AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-02-10, 02:18   Link #161
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Screenshot for Episode 4:

Episode 4 pretty much picked up from where it left off in episode 3. Not much of an action sequence other than some "heartfelt" moment between Kyouichi and Light. They just could have held hand from the beginning of the episode. It's not like I'm close minded enough to be disturbed by any yaoi implication. While I took it pretty well, I absolutely had to feel for Kyoko.

Spoiler for warning! misleading:

Animation-wise, the episode holds it's quality though there were hardly any display of complicated movements, a.k.a action sequence.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-10, 06:22   Link #162
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
ep4 was kinda low in terms of dramatic effects ~
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-10, 08:18   Link #163
wao
OK.

Eh? I was expecting a larger drop in animation in ep 4, but while there was less character movement the drawings themselves were surprisingly stable and sharp-looking as usual, and the effects were nice in a number of places!

More importantly, I was impressed by the framing and composition of the episode in many parts. The explosions in the city and stuff were quite surprisingly well done in order and really conveyed the sense of scale (well, pretty well for a TV animation).

While the story remains standard flimsy shounen material as usual, it was actually far from painfully bad (to me, anyway)...

Looking forward to future eps, at any rate. I always get a kick out of the guy who appears to be against the Main Characters but then joins their side early on (...I seem to get a kick out of a lot of things.)

I couldn't believe this was a Korean-outsourced ep, though. I think it must have been the meticulous animation directing (4 animation directors!) and the effect of the storyboarding, which, btw was by the director Shinji Ishihira and Jun Nakai himself.
Old 2007-02-11, 05:05   Link #164
SeroganeX

Send a message via AIM to SeroganeX
My thoughts on episode 2 (Shinsen-Subs) & Some questions:

Spoiler:

Oh yeah, does anyone know the name of the song that was playing at the end of Shinsen-subs's episode 2, during the explanations?

Edit: Tsuki no Niji - Takahashi Naozumi from Black Blood Brothers. Now I just have to find the song.
SeroganeX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-11, 08:24   Link #165
Drytchnath
Sexual Tyrannosaurus Rex

*sigh* All this gay talk is starting to sour my views on the show. It was ok in Outlaw Star b/c it was only 1 character and it was kinda funny. Same goes for Papillon in Busou Renkin. But when it tries to be romantic, even implied shounen-ai makes me want to stop watching anime...guess I'm just tired of Japan's infatuation w/ gay couplings.
Guess I'll just have to see for myself and try to stay away from the forums and more importantly tagged spoilers
Drytchnath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-11, 09:14   Link #166
Harlequin101

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcxcxcc View Post
the thing that i dont like is the hair thingy i forgot how u called those starts with an "a"....anyways great anime show(i hope they keep it that way)... by the way who is subing this
You don't like ahoge!?

If you pull it off, then the character becomes evil. Scientifically proven!

Regarding the show, the jumps from scene to scene are pretty interesting, since I don't remember many anime series using it (or managing to pull it off well, if they did). Fights are nice, story is serious without being serious business.
Harlequin101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-11, 11:37   Link #167
masama
use the fōrks ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
ep4 was kinda low in terms of dramatic effects ~
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

The one thing that keeps me watching Tokyo Majin is to find out why Hiyuu is so fixated in saving people, it's not really his fault but he does take it upon himself quite harshly. The reason is probably something cliché but I still watch it just for Komaki
masama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-11, 12:17   Link #168
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

yes his reason for wanting to protect strangers could be a bit cliche ~ one classic example would be for him to have trauma shocks from the past ~ maybe he lost his parents to the monsters? O.o

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Old 2007-02-11, 17:28   Link #169
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
yes his reason for wanting to protect strangers could be a bit cliche ~ one classic example would be for him to have trauma shocks from the past ~ maybe he lost his parents to the monsters? O.o
I agree with Deathkillz that is the conclusion i have to come to as well. Granted it may be a bit cliche. But its one of the traits that I like about him, and it fits his personality well. Protecting people you dont know while putting your life on the line is a very good trait
Old 2007-02-11, 18:29   Link #170
Jesus Christnekoff

aroduc >> The Crow Boy is named Karasu Ryouichi. Or was in the game, I haven't watched Episode 4 yet.

