AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

Old 2009-07-10, 03:38   Link #281
rockmanxpr

Here's wild guess on how Curry Nochi Rice will sound like, in ep 08 if you forward to 17:45 it might be the song as they were wrapping up til "Stapler". If it is its one rocker
rockmanxpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-11, 06:23   Link #282
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
All I can say is "holy crap". By the time you factor in the rest of the merchandise sales (like DVDs/Blu-Rays), this series will almost certainly be one of Pony Canyon's most successful anime projects to date. Whoever made the call to rush on the manga is definitely getting a raise.
Though there is a chance the fever might die down. Azunyan, Ritsu and Tsumugi's albums are released a little too late.

But it is possible that the figurines will be snapped up faster than you can say "Mugi is a lesbian".

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-11, 22:31   Link #283
SilentOb
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Though there is a chance the fever might die down. Azunyan, Ritsu and Tsumugi's albums are released a little too late.

But it is possible that the figurines will be snapped up faster than you can say "Mugi is a lesbian".
Not really, Ritsu's and Tsumugi's singles will be released this week on 15/7.
SilentOb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-12, 11:00   Link #284
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentOb View Post
Not really, Ritsu's and Tsumugi's singles will be released this week on 15/7.
They're releasing August 26th.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-12, 11:18   Link #285
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
Thanks for the correction. Anyway are there any news of Azunyan's album?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-12, 11:38   Link #286
SilentOb
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
Play-Asia and my friends got it wrong then
August 26th it is then for all three singles to be released.
SilentOb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-16, 23:04   Link #287
errorrrr

dude... is it me or Yui's Character songs suck really bad compare to Mio... maybe they are trying to match Yui's personality but the song is just not up to par with the rest...
errorrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-17, 12:31   Link #288
onemadcow

Couple days late, but here's the sales update:

Don't Say 'Lazy' - 37th for the week, sales of 2085 (151232 12 week total)
Cagayake! Girls - 41st for the week, sales of 1953 (136357 12 week total)
Mio Character Single - 45th for the week, sales of 1846 (46218 4 week total)
Yui Character Single - 47th for the week, sales of 1777 (44371 4 week total)
Fuwa Fuwa Time - 53rd for the week, sales of 1496 (72579 8 week total)

Expected slide for all titles, in fact only The OP/ED managed to stay in the daily top 50's for the entire week. I think the OP/ED still has a little gas left, especially since there will probably be an early leak of the Afterschool Tea Time single this weekend. How much the other singles will be effected is yet to be seen. Also, total singles gross for K-On is over $6 million now...
onemadcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-17, 13:02   Link #289
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

This ... is why I think they pulled a tactical error by not including a song with each episode in the manner of the old Monkees tv series. It will be interesting to see if they OVA+CD more tunes this fall to respond to the obvious interest.
Old 2009-07-17, 20:13   Link #290
Wyxor

Can anyone give me a list of all of the songs that they played?

Old 2009-07-17, 20:57   Link #291
Tamad
デゲソ!! ( ・_・)ノ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyxor View Post
Can anyone give me a list of all of the songs that they played?
  • Fuwa Fuwa Time (Mio ver.)
  • My Love is a Stapler
  • Brush and Ballpoint Pen
  • Fuwa Fuwa Time (Yui ver.)
Old 2009-07-17, 21:06   Link #292
Mckendrick
Jr Otaku

Also in the first ep when they play for Yui their playing Tsubasa wo Kudasai

I was on of the few and lucky to make the pilgrimage to San Fransisco for the Disappearance movie. Hit me up if you wish talk about it.
Mckendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-18, 09:52   Link #293
LC
Shocking Pink

Character Single Covers!

