AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Forum & Site Feedback

Notices

Old 2004-06-07, 06:49   Link #101
Secca
nya`
*Artist

A bit off topic but since we're talking about sig.

Is it ok to have a vertical sig? say like over 200 pix in height, but only 80 to 100 pix wide. Like in Lina Inverse said, some just looks better vertical.
Secca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-07, 08:36   Link #102
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secca
A bit off topic but since we're talking about sig.

Is it ok to have a vertical sig? say like over 200 pix in height, but only 80 to 100 pix wide. Like in Lina Inverse said, some just looks better vertical.
No it is not OK.

There seems to be a misconception that height and width can be swapped around (i.e. 500 x 60 is the same as 60 x 500). The reason we have a height limit of 80 pixels (with no text) is because it can be very annoying to have a lot of the browser filled with just a sig. If we allowed high sigs, then one single post might fill the entire window.

The forum rules request the following.
  • Maximum imagewidth 500 pixels for all images combined.
  • Maximum imageheight 60 pixels (with maximum 2 lines of text in your signature) or 80 pixels (without any additional text in your signature) for all images combined.
  • Maximum filesize of 50000 bytes for all images combined.
  • Any annoying signature images (either because of animations or content) may be removed at the sole discretion of the administrator or moderators.
the signature rules above are loosely enforced. Basically this rule will give us the right to remove any image we deem inappropriate either because of size or content.
---

But, if you are willing to make a compromise on the filesize, then I don't mind if the vertical limits are doubled (to 120 pixels with accompanying text, or 160 pixels with no text) but only if you shrink the filesize to under 30,000 bytes.

So, normally 500 x 80 pixels and up to 50,000 bytes
or 500 x 160 pixels and under 30,000 bytes
(with no additional text or images in the sig).
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-07, 12:15   Link #103
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Send a message via AIM to hobobaggins
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid_Burn
I totally agree with you...
spam spam spammity spam.

if your mother is going to ban you from watching anime because of the sig content on this forum.. ... ... what anime do you watch exactly that doesnt have "ecchi content"? alot do...

if there was even a chance that i wouldnt be able to watch anime... off go the signatures!

T T

such strict rules!
hobobaggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-07, 13:29   Link #104
mantidor
the Iniquitous

Send a message via Yahoo to mantidor
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobobaggins
if your mother is going to ban you from watching anime because of the sig content on this forum.. ... ... what anime do you watch exactly that doesnt have "ecchi content"? alot do...
and a lot don't, and you know it, Im sure...
Quote:
if there was even a chance that i wouldnt be able to watch anime... off go the signatures!

T T

such strict rules!
Don't push it! beware what you said! we might go plain text based! , maybe is the fact that the idea came from your fav person in the forum, so you might like it after all

im obviously ing, please be carefull with what you say or we might loose your sig like sladex' FMP sigs.
mantidor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-07, 16:23   Link #105
Sid_Burn
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Sid_Burn Send a message via AIM to Sid_Burn Send a message via Yahoo to Sid_Burn
Quote:
spam spam spammity spam.

T T

such strict rules!
I only watch animes that are 90% action and 10% nudity... in other words animes that show nudity only "sometimes"...

P.S. I know you said "exactly"... but im just too lazy to write all those animes that contains less ecchi moments...
Sid_Burn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-07, 16:43   Link #106
anime_luver

Send a message via MSN to anime_luver
Quote:
spam spam spammity spam.

T T

such strict rules!
and i agree with mantidor, alot don't. its like watching regular cable tv. every program will have teenage love nowadays with kissing and alot of icky stuff, but if it has it like every five minutes, perhaps it isn't appropriate for me to watch. there are many things to watch, but we only choose some right?

ahh, it doesn't matter what i say now anyways. its just a moot point. even mods are okay with the ecchi sigs/avs . but people, at least be a little sensitive to others when putting up your sigs/avs. although many ecchi lovers are teh frequent posters, viewers of the forums greatly outnumber the frequent posters. thanks if you took this into consideration.
anime_luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-07, 16:51   Link #107
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anime_luver
although many ecchi lovers are teh frequent posters, viewers of the forums greatly outnumber the frequent posters. thanks if you took this into consideration.
no, they just havent come out of the closet about it yet

Quote:
but people, at least be a little sensitive to others when putting up your sigs/avs
yeah. thats why i have this Av.
Old 2004-06-07, 22:44   Link #108
Lina Inverse
SL Aki fanclub president

