AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2012-12-06, 18:07   Link #6621
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

But it would make sense, the manga's supplemental material a long and dedicated effort to make Cypha look "cool" be repeatedly bringing out how she was the one who crushed Signum xDU

Maybe it's a misinterpretation like you said Justin, but's given the circunstances it's not that crazy of a theory xD

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-06, 18:11   Link #6622
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
To be fair beating Signum is something worth bragging about.
Old 2012-12-06, 18:25   Link #6623
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

At least during StrikerS, nowdays anyone with good trainign and "new age" powers/weapons can have a good chance to do that (Tohma get "draw" against her even while he's still an unexperienced bratt who was stompped by Carter Grendel xDU).

Now, beating someone like Curren on the other hand would be a great way to stablish you as an insanely pwoerfull and badass character ...in fact, Hardis didn't even need to defeat her, by only showing he's capable of stand against Curren he has much proven himself as an extremely powerfull threat. I fear for the moment he finally decides to get serious on SS6.

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-12-06, 18:58   Link #6624
Justin_Brett

That could also be him realizing she might not have had the most dignified first showing.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-06, 19:11   Link #6625
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Well, yeah, Curren was really smug on her first appearance but it have some merit being able to effortlessly beat two mages almost the same level as Signum (arguably more in the case of Vita) who are better equipped and without even usign the full extent of her EC powers.

The fight with Hardis was really weird, it seems he managed to make the attacks somehow not touch him ...probably the guy have Anti-Anti-Magic powers xD?

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-12-06, 19:24   Link #6626
NTFTH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
EDIT: OMG! please, can someone confirm this piece of imformation? According to some rumour a recent interview with Tsuzuki revealed that he indeed put a great deal of focus on the Huckebein family because he likes them and is honestly surprised the general fandom don't find them likable as well xDU If this rumor is real that means we have word of god about the Huckebein being the Creator's Pets xDU
Someone on TvTropes also claimed that he said in that characters on both sides would die in an interview.
NTFTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-06, 19:27   Link #6627
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Yeah, that tirggered a bit of renewed interest from my part, Signum still have a chance to redeem herself with a cool sacrfice (be heroic, selfish or pointless, as long as it's cool it'll be okay xD).

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-12-06, 19:49   Link #6628
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
nowdays anyone with good trainign and "new age" powers/weapons can have a good chance to do that
Whatever makes you sleep easier at night, Aki.
Old 2012-12-06, 20:04   Link #6629
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Brett View Post
Cypha's an outright villain, of course people will dislike her.
Talking more deply about Cypha, i can sense what Tsuzuki is trying to do here. She was very antagonistic at first but recently Cypha's evilness has started to be played down to make her more simpathetic (the rate of success is another matter entirely xDU) she make a villanous rescue when Quinn Garland was about to stomp Tohma, Erio and Caro, let Quinn live upon Tohma's request and even spared Signum's life by forfeiting their rematch due to Curren ordering her to not kill Section Six members and Tohma's precense which forced the Huckebein Ace to hold back during her fight (I'm not making this up, Sonica called on Cypha that is not normal for her to hold back during a fight ...i can only imagine how hard of a handicapp those things would be to someone who takes pride in being called an expert in killing xDU).

It somehow looks as if Tsuzuki is trying to give some deepness to Cypha's character and that's ok i guess, it's just that the first impression left by her cartoonish villany is difficult to forget xDU

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-12-06, 21:34   Link #6630
Justin_Brett

Quote:
Someone on TvTropes also claimed that he said in that characters on both sides would die in an interview.
If you added 'who were introduced in Force' to the end of that, then I'd believe it.
Old 2012-12-14, 19:32   Link #6631
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

Well I have been reading this tread and I found a lot of interesting things and ideas here and there about Force. But I was hopping here I could learn more about the manga itself. Since the last time I read it the Grendels were on it so increased its already hihg levels of badness to 100 point
Old 2012-12-14, 20:59   Link #6632
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Oh c´mon, the Grendels aren't that bad, they started pretty weak but recently i find them mor enjoyable than the Huckebein, specially with Carter's hidden depths of being a stupid genius

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-12-14, 21:45   Link #6633
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
The poor genius got blasted.
Old 2012-12-14, 21:51   Link #6634
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

That's what he got for siding Nanoha out of his calculations xD

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-12-14, 22:32   Link #6635
Justin_Brett

You know, I might have waited to introduce a power like that when it did something, and not render it pointless at the beginning of the very next chapter.
Old 2012-12-14, 23:01   Link #6636
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

You're talking about his sudden teleport powers xD?

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-12-14, 23:37   Link #6637
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Still funny though. It means SS6 is improving.
Old 2012-12-15, 00:56   Link #6638
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

Between bad mostache villains and bad cartoonish villains I am in for a ride… no thanks. They Hückebein, the Grendels, Hardis… none of them is worth anything. Pick between them is pointless. But if I have to choose I take the Hückebein any time. At least they did try to look evil at first, the Grendels didn’t even attempt to pretend they were more than comic relief villains with the same deep and personality of toilet paper.
Old 2012-12-15, 01:14   Link #6639
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

They're improving rapidly, they're goofy but manage to still be athreat despite being higher threats than them out there ...i also hated their introduction (well not hated, more like i was dissapointed) but ironically they started inproving when they got captured.

That bit of Carter suddenly revealing he managed to relocate Vandin's kill trigger to a non-lethal spot all by himself was pretty impressive. Also despite being in the hands of the "enemy" and being smacked around by the rest of the cast Carter don't loose his spirits in the slightiest because he always had an ace under the sleeve ...and even when said ace was foiled by the Ace of Aces herself he's still chuckling xD

At first i was wondering why girls with such attitude and cool powers like Maria and Quinn follow him loyally (Lolo seemd to be there for the fun and cool gadgets xD), but after all of them where cursing their destinies in prision the idiot boss was the one who raised the moral of the group reassuring them they'll rise again ...and showing how he plans to do that. Maria treats him like buffoon and Quinn doesn't seem to care for his antics but both seem to be honestly convinced of his competence when he propose a plan. Despite lacking Curren's utter badassitude and awesome power level, at the end Carter showed up to be a pretty reliable and charismatic leader.

The Grendels for now are one of the few saving graces of the season for me, the other is seeing Curren curbstomping people.

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-12-15, 02:43   Link #6640
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Arnage is carnage without the C.... But she's friendlier than most of them.

Tags
manga, nanoha force