Old 2009-07-18, 10:37   Link #294
ichigo_m
Melting - Just because I

Send a message via AIM to ichigo_m Send a message via Yahoo to ichigo_m
Here are preview/ leaked versions

Of

Rice after Curry

Maddy Candy
Old 2009-07-19, 00:56   Link #295
k3fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptGloval View Post
Any translations yet for the character songs? I'm waiting in particular for Mio's Hello Little Girl. It's kinda hard to search for that because it so happens the Beatles have a song with that same title. I don't think it's a coincidence.
Sounds nice,but it is not what the Beatles sang.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyfhZ...eature=related
k3fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-19, 02:37   Link #296
onemadcow

Afterschool Tea Time is out, and I just got done listening to it. It's sort of a mixed bag for me at first, but overall I'm happy with it and I'm sure I'll warm to the rest over time. A few generalizations first, though:

1) Too much Yui, not enough Mio.
2) No instrumental versions, though I knew that going in.
3) The 'live' versions were taken from the 2nd school festival (with Azunyan)
4) It would appear, at least live, that the only person they trust singing harmony is Mio.

'Curry nochi rice' is a very high energy number that suits Yui's singing style better. The vocal overdubs in the 'studio' version make this track. 'Mugi' gets an extended keyboard solo at the end.

'Watashi no koi wa hotchkiss' was prominently featured in episode 8. It's a great mid-tempo number; probably the best composition of the collection. The studio version has more keyboard overdubs and features Yui for the entire fisrt verse/chorus, with Mio on the second. The live version is more sparse, and features Yui on lead vocals for all but the first half of the first verse (just like the show). This is probably so that Mio is free for backing vocals (since she did both her's & Yui's in the studio version)

'Fuda pen ~ball pen~' picks up the tempo, but is melodically similar in style to 'Hotckiss'. The studio version has Yui on lead vocals with Mio backing. The live version has Mio on lead with no backing vocals. I think I like the live version better.

BTW, the same composer/lyricist is credited for all three songs, and they're different from the people who wrote the OP/ED or the next track...

'Fuwafuwa time (5 person version)'. You already know this one well, except this time Yui is singing lead on both versions, and Azunyan takes the solo on the studio version. This was probably the biggest downer of the record for me because this song just doesn't suit Yui's voice, even if she was supposed to sing it the first time around. Mio makes the spoken portions work, where Yui fails epically.

I'm guessing this CD was out on shelves in Japan on Saturday, which was no big surprise, so expect really inflated first day sales. Another interesting note is that 'After-school Tea Time' is classified as an album, and the only real competition they seem to have is a new album from C-ute and a re-mix album from Unicorn. Not sure what to make of this, but a #1 rank is not totally out of the question at this point.
onemadcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-19, 17:54   Link #297
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

I thought the live mix was a proper Studio live or something...I agree with most people, too much Yui not enough Mio. Just simply Mio's seiyuu's vocals is better. If Mio's seiyuu can sing all her songs live almost identical to the CD version, she'll be the next Chihara Minori, just because I don't think anyone anytime soon can catch up with Mizuki Nana's fame, plus Nagatou (She was the only one from the haruhi cast to be on the top-10 anime waifu)was the most popular character in Haruhi, just like Mio from K-on and Chihara Minori can sing pretty good lives, unlike a certain seiyuu -cough-

Fuda pen ~ball pen~ with Mio's vocals is definately the jewel from this EP. This song matches her vocal range then Yui.
Old 2009-07-19, 18:17   Link #298
Sidestep
Bumpy jumpy~!
*Graphic Designer

I find the Curry song and Fuwa Fuwa Time to suit Yui better while the Pen song and My Love is a Stapler suit Mio better.
Old 2009-07-19, 19:44   Link #299
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

You know, if you grab the different Yui and Mio versions, and mix them properly (eg: sync, giving one track a little volume boost etc) They actually sound better than any of the two separated. I have tried this with Fuwa Fuwa time and the pen one. I used audacity, for the ones who care.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-19, 19:45   Link #300
Tamad
デゲソ!! ( ・_・)ノ

Thoughts on the whole album here.