AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > True Tears

Notices

View Poll Results: True Tears - Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 46 35.11%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 41 31.30%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 12.21%
7 out of 10 : Good 12 9.16%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.53%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.76%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 2.29%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 1.53%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.76%
1 out of 10 : Painful 7 5.34%
Voters: 131. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-03-24, 12:44   Link #141
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by vio5555 View Post
@ Theowne

I don't know who was claiming that Hiromi was the lead female but they couldn't be more wrong.

Shin and Noe are the main protagonists of True Tears regardless of who Shin ends up with..., Hiromi is a close second female to Noe, but Hiromi is still second on the pecking order of importance to Noe from the plot's perspective. That has nothing to do with pairings; it's just a realization of their roles in the story; just look at the ED when they're walking with Noe in the central lead spot. There has been no indication over the 12 episodes that their roles have switched either..., since the central focus of the latter plot has been this story that Shin is writing for Noe and Shin's dance.
Theowne said someone said Noe was a minor character, nothing about Hiromi being the lead character. Shin, Noe, Hiromi are obviously main characters, Tomoyo, Nobuse and Shin's parents are minor characters. Depending on your definition of main/minor character you place Aiko and Jun where you want.

As for Noe having the lead spot in the ED i thought it was because Hiromi was the central figure in the first scene of the OP. A swap between the two lead females sorta like how the OP single has Noe on the cover while the ED single has Hiromi on the cover.
Old 2008-03-24, 12:57   Link #142
vio5555

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Theowne said someone said Noe was a minor character, nothing about Hiromi being the lead character. Shin, Noe, Hiromi are obviously main characters, Tomoyo, Nobuse and Shin's parents are minor characters. Depending on your definition of main/minor character you place Aiko and Jun where you want.

As for Noe having the lead spot in the ED i thought it was because Hiromi was the central figure in the first scene of the OP. A swap between the two lead females sorta like how the OP single has Noe on the cover while the ED single has Hiromi on the cover.
Yeah, I'll give you that; but I don't see any indication anywhere that anyone's labeled Noe as minor... and I guess you haven't either.
Old 2008-03-24, 13:00   Link #143
Westlo
Lets be reality

I'm still waiting on the PM since he doesn't want to single anyone out I'm guessing it's a case of him misreading something.
Old 2008-03-24, 13:41   Link #144
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
wow.

after watching dragonaut, which was a horrific accident, pile up of trains, bikes and anything you can think off.

Watching this episode was almost as painful, nothing spectacular, but it was quite a refreshing to actually see a deliberate orchestrated accident.

seeing the vehicles crumple and the bodies fly (literally)

haruhi i hate this episode, the way the main character just seems to IGNORE things, i dunno what's worse, teh BLINDNESS or the teh STUPID.

well, at the leased latter can be amusing.

the former is nothing to laugh about.
Old 2008-03-24, 14:12   Link #145
w00tness
zetsuboushita...

Quote:
Originally Posted by vio5555 View Post
@ Theowne

I don't know who was claiming that Hiromi was the lead female but they couldn't be more wrong.

Shin and Noe are the main protagonists of True Tears regardless of who Shin ends up with..., Hiromi is a close second female to Noe, but Hiromi is still second on the pecking order of importance to Noe from the plot's perspective. That has nothing to do with pairings; it's just a realization of their roles in the story; just look at the ED when they're walking with Noe in the central lead spot. There has been no indication over the 12 episodes that their roles have switched either..., since the central focus of the latter plot has been this story that Shin is writing for Noe and Shin's dance.

I assume you're talking about jaisrh, but I think you're misinterpreting what he says... (unless you're talking about me). He was saying that he thought the story was about the course that ShinxHiromi travels through, but that's not necessarily ignoring Noe's role in the story. Noe's true tears are still the focus regardless of what the final pairing is...
I would think that both Hiromi and Noe are the leads (uhm, to me it seems kinda obvious, but I dont know how you guys see stuff). I mean, if one was an obvious lead over the other, then the ending would not be so "up in the air" as people think. I used to think that Hiromi was the main lead, and I dont think that thinking was so wrong either. Mainly, if you rewatch the first episode, everything starts with Shins drawings of Hiromi, and how he wanted to make her cry (heh).