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green˛
No worries. I'll remove mine soon as I got I new AnimeSuki banner to put in there. I'll send you a custom side version, but it needs a mod approval first before you can use it here.
Thanks, but sideways it looks too odd for me, so I prefer it vertically.
Lina Inverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-07, 22:52   Link #109
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lina Inverse
Thanks, but sideways it looks too odd for me, so I prefer it vertically.
*blows whistle*

Signature size violation: just a warning. One more violation out of you and it's a day in the penalty box! :P
boneyjellyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-07, 23:08   Link #110
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyjellyfish
*blows whistle*

Signature size violation: just a warning. One more violation out of you and it's a day in the penalty box! :P
on the other hand, the size is not available, and everyone knows that means 0kb...

i guess you are right...

good god! your signature conforms to the rules!
Old 2004-06-07, 23:19   Link #111
Sakaki
Watakushi wa heiki desu!

Send a message via AIM to Sakaki
Quote:
on the other hand, the size is not available, and everyone knows that means 0kb...

i guess you are right...

good god! your signature conforms to the rules!
Not quite it's 80 pixels + 2 lines, it should only be 60 with the lines of text.

Quote:
Maximum imageheight 60 pixels (with maximum 2 lines of text in your signature) or 80 pixels (without any additional text in your signature) for all images combined.
Maximum filesize of 50000 bytes for all images combined.
Of course after seeing this, I realize mine is way out with a whopping 150. I had assumed when I uploaded it, if it was not an acceptable size the system would have rejected it, as happens on some other forums.
Sakaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-07, 23:24   Link #112
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakaki
Not quite it's 80 pixels + 2 lines, it should only be 60 with the lines of text.
The vertical limit can be stretched to 160 pixels if the file size is under 30KB. I'm well under that.

Lina Inverse's signature weighs in at an impressive 171 pixels in height.
boneyjellyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-07, 23:51   Link #113
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

It's also only 30KB so I've been leaving it alone since Lina slowed down the bounce to make it less distracting. Of course there is no guarantee that Ojisan feels the same way.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-08, 00:22   Link #114
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
Of course there is no guarantee that Ojisan feels the same way.
administrators clash!

oh the horror!

... doh! .... i guess this means i need to get my sigs Okayed by xris+NsW?

note: this is true yes? if it passes by both of you, it should fly with everone else?
Old 2004-06-08, 01:31   Link #115
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

It should. I think that Ojisan and I have very similar standards, but there are just no guarantees. About the only time that I think we disagreed was the arrows. I probably wouldn't have though that the arrows on JOJO's signature were a critical issue, but I can certainly understand why he thought so.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2004-06-08, 10:32   Link #116
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Quote:
It should. I think that Ojisan and I have very similar standards, but there are just no guarantees. About the only time that I think we disagreed was the arrows. I probably wouldn't have though that the arrows on JOJO's signature were a critical issue, but I can certainly understand why he thought so.
I are solid. --can i get banned if i first Okay it with you, and someone else declares it too rauchy? or does just get removed?--
Old 2004-06-08, 17:02   Link #117
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

I doubt that you'd get banned. The only times that someone has been banned for a signature is if they kept putting it back up after a moderator removed it, or kept putting up a different 350K signature after the first and second were removed for being too large.

If by some chance you were banned for being too raunchy after I approved your signature, I'd tell Ojisan that the fault is mine and unban you.

Old 2004-06-08, 17:12   Link #118
roguenoir
Rogue Member

Turn off images:

Tools -> Internet Options -> Advanced -> Multimedia -> *Uncheck* Show Images
roguenoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-08, 17:14   Link #119
JOJOS'STAR
*Artist

Quote:
yeah I miss those little arrows.. They were*slain by Ojisan Oh well I guess I understand it too since the poor innocent arrows were aiming an under cover area of pantsu ^^
Poor little arrows...
Old 2004-06-08, 17:17   Link #120
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by roguenoir
Turn off images:

Tools -> Internet Options -> Advanced -> Multimedia -> *Uncheck* Show Images
Waaaay overkill! It has been described earlier in this thread that you can tell the forum not to show avatars, signatures and images without needing to turn them off in your browser. This way you can still enjoy images on other websites and even see the banner at the top of the page without risking any naughty images.