AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-04-16, 15:49   Link #341
Seska

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus IX View Post
Haha. That was already more (male-oriented) fanservice than we got in the entirety of Fafner. Just be glad that XEBEC lavished so much attention on their butts.
Indeed, they have a bit to much Atomic-butts... but i don't complain
Seska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-16, 19:50   Link #342
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Haha. That was already more (male-oriented) fanservice than we got in the entirety of Fafner. Just be glad that XEBEC lavished so much attention on their butts.
I knew there was a reason why i drop that show after 5 eps. So many cute girls they keep showing yaoi fanservice not mention i detest the main character.
Old 2007-04-16, 21:22   Link #343
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

No way you can get the psychic twins naked in the shower with Age, unless it's a doujin XD.

But that scene sure makes a very very good doujin..... mmmm twins....
Old 2007-04-16, 22:56   Link #344
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

I thought they would be annoying, but I actually like the twins. Age is the best character so far, of course, but the princess, Aneesha & the other ladies have plenty of potential. The only character I outright dislike at this point is Iolaus. I'm amazed at how obnoxious he manages to be with relatively few lines & on-screen appearances.
Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-16, 23:50   Link #345
Drytchnath
Sexual Tyrannosaurus Rex

Quote:
I thought they would be annoying, but I actually like the twins. Age is the best character so far, of course, but the princess, Aneesha & the other ladies have plenty of potential. The only character I outright dislike at this point is Iolaus. I'm amazed at how obnoxious he manages to be with relatively few lines & on-screen appearances.
I forsee Iolaus becoming to Heroic Age what Suzaku was to Code Geass. I can't stand characters with an overbearing "holier than thou" attitude in anime, especially when they dont really seem to do much. Although teleportation is a pretty neat ability...
Drytchnath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-17, 02:55   Link #346
ccardoso
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drytchnath View Post
I forsee Iolaus becoming to Heroic Age what Suzaku was to Code Geass. I can't stand characters with an overbearing "holier than thou" attitude in anime, especially when they dont really seem to do much. Although teleportation is a pretty neat ability...
Suzaku? No please...
I hated that character like no other, he even surpassed Shinn of GSD!
ccardoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-17, 07:37   Link #347
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

What sort of irks me at this point is his jealousy over Age and the princess. I could understand that if he and the princess had been best buds or something before now, but he's never been close to her, has he?
Old 2007-04-17, 09:23   Link #348
humski
*Fansubber

nope his never, close to her.

wondering is there something going to happen with age x princess? it'd really piss off Iolaus!! yes
humski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-17, 09:50   Link #349
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Well he's a knight and his princess decided to favour a barbarian instead of him... pretty typical situation imo.
Old 2007-04-17, 10:01   Link #350
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Eh, I guess. They did manage to make even the immensely unlikeable Soushi a sympathetic character by the end of Fafner, so we'll see.
Old 2007-04-17, 10:11   Link #351
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Its pretty obvious that Iolaus has feelings for the hime, it was blatant from ep 1. At the moment i see him as a brother getting miffed off cause his sister/mum is paying attention to his new younger bro.

Also, he dosent have the ability to teleport. Thats a function of his armour. You get to see it working fully in the first ep. Its back opens up, the two bar things start to spin and glow, then he teleports.

So far only the hime seems to have any actual special abilities
Tiamat's Disciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-17, 10:23   Link #352
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taliesin View Post
Also, he dosent have the ability to teleport. Thats a function of his armour. You get to see it working fully in the first ep. Its back opens up, the two bar things start to spin and glow, then he teleports.
Actually, he has. He literally showed his teleportation powers in episode 2, without the mecha. The mecha's backpack probably allows him to amplify his own powers to the mecha, but it's his own power that's allows him to teleport. None of the other mechas are shown to have teleportation capabilities to say the least.

And yeah, Tobikage vibes are strong here, with the whole knight/princess/outsider saviour situation.

