Ange recently?:

Quote:
Now maybe someone at this point noticed that I never did one for Bern. Well... that's because I have Bern's one in mind since a long time, but that will be the very last strip to conclude the series, so you won't see it until the english patch of EP8.
wai...wha...?... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO *cries tears of despair*
Old 2010-04-09, 16:35   Link #7677
Judoh
Mystery buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Ayane~ View Post
but you cant say there are more male anime fans than females in general because in Japan things like manga anime and all of that shit is part of everyday life, lol
The stereotype they had in japan in the 90's for otaku was very wide. Mainly it had to do with the idea that otaku had no lives because they revolved around cartoons. It's not a positive title. The stereotype even went so far to suggest them as being rapists and pedophiles.

But when Anime became popular in the west people called themselves otaku without knowing that it was a derogatory term in Japan.

Did you ever watch Chaos;head? That's a good example of the stereotype there, but I think you can also find this information on wikipedia.
Old 2010-04-09, 18:11   Link #7678
Symphie
Quit. :)

Spoiler for EP6 (large image):

If possible, please delete this account.
Old 2010-04-10, 00:52   Link #7679
Riou17
Red☆Crystal

Spoiler for Crossover:

Spoiler for Cosplay:

Spoiler for Pink is manly:

Last edited by Riou17; 2010-04-10 at 01:08.
Old 2010-04-10, 03:49   Link #7680
Krystalwitch
07th Expansion&Touhou Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatoriiche View Post
Just wondering, would anyone have the original of this image? Thanks in advance~

here~~

Spoiler for Request:
Closed Thread