AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-07-18, 02:01   Link #561
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by -khriz- View Post
Does it really matter anymore? He went from an okay main character to a mediocre one in this season.
How can you tell with only two episodes out?
Old 2012-07-18, 05:30   Link #562
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Does it really matter anymore? He went from an okay main character to a mediocre one in this season.
... You really have to explain this to me, because so far I see no difference between this Cinque and the one from the previous season.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-18, 06:42   Link #563
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Now, once you guys get over the shock of The Beckshin, time to analyze it!

First things first, go rewatch Madoka and Symphogear. Now, compare that with the henshin. What do you get?

Yes! Both Madoka and Hibiki henshins are seen here together!

Firstly, the scanner & equipping, Becky appearing in 2 copies, and the bright orange lights, all of them resemble Hibiki's song. I could almost hear Cou-sama sing GUNGNIR GEKISHOU!

And then the 2nd part of Becky donning her Hero Gear and activating the Attack Broom resembles Madoka's one and only henshin.

The Ao Yuuki is strong in this one.

Its decided! Becky's Final Form Ride is Goddess Pastillage!
Old 2012-07-18, 06:56   Link #564
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
mean while becky and whats her name are two awesome super top tier characters right?
Old 2012-07-18, 17:05   Link #565
Squarecrow
Supreme Ruler of Crowatia

Quote:
2 episodes and acting like he did in the first season means he's worse than the first season now?
Squarecrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-18, 17:09   Link #566
Azure King
Snr Spammer

Epi 02

a good epi but was getting annoyed with all the quotes of "how fun", "this is fun", "fun.. fun... fun.."
i hope we don't see becky transforming cutscene too offen... it look pretty nasty

can't wait til next epi
Azure King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-18, 18:04   Link #567
Enternal

Quote:
Woah woah now... Now you're just seem like you're attacking the show for the sake of attacking the show. I was just merely talking about his name and yet you completely twisted it around and use it to continue to attack the show that you have been doing for the past few pages.

@ MeisterBabylon
The Beckshin eh? I guess that's what we will call it officialy from now on? How does that sound everyone? Sink and the Beckshin!!
Enternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-18, 18:17   Link #568
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Beckshin Begins.
Old 2012-07-18, 19:04   Link #569
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Still think that the Cinque (wow this guy has had quite the variety of spellings) name issue still comes second to the WTF Becky transformation sequence. I thought the delay was embarassing for Becky, but let's just hope that whole thing wasn't aired for the crowd . That was pretty nuts for sure.
Old 2012-07-18, 22:14   Link #570
-khriz-

What's wrong with what I said? Honestly he was cool in the first season because he was unique, now we have 2 more characters that are like him (heroes) but are actually better. What this season has shown is how weak Cinque really is as a MC. Nanami has been there for 1 day and has already learned more than Cinque, who took the entire whole first season practicing to get better, however, it only took Nanami 1 episode (5 secs) to get on his level or better. I would not be surprised if by the next episode they show Becky beating him around showing him who the boss is.
-khriz- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-18, 22:22   Link #571
Midonin
Last Engage

Nanami and Becky may be able to fight (not sure on Becky's skills), but Cinque has something that they still lack. Knowledge of Flonyard customs and culture, and that's just as big a bargaining chip, if not bigger, on this stage.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-18, 23:22   Link #572
supermegasonic

you also remember that nanami is his senpai, and has beaten him in competitions back on earth.

cinque has to learn all the skills be himself, sure the residents were able to teach him a bit they work/learn differently from humans.

besides, this was most likely done for convenience's sake, i don't think ppl would wanna watch half a season dedicated to training again.
Old 2012-07-18, 23:42   Link #573
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Is that..... naw, there's no way she's that daring. Don't tell me the tentacles made her that way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enternal View Post
Blame it on mangatron. I have a feeling that his energy have permeated throughout the fabric of the Internet and have affected the decisions of the production team. His love for ears surprisingly did not do much.
It's going to be interesting in the future, as I've been starting to have more direct channels to these production companies, to my surprise it went quite well a couple of weeks ago (which I can't specify exactly), if it all goes well I just might have some influence with anime in the near future

Quote:
What's wrong with what I said? Honestly he was cool in the first season because he was unique, now we have 2 more characters that are like him (heroes) but are actually better. What this season has shown is how weak Cinque really is as a MC. Nanami has been there for 1 day and has already learned more than Cinque, who took the entire whole first season practicing to get better, however, it only took Nanami 1 episode (5 secs) to get on his level or better.
I believe you are unfair in your assessment. It didn't take Sink a whole season to get better, that poor, poor child had to endure 5 episodes that covered only 1 day in his life on Flonyard, in that one day he helped to defeat the strongest in the land, he got led around town by a tsundere, and by nightfall, he was about to take a bath when a disastrophe struck and he was called into battle again. He fought the sibling of Galette's strongest to a draw due to outside interference, and before he could have fun in the Galette castle, he had to frisk the Millimeter away to her concert, which he couldn't enjoy much.

I'm going to quote some guy in a movie that was supposed to be smart. "Nanami was better than him before he went to Flonyard, Nanami was better than him while he was in Flonyard, because even in Flonyard, Nanami is better than him", considering that in such a short amount of time, she was able to fight Biscotti's Hero to a standstill.

