AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

View Poll Results: Critique of Episode 200
091 - 100: Amazing... 5 22.73%
081 - 090: Great... 3 13.64%
071 - 080: Very Good... 4 18.18%
061 - 070: Good... 6 27.27%
051 - 060: Average... 2 9.09%
041 - 050: Below Average... 1 4.55%
031 - 040: Bad... 0 0%
021 - 030: Very Bad... 0 0%
011 - 020: Awful... 0 0%
000 - 010: Goofing off on TvTropes would be a better use of your time... 1 4.55%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-02-26, 13:36   Link #41
Xagzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangs View Post
Spoiler for Mizukage:

I support this statement.
Those are some pretty impressive statements.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-26, 13:41   Link #42
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
-facepalm- Naruto you idiot...
I do get his point but in Sasuke case it is irrelevant, I really doubt that anyone except him and Sakura give a damn about Sasuke right now... well maybe also Ino based on preview.
It's not himself he is worried about, it is the village that will go to war if Naruto is killed when he seeks retribution for a foreign nation killing Sasuke. Specifically, if Sasuke is killed by the Raikage (or the other Kages), Naruto says he will be forced to seek some sort of retribution (yep, Naruto just threatened the Raikage), and if Naruto is killed, it is more than likely that Konoha would attempt to avenge his death (they would not avenge Sasuke's death, but they will avenge Naruto's).

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
-
If Naruto cares so much then go and stop Sasuke yourself instead of asking others to close their eyes when Sasuke is being an asshole with them.
That is essentially what Naruto is demanding. Leave Sasuke to him, or else...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-26, 14:23   Link #43
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Specifically, if Sasuke is killed by the Raikage (or the other Kages), Naruto says he will be forced to seek some sort of retribution
And that is why Naruto's plea for peace sounds so insincere. Naruto is basically asking the Raikage to do something that Naruto himself admits he's not willing to do, at least, when it comes to Sasuke.
Silly Naruto
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-26, 18:41   Link #44
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!

decent epsiode...i wonder if this Darui is Raikage's son?
Old 2011-02-27, 02:28   Link #45
Pascha
Sacred Dome

As someone else said, this was merely a decent episode. I thought the previous episode was overall more enticing to say the least. This episode had little to no action, and was enlargely filled with used up dialogues.

At times, I wish the episode was around 40 minutes longer instead of the usual 20 minutes. Not a fan of naruto on the floor growling for forgiveness of his supposed friend, while some of them cloud ninjas just grin/laugh at them and walk away while he's just wallowing in the deep snow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artimus_Prime View Post
decent epsiode...i wonder if this Darui is Raikage's son?
Don't think so otherwise he would be acknowledged as such if it were to be true, by now....

Last edited by Pascha; 2011-02-27 at 02:41. Reason: double post...
Pascha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-27, 20:50   Link #46
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Caught up with the recent episode.

Spoiler for Conclusion:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-28, 17:27   Link #47
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
And that is why Naruto's plea for peace sounds so insincere. Naruto is basically asking the Raikage to do something that Naruto himself admits he's not willing to do, at least, when it comes to Sasuke.
Silly Naruto
Yeah that's pretty much what's frustrating about the whole thing. Plus at this point does Naruto really think Sasuke can just walk about into the village and have everything be back to normal? It's a bit much to say everything should work out fine for Naruto and others should just suck it up.
Old 2011-02-28, 21:56   Link #48
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

I disagree with the interpretations floating around here.

