AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-03-20, 16:49   Link #4821
virox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game8910 View Post
Well the whole point of Xanadu and the reason why Denizens dont need to eat humans is cause they are not foreign object to Xanadu like they were on earth. Xanadu is a world which accepts their existence so them being there is the exact same as a human living in our world, they will never have to worry about disappearing.
However does this also apply to Yuji? I mean technically he is a mystes, a remnant of what used to be Yuji. Would the laws of Xanadu also make it so someone like him will never burn out?
Dude, stop asking questions that make me doubt a happy ending, will you? The new world has an unlimited supply of PoE, unlike Earth, where everything has it's own amount of PoE until it runs out. So if denizens can live off that well of PoE in Xanadu, Yuuji should also be able to do so. And if that doesn't do the trick, Leanan-sidhe's whatever spell she gave Yuuji, that basically boosted his existence into "he was not a weak torch anymore", should.
With the text saying that the Reiji Maigo is broken and useless in Xanadu, and with this line from above, it's pretty clear that the author wants us to know that there is nothing to worry about. But dang, you just had to give me doubts now, didn't you? Thanks a lot, pal.

Last edited by virox; 2012-03-20 at 18:23.
virox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-20, 21:59   Link #4822
edgelesspigeon

Yuji doesn't need to live off the Power of Existence generated by Xanadu. Lamies' spell made it so that he had a stable existence. I don't think it makes him human, since technically the human Sakai Yuji is dead. What with his powers, he's probably more akin to a Crimson Lord now.
edgelesspigeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-21, 00:14   Link #4823
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgelesspigeon View Post
Yuji doesn't need to live off the Power of Existence generated by Xanadu. Lamies' spell made it so that he had a stable existence. I don't think it makes him human, since technically the human Sakai Yuji is dead. What with his powers, he's probably more akin to a Crimson Lord now.
Are we talking about this scene?
Quote:
“This is for the sly you…well, it’s not really a punishment, and not really a reward.”
Yuji realized that she was poking at the anti-flame ring ‘Azure’ that was within his armor. Not understanding the reason behind this, he asked,
“What about this?”
“Rather, I should have some interest in this coincidental meeting at such a place.”
Once she said that, the deep green jizaishiki spread out, and the spell that was engraved inside the ring glowed as if it was responding to it. The flame that looked like it was dimly burning flickered and soon disappeared.
“That’s the most basic protection for that battered body. You better use it as a farewell gift.”
Does this mean at this moment Yuji ceased to exist as a torch?
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Game8910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-21, 00:41   Link #4824
edgelesspigeon

Quote:
As both of them were shocked, the anti-fire ring ‘Azure’ floated between both of them. The deep green colored spell floated to the side, absorbing the nearby ‘Power of Existence’ and the clouds of stars below them.
“This is…speaking of which, Lamies, he…”
“Alastor?”
“I don’t understand. But…”
Alastor released what triggered it.
And then, Shana knew how precious that power was.
Yuji felt his insides being filled.
The stars that were being absorbed inside him triggered his transformation.
As a Torch, as a ‘Mystes’, as a substitute body, all sorts of feelings as a non-human naturally grew within him. From now on, the existence that formed Sakai Yuji, the self-fear and sense of danger need not be necessary. That’s what he believed.
He knew that he wasn’t just a weak Torch anymore.
He knew that he became an existence that understood that ‘I’m here’.
This part.
edgelesspigeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-21, 05:24   Link #4825
Elf song

Spoiler for That spell is...:
Elf song is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-21, 08:06   Link #4826
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

Does this mean Friagne and Lamies both had a similar spell created? Interesting
Old 2012-03-21, 12:48   Link #4827
virox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elf song View Post
Spoiler for That spell is...:
Everything comes a round way, huh? This series is just awesome.
Old 2012-03-22, 03:23   Link #4828
alvinkhorfire

Quote:
Correct me if I am wrong. I think Elf song meant that Friagne originally created the spell, which requires City Devouring to be activated.