Even after the introduction of Noe, I was sure that Hiromi was the main lead, and everything else are just events that would lead to her being together with Shin. However, in the last couple episodes, I realize how strong Shin's feelings for Noe actually are (though I cant help but feel that part of those feelings he has for her stems from guilt), and I have to accept that Noe is very much a main character too.

As for the arguments of who comes first in the ed, or in the op, etc etc. Uhm, those are irrelevant imo.

Thoughts on this episode:

1) <3 Hiromi. I love how she told Ai that shes the girlfriend, and Ai's shocked look was priceless.
2) <3 Jun. I didnt expect this from him, but I guess I underestimated his love for Noe. I thought that he would be able to have better control over his own feelings, but evidently he does not think so, hence he feels he needs to be physically away from Noe till he can get over her. I wonder how Noe will cope with life without him, assuming Shin doesnt choose her. That would be such a bad end for her :'(

3) Im... I dont know what to think of Noe. Once again, the way she handles her problems is not one I can relate to. Carrying a chicken around... hugging her chicken box at home... Singing weird songs... Telling Shins voice in her head to shut up... and jumping off a very tall tree... Nope, you may try to explain however you like about them all being a reflection of her true feelings, but I cannot relate. Good metaphor is like the methaphors employed in ef ~atale of memories. Metaphor in direction and story telling. I can give that Shin's drawings and his personification of them chickens can be employed as good metaphor. But for a person to do such strange things, and expect it to be applauded as metaphor? No.

4) </3 Shin. Very much. Of course, I understand that in a way, his actions this episode are "needed" to ensure that the final pairing stays up in the air in preparation for the grand finale next week, but these same actions are not.. right! In the past, I have applauded this anime as a realistic one, where rationality and logic is second to irrational feeling and emotion. Where the characters all have very real flaws, flaws which cause them to be disliked by others, but beloved by me BECAUSE those very flaws could be rationalized via irrational feelings and emotions. ie: He/she did that because of love. However, I really cannot explain Shins choices anymore, rationally or otherwise.

-He finds Noe but doesnt talk to her (About anything, youve been looking for her all over, talk to her, bring her home? Didnt you want to talk to her about the picture book? Dont just leave her there?).

-His conversations with Hiromi. You know, by -now- you -should- have a pretty good idea on who you want to choose right? I dont see you going "Oh who should I choose..." in your daydreams anymore... If youre going to be with her, dont be so... meh (for lack of a better word) with her after your dance. If you dont want to be with her, dont accept her help in dressing up, or at least dont accept it so naturally. Normal friends dont do stuff like that. The ONLY reason for you to treat her the way youre treating her is to keep the viewers undecided on the final pairing, and imo that takes a lot away from the realism of the anime.

-His obsession with the picture book and how Noe made him draw it. Noe fans make a huge deal about this, but I would like to point out that all this while his goal was to draw Hiromi, his problem was in his drawings Hiromi was always crying, but in real life she was not, and that made him want to make Hiromi cry (heh). The chicken book was something he started later to make Noe happy, and something that made him happy too over time as Noe gave him encouragement on it. However the part that made me upset was how he credited Noe with making him draw, but forgot to mention that he was drawing in the first place because of Hiromi. Sure, Noe gave you encouragement, but you never gave Hiromi the chance to give you encouragement anyway.

