Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2011-08-27, 21:53   Link #3481
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

【ZERO SYSTEM】

“即刻判断周围状况并进行高速演算处理”的人工智能(即AI)

AI capable of "Immediate analysis of situation and formulate instantaneous countermeasures."

但卡特丽娜的高达中所装载的ZERO SYSTEM输入了莎布丽娜所养的挪威森林猫萨姆(Somewhere)的特征数据,因此两足飞龙高达的Z ERO SYSTEM是个可以对驾驶员发出的指令进行应答的系统,应答声为“喵”。(萨姆实际上是ZERO SYSTEM的Submonitor。)

The Zero System programmed into Katarina's Gundam contains Binary data of Sabrina's Norwegian Forest Cat "Somewhere". Hence Wyvern's Zero system is able to comply with instructions input by the pilot. The confirmation of obedience is by a "Meow". (Somewhere is a submonitor of the Zero system.)

按照J博士的说法,在战斗中可以将姿势控制完全交给萨姆,但速度控制需要靠驾驶员自身多加用心 。当Wyve rn使用Full Throttle出发时,可以达到杀人般的速度。

According to Dr. J , all controls can be passed over to Somewhere during battle. But care must be taken by the pilot in regards to Speed and Velocity of the suit. As Wyvern can kill it's pilot during take off in it's full throttle mode.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-27, 22:05   Link #3482
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
But care must be taken by the pilot in regards to Speed and Velocity of the suit. As Wyvern can kill it's pilot during take off in it's full throttle mode.
This bit reminds me of the Tallgeese.
Old 2011-08-28, 00:01   Link #3483
Mareike

Quote:
【ZERO SYSTEM】

“即刻判断周围状况并进行高速演算处理”的人工智能(即AI)

AI capable of "Immediate analysis of situation and formulate instantaneous countermeasures."

但卡特丽娜的高达中所装载的ZERO SYSTEM输入了莎布丽娜所养的挪威森林猫萨姆(Somewhere)的特征数据,因此两足飞龙高达的Z ERO SYSTEM是个可以对驾驶员发出的指令进行应答的系统,应答声为“喵”。(萨姆实际上是ZERO SYSTEM的Submonitor。)

The Zero System programmed into Katarina's Gundam contains Binary data of Sabrina's Norwegian Forest Cat "Somewhere". Hence Wyvern's Zero system is able to comply with instructions input by the pilot. The confirmation of obedience is by a "Meow". (Somewhere is a submonitor of the Zero system.)

按照J博士的说法,在战斗中可以将姿势控制完全交给萨姆,但速度控制需要靠驾驶员自身多加用心 。当Wyve rn使用Full Throttle出发时,可以达到杀人般的速度。

According to Dr. J , all controls can be passed over to Somewhere during battle. But care must be taken by the pilot in regards to Speed and Velocity of the suit. As Wyvern can kill it's pilot during take off in it's full throttle mode.
Um... A cat taking control of a suit.

ALRIGHT! All the more reason to get a cat, then!

*cough*

And yes - Wyvern's ruthlessness reminds me of Tallgeese, too. Could the former have been the basis for the latter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldaeus View Post
Well if you take the name they gave Dr. J into its alternative meanings it literally means Fake Jay... so Howard's name I think is still Howard.

Null = false, they're playing with names and double meanings again.
I wouldn't say it's false. Null is "empty", undefined, unknown. Does not exist. Missing information. It could very well be zero = nothing.

Last edited by Mareike; 2011-08-28 at 00:11. Reason: Merged with below post.
Mareike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-28, 00:21   Link #3484
Nishiio
AHH IT'S A GUNDAM--*boom*

Quote:
Reading that in both languages was very cringe-worthy.

You activate a Zero System with a...meow?.............

I give up.

EDIT: How tired was I when I wrote that? =__=;; My bad. I did understand it the way it was written...I think I was just too focused on "Zero" and "meow" LOL

Last edited by Nishiio; 2011-08-28 at 16:59. Reason: Stupid me
Nishiio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-28, 00:26   Link #3485
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Sometimes I feel like it's little wonder why Sumisawa was kicked off the writing for the show. >.>
Old 2011-08-28, 00:46   Link #3486
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nishiio View Post
No. The Zero System acknowledge it's compliance of the pilot's queries and instructions with a "Meow."
Old 2011-08-28, 00:48   Link #3487
FalsePrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nishiio View Post
Reading that in both languages was very cringe-worthy.

I give up.
Actually from the way it reads it's the otherway around.

The pilot gives commands to the Suit/Zero System and Zero actually meows in response to the command.

Not any less stupid, however this seems like it is a lead into to Zero's weird sense of life.

