Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2021-12-24, 16:28   Link #241
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
I did hear that Aka stated in an interview that Ruby would be getting more focus going forward. I get this might the spark she needs to start really getting motivated.
Source? I'll believe this when I see it. ONK without Ruby as the doormat just wouldn't be the same, either.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-24, 20:43   Link #242
Shadow5YA

Ruby has to grow up eventually. The beginning chapters foreshadowed that both of them grew to be highly successful, but so far we've mostly seen only Aqua make progress.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-24, 23:05   Link #243
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
Start at Chapter 9 to see if the hook catches you, then read from the beginning if it has an impact to see how it got that way.
That is pretty good advice.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-25, 08:10   Link #244
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I recommend to start from chapter 1 like any normal person would do and read until chapter 9 at least. Chapter 9 will have zero impact if you're not familiar with the characters.
Old 2021-12-25, 08:58   Link #245
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I recommend to start from chapter 1 like any normal person would do and read until chapter 9 at least. Chapter 9 will have zero impact if you're not familiar with the characters.
For me, I dropped Oshi No Koi before chapter 10+ because the baby chapters were insufferable IMO. I think I started reading it back when I saw someone posted teenager Aqua converse with teenager Kana panel and it got me interested to check it back, and before I noticed, I already binge thru the entire Love Sweet arc.
Old 2021-12-25, 10:53   Link #246
Twi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Having to go through multiple chapters to see if they'll be interested isn't for everyone. I myself started from higher chapters to see if the content was interesting to pique my interest and then start from the beginning after hearing it recommended, and so I recommend the same for others if they would be inclined as what happens on Chapter 9 is the first hook, and you look back to learn about these characters and their struggles so when you return you understand the full weight and consequences.
Old 2021-12-25, 13:41   Link #247
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixth View Post
For me, I dropped Oshi No Koi before chapter 10+ because the baby chapters were insufferable IMO.
This, so much. I hated the first 10 or 15 chapters but then gave it another chance when it was maybe 40 chapters in. It takes a while to find its legs.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-30, 15:58   Link #248
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
The baby chapters were cute. The whole manga is a good read, imho.

I'm on Arima Kana's side, ship-wise. Akane's personality is worrisome.
Old 2022-01-07, 11:48   Link #249
Shadow5YA

I figured Aqua would get a lead somehow, but I didn't think it'd be from Himekawa instead of Kindaichi. That was a twist I didn't expect.

I don't expect Himekawa to know much though. He probably had to grow up without his father similar to Aqua.

Last edited by Shadow5YA; 2022-01-07 at 11:58.
Old 2022-01-07, 12:20   Link #250
Sixth
Hu Tao

I thought that Himekawa was too obvious for a suspect or related to Aqua's mom, so I always told myself "Nah, it won't be him at all. It is bait", and this chapter just proved me wrong.
Old 2022-01-07, 13:44   Link #251
Twi

Oh, that's a really good cliffhanger.
Old 2022-01-07, 19:38   Link #252
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
I figured Aqua would get a lead somehow, but I didn't think it'd be from Himekawa instead of Kindaichi. That was a twist I didn't expect.

I don't expect Himekawa to know much though. He probably had to grow up without his father similar to Aqua.
Kindaichi just told us he grew up in a children's home, so yeah, he won't know much if anything.
Old 2022-01-07, 20:19   Link #253
Wandering Soul

I wasn't expecting that kind of twist. Himekawa is connected to the father, but the fact that he grew up in a children's home means he most likely won't have a lot of info if any at all.
Old 2022-01-08, 06:57   Link #254
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Okay that was bold action from Aqua.

Chance is Himekawa refuse him out but Aqua probably has done research before or he is desperate and ignorant right now.
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-08, 07:28   Link #255
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
I wasn't expecting that kind of twist. Himekawa is connected to the father, but the fact that he grew up in a children's home means he most likely won't have a lot of info if any at all.
Getting the father's name or how he looks could be extremely crucial info. Even if Himekawa doesn't know his father's name or look, his guardian should be able to shed some info about his father...or at least this is what I think will happen. I doubt the author will waste the entire chapter that leads no lead.
Old 2022-01-08, 09:28   Link #256
Twi

You know what, my question is if Aqua is going to tell his sister they have a half-brother?
Old 2022-01-08, 09:41   Link #257
Shadow5YA

Does Aqua tell Ruby anything in the first place?
Old 2022-01-08, 15:13   Link #258
Twi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Does Aqua tell Ruby anything in the first place?
Nothing related to his revenge, but you'd think "We have another brother" would be on the list of things you should share with your immediate family.
Old 2022-01-08, 15:58   Link #259
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixth View Post
Getting the father's name or how he looks could be extremely crucial info. Even if Himekawa doesn't know his father's name or look, his guardian should be able to shed some info about his father...or at least this is what I think will happen. I doubt the author will waste the entire chapter that leads no lead.
With two brothers involved in the acting industry, if Himekawa's mom is also a part of the industry, the chances that the dad is involved become much higher, and with another data point for comparison, the chances of finding the dad increase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
Nothing related to his revenge, but you'd think "We have another brother" would be on the list of things you should share with your immediate family.
When said brother is the son of their deadbeat dad that maybe murdered their mom...I can understand why that might be something he'd hold off on telling her.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-08, 17:38   Link #260
Wandering Soul

Not to mention that Ruby might start questioning how he even found about Himekawa, which might lead to her finding out about how he's looking for their father.

Tags
celebrities, entertainment world, reincarnation, revenge, tragedy