AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2006-11-12, 10:38   Link #401
d'luffy

what's with you d's?

hey any guesses what could possibly 'd' stands for...?
and is that there middle initial..?
haha!lol!
d'luffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-12, 14:50   Link #402
Chuixupu
Shikachu

Nobody has any idea what it stands for yet. It probably has something to do with the ancient kingdom that vanished.
Chuixupu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-13, 20:35   Link #403
d'luffy

well....it could be d for 'devil'???
ehehheehheee!
d'luffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-13, 22:27   Link #404
rahmuss

- Climhazard, Yes, we first saw the old guy right when Carmen left Sanji (errr... when she was carried away). Then, as far as I know, we next see him during the filler arc with Apis on the shore saying goodbye to Luffy and crew. Then he appears again on Drum island fixing a door. If you watch the scenes he's drawn like a main character. He has much more detail, and they even focus on him at times instead of directly on whatever else is happening in the scene. So he's not just some 'extra' that they draw in randomly. Though he most likely doesn't have anything to do with the storyline. And, since they're filler episodes (besides Drum island), I was wondering if he was just added in for fun. Does he show up in the manga at all?
- Wasn't there a comment one time from Nami or Ussop, about there being people with DF power who can control the weather? Or maybe they said who can create tsunamis, or hurricanes or something. Who said that? What episode? Would they be talking about Dragon?
- Is there any place that has transcripts of Onepiece anime and manga in a searchable text? If not, that might be a good project to do.
- A question on here made me wonder if maybe Crocodile is the brother of one of Shanks crew members (can't remember his name right now). Any thoughts?
- Yeah, I'd like to know where the pirate summit is too.

- Oh, on movie number four why Luffy could hit him was because when using devil fruit abilities your clothes are made part of you. Which is why Ace can burn things without burning his clothes, and why "smokey" can turn to smoke without becoming naked after reforming each time.
- The "Jolly Roger" flag was actually a flag that was a better flag to see when you met pirates. It meant that they were just there to get 'booty', not to kill people. If you saw a "red jack", then that usually meant they were there to kill people. see wiki (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jolly_Roger).
On page #15
- I was wondering about Nami. She was found by her 'sister' after a marine battle with pirates. I think her parents (or at least one of them) was a pirate. I wondered about Zoro as well. He could have had pirate parents as well, and they died, leaving him an orphan. We know that Usopp has a pirate father. We don't really know much about Sanji's childhood either.
- Also, as far as if "Nami" is Nami's real name will most likely not make a difference at all... but it could... if her real name is some famous name, then we might realize some kind of connection; but I doubt that's the case.

[ NOTE: All comments / questions are based off my experience of only seeing up to episode 120 so far in the anime series. ]
Old 2006-11-14, 00:44   Link #405
airsBlue

Send a message via MSN to airsBlue
Quote:
- Climhazard, Yes, we first saw the old guy right when Carmen left Sanji (errr... when she was carried away). Then, as far as I know, we next see him during the filler arc with Apis on the shore saying goodbye to Luffy and crew. Then he appears again on Drum island fixing a door. If you watch the scenes he's drawn like a main character. He has much more detail, and they even focus on him at times instead of directly on whatever else is happening in the scene. So he's not just some 'extra' that they draw in randomly. Though he most likely doesn't have anything to do with the storyline. And, since they're filler episodes (besides Drum island), I was wondering if he was just added in for fun. Does he show up in the manga at all?
um.. sounds intresting ...
Q: can u give me exactly when he appear ?? and does he appear in Skypie ?
airsBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-14, 01:40   Link #406
matsuno

Theres a few characters with returning roles that show up in the show as sort of gags. This one your talking about is Minamoto-san (a carpenter) who was used as a reason in an SBS why the door Higuma had kicked in was mysteriously fixed in the following scene. Since that SBS occured, his character has been seen randomly through the anime, and his role is that of comeone who is compelled to fix doors

the most famous though is Pandaman who has appeared in both the anime and manga multiple times (you can find him on the Kuro Neko pirate ship (Captain Kuro), on the Baratie in the midst of the mayhem of Don Krieg's attack, In Loguetown right after Buggy is struck by lightning, and in the bar where Smoker and Ace meet.

There is also Sam-sam, who is a drunk always coming from his daughter's wedding and seeing a party while already drunk, just joins in (as such, look for him in most celebratory scenes (such as in Cocoyashi village).