As it stands it seem like he is setting up the Binary date to lead into Zero reactivating and standing up while telling Heero to finish the mission.

Thing is, if this is true and Zero actually has someone data at the core who is it?

Given the connections to Heero it would seem as though Heero would be a likely choice though it would kinda hurt the whole pacifism thing they always talked about when it came to him.

Outside of him I really don't know who it could be. Granted this is all speculation but the Pilot communicating with the Suit and the System responding seems right in line with how Zero acts/reacts to Heero.

Haha beaten.
FalsePrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-28, 02:01   Link #3488
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalsePrime View Post
Not any less stupid, however this seems like it is a lead into to Zero's weird sense of life.

As it stands it seem like he is setting up the Binary date to lead into Zero reactivating and standing up while telling Heero to finish the mission.

Thing is, if this is true and Zero actually has someone data at the core who is it?
The revelation above seems to me that it was an one-off attempt to make Wyvern's Zero System more accessible and.....docile by merging it with the data of a household pet.

But I will not dismiss your theory there.

Quote:
Haha beaten.
Nah. You came up with a nice theory yourself.
Old 2011-08-28, 09:54   Link #3489
Mareike

*blinks at the posts above*

... huh. I re-read the text and I realized that I misunderstood it. I actually thought that the controls of Wyvern and its ZERO can be transferred over to Somewhere. /headdesk what the eff was I on?!

The original Heero Yuy's data being utilized for the ZERO system Heero/Odin Jr. uses seems probable, but I'm inclined to believe that perhaps data from other prominent colony figures were also used... Is it far-fetched to even think that there could be a bit of the intended pilot's or Heero/Odin Jr.'s data in there too?

A Gundam taking pacifist actions just does not compute...
Old 2011-08-28, 10:22   Link #3490
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mareike View Post
A Gundam taking pacifist actions just does not compute...
00 Qan[T] would like a word with you. :V
Old 2011-08-28, 16:56   Link #3491
Nishiio
AHH IT'S A GUNDAM--*boom*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Sometimes I feel like it's little wonder why Sumisawa was kicked off the writing for the show. >.>
LOL
I really did enjoy his writing for Episode Zero though. ;__;
Nishiio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-28, 17:24   Link #3492
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Well to be fair, without the GN Particles' mass communication ability, the 00Q is just another WMD.
Old 2011-08-28, 21:59   Link #3493
Mareike

Quote:
I'm so sorry I don't know him... ;A;
Old 2011-08-29, 05:37   Link #3494
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?

Great, so now we have Hello Kitty Gundams. I don't even know why I'm paying attention to this novel anymore. >_>

As for FalsePrime's interesting idea with ZERO, I'd totally make it a woman considering the nagging quality of ZERO, telling you nonstop what to do what way (especially while driving). Perhaps the Lightning Queen?
IkuzeMinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-29, 05:44   Link #3495
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
It had to vanquish a few thounsand lifeforms in order to...get its message across.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-29, 10:00   Link #3496
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
It had to vanquish a few thounsand lifeforms in order to...get its message across.
Just returning the favor. The ELS were mimicking us, remember?
Old 2011-08-29, 10:15   Link #3497
Mareike

Quote:
Originally Posted by IkuzeMinna View Post
Great, so now we have Hello Kitty Gundams. I don't even know why I'm paying attention to this novel anymore. >_>

As for FalsePrime's interesting idea with ZERO, I'd totally make it a woman considering the nagging quality of ZERO, telling you nonstop what to do what way (especially while driving). Perhaps the Lightning Queen?
Not Hello Kitty again. My goodness. It was bad enough that some Gundam had to have long blonde hair... The thought of a HK Gundam just makes me sick. :-&

Anyway... I refuse to comment on the ZERO = woman/nag theory. *hides in a nice corner*
Old 2011-08-29, 11:10   Link #3498
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
I have a hard time believing that Chinese blurb. I haven't seen that other info on any of the staple Japanese FT blogs. :/
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-29, 16:21   Link #3499
FalsePrime

Yeah that seems odd that no one would mention such a thing. Before this was it even mentioned that Zero System was being used in Katerina's suit?

I know she piloted but I haven't followed the story very much, I mainly stick to the Heero/Duo moments so I can hopefully see Warlock and Snow White.
FalsePrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-30, 14:48   Link #3500
Kitsoru
:3c

/Stares at these blurbs

/cat gundamu

.... e_e;;;

/....goes back to blissfully unaware internet hiatus............... (back to school time for me, lol)

But actually, I came here to post this that got tossed up onto the wiki while I've been busy:
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__...465142_002.jpg
Title page for Chapter 12, with Katrina in her pilotsuit.
Kitsoru is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
frozen teardrop, glory of the losers, gundam wing