AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

View Poll Results: Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - Episode 55 Rating
Perfect 10 30 53.57%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 18 32.14%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 3 5.36%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 7.14%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.79%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-05-03, 15:31   Link #41
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaimeGuy View Post
He also deflects them with his sword, too, in the preview.

Get ready, Lord Crow, for the biggest display of badassery in FMA. You see some stuff on who he fights in the preview, but the battle involves so much more than that
When I first read this upcoming bit in the manga, my first thought was "That's not even fair..." ^_^
Old 2010-05-03, 16:14   Link #42
zebra
❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❥

Send a message via AIM to zebra Send a message via MSN to zebra
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
Makes you wonder how many times more their gonna have to kill him before he's dead. Im hoping the train explosion counted as one

Dumb question but is there a set number to how many times a Homunculi can die before dying for real or does it depend on the Homunculus itself?

If this answer is a spoiler, feel free to PM the answer to me.
It depends on the number of souls that are left in their stone. So yes there is a set number they can die, unless they replenish their resources. Out of souls = no regeneration, no more.

Regarding King Bradley .. dunno if it's a spoiler since it never got said outright:
Spoiler for King Badass:
I think someone reasoned that here in another thread very nicely, too.
Old 2010-05-03, 16:21   Link #43
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
It depends on the number of souls that are left in their stone. So yes there is a set number they can die, unless they replenish their resources. Out of souls = no regeneration, no more.

Regarding King Bradley .. dunno if it's a spoiler since it never got said outright:
Spoiler for King Badass:
I think someone reasoned that here in another thread very nicely, too.
I think this is correct, and it has been mentioned earlier, but I'm not so sure Greedlin has only the one soul. In fact, we know that he has at least two (Lin and the Greed consciousness), but since Lin ceded control to Greed almost immediately, there was no fighting and destroying of Lin's body or the souls required to remake it. The only question that leaves is how many souls (besides the Greed consciousness) did Father put into Lin? Certainly fewer than your average Homunculus, but was it more than just the one?

Last edited by quigonkenny; 2010-05-03 at 18:34.
Old 2010-05-03, 16:30   Link #44
saravis

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaimeGuy View Post
Er.... but she IS a housewife.. She helps Sig run the butchery and does all the cleaning and stuff.

yeah, she's an alchemist, but her "full time job" is helping Sig out with the shop.
Oh yeah, duh, scratch the latter then. For some reason I was getting housewife and mother mixed up.
Old 2010-05-03, 17:28   Link #45
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
I think this is correct, and it has been mentioned earlier, but I'm not so sure Greedlin has only the one souls. In fact, we know that he has at least two (Lin and the Greed consciousness), but since Lin ceded control to Greed almost immediately, there was no fighting and destroying of Lin's body or the souls required to remake it. The only question that leaves is how many souls (besides the Greed consciousness) did Father put into Lin? Certainly fewer than your average Homunculus, but was it more than just the one?
Didn't father (or someone) mention that he was wondering which soul would come out the winner when he placed the stone inside Ling (therefore suggesting multiple souls in the stone)?
Old 2010-05-03, 17:53   Link #46
Vicious108

Finally watched the episode. Alex and Sig team up obviously wasn't as cool as in the manga, but they did well with what they could, considering how the crappy episode 13 cut their first meeting.

Next episode, homunculus vs homunculus showdown. Should be awesome.
Old 2010-05-03, 18:20   Link #47
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Didn't father (or someone) mention that he was wondering which soul would come out the winner when he placed the stone inside Ling (therefore suggesting multiple souls in the stone)?
I think he was referring to Ling & Greed.
Old 2010-05-03, 18:25   Link #48
zebra
❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❥

Send a message via AIM to zebra Send a message via MSN to zebra
Quote:
I think this is correct, and it has been mentioned earlier, but I'm not so sure Greedlin has only the one souls. In fact, we know that he has at least two (Lin and the Greed consciousness), but since Lin ceded control to Greed almost immediately, there was no fighting and destroying of Lin's body or the souls required to remake it. The only question that leaves is how many souls (besides the Greed consciousness) did Father put into Lin? Certainly fewer than your average Homunculus, but was it more than just the one?
Ahhh that's right! Forgot about him surrendering. Does make more sense, since he wouldn't be immortal as he wanted to be otherwise. Forgot, because he's Greed and doesn't get hurt normally, with that skin of his.
Old 2010-05-03, 19:07   Link #49
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Episode LV: The Adult's Way of Life

Since now that both Father and Hohenheim have begun their last stand, I'm going to start the countdown to the last episode.