Ok. I wrote a wall of text. Sorry.

tldr: I hate Shin.
Old 2008-03-24, 14:24   Link #146
vio5555

Quote:
Originally Posted by w00tness View Post
tldr: I hate Shin.
I guess I can concede to you on the first point; I think it's fine to see Hiromi and Noe as equals or to see Noe as possibly slightly more important than Hiromi or vice versa even I suppose. You're right that there are arguments that can be made for any of those 3 views and perhaps none is really wrong. Personally, I just think there are indications that regardless of the final pairing, I think Noe's true tears makes her slightly more important than Hiromi but I think it's a nuance more to how I view the show than to anything proveable.

In any case, I finally managed to watch it in an understandable form, and I too have come around to liking Jun a lot more than I did in the previous episodes.

I was going to drop him into the villain category if he had gone after Hiromi, but I think he redeemed himself by finally being honest to himself.

Shin, on the other hand, has really fallen because I have no idea what he meant by "doing things properly" anymore, since he hasn't really done that at all and now we have to wait till episode 13 to see what he finally plans to do.

Apparently by "doing things properly" he meant (as of now): I'm going to waffle around (like every other worthless harem lead) until we reach the point of no return and Noe has tried to jump/fly off of a tree. I'm still holding out hope that he can redeem himself somehow, but we'll have to wait on that for next week.
Old 2008-03-24, 14:34   Link #147
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
I think in the episode shin has pretty much realised he hasn't done "things properly" which is why we see him in a self-loathing and depressed state, metaphorically trying to hide from his emotional conflict (shouting in the futon storage space) and the lack of action on his part.

so in the end he gives up, and focus on the one thing he has to do...the festival dance.

but then he start thinking of the silly book, to the point he ignores hiromi, his selfishness is quite evident here.

right now, it has only been hiromi who's been on the attack, shin just been going for the ride.

it only takes radical situation for him to actually act, right now, Noe has force his hand.

But i suspect that Hiromi will be doing something radical as well, just to get his attention.

it's a bit like a badly trained dog, to only get attention from the master for any sort of positive appraisal the girls are all going barking mad since they realised it's the only thing that makes him turn his head.

Old 2008-03-24, 14:42   Link #148
Theowne
耳をすませば

I thought the Jun/Noe scene was handled very well. I couldn't imagine how they could portray the scene without it being horribly awkward and strange but they did it in a natural and sensitive way, and Jun came off better for it.

My Site - Reviews collection, Sheet music, and etc.
Anime reviews/blog, piano arrangements, Studio Ghibli..
Old 2008-03-24, 14:44   Link #149
AznSoulBoy
Syouke

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyhawk View Post
In the previous episode when Hiromi kissed Shin, a certain number of people were like, yay!
In this episode when Shin said he knew from the bottom of his heart Noe was the reason for him to draw and we could see her image reflected in his eyes, the same certain number of people state that Shin is simply going to dump/"take care of" Noe before going back to Hiromi, and complain about the writers being evil.
WHATEVER.
Spoiler for Promise:
Well, it's been a while I didn't post a comment here even I've read all the comments. I was kinda too lazy since I post my comments in RC.
First, we are not that happy when Hiromi kissed Shin. Yeah sure it was unexpected but it was kinda awkward. He wasn't really shocked and he was still thinking about Noe. How could we be like yay!?

My position was neutral but right after they've developped more about Hiromi and after what happened in episode 10. I'm rooting for Hiromi now.
Episode 10 was the episode for Hiromi fan that we went like yay? lol.

I still like Noe though, but she's acting too weird like someone said earlier (singing,taking the chicken...etc.) At first, it was cute now it's kinda *meh. I still like the song though, I laugh at this song each time I heard it.

and I agreed with everything u said wootness.

Also, this episode was heartbreaking when Hiromi said "dont leave me behind" it was kinda ouch. I feel a little of hatred toward Shin. Since he is in "depressing state" and thinking about that damn book lol. I feel really bad for her after what she has been through now Shin has the opportunity to be with her but that damn guy must be "meh " with her. Arghh, my tension is going up. I will stop talking about him. Wootness said everything I want to say about him lol.

anyway, good luck for both sides.

