AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-10-07, 12:21   Link #21
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I watched the movie the other day with a friend who also watched the first series. We both thought the production technologies displayed there included a substantially greater amount of animation than in the original series.

For that series, they made a "behind-the-scenes" show for that one which showed the puppeteers below a large stage. Most of the explosions were squibs. I'd like to see another glimpse into the methods behind this season as well.

There was a lot less action in the first episode here compared to the movie to know which techniques they will rely on more this season. Of course, they had a budgetary infusion to make the movie, some of which will presumably spill over into TF2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
glad the guitar guy is on Shang's side, he seems neat.
Mouth movements have never been a strong point of this art form, but the demon lute really hammers that home.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-08, 08:35   Link #22
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Shang is still in a fail streak. Next episode he would presumably be troubled by the Yin Shi (again) no thanks to Gale (again). Guy just can't catch a break
Old 2018-10-08, 09:32   Link #23
B214

Well Shang sure is loved by the Enigmatic Gale, in a very unneeded way.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-08, 12:27   Link #24
HandofFate

anyone with prior knowledge of these works know if some of these swords being shown are taken from their many previous works as a wink or reference
Old 2018-10-08, 13:17   Link #25
Jimmy C

Yes. According to those familiar with Pili's other series, several of the swords indeed were used by characters in those series.

And the sword that spoke in episode 2 is from the anime Red Dragon, which was based on an RPG session played by Urobuchi, Nasu and a few others. That sword was used by Gen's character.
Jimmy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-08, 17:39   Link #26
bakato

Shang coaster is on its way to crashing while Lin warms up to glasses. I gotta say Lin is doinga great job of acting like a villain.
Old 2018-10-08, 19:42   Link #27
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
I gotta say Lin is doinga great job of acting like a villain.
He has always been a villain so he doesn't need to 'act' like one. You should say he was doing a great job acting like a hero in the previous season
edit:
Also

Gale "It would not be out of the question for her to be deceived by a rogue with a mastery of deceit"
Yeah, that's REALLY rich coming from you

Last edited by erneiz_hyde; 2018-10-09 at 00:52.
erneiz_hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-15, 11:25   Link #28
bakato

Weird. I thought this monk dude was the evil boss, but it seems he's a bystander. I wonder what his role is gonna be. The Yin's proudly continue the long tradition of being fucking morons. Lin finally returns for a love triangle with our hero. Will the musician be able woe Shang's heart before Lin can steal it?
Old 2018-10-15, 11:30   Link #29
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Lin continues his shtick of bullshitting his way through everything

"When in trouble, you ask your friend for help"
Old 2018-10-16, 08:03   Link #30
B214

I wonder how he's going to help? Chop of Shang's leg?
Old 2018-10-16, 20:37   Link #31
bakato

There's still more one mystery character who's yet to make her debut.
Old 2018-10-16, 23:19   Link #32
HandofFate

so far, feel like the impact of this season isn't as strong as s1 right now.

the plot of S1 was pretty quick and clean.

Here the scroll is the focus, but they're throwing so many new characters at us every episode.

I do like the monk though.
Old 2018-10-17, 02:37   Link #33
B214

Well it's probably because they intend for there to be more seasons ahead and is planning for more characters that will become a regular like Shang and Lin.
Old 2018-10-17, 08:35   Link #34
chaos_alfa

I hope eventually Xíng Hài will show up again. There aren't many female characters in the cast and she could spice things up a bit, by introducing a new faction to deal with.
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-19, 00:53   Link #35
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

It just occured to me. Betsutengai from last season had the title "bones of creation". Up till now I thought that meant "bones that has the power to create". But after seeing the kanji and thinking a bit more, I think it means closer to "the one who reduces everthing in creation to a pile of bones". Or in cooler terms, "the ruin of all creation".
Old 2018-10-22, 11:36   Link #36
bakato

One of my minor gripes I had this season was how there were so many people crossing the wastelands after it was hyped to be impossible to survive. Lin said it best. At this rate, the wastelands were gonna lose their reputation for being dangerous and the worst part for me was it diminished Shang's achievement. Urobuchi's answer to this was comical as it was awesome. Shang basically nerfed the wastelands difficulty by killing all the dangers while trying to pass himself.
Old 2018-10-29, 08:53   Link #37
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Spoiler for episode 5:

Btw, it's been at the back of my mind since season 2, but does anyone else feels like every episode up till now there is always someone within the episode "holding the idiot ball"? Basically every episode has somebody screwing up somehow.
Old 2018-10-29, 09:15   Link #38
B214

I really like how Lin prefers to use tricks to defeat his opponents over using his sword. I think it's an interesting bit to have considering how skilled he is with a sword.
Old 2018-10-29, 11:16   Link #39
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
Spoiler for episode 5:

Btw, it's been at the back of my mind since season 2, but does anyone else feels like every episode up till now there is always someone within the episode "holding the idiot ball"? Basically every episode has somebody screwing up somehow.
How so and who's holding it this episode?

Quote:
Originally Posted by B214 View Post
I really like how Lin prefers to use tricks to defeat his opponents over using his sword. I think it's an interesting bit to have considering how skilled he is with a sword.
That was the whole point of his revelation in season 1.

Don't know why I was worried they'd dragon Shang's plight for another episode. I loved Lang and now I love him even more for trying to kill Lin. Definitely the best person to deal with him.
Old 2018-10-29, 11:30   Link #40
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
How so and who's holding it this episode?
The first 2 eps Shang was in a fail streak. The next 2 episode the ball passed to Xie. This episode, Kuang somehow firmly believed that no help will come to Shang so he takes his time killing him. Could be just my imagination that's why I asked if anyone else feels the same.

EDIT: Oh I just realized after seeing the sub that when Lang fought the dragon the background music can be interpreted as Lang actually singing that song! That's really cool.

Last edited by erneiz_hyde; 2018-10-30 at 01:39.
erneiz_hyde is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action