AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Madoka Magica

Notices

Old 2011-03-23, 07:23   Link #1961
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

I honestly think that whoever is deciding to postpone this whether it is Shaft or the broadcaster, it's not very smart. One of the contributing factor of this series isn't just the story but also the hype. Ever since this series was announced it has had the prevailing wind we called hype. Once things cool down and everybody start switching to other things the series is not going to get as much attention. Anything is better nothing. Shaft NEEDS to keep the fandom talking.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-23, 07:30   Link #1962
MartianMage

I'd rather wait for a month than to get another Nadeko snake. Fans have been hailing Madoka as a "legendary" anime. IMHO it's better to delay than to air a slideshow and stain Madoka's TV run.
Kyubey: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!
MartianMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-23, 07:31   Link #1963
Snork
Twilight lander

Send a message via ICQ to Snork
Quote:
April huh. Well look at the bright side guys... at least it's not like Bakemonogatari long. :P

With a month worth of delay at least I don't think it can possibly end up like Nadeko Snake.
I prefer to hope for less than a month. "Last episode in April" STILL falls into the schedule of episode 12 airing on April 7/8 as many calculated. In theory, the possibility of Madoka resuming next week is not ruled out yet - maybe Shaft has just issued an official pause until then just to stop false rumours and hopes from spreading? Since even the writer of the show was confused by the announcements regarding Nico Nico etc...
My mood is grim right now, but as the Russian saying goes, "Hope is always the last to die".

Quote:
^ Problem is, we all know how Urobuchi and all the staffs forced us to anticipate even more with all those magazine interviews and god damn tweets... ;_;
Just like Kyoko was trying to keep Sayaka's body warm, they try to keep the hype up. Of course, Madoka is being anticipated desperately enough, but in general such a hiatus does not mean anything good for a show, so their concern is understandable.
Can't but roll my eyes at Bakemonogatari parallels... The Aniplex/Shaft unions are bound to walk the path of trials, it seems.

Quote:
I'd rather wait for a month than to get another Nadeko snake. Fans have been hailing Madoka as a "legendary" anime. IMHO it's better to delay than to air a slideshow and stain Madoka's TV run.
Bakemonogatari's "TV stain" gave life to lots of smirks, irony and memes concerning Shaft - but as Shinbo once stated, they've never had any illusions of being loved universally anyway. This stain didn't seem to torpedo the overall hype around Bakemonogatari, and it still became a king size hit. Of course, the staff themselves won't bet on it - considering that episode 11 will most likely feature the WN battle or at least its beginning, you can hardly get by with a slideshow (unlike in the series that puts emphasis on dialogues anyway).
So, if the episode is seriously below completion atm, I only wish them good luck. If the case is all about "improving", however, then I'd rather have a handful of graphic bugs since they come with the long-waited continuation of the story and more music from Yuki Kajiura. They tend to fix these bugs later anyway, and frankly speaking - the list of comparisons I saw concerning episode 10 fixes... I can't really say that any of those fixes was vital for enjoying the story (except the Kyuubey glitch in timeline 2, but personally I didn't even NOTICE him there, lol ). If I want great animation from scratch, I'll address Ghibly or Ufotable - Shaft's diverse visual style has never seemed to be all about animation alone, IMHO.

The problem is, of the two scenarios I've listed, the first one is more likely. We're not talking mere schedules failure this time, we're talking post-earthquake period. All these animators and other staffers are most probably having other problems on their hands, besides work. It's great enough that we're not getting any "posthumous" quadrangle frames in the credits of remaining episodes.

Last edited by Snork; 2011-03-23 at 07:50.
Snork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-23, 07:32   Link #1964
applejuice
I kill you
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
I honestly think that whoever is deciding to postpone this whether it is Shaft or the broadcaster, it's not very smart. One of the contributing factor of this series isn't just the story but also the hype. Ever since this series was announced it has had the prevailing wind we called hype. Once things cool down and everybody start switching to other things the series is not going to get as much attention. Anything is better nothing. Shaft NEEDS to keep the fandom talking.
Case of Bakemonogatari says no. Madoka hype won't go down anytime soon, it will only build up. and, I don't think any Spring-releases will be strong enough to catch more attention than this series.

-----

Adding things more, it might not even be regular broadcasting (They said it themselves). It might be just shit region-locked webcast, just like Bakemonogatari.
Old 2011-03-23, 07:57   Link #1965
B2-Lancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by applejuice View Post
Madoka hype won't go down anytime soon, it will only build up. and, I don't think any Spring-releases will be strong enough to catch more attention than this series.
Roughly same as what happened after waiting years on Haruhi Suzumiya season 2 -- and all we got was "Endless Eight". :/

Gem intact, Mami didn't die: She just did the old Obi Wan Kenobi sacrificial transcendental trick to enable Madoka to follow her path...
B2-Lancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-23, 07:58   Link #1966
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by applejuice View Post
Case of Bakemonogatari says no. Madoka hype won't go down anytime soon, it will only build up. and, I don't think any Spring-releases will be strong enough to catch more attention than this series.