Also to be noted is the brand name Doskoi Panda which is a parody of the Acme products of Looney Tunes fame. There is also a nock off version of the product at low quality called Dosko1 (think of seeing a sidewalk merchant seling Prodo bags. kinda looks like Prada, but for 1/5th the cost, and consequently the quality). There is also mention of Cyberpanda as another brand that while being an imitation of DP, actually sells for more than the original brand. I have not seen this brand appear in the series of yet though sadly.
matsuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-14, 15:46   Link #407
Climhazard
Funk Freed

Lots of useful information lately, good work
Climhazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-15, 21:10   Link #408
rahmuss

Quote:
Originally Posted by matsuno View Post
Theres a few characters with returning roles that show up in the show as sort of gags. This one your talking about is Minamoto-san (a carpenter) who was used as a reason in an SBS why the door Higuma had kicked in was mysteriously fixed in the following scene. Since that SBS occured, his character has been seen randomly through the anime, and his role is that of comeone who is compelled to fix doors.
Wow, ok, great. Thanks for the info. I guess that answers that question. What about my other questions / insights? Any thoughts?

P.S. That symbol on the carpenter's shirt. Does it mean "big"?
Old 2006-11-15, 22:28   Link #409
matsuno

Ok. heres some points answered. Crocodile looks most like an adult Luffy, as his story is that he had the same ambition as Luffy at one time, and became corrupt along the way. So no, not likely a chance at him being related to Benn Beckam.

Like has been stated, Nami's name she has now is her name that best reflects her nature, being that Nami means Wave, and understanding waves, and of course currents is means to being a Navigator. This logic follows for all the characters, so their past isnt really important beyond what we know that actually shaped them as a person.

Last, the Pirate's Summit is not a real place. its a common misinterpretation that has been taken to the extreams. That is to say, that many of the Character's refer to the Pirate's summit, meaning not a meeting of pirates, but rather, the top of the world of pirates. To become the best, as in the world where the Pirate King will be. And that part of the world is the second part of the Grand Line. Ill explain further in a spoiler, if you choose to read, its just sting what is in the second part of the GL.

Spoiler:
Old 2006-11-16, 11:30   Link #410
Climhazard
Funk Freed

What is this SBS i keep hearing people metion? (it sounds interesting)
Old 2006-11-16, 13:24   Link #411
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Climhazard View Post
What is this SBS i keep hearing people metion? (it sounds interesting)
Its bascially a question and answer section that comes with each chapter of the manga... Fans send in questions and Oda personally answers them, thus they are canon answers... If you search around you should be able to find them...

I'd link them myself, but the site is also a source for downloading the manga, thus i think it would go against forum rules...
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-16, 14:35   Link #412
Climhazard
Funk Freed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Its bascially a question and answer section that comes with each chapter of the manga... Fans send in questions and Oda personally answers them, thus they are canon answers... If you search around you should be able to find them...

I'd link them myself, but the site is also a source for downloading the manga, thus i think it would go against forum rules...
I'll try and find them now, cheers

EDIT: Found em

EDIT2: Wow so much stuff i didnt know about the origins of things in One Piece

Edit3: Or the fact that the tassle things on Buggy's hat are actually his hair.

EDIT4: Wow this is going to take a looong time to read.

EDIT5: I wonder if Bartholomew Kuma was created/named from where Oda came from? he lived in Kumamoto.

EDIT6: The biggest question of all is answered "what does 'D' stand for?", 'D' stands for Dokusha.

EDIT7: An even bigger question was just answered, Luffy's penis can infact stretch.

EDIT8: Is it ok for me to be saying this stuff?

Last edited by Climhazard; 2006-11-16 at 16:36.
Old 2006-11-16, 17:11   Link #413
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

Q: with the Enies Lobby arc finished, is One Piece at its halfway point of its story??

with all of the surprising revelations happening, i was wondering if Oda has reached One Piece's halfway point of the story.....
Ultima_Rasengan05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-16, 17:44   Link #414
Climhazard
Funk Freed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultima_Rasengan05 View Post
Q: with the Enies Lobby arc finished, is One Piece at its halfway point of its story??

with all of the surprising revelations happening, i was wondering if Oda has reached One Piece's halfway point of the story.....
I suppose nobody knows exactly where the halfway point is but the red line is the haflway on the way to Raftel (where One Piece is) so who knows, im not even sure if Oda himself knows yet.
Old 2006-11-16, 17:58   Link #415
matsuno

Actually, Oda had stated that he was approaching the half way point during the Sky Peia arc, so we are probly well into the second half already.
Old 2006-11-16, 18:14   Link #416
Climhazard
Funk Freed

Ive just found an Oda quote from the SBS:

Someone asked the question - Where do you learn fishman karate?

Oda Replied - At "Fishman Island". It's about halfway down the Grand Line. It'll probably come around sometime, so just take it easy.
Old 2006-11-16, 18:20   Link #417
matsuno

Thats a self evident quote, since we know the Mugiwara are both approaching the red line (the seperation of the two parts of the GL) and that they go through Fishman Island first. ^__^
Old 2006-11-16, 18:26   Link #418
Climhazard
Funk Freed

I just like quoting stuff since i started reading the SBS
Old 2006-11-16, 18:27   Link #419
S_C_L-1

what about Elbaf?
S_C_L-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-16, 18:31   Link #420
Climhazard