I would laugh my ass off if shin ends up alone. I just want a good ending. I don't really care if he will end up with Noe. Sure, I want Hiromi ending though.

Oh, someone said "for once childhood friend will lose" something like that. Well unfortunately, childhood friend always loses in harem series =(.

Btw, Hiromi kinda reminds me of Kotonoha when she laughs or when she is like O.O. lol.

Last edited by AznSoulBoy; 2008-03-24 at 16:21.
Old 2008-03-24, 15:04   Link #150
Vulcannis

I also think that Jun intentionally stopped and paused before kissing Noe, as he was just trying to show her what he was really talking about. Since she wasn't understanding his explanation. More interesting though was that he started explaining the whole contract thing with Shin but then caught himself. I wonder how the rest of the day would have gone if Noe had that additional burden?

The first really unexpected point of the episode for me was when Hiromi was musing with Shin about the best place to watch his dance from. He replied something along the lines of it not mattering, at which point my jaw dropped in disbelief. The shot of Hiromi's stiff, speechless reaction was well done.

Yah know, I'm really starting to get tired of all the whole melodrama due to the romantic leads simply failing to talk to each other. I first got irked by it in Bokura ga Ita, but it's one of those anime staples that needs to die. Feh. It seems Shin hasn't explained jack to Hiromi, and the so-called drama that results is real stale. I've really enjoyed TT, and like most of the characters and their portrayal, but Shin's recent behaviour should have stayed in the cliche garbage bin.
Old 2008-03-24, 15:23   Link #151
Theowne
耳をすませば

Quote:
Yah know, I'm really starting to get tired of all the whole melodrama due to the romantic leads simply failing to talk to each other. I first got irked by it in Bokura ga Ita, but it's one of those anime staples that needs to die.
This is what I don't quite understand. I still have no clue why Hiromi didn't just dispel the rumors about Jun in episode 11. What could she have possibly lost by doing so? Similarly, if Shin is actually chasing Noe to try and bring her down gently and break up, then why doesn't he say so to Hiromi? What is there to lose by doing so? If we assume he wants to be with Hiromi and knows as such, then it seems that telling Hiromi that he feels he has to finish things properly with Noe first would seem much better than what he did, which is lie and make it obvious he was lying. That just creates a much bigger suspicion. The choice to lie about it would suggest that Shin hasn't made up his mind yet.

Old 2008-03-24, 15:31   Link #152
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

There is just so much to say regarding this episode! Wall of text approaching...

From the beginning of True Tears, I've always been dead certain that it was going to be a Hiromi X Shinchiro ending. This is due to the large amount of harem shows I've seen in the past, and my experience with them. This show has managed to do the unexpected to me though and prove that it is being slightly unorthodox in its approach. I thought when Aiko kissed Shinchiro and when Noe became Shinchiro's girlfriend, that was it, and they were screwed over. But with what happened over the last 3-4 episodes, the writers have created a huge cloud of doubt. I'm now actually sure that Noe is going to win (Which I'll be happy about since Hiromi has proven to be unlikeable to me) and this is a nice change from your average harem show.

I think people have been pretty much describing very well why everything is pointing to Noe at this point. The picture book is a mirror image of Shinchiro's life. He writes about how Raigomaru wants to fly, his relationship with Noe, and then suddenly how Raigomaru loses his desire to fly, when he gets closer to Hiromi, and now he is finishing his story with Raigomaru flying, he chased after Noe. I couldn't believe that I haven't caught this till this episode. I think if it truly is a Noe ending, it was beautifully done. (Also the only girl Shinchiro hasn't kissed on the lips yet, and the only girl yet to have cried is Noe after all...)

Now in regards to certain things that happened in this episode.

Jun actually came out with his sister complex, which although it was pretty obvious that it did exist, I never would have thought that he would come out with it to Noe directly. I thought perhaps he would let Shinchiro know that this was the reason behind his actions up to this point. I must say, the scene was intense, and Jun cried!