It wasn't that she learned more than Sink did, she was already better than him. If you give a grenadier a sniper rifle, he could fire it yeah, but he might be shitty with it. Give that same sniper rifle to a sharpshooter, and that rifle just might be happy. Now does this make Sink a weak MC? Naw, I don't think so. They're just having fun! This isn't some kind of gladiator game where the loser is banished to some sort of space prison several galaxies away. Since Leon-sama is the strongest, does that make Sink weak? Does that degrade his value as the leading character subjected to side character status? Nope, as long as that Millimeter is around he's still the MC, he's still going to be glomped by Yukikaze, Eclair is still going to be tsun to him, and all of this is because of him, and I don't think for one moment he's a weak MC just because his friends are now like him. It could only make him..... stronger.

It's just two short episodes, just wait till next ep before we start claiming Nanami as the strongest in Flonyard.

Quote:
I would not be surprised if by the next episode they show Becky beating him around showing him who the boss is.
Guess who's going to get their clothes destroyed?
Spoiler for is it underwear or is it not?:

Now why the heck are we concerned about Sink anyways? Everyone knows this character is the best part of the series:
Spoiler for if you open this spoiler link, you are automatically her fan:

*runs*

Hmmmmm....
Wondering about my avatar/sig? Post a question here!
*Girls Und Panzer: 01-10 | Winter 2013 anime
My avatars & signatures
-*Feel My Birthday 2016!
-*RIP my last Hermit Crab, 2011-2015
with my posts all these years!
XD
>My current sig is Yagami Ko from New Game!
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-18, 23:59   Link #574
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Christ, her breast are getting bigger ._.
Old 2012-07-19, 00:18   Link #575
Ryuudou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
How can you tell with only two episodes out?
Two episodes can sometimes be enough to tell if the writing is going to be bad. Just saying.
Ryuudou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-19, 00:45   Link #576
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
What's wrong with what I said? Honestly he was cool in the first season because he was unique, now we have 2 more characters that are like him (heroes) but are actually better. What this season has shown is how weak Cinque really is as a MC. Nanami has been there for 1 day and has already learned more than Cinque, who took the entire whole first season practicing to get better, however, it only took Nanami 1 episode (5 secs) to get on his level or better. I would not be surprised if by the next episode they show Becky beating him around showing him who the boss is.
Cinque wasn't explicitly shown getting better at being a Hero in 16 days though. He was already impressive enough the first day, which was covered in the first five episodes, and the only thing different in the latter half was that he had to go toe to toe with killer spirits. However, many of the amazing feats he was doing, he was already doing doing so the day he was summoned, like creating Tornader, owning mooks with just his hands and feet, or firing Seal Cannons right off the bat.

Also, Nanami being better than Cinque is a complaint? Even during the first season, she's already said to be better than him. She did best him in the Iron Athletics they both competed in, and she is his mentor afterall. As for Becky, we haven't seen enough of what she's capable of as a mage to determine how much better she's supposed to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuudou View Post
Two episodes can sometimes be enough to tell if the writing is going to be bad. Just saying.
Not really. There have been many anime which had excellent story for the first few episodes, then took a nosedive as time progressed. And the opposite is also true: there have been titles with mediocre or middling starts that suddenly shine in the latter parts. There are many things that can change between weeks that an anime starts and ends on the production end, and they can either be for the best or for the worst.

On Flying: "For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-19, 01:20   Link #577
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post

Is that..... naw, there's no way she's that daring. Don't tell me the tentacles made her that way
Is this the pv for the next episode? where can you watch this? the episode itself doesn't have a pv for next episode.
Old 2012-07-19, 01:33   Link #578
CrazyPerson

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
It's going to be interesting in the future, as I've been starting to have more direct channels to these production companies, to my surprise it went quite well a couple of weeks ago (which I can't specify exactly), if it all goes well I just might have some influence with anime in the near future
I'd say you've already affected production companies. Look at this season and the season for the last little while and tell me there you haven't been purposefully channeling your "feelings" with that direct channel!
CrazyPerson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-19, 01:38   Link #579
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Is this the pv for the next episode? where can you watch this? the episode itself doesn't have a pv for next episode.
It's actually from an earlier PV before the series aired, which has scenes for future episodes. This one:

(Vid cuts out at the end unfortunately)

On Flying: "For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-19, 01:51   Link #580
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
If you click the image, it will open a link to the preview, click on the only preview that has Ricochet in it (titled "放送直前PV"), and it will stream. Need a connection speed of at least 2mbps to enjoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyPerson View Post
I'd say you've already affected production companies. Look at this season and the season for the last little while and tell me there you haven't been purposefully channeling your "feelings" with that direct channel!
I think I better not say anymore, or else you guys might be asking me "why are girls in anime getting bigger these days than the last decade?"

Hmmmmm....
Wondering about my avatar/sig? Post a question here!
*Girls Und Panzer: 01-10 | Winter 2013 anime
My avatars & signatures
-*Feel My Birthday 2016!
-*RIP my last Hermit Crab, 2011-2015
with my posts all these years!
XD
>My current sig is Yagami Ko from New Game!
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, fantasy, sports