AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shuffle!

Notices

View Poll Results: Rate the series (final rating)
Perfect 10 54 17.14%
9 out of 10 64 20.32%
8 out of 10 101 32.06%
7 out of 10 54 17.14%
6 out of 10 17 5.40%
5 out of 10 11 3.49%
4 out of 10 8 2.54%
3 out of 10 3 0.95%
2 out of 10 1 0.32%
1 out of 10 2 0.63%
Voters: 315. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2006-01-11, 11:00   Link #1
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Overall rating for SHUFFLE!

Ok, now that the anime series have finished, I have thought to open this poll to know how people would averagely judge Shuffle. If you wanna do a brief review as well, feel welcome ^^ , just be polite, have fun, and try to be constructive by explaining the why part of your choice, and not only the how. You know, the more detailed is your opinion, the more value it acquires

You will have ten options:

Perfect 10
9 out of 10
8 out of 10
7 out of 10
6 out of 10
5 out of 10
4 out of 10
3 out of 10
2 out of 10
1 out of 10

Of course 1 vote is allowed and the poll will be open so that you will be able to see how the others voted.

I thought to do this since I see alternatively very high and very low rates around, for this series. And I was wondering if with such a poll the truth could be a little better focused.
Of course, please keep in mind that being this a specific forum constituted of mostly SHUFFLE! fans, the average may result at the end a bit higher, than if the same pool would have been made on a true cross section of anime fans.

So, votes are open now
Old 2006-01-11, 11:05   Link #2
Crimen Scythe
Daemon Mortis

Send a message via ICQ to Crimen Scythe Send a message via AIM to Crimen Scythe Send a message via MSN to Crimen Scythe
8 out of 10...it did have its share of flaws and plotholes...but it was still good...so far it's the best harem ive ever seen...as for best anime...ive seen better...
Crimen Scythe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-11, 11:07   Link #3
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

9 for me.

I was waiting for the Shuffle anime for sometime before it started, and with that much hype it was everything i hoped for.
Old 2006-01-11, 11:17   Link #4
◕‿‿◕

Send a message via AIM to AvatarST Send a message via MSN to AvatarST

Best b-game -> anime conversion I've watched personally, and it surprised me since I didn't have any expectation before watching it. I think it's great. I don't know if it's perfect, nor I care, but I know I loved it.

I didn't give it 10 because, well, I don't give anything 10s, heh.

Canvas 2 is giving it some stiff competition though, so maybe by the time Canvas 2 ends, that will be a 9 and this an 8, if only to differentiate them. But as of now that's the rating I'll give it.

Last edited by AvatarST; 2006-01-11 at 13:44.
AvatarST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-11, 11:32   Link #5
Asa-Fan
*~Sami the Pizza Girl~*

Send a message via ICQ to Asa-Fan Send a message via MSN to Asa-Fan Send a message via Yahoo to Asa-Fan
For me it's 10 it's the best anime I've ever seen
(waching air right now xD)
Asa-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-11, 11:35   Link #6
Apekatt
Monkeycat

I give it a 8.
Some parts of the story deserve a higher rating (Kaede arc and some earlier episodes) while Sia's second arc and the entire thing with Asa in the end felt pretty weak. Overall I still think Shuffle is the best harem-anime I've ever seen. Managed to be both funny and serious at the same time!!
Apekatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-11, 11:40   Link #7
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

I'll give it 7. My reasoning for that was in another thread. The crappy ending animation subtracted some, but the KaedexSia credit scene was too good, so it's back at 7.
Old 2006-01-11, 11:52   Link #8
Altima of the Gates
Casting a spell on you...
*Graphic Designer

Location: Where there are no mallets or tentacles.... and the female cast of Tenjou Tenge is mine, all mine!
Send a message via AIM to Altima of the Gates Send a message via MSN to Altima of the Gates Send a message via Yahoo to Altima of the Gates
I'll give it an 8. I believe like some others that there were some plot development and character development problems toward the end, but overall it was a good ride while it lasted. I've never argued so much over an anime than i have this one, made new forum buddies so that was a plus.
Altima of the Gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-11, 12:33   Link #9
Maids! Maids! Maids!
Tsuruya Cultist

I gave it a nine as there was no option for 8.5. I rounded up, because if I had all decimal places at my disposal, I probably would have given it an 8.75 (A-). It had its hills and valleys, but I looked forward to it every week, I developed real affection for the characters, and I had a great time discussing it here.
Maids! Maids! Maids! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-11, 12:55   Link #10
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

8 here.... it would have been a 10 had the Kaede finish and Asa-Rin arc been written in a manner more consistent with their established behaviors.