Hiromi goes up to Noe and tells her to stay away because she has finally managed to see eye to eye with Shinchiro. This is perhaps the best example of why I dislike Hiromi as a person. She's just plain mean. Why is such a comment warranted? In this respect, she is just like Shinchiro's Mom in the beginning.

Shinchrio visiting Nobuse at the stand. I found this scene quite funny, seriously what is Shinchrio doing .

Shinchiro's resolution in the closet. I don't know why people think that he is being redundant in his cause. He is just realizing that he only thought he was making everything right by going towards Hiromi and ignoring Noe and such, but he really hasn't done anything. Unlike the last time he made his resolution, this didn't seem to be made on impulse, but rather on observation of his circumstances. I think this especially appropriate considering people do this in real life all the time. For example, I say that this school semester I'm going to improve my grades, but they don't improve because I haven't changed anything and then I realize this and actually decide to make appropriate changes. I found this very easy to relate to myself, perhaps others have not.

Now we have all of Noe's actions in this episode leading to the jump! She realized at the beginning that the chicken didn't fly because it chose not to. This is in direct reference to Shinchiro and he knew it too. Noe is gone and confused the entire time about her feelings, she just can't seem to get Shinchiro out of her heart. She is further confused when Jun expresses himself to her in an unexpected way. Poor Noe feels she doesn't understand anything and starts to feel alone in the world as even her brother seemingly is leaving her. With the world seemingly crashing down on her emotionally, she takes the opportunity to try and fly away from the tree, but yea... I think she'll be all right though, and there is definitely going to be some therapy sessions next episode.

This episode I thought just follows the course of the story that the writers have intended since the beginning. Unlike the monstrosity that was Myself;Yourself, this is a coherent storyline. I give this episode a 9.5, but for rounding up purposes I rated it a 10 in the poll.

I don't know what to say about all the Shinchiro hate going around in this thread though. Especially those of you who have been comparing him to the legendary Makoto of School Days, he is seriously no where close to being there. I would agree with you if he decided to rape Noe in the snow there, but that is not likely...

First of all, I would just need to ask you people who hate Shinchiro why you would want whoever you're shipping with in this show to be with him. That's quite cruel don't you think? To leave your beloved character with someone who you hate... Perhaps you should say that you're frustrated with some of his actions like others, not actually hate him if that is the case. I can understand if people are frustrated with him as he clearly shows indecisiveness, but I would often wonder if you guys yourselves are very decisive and if you are criticizing Shinchiro because he is being too real of a character. Well that is pretty much all I have to say regarding him.

My biggest worry for next episode is if they are going to manage to clear everything up. Some other animes (Again I'll refer to Myself;Yourself) copped out on the end with a time skip or some other fantastic plot movement and nothing really was said regarding all the dilemmas they created. Next episode is surely going to be tightly packed with action.

True Tears has one more episode to go before I truly consider it great, so I'll cross my fingers as I wait expectingly for a satisfying ending to what has been up to this point a beautifully constructed anime.
Old 2008-03-24, 16:20   Link #153
AznSoulBoy
Syouke

oh yah, forgot to say that.

What relentlessflame said about
"in my mind, you were always crying...etc."

I completly forgot about that and I think because of this Hiromi might still have a chance somehow...

However, like someone posted in RC "whomever declares themselves as someone’s boyfriend/girlfriend never ends up with the main guy/girl"
and that's freaking true. So that's the main reason why I think it will be Noe ending.
Old 2008-03-24, 16:26   Link #154
w00tness
zetsuboushita...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post

*snip*

Hiromi goes up to Noe and tells her to stay away because she has finally managed to see eye to eye with Shinchiro. This is perhaps the best example of why I dislike Hiromi as a person. She's just plain mean. Why is such a comment warranted? In this respect, she is just like Shinchiro's Mom in the beginning.