Naruto is asking Raikage to stop the cycle of hatred, but I don't think Naruto himself would actually seek retribution against him. Naruto has nothing to prove on that front, he already spared Pain. Now he's asking for others to try and do the same. At this very moment, Naruto is a bit naive though, because he absolutely has no idea how to handle the Sasuke situation. He's still caught up in trying to simply convince him with words alone.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-01, 02:25   Link #49
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
Naruto is asking Raikage to stop the cycle of hatred, but I don't think Naruto himself would actually seek retribution against him. Naruto has nothing to prove on that front, he already spared Pain. Now he's asking for others to try and do the same.
But Naruto didn't tell the Raikage about Pain. Instead, he told the Raikage about their two villages fighting each other over Sasuke. Now why would Naruto say that if he wasn't going to seek retribution himself? Of all the people in Konoha, no one is more likely to try to avenge Sasuke's death than Naruto. Sakura and Ino might cry about it (and even be angry), but I doubt they'd risk a war with Kumo. And the other 9 teens, as well as the adults, would be even less likely to do so over a rogue ninja, even if it is Sasuke.

So, once again, this cycle of hatred really depends on Naruto. This is not about Naruto proving himself. It's just that Naruto would simply have a better chance of ending the cycle by controlling himself rather than asking a stranger to do it.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-01, 03:14   Link #50
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
It's quite simple. Kumo kills Sasuke and that is it. There is no cycle of hate. Sasuke pays the price for being a criminal. Naruto is the one creating the cycle. Not the Raikage or Kumo. He would be the only one that would seek revenge against Kumo for Sasuke. No one else in Konoha cares outside of Sakura. Even Kakashi understands. So Naruto, the drama queen, is creating a situation because of his over the top love for Sasuke. At best Naruto is naive and stupid. At worst he is a little hypocrite.

I remember at this point in the manga, a lot of fans hated Naruto.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-01, 08:26   Link #51
AnbuItachi

pretty sure at every point a lot of people hated naruto
AnbuItachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-01, 09:01   Link #52
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascha View Post
Don't think so otherwise he would be acknowledged as such if it were to be true, by now....
perhaps...but how long did it take for minato and naruto...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquiorra View Post
It's quite simple. Kumo kills Sasuke and that is it. There is no cycle of hate. Sasuke pays the price for being a criminal. Naruto is the one creating the cycle. Not the Raikage or Kumo. He would be the only one that would seek revenge against Kumo for Sasuke. No one else in Konoha cares outside of Sakura. Even Kakashi understands. So Naruto, the drama queen, is creating a situation because of his over the top love for Sasuke. At best Naruto is naive and stupid. At worst he is a little hypocrite.

My impression from the episode was that more than just naruto cares and konoha would react to Kumo killing sasuke. in the hyuuga incident, the twin brother's life was exchanged for avoiding war as decided by the third hokage. some nin in konoha have to be salty about that, so a second offence by kumo could mean trouble. as mentioned, naruto has proven he is capable of not acting on vengeance and im sure naruto could influence konoha to do the same...but there is a cycle of hate and that will only end when people outside of konoha are able to do it as well (ie. naruto will have to figure out how to influence the entire ninja world)...sigh, square one...
Old 2011-03-01, 09:16   Link #53
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artimus_Prime View Post
My impression from the episode was that more than just naruto cares and konoha would react to Kumo killing sasuke. in the hyuuga incident, the twin brother's life was exchanged for avoiding war as decided by the third hokage. some nin in konoha have to be salty about that, so a second offence by kumo could mean trouble. as mentioned, naruto has proven he is capable of not acting on vengeance and im sure naruto could influence konoha to do the same...but there is a cycle of hate and that will only end when people outside of konoha are able to do it as well (ie. naruto will have to figure out how to influence the entire ninja world)...sigh, square one...
Only Naruto would go to war over Sasuke. That's what is hilarious about the whole thing. Naruto is creating a situation that doesn't exist because of his own selfishness when it comes to Sasuke. He is under the delusion that his friends are on board with him. Next week could be his wake up call judging by the preview.

Sasuke at this point is a missing nin now working for Akatsuki. His ties to Konoha have been severed. Konoha should have been the ones hunting him down like what happens to all missing nin. The Raikage brought this up earlier. But because Tsunade defers to Naruto way too much, that didn't happen. Danzou is not doing anything out of course. Naruto was just avoiding the truth about Sasuke.