So, there's only 8 episodes left for this tale to finish, but the plot's last leg is just barely pumping-up.

Spoiler:

What could have been the best one-liner quote of this quote to be worth gold:
Spoiler:
Old 2010-05-04, 01:10   Link #50
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Gotta love the meeting of the muscled men . They really just owned Sloth when combining their forces. Plus have to agree that Izumi is pretty win. That entrance was pretty nice with the initial attack and the set up throw.

Plus when Hohenheim fights it's always pretty fun. He is just so casual most of the time. Still he really can get under his opponent's skin with his insights and plus you are just forced to take him seriously.
Old 2010-05-04, 04:51   Link #51
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet

Dude, Izumi makes the most incredible entries ever! ... Any ep where Izumi shows up = PURE WIN!

Also... the look in the Armstrong siblings as Izumi shows her sexy strength is priceless (see screenshots below)

Spoiler for SCREENSHOTS:

I am dying to see whats going to happen with the Fuhrer
Old 2010-05-04, 08:48   Link #52
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
I think this is correct, and it has been mentioned earlier, but I'm not so sure Greedlin has only the one soul. In fact, we know that he has at least two (Lin and the Greed consciousness), but since Lin ceded control to Greed almost immediately, there was no fighting and destroying of Lin's body or the souls required to remake it. The only question that leaves is how many souls (besides the Greed consciousness) did Father put into Lin? Certainly fewer than your average Homunculus, but was it more than just the one?
Wasn't there a scene where Greed was thinking about how even with so many souls in him, he still feels empty? (I think after his first fight with Wrath) So I guess he has more than a handfull of souls in him.

Will proprly get around to watch the epi some time today after class, but from the screens on RC looks like a good episode again, but then again it has been like this for a while now right?
Old 2010-05-04, 11:38   Link #53
Vicious108

Greedling regenerated his entire arm back when Gluttony ate it during their fight with Pride. So yeah, he has enough souls.
Old 2010-05-04, 12:11   Link #54
destiny4everlove

Episode 55

Spoiler for for saving space:

Thank you so much for my beautiful avy and my amazing sig, TheEroKing!!!
Old 2010-05-04, 15:09   Link #55
Shinigami00

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Plus when Hohenheim fights it's always pretty fun. He is just so casual most of the time. Still he really can get under his opponent's skin with his insights and plus you are just forced to take him seriously.
Yep! Totally agree! Much like his son!
Old 2010-05-04, 20:53   Link #56
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

While this one falls a notch below the uber-great 54 - not as much real drama - it still gets high marks for ridiculous levels of GAR. All of the key players are finally gathering, not least Bradley. I never believed for a second he was dead, but that was nevertheless a helluva entrance. "Badass" is the only way to do it justice, and its clear he's going to whup some butt with extreme prejudice in the next episode. For all the blood & violence so far, I suspect it's nothing to what we're about to see.
Old 2010-05-04, 21:02   Link #57
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
While this one falls a notch below the uber-great 54 - not as much real drama - it still gets high marks for ridiculous levels of GAR. All of the key players are finally gathering, not least Bradley. I never believed for a second he was dead, but that was nevertheless a helluva entrance. "Badass" is the only way to do it justice, and its clear he's going to whup some butt with extreme prejudice in the next episode. For all the blood & violence so far, I suspect it's nothing to what we're about to see.
You have no idea... ^_^
Old 2010-05-04, 22:00   Link #58
Shinigami00

HAHAHA! Yep! I expect pure brutality this next episode.
Old 2010-05-05, 02:33   Link #59
xxkathxx

Cool episode.

I practically lol when I saw Sig & Alex's team up.

And went at Izumi's shoulder throw of mendoiSloth. Sugoi.

I like the part where we just see Wrath's legs walking past Al & company.

Next week - looking forward to the fight between Greedling and Wrath.

My question tho' - what took Wrath so long to come back from the train explosion?
Old 2010-05-05, 02:50   Link #60
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxkathxx View Post
My question tho' - what took Wrath so long to come back from the train explosion?
Presumably, he had to walk. Someone blew up his transportation, remember? Not to mention that "so long" was actually less than a day.