*snip*

First of all, I would just need to ask you people who hate Shinchiro why you would want whoever you're shipping with in this show to be with him. That's quite cruel don't you think? To leave your beloved character with someone who you hate... Perhaps you should say that you're frustrated with some of his actions like others, not actually hate him if that is the case. I can understand if people are frustrated with him as he clearly shows indecisiveness, but I would often wonder if you guys yourselves are very decisive and if you are criticizing Shinchiro because he is being too real of a character. Well that is pretty much all I have to say regarding him.
First point: How is Hiromi being mean? Shin accepted her kiss without protest (compare that to Ai's kiss), and Shin has given no indication that he does not love Hiromi. His thoughts of Noe are just that. Thoughts. Hiromi cant read minds. Hiromi is convinced she is the girlfriend, or she at least wants to convince herself that. As the girlfriend, should she say "Hi Noe, I know you love Shin very much, and maybe Shin likes you too, lets have some tea together so that Shin can see more of your cute face, and maybe he'll decide to choose you instead of me. *smile* if that happens ill just accept it nicely and be happy for you two from the bottom of my heart!" Tbh, im very happy with how Hiromi talks with Noe. She is as selfish as a girlfriend should be of her boyfriend, yet I do not sense any btchy "HAH I won, gtfo Noe" tones from her

Second point: Uhm, im not upset with Shin because my ship is sinking, youre right that I am upset about his indecisiveness, but I cannot agree that his indecisiveness makes him more "real". Sure, in the beginning, being indecisive is natural, however, how many episodes ago did he say he would do everything properly? How many days (in the anime) ago was that? Its been at least a few days, Hiromi has had to move out, settle in, the beach scene, the looking for Noe night, the Mugiha night.. I dont know about you, but if I say im going to do everything properly, especially with eyes full of determination (oh yes, they were!) as Hiromi lay panting on me , I would do something, but nooooo.... In episode 12, as you said, he once again made a decision, and once again showed very determined eyes, and the audience is like, yes! He's decided, one way or another, clear things up! But then the NEXT SCENE of him is what? Him dozing off because he didnt have enough sleep? How cute. Hiromi's here, with you alone. You were pretty determined last night, like her or not, here's the chance to clear things up. But noooooooooooooooooo. After the dance, oh you looked pretty determined. Looking for Noe? Clearing things up soon? Awesome! Look its Hiromi, if you like her, let her know youre gonna clear things up with Noe. If you dont like her, let her know that, THEN go after Noe. Isnt that the natural thing to do IF you wanted to do everything properly? But nooooooo. How are these decisions making him a "real" character? Like I said before. This need to keep the audience in suspense and maximise melodrama is taking AWAY from the realism.

Last edited by w00tness; 2008-03-24 at 16:29. Reason: clarity
Old 2008-03-24, 16:53   Link #155
X207
Gamyūsa

i just wonder how shin will deal with noe's predicament at the end of ep 12 and still make it back on time to find hiromi.
Old 2008-03-24, 16:56   Link #156
Theowne
耳をすませば

Quote:
Originally Posted by X207 View Post
i just wonder how shin will deal with noe's predicament at the end of ep 12 and still make it back on time to find hiromi.
I'm wondering how seriously injured Noe is. Namely, are they going to have a long immediate discussion/resolution right there or will she be taken to the hospital, maybe unconscious, and then have the conversation later. The second situation is a possibility for a Noe ending in the small likelihood that one would occur.

Old 2008-03-24, 17:14   Link #157
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by w00tness View Post
First point: How is Hiromi being mean? Shin accepted her kiss without protest (compare that to Ai's kiss), and Shin has given no indication that he does not love Hiromi. His thoughts of Noe are just that. Thoughts. Hiromi cant read minds. Hiromi is convinced she is the girlfriend, or she at least wants to convince herself that. As the girlfriend, should she say "Hi Noe, I know you love Shin very much, and maybe Shin likes you too, lets have some tea together so that Shin can see more of your cute face, and maybe he'll decide to choose you instead of me. *smile* if that happens ill just accept it nicely and be happy for you two from the bottom of my heart!" Tbh, im very happy with how Hiromi talks with Noe. She is as selfish as a girlfriend should be of her boyfriend, yet I do not sense any btchy "HAH I won, gtfo Noe" tones from her