The last episode takes a bit of a hit because although I really liked some of the chibi effects, the hyperdeformation of sensei, Mayumi, and Primula was painful ... and I got tired of the massive use of "paper cutouts on a stick" walking technique to save on animation.

The last half of the ep24 attempts to establish a new set of orbits where Asa (as Kikyou says, "pulls his strings") permits access to RIn because she willing to permit the situation to be tested and she loves her friends ... Kaede is being led on a bit (Asa says its okay to keep loving Rin ... wtf??) and Sia openly waves the polygamy banner. I'm not sure why Nerine is treating Rin as anymore than a good friend. What am I saying? A lot of the motivation here is just a bit odd unless Asa is really okay with sharing.

Interesting start, great middle eps comedy, fabulous drama in Kaede arc and Nerine/Primula arc, ...Rin's repetitive use of girl's names, overuse of the dumb Idol Teams rather than character development of the main characters, Sia's eps (all of them, so many) were well done. Nerine got the short end of the "time stick" on screen with Rin. Short summary: better than average true harem anime with a splotchy finish. Definitely worth a rewatch.

Last edited by Vexx; 2006-01-11 at 13:29.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-11, 13:04   Link #11
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Shuffle! gets an 8 for me, the ending of the kaede arc could have been alot better and I thought it was leading up to something a bit more then just a calm little chat between kaede and Asa given what happened the night before...

The Asa arc could have been better... probly would have been if I didnt hit those damned spoiler tags Since its not human nature to blame ones self im holding all of you responsible!

This series would have been a 7.5 if I can use decimals but I decided that the extra .5 was worth it to me because its not the childhood friend that wins this time
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-11, 13:12   Link #12
Squid
Flame Haze

Send a message via MSN to Squid
I voted for 8 out of 10. There were some episodes I disliked, but most of the time it was as good as always. The last episodes were the best I think, and probably one of the strangest turnings in a story I've ever seen (Comedy > Drama).

Overall, a very good Anime that I recommend to everyone.
Squid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-11, 13:25   Link #13
Furudanuki

I'm going to give Shuffle! and overall rating of 8, though I would go with an 8.5 if that was an option.

The series definitely wasn't perfect - too much time wasted early on that could have been used for the meatier portions of the plot. Shuffle! had some great potential that was not completely realized and the quality of the animation was inconsistant to put it nicely, but there were parts of this series that greatly exceeded my initial expectations - Kaede's arc generated a lot of buzz, but it was hardly the first or only stand-out moment. I have no real complaints about where the show wound up, but I think a smoother job could have been done getting from point A to point B. However, this seems to be a standard practice for this genre of anime in general, so Shuffle! is far from being alone that regard.

But in terms of my own personal enjoyment, Shuffle! has been first class. I don't require an anime to be a critical masterpiece in order to enjoy it! Guilty pleasures are the best sometimes. And I will be watching Shuffle! again.
Furudanuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-11, 14:58   Link #14
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho

i'll give it an 8

as others said it had it's good and bad times ... and some problems keeping on the track doing Keades and the first part of Asa's arcs (18-22) but other than that it was generaly good storywise so for that they get a 8

animationwise there was quite a few errors and simplyfications that shouldn't have been there (asa and rin at the river springs to mind) and otherwise there was nothing groundbreaking about the rest of the animations other than the use of the arrows, so they only get a 6 for that

characterwise it was very believeable even though the flaws here and there ... and it was generaly very deep characters for everyone (even though i think that Primula have borrowed a rather big part from Ruri Hoshino) so a 9 for that one

and then at last i think it is highly rewacth value ... which is more than i can say about pretty much every Harem anime i have seen ealier ... so ... 9 for that one
Sian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-11, 15:02   Link #15
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

I voted 8 but it should be a 8.5.