Lamies eventually changes the activation condition to just a kiss. Is that correct, Elf song?
Old 2012-03-22, 05:13   Link #4829
Elf song

Quote:
It is said that Friagne's spell is actually something invented by Lamies/Leanan-sidhe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvinkhorfire View Post
Correct me if I am wrong. I think Elf song meant that Friagne originally created the spell, which requires City Devouring to be activated.

Lamies eventually changes the activation condition to just a kiss. Is that correct, Elf song?
Yes
Elf song is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-22, 09:19   Link #4830
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

Quote:

I meant to say that both of them ended up having a spell that basically restores or creates a new existence from nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elf song View Post
It is said that Friagne's spell is actually something invented by Lamies/Leanan-sidhe.
I guess it makes sense why he would be able to alter the activation mechanism then.
Old 2012-03-22, 09:41   Link #4831
virox

I actually think that City Devourer wasn't the actual requirement. It was required, though, because you need a whole lot of PoE to create an existence. City Devourer was designed by Azis to gather PoE so he can create his progency with his Flame Haze's existence, right? Friagne used City Devourer to gather enough PoE to use the spell that is carved in the ring, so he can give Marianne an existence. With all the PoE around now that the Tomogara left for Xanadu, it should've been enough for the spell in the ring to restore Yuuji's existence. The text even said "the ring absorbed the nearby PoE".
So I don't know what Lammies did when she touched the Ring, she probably really set it to activate with a kiss, but yeah, what I'm trying to say is that City Devourer had another purpose besides being the trigger to set it off, that is to gather the needed PoE.
I love how everything makes sense. I hope the anime does cover it like that, so people who don't know or can't make the connection don't start talking about "Deus Ex Machina"
Old 2012-03-22, 15:23   Link #4832
Swimming

Little question: What is Yuji if he's not human?
Old 2012-03-23, 10:03   Link #4833
alvinkhorfire

@Game8910
Sorry for the misunderstanding. At least, we now have a clear understanding of the spell.
Old 2012-03-23, 13:13   Link #4834
virox

I just finished watching the last episode
Old 2012-03-23, 14:17   Link #4835
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

After watching the last episode, I must say that I'm a happy camper.
Old 2012-03-23, 21:58   Link #4836
elleinad00

LAST EPISODE you made my day!!! I'm contented with the ending. It's cool, no It's Epic!
elleinad00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-24, 02:58   Link #4837
virox

I'm a little sad that they didn't add Yuuji saying that he loves Shana so much, he is willing to change the world for her. This was a little disappointing, but I guess the kiss tells more than a thousand words, especially in Shana.
Old 2012-03-24, 11:49   Link #4838
alvinkhorfire

@virox
Another point of interest that they omitted is that Shana slices off Yuji's dragontail. It is just way too many things to be animated in a short span of 24 minutes, until some points have to be omitted.
Old 2012-03-24, 13:14   Link #4839
Senshigeia

Quote:
Originally Posted by virox View Post
I'm a little sad that they didn't add Yuuji saying that he loves Shana so much, he is willing to change the world for her. This was a little disappointing, but I guess the kiss tells more than a thousand words, especially in Shana.
I would love to hear it too, but at the same time his smile was enough

Quote:
@virox
Another point of interest that they omitted is that Shana slices off Yuji's dragontail. It is just way too many things to be animated in a short span of 24 minutes, until some points have to be omitted.
I wouldn't mind having a double episode. The chapter was really big.

Sig credit to Bila / Avatar credit to SweetHoney

Check out my anime and manga lists!
Senshigeia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-25, 03:57   Link #4840
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimming View Post
Little question: What is Yuji if he's not human?
I'll stick on he becomes an existence who on par with Tomogara or Flame Haze
because he still got his unrestricted spell and some power
I believe Yuji is also can move freely in fuzetsu which is something human can't do (except Yoshida... I think she still keep that amulet item so she can move freely inside fuzetsu)

I don't think he's a human because it will not be a happy ending because of his limited lifespan
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, romance, seinen, shounen