Second point: Uhm, im not upset with Shin because my ship is sinking, youre right that I am upset about his indecisiveness, but I cannot agree that his indecisiveness makes him more "real". Sure, in the beginning, being indecisive is natural, however, how many episodes ago did he say he would do everything properly? How many days (in the anime) ago was that? Its been at least a few days, Hiromi has had to move out, settle in, the beach scene, the looking for Noe night, the Mugiha night.. I dont know about you, but if I say im going to do everything properly, especially with eyes full of determination (oh yes, they were!) as Hiromi lay panting on me , I would do something, but nooooo.... In episode 12, as you said, he once again made a decision, and once again showed very determined eyes, and the audience is like, yes! He's decided, one way or another, clear things up! But then the NEXT SCENE of him is what? Him dozing off because he didnt have enough sleep? How cute. Hiromi's here, with you alone. You were pretty determined last night, like her or not, here's the chance to clear things up. But noooooooooooooooooo. After the dance, oh you looked pretty determined. Looking for Noe? Clearing things up soon? Awesome! Look its Hiromi, if you like her, let her know youre gonna clear things up with Noe. If you dont like her, let her know that, THEN go after Noe. Isnt that the natural thing to do IF you wanted to do everything properly? But nooooooo. How are these decisions making him a "real" character? Like I said before. This need to keep the audience in suspense and maximise melodrama is taking AWAY from the realism.
1: While Shinchiro never did do anything about the kiss like Aiko's kiss, it's not like he said "Hiromi you're my girlfriend" in words. His inability to say anything at that scene is just part of his character, he doesn't know what to do. So if Hiromi convinces herself that she is the new girlfriend, she should realize that he hasn't made a commitment anywhere at anytime to be with her. Regardless, if Hiromi wants to clarify that Shinchiro loves her and not Noe, fine, that's not why I thought she is mean. I think she is mean because of how she approached the matter though. Going up to Noe and saying "STAY AWAY cus HE's DEFINTELY mine!!" is not mature or nice. I'm not expecting her to treat Noe like a friend, but she is being very rude and insincere.

2: Ok I'll give you that, he is not making the so called changes yet, but I do believe we will see his resolution in the next episode. I'm pretty sure the love triangle will get fixed and everything will be fine and dandy. Still, it doesn't take away from the realism of his character I think, as it stays consistent with the character we've been presented with thus far. Over extending the melodrama? I'll agree to disagree on that. I've actually enjoyed watching Shinchiro develop over all these episodes.
Old 2008-03-24, 17:20   Link #158
Narona
Emotionless White Face

I used to like Shin a lot but now I hate him . He really needs to learn to focus on one girl .
Old 2008-03-24, 17:23   Link #159
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theowne View Post
I'm wondering how seriously injured Noe is. Namely, are they going to have a long immediate discussion/resolution right there or will she be taken to the hospital, maybe unconscious, and then have the conversation later. The second situation is a possibility for a Noe ending in the small likelihood that one would occur.

i think that noe will tell shin the truth and urge him to hiromi regardless of the severity of her injury after he alerts others to take care of her. hiromi wont wait several hours in that forest path for him so he cant waste too much time finishing up with noe.
Old 2008-03-24, 17:28   Link #160
Theowne
耳をすませば

Quote:
Originally Posted by X207 View Post
i think that noe will tell shin the truth and urge him to hiromi regardless of the severity of her injury after he alerts others to take care of her. hiromi wont wait several hours in that forest path for him so he cant waste too much time finishing up with noe.
So you're thinking the slipper thing is going to result in a literally identical recreation of their childhood memory? I'm not sure that situation would be likely, given what's happened.

Closed Thread