Kumo kills Sasuke and nothing happens. Justice was served. The Hot Spring and Waterfall Villages didn't go to war with Konoha over the deaths of Hidan and Kakuzu. But if Naruto goes after Kumo in revenge and gets killed, then his friends go after Kumo. Then their families get dragged in and we are at war. Naruto just created the cycle of hate because of his love for one person. The guy really needs to get his crap in order before he influences anyone.
Old 2011-03-01, 18:35   Link #54
Akachou

Quote:

Do you really think so?
Why should Kishimoto kill his beloved Sasuke? He'd rather kill Naruto and rename the whole story.
What's the price for being a criminal anyways? Being captured alive and imprisoned?
What did Kakashi understand? As far as I remember, he told Raikage that there's still an open debt because of the Hyuuga incident. Why should he say that if not in order to support Naruto and his aims?
Naruto must have realized it by now: he promised Itachi to find a solution to the problem before he died.

The world is yours.
Akachou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-02, 01:27   Link #55
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akachou View Post
What's the price for being a criminal anyways? Being captured alive and imprisoned?
To quote Kakashi, a missing-nin is typically marked for death simply for defecting. Never mind actually committing criminal acts against another village. Merely by joining Akatsuki marked Sasuke for death.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akachou View Post
What did Kakashi understand? As far as I remember, he told Raikage that there's still an open debt because of the Hyuuga incident. Why should he say that if not in order to support Naruto and his aims?
Kakashi understands Kumo has a right to pursue Sasuke. The same right Konoha had to go after Hidan and Kakuzu.

Kakashi and Yamato are trying to help Naruto look less like a graveling fool. Let me ask you a question though. Would Kakashi have gone to speak to the Raikage on Sasuke's behalf on his own? Or is this because of Naruto? I think we know the answer. The only who is making an issue out of this is Naruto.
Old 2011-03-02, 08:04   Link #56
neshru

the usual preview screenshots from the Naruto blog:
http://www.naruto.com/nablog/upimg/1002_1.JPG
http://www.naruto.com/nablog/upimg/1003_1.JPG
http://www.naruto.com/nablog/upimg/1004_1.JPG
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-02, 12:00   Link #57
Fran~
floating away...

ohnoes

here it comes the drama!
Old 2011-03-02, 15:55   Link #58
Akachou

Quote:
Would Kakashi have gone to speak to the Raikage on Sasuke's behalf on his own?
Well, it's obvious that Kakashi still sticks to the rules of Konoha. Kakashi is a respected special jounin and a role model for future ninjas. Even more than that, he's one of the most renowned ninja in the whole world. He's respected by the Jounin, the Chuunin, the ANBU and the elders. He was the first to be considered Hokage. In fact it doesn't make sense that they later considered Danzou because after the 3rd Hokage's death, they wanted to make Kakashi the Hokage. He declined, Jiraiya declined too and then Jiraiya went after Tsunade. No one spoke a word of Danzou. I bet he wasn't even born at that time. Kishi gave birth to him just now.

Tsunade was out of reach. He could have become Hokage easily back then. I don't understand him. It's a lame excuse to say he wanted to hide in the shade or something like that.

Naruto's the only one to break the rules and confront a foreign Kage. The numbers of ninja were strictly limited. Two ninjas per Kage as bodyguards. Naruto, the one who just defeated Pain and two elite Jounin just catch the Raikage. This alone could have provoked a war.
I wonder who would have won. I consider them to be able to fight on par with each other if Naruto fights at full power.

The world is yours.
Akachou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-06, 22:41   Link #59
jtjr26

While I think its admirable to be loyal to friends I think Sai hit the nail right on the head that Sasuke is the source of Naruto's pain and Naruto's promise to Sakura to bring Sasuke back is only compounding the problem making him miserable.

As for Naruto going directly to a foreign Kage to plead for mercy, that is something I would expect Naruto to do. No one ever claimed he was a deep thinker.
jtjr26 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly episode discussion