...he... he looks a little different in the game:
Spoiler:

As for why everyone hates Aoi: (Image heavy)
Spoiler:

And why I still hate !animeMaria
Spoiler:

And I hope these scenes actually happen in the anime:
Spoiler:
Jesus Christnekoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-11, 20:51   Link #171
xcxcxcc

ahoge thats the word...actualy i take that back at first i thought that they made the characters look bad but n/m they look better with it.

anyways my friend said that he played the game and he says that kyouichi turns out to be gay is this true???

also i was wondering who does aoi like are there any hints of romantic relationships in the game or w/e????
xcxcxcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-11, 22:28   Link #172
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

I think that the shoujo ai route is best for Aoi and leave Hiyu for Kyoichi.

Spoiler:
Old 2007-02-11, 22:54   Link #173
Jesus Christnekoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
I think that the shoujo ai route is best for Aoi and leave Hiyu for Kyoichi.

Spoiler:
Re: Spoiler cut:
Spoiler:
Old 2007-02-12, 04:51   Link #174
SeroganeX

Send a message via AIM to SeroganeX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus Christnekoff View Post

As for why everyone hates Aoi: (Image heavy)
Spoiler:
Is THAT what Aoi was doing? Investigating the old school building all by herself? I figured with my broken Japanese that maybe she had to go there because of some student council bullshit and whatnot. Well, maybe it's more fun this way.

I have this theory as to why they made Kyouichi a total bastard: So that Aoi has a reason to like Hiyuu. Kyouichi totally hates Aoi, but befriends Hiyuu, so naturally Aoi would be interested in the person who manages to befriend the guy that totally hates her guts. Well that and being a transfer student I guess.
SeroganeX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-12, 05:04   Link #175
Doria

Yeah, she seemed pretty interested in him even before he arrived at the school. I can't remember ever taking such a keen interest in a transfer student before I even met them, but maybe their school is just *really* boring...
Doria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-12, 07:44   Link #176
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

you cant call him crow boy in the game cause obviously hes a crow man O.o

and hey everyone likes the "mysterious transfer student" archetype (as dictated by haruhi )

Old 2007-02-12, 13:31   Link #177
Jesus Christnekoff

Aoi cares about EVERYONE! She is a river of compassion and caring and love that never runs dry and flows to every living creature! Especially shaggy haired exchange students. Unfortunately, she also has a God-complex, so she's kind of stuck up and unless you do EVERYTHING right in the game, she won't show up for you after graduation or go on a date during Christmas. Which is weird because she spends the rest of the game with her lips planted firmly on Hiyuu's ass... Oh Aoi, you suck at life.
Old 2007-02-12, 15:36   Link #178
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus Christnekoff View Post
Aoi cares about EVERYONE! She is a river of compassion and caring and love that never runs dry and flows to every living creature! Especially shaggy haired exchange students. Unfortunately, she also has a God-complex, so she's kind of stuck up and unless you do EVERYTHING right in the game, she won't show up for you after graduation or go on a date during Christmas. Which is weird because she spends the rest of the game with her lips planted firmly on Hiyuu's ass... Oh Aoi, you suck at life.

I was feeling the blues for it's being another monday, but I'm doing much better at the moment. Nicely done!
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-12, 19:29   Link #179
Jesus Christnekoff

You wanna know what makes that post even funnier? A scene in Chapter 4 of the game:
Spoiler:
Old 2007-02-13, 00:16   Link #180
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

I like this show a whole lot. It's only one of the three winter season anime I'm following, and that isn't a whole lot.
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, supernatural