-----

Adding things more, it might not even be regular broadcasting (They said it themselves). It might be just shit region-locked webcast, just like Bakemonogatari.
The problem is that when Shaft has the liberty to work on something for as long as they want....they take advantage of it so much its cheating. I mean for Bake, they didn't even have the intention to start on the last episodes before the season ended. All I can say is don't be surprised if this episodes get pushed back further and further. They have a lot on their hands and can you imagine if Denpa turns out to be good too? They'll try to take their sweet time with it too and all hell will break lose.
Old 2011-03-23, 08:00   Link #1967
xizro345
King's Justice

I think there's a difference between this and Bakemonogatari: the episodes were (presumably) mostly done before the issues arised, while in Bakemonogatari they were done "extra" due to lack of slot (if I recall correctly).
xizro345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-23, 08:08   Link #1968
Riga92
The Spear of Destiny

Well, I posted some Hitler Downfall vids yesterday and now more bad news with Madoka broadcast being canned entirely. This is like the best time to make another video lol

But in seriousness, I can't believe out of all the anime this season, the best one had to be cancelled from broadcast. It seems like Madoka may be going down the path of Bakemonogatari. Madoka has been a swift, yet fantastic ride so far and to stop its momentum completely in its tracks is probably gonna hurt the series. I know I feel hurt...

I feel like my life has lost a bit of meaning now

JK, but I still feel a bit sad lol
Riga92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-23, 08:09   Link #1969
MartianMage

Quote:
Originally Posted by xizro345 View Post
I think there's a difference between this and Bakemonogatari: the episodes were (presumably) mostly done before the issues arised, while in Bakemonogatari they were done "extra" due to lack of slot (if I recall correctly).
And that's reason enough to hope that the last 2 episodes will really air at April.
Kyubey: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!
MartianMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-23, 08:28   Link #1970
Snork
Twilight lander

Quote:
region-locked streaming may be a problem to watch online, but the subbers will be queuing to get it hours/days before the announced schedule time, so I don't fret much about it. The main thing to wait for is the release itself.
Old 2011-03-23, 08:34   Link #1971
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snork View Post
region-locked streaming may be a problem to watch online, but the subbers will be queuing to get it hours/days before the announced schedule time, so I don't fret much about it. The main thing to wait for is the release itself.
The problem is the quality is gonna be pretty troll. I mean I'm usually not a stickler for quality but still....
Old 2011-03-23, 08:48   Link #1972
Snork
Twilight lander

Before I could get my hands on a pack of good quality raws with subs files, I grabbed the episodes directly from Youtube/Myspace. So troll quality is nothing scary for me (although I may not have experienced it well, since MySpace hosters were trolls enough to post 200 Mb videos there ).
And you can bet on me grabbing and watching episodes 11 and 12 at the first chance I get, even if they're presented in a matchbox definition and mono sound. The latest we're getting good quality raws will be June (if AT-X rebroadcast schedule doesn't change).
Old 2011-03-23, 09:12   Link #1973
Nikanoru

So much confusion. How much longer are we going to hear conflicting reports on whether it's canceled or not?

Well, on the bright side, this gives me an excuse to watch all the episodes again as a refresher when 11 and 12 are finally released...
Nikanoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-23, 09:15   Link #1974
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

so Who's guessing that it will show during april 30?

This is mild trolling, and given that they have a chance to actually air Walpurgisnacht on the exact date... who bets this is the case?
Old 2011-03-23, 09:16   Link #1975
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikanoru View Post
So much confusion. How much longer are we going to hear conflicting reports on whether it's canceled or not?
This is what is starting to bother me the most, actually. I mean, I'd hate for this anime's last two episodes to be delayed until the final volume DVD comes out, but the conflicting reports are downright infuriating.

Good grief, SHAFT, you can't even handle press releases now?
Old 2011-03-23, 09:45   Link #1976
Shadow Angel
Hellraiser

My guess is that the last two eppy's won't air in April at all and will have to wait till August for the last dvd. To have someone beable to post the last two online somewhere.
Old 2011-03-23, 09:52   Link #1977
Snork
Twilight lander

Quote:
This is mild trolling, and given that they have a chance to actually air Walpurgisnacht on the exact date... who bets this is the case?
March 31: episode 11
April 30: episode 12
wait, what?
Old 2011-03-23, 10:01   Link #1978
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Quote:
March 31: episode 11
April 30: episode 12
wait, what?
April 30: ep11- Walpurgisnacht
May 5: ep12- Conclusion (End)
Old 2011-03-23, 11:14   Link #1979
zato_1one

I'd say that the popular series is still the popular series even if it is delayed. Just like the web cast of Bakemonogatari, the final two episodes of Code Geass first season and even Haruhi 2009. Best example should be Evangelion. No matter how long it is. The hype is still there if the series is solid enough.
Old 2011-03-23, 12:08   Link #1980
MaiNoKen
◕ ‿‿ ◕
*Scanlator

Considering the circumstances currently in Japan, I think some delays are long expected. According to Anime News Network, they still aim to air the last episode by the middle of April. I frankly prefer a well-done ending instead of a rushed one. A legendary series deserves a legendary end .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Official Twitter info
MaiNoKen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
despair, hope, madoka magica, magical girl, urobuchi gen