Episode 3 was somewhat dissapointing. The animation consistency dropped, and the pacing was all over the place. It had character development for most part, but the more technical aspects made me feel like they're trying to over-explain it.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-17, 11:14   Link #353
Seska

I hope it would turn out this:

Envoy->Hate->betrayal>Dark Jedimaster

and yes, so far no Male has ever approached the Hime-sama so nearly like Age (Well, of course the first male where they found it out).
I wonder if they will build in a scene, where some male will accidentally touch her, can it be in a combat or shake of the ship cause of a direct hit. What will happen to her? will she freaks out, and going on a PSI killing spree? Or will the male get hurts?
Please give us a reason, why only females can be near to her, or Age (even if they say, cause of his true heart)...

...and you don't need to go into details, to explain. How the Trans-warp and the Active-Warp functions. Let this more for the magazines. You selling a story displayed in a anime. please let the details for the magazines. I only want to enjoy the story, i don't need to know how exactly they can jump.

Last edited by Seska; 2007-04-17 at 15:00.
Old 2007-04-17, 12:26   Link #354
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
So far only the hime seems to have any actual special abilities
Ahem.

You're forgetting the Twins.
Old 2007-04-17, 14:57   Link #355
Seska

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
Ahem.

You're forgetting the Twins.
and Iolaus (See Episode 02) and you understand it.

And i bet, every female around Hime-sama (Princess/Queen), has some PSI tricks.
Old 2007-04-17, 18:46   Link #356
Lost

Quote:
What sort of irks me at this point is his jealousy over Age and the princess. I could understand that if he and the princess had been best buds or something before now, but he's never been close to her, has he?
Eh.. he might be that way because he may be in line to court/marry her? So far, I personally don't feel that Iolaus is particularly obnoxious - I think it's only natural to react that way when a stranger (who is more powerful than him, to boot) comes up to your most idolised Princess and trivialises all the respect/adulation you have shown her by coming within a 1 m radius of her body and talking to her like a monkey.

As for being close, I don't think you can say that any MALE in the Iron Tribe universe has come close to the Hime, and that's the whole problem. It's their culture that no male can approach the hime, they start love from a distance (if I'm making some sense with my vulgar words) - so he might very well have been close to her (by a sort of proxy).
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-17, 18:51   Link #357
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

The use of the "saru" epithet kind of annoys me too. I can actually understand why Iolaus says that, but I find it to be really unprofessional coming from the bearded commander (?) dude. I guess I'm solidly on Age's side here, as the other characters haven't given us much to work with yet.
Old 2007-04-17, 19:04   Link #358
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

I just watched ep 2 again, and nothing shows iolaus teleporting without the mecha. Only time he teleports in this ep is during the battle at the end to avoid Belcross. And he's in the mecha then, also his mecha is totaly different from all the others. Its the only one with the backpack on it, and remember in the first ep the other two had to latch onto him to teleport.

Yeah i forgot the twins, that said they didnt really show any major abilities till ep 3. The little we saw in ep 1 i put down to some sort of technology rather than esp. After ep 3 though its clear they're demons in disguise :P

@Lost: I disagree. The Hime seems to be the only female (thus far) that avoids male contact. In ep 2 they say the reason why. Any male that gets close to her causes her to pass out. And they refer to Age as being a true pure hearted person. Im guessing her power lets her feel or read the thoughts of those around her. Which considering the vast magority of the guys seem to be at the age when they've only one thing on their mind >.< might cause a few problems. None of the other women have trouble aproaching men, and Aesha seems to like spending time with iolaus.

As for calling Age 'saru', well in all fairness, he is a monkey >.<

You have to consider that they've had this vision of some wise all powerful man going to come and lead them to a victory. They built him up and put him on a huge pedastle, almost worshipping him. Then to find out its a kid (though from ep 3 im guessing he's older than all of them), who cant count, and is practically a 6 year old. Their idol has suddenly fallen, got to expect a huge boat of resentment and disapointment for that. Even the hime kinda of understood it, her comments about how he'd ight for them no matter what they said or thought pointed to that.

Last edited by Tiamat's Disciple; 2007-04-17 at 19:17.
Old 2007-04-17, 19:07   Link #359
Lost

Quote:
I just watched ep 2 again, and nothing shows iolaus teleporting without the mecha.
Timestamp 10:25. Watch from 10:21 and look closely.
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-17, 19:49   Link #360
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

hmmm i missed that >.<

Going to get very boring then if they all have special abilities. kinda takes the fun out of being an under-dog lol

Tags
action, science fiction