Don't feel like writing a essay so i will be brief

I like characters and story while it has some holes is still enjoyable. The music was great, I like th eanime op more then the game myself. And the animation was good nothing groundbreaking but solid.
Old 2006-01-11, 15:21   Link #16
Kuro

4/10. I'm not very fond of harem anime. And even as a harem anime, Shuffle sucked. It's only highlight was the brief Kaede arc, Primula and that little kiss at the end of the series. Everything else about it made me gag.
Kuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-11, 15:22   Link #17
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

It's an 8 from me too.
But I'm being lenient since in my book it would actually score a 7.5/10, for the following reasons.

Animation 8: overall pretty good, the character design is quite appealing but not excellent. Major fall down in last episode causes 1 point loss.

Sound 8: There's a mixture in all of its factors. Bgms: some are the lamest ever seen (typical of an hentai game, tough), some others are interesting. VA: not top notch, I didn't like some dubbing, IE Sia, imho annoying, but I did like other performances such as Asa, Ama and Kaede (+ Nerine while singing). OP theme scores a lot of point, ED scores a bit less but it's still good. Overall I feel like shaking it all and give an 8.

Story 5: the toughest one to judge! Well, a major penalization is due to the first 11 episodes, ok the lightness, but they were way too light. Primula arc enhances the score, Kaede arc would do the same if it wasn't left at half way. While for Nerine they give you enough clues on her future, it's not the same for Sia, whom is left without an adress (polygamy? .. Do me the favor, authors ). Asa route is taken to an end, but it's an unsatisfying end. And by the way, why couldn't she use magic? I'm still waiting, dear my authors.. if an innovative ending would really just mean "cutting protagonist wrists" then meh .. anime world would be quite ill, to say the truth.

Characters 8: overall a nice set of enjoyable characters. You do like them at the end, so they work. With their highs and their lows, they work.

Value 7: for the wasted potential they should be strangled. But anyway, they delivered an enjoyable product, and for being an harem anime, the result wasn't totally bad. I've seen better harem than this (first being Da Capo), but overall, I guess it's ok.

Enjoyment 9: not so easy to stay tuned in the first arc, but then it gets different, and since you don't know the plot will have a lot of holes, you throuroughly enjoy it step by step. Very low rewatchability, I guess.

As a sum I get a 45. 45/6 = 7.5 --> *me lenient --> 8
Old 2006-01-11, 15:38   Link #18
Lina Inverse
SL Aki fanclub president

It would've been better if they wouldn't have botched the ending badly, and if Rin wouldn't be such a spineless jerk
There are still a few minor detail flaws, like they messed up with Nerine's unfitting eye colour, or Sia looking too boring, or those ugly grey/black overknee socks instead of white ones, but nothing too serious.

Overall, it's still quite enjoyable, so I'll give it a 8/10
Lina Inverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-11, 15:38   Link #19
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuro
4/10. I'm not very fond of harem anime. And even as a harem anime, Shuffle sucked. It's only highlight was the brief Kaede arc, Primula and that little kiss at the end of the series. Everything else about it made me gag.
Which of course raises the question of why you watched the whole thing... It might just be me, but I tend to stop watching series I don't like...

Anyway, I'd give it a 7. It was a good series, but not great. Quite a few problems came up with pacing, character development, animation, ect. Still a solid effort for the most part. Really a lot of the problems with it came from the need to include all the girls' stories, but that still doesn't mean they can be completely overlooked. It's a problem that occurs quite frequently in anime based on either ero-games or dating sims. However, Shuffle was an enjoyable series even with it's flaws, and that's what really counts.
Old 2006-01-11, 15:46   Link #20
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuro
Hmmm, since you're not fond of harem anime to begin with .... just for clarification, name a harem anime that you consider "best of class" please. And just for notes, I don't consider Mahoraba, Canvas 2, or Suzuka to be "harem", rather just romance fiction.