Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2011-06-28, 13:20   Link #3161
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
No need to, I've already got this covered. I'm just waiting for my hard copy of Volume 1 to arrive before I put it out =)
Why don't you both coordinate the translation to get it out twice as quickly?
Old 2011-06-28, 13:26   Link #3162
Kyardan

Send a message via MSN to Kyardan
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirei View Post

Spoiler for a bit of translation from p. 317:

Oh, my little fanboy heart just leapt with joy over that spoiler. I'm still cautiously watching this whole Katerina/Heero thing play out--just paranoid.

As for the capsules: Heero and Relena or Heero and Katerina?
Old 2011-06-28, 14:26   Link #3163
Kitsoru
:3c

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyardan View Post
Oh, my little fanboy heart just leapt with joy over that spoiler....

As for the capsules: Heero and Relena or Heero and Katerina?
IAWTC

Heero and Relena I'm assuming, considering Heero and Relena were in them.

EDIT: It just occured to me what the Heecapsule reminds me of.
Kitsoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-28, 14:30   Link #3164
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsoru View Post
It just occured to me what the Heecapsule reminds me of.
Ah, rose bits. So many memories. George should have been a girl.
Old 2011-06-28, 15:00   Link #3165
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
Why don't you both coordinate the translation to get it out twice as quickly?
I'm already completely caught up? :P
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-28, 18:04   Link #3166
Leave The Pieces

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirei View Post
"A lovely lady, with teary eyes, looks happy from the bottom of her heart as she is reunited with the person she loves"
Holy crap, see, I knew Sumizawa's been reading too much fan fiction. 90% of the fan fics I have read out there has 2xH married, 6x9 having kids, Wu Fei barely given a role (which bothers me to no end, Wu Fei is awesome!), Trowa and Quatre staying by each other's side for the rest of their lives post EW, a 1xR reunion... and Relena a pathetic, hopeless romantic.

I am so pissed. She was NEVER a lovestruck masochistic kitten in the series or EW like her haters insist she is. Congratulations Sumizawa, you just made their OOC accusations legit.

Anyway, that is my rant. Apologies. Thank you very much mirei and Karla for the scans and translations. Heero and Katerina look damn good together, I must say. And now I can finally imagine Pilot!Heero tall. XD
Leave The Pieces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-28, 21:28   Link #3167
allison13

My copy of Ace shipped today, whooo.

Still waiting to hear if they can get Volume 3 for me. Still says "in process" and I haven't heard otherwise.
allison13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-28, 21:37   Link #3168
Kitsoru

(I know it's a rant, but in the spirit of discussion, allow me a rebuttal!)

Hmmm.. I don't see it, sorry. Wufei has plenty of a role in the story- more than Quatre or Trowa anyway; he had an entire fight scene to himself last chapter it looked like, and he was present and helping with exposition the entire time the files were being watched.
As for uh... the 'fic', well, there's a reason everyone had that happening. It was easily predictable- everyone knew it was stuff that was going to happen if you took the events in series and manga to their logical conclusions. I don't get how it's a problem that he followed through on these things, just because it's 15 years later and everyone and their mother has already also followed up on those story threads. In fact, I don't think he's been super predictable at all in his job at following them up. How many of those fic have Hilde divorcing Duo then dying?
As for Relena.. well, the novel is a shift in storytelling style and perspective from the anime- you have narration now, from a new person every chapter. If you took peoples' navelgazing away (which c'mon, that's Sumisawa's and Gundam Wing's staple!), it wouldn't be half as sappy. Also, the bit you quoted is narrated by Duo, so if anything, you should be calling HIM a sap But no, I think she's always been like this. Look at her shiny-eyes at Heero in just about any scene in series, but especially episode 48. I think there's such a negative reaction to *certain aspects of fandom* whining about Relena being either too girly or a bossy bitch that people get neurotic about her portrayals when she shows either side strongly (and I don't necessarily mean you, but in general.) In a situation like that where Heero's going off to die, and with the situation she's in here, you don't think she'd be thinking something like that? And beyond that.... I don't see why it's bad for her to be, as Duo says, sad that the person she loves has to kill her. That IS sad.

(As for why has to be killed now that we know she also wants it, which adds a new dimension to this story now, I have a few guesses as to why that might be- since it's already been mentioned she might be a 'hostage' of sorts.)

This is just my opinion of course, but I keep seeing people talking about how the novel is like 'bad fanfic' yet it's never the elements that are actually problematic (IMO I guess- lazy generation xerox character designs, plot threads referenced all over the place without following up on them) that get brought up!
Old 2011-06-28, 22:54   Link #3169
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
This is just my opinion of course, but I keep seeing people talking about how the novel is like 'bad fanfic' yet it's never the elements that are actually problematic (IMO I guess- lazy generation xerox character designs, plot threads referenced all over the place without following up on them) that get brought up!
Well said and I agree.

As entertaining as the novel has been so far, the Generation Xerox characters and seemingly infinite sub-plots, few of which have been revisited much less resolved, have been a little disappointing. There's obviously time for Sumisawa to wrap up the numerous loose ends but I don't understand why he decided to have so many retreads.
Old 2011-06-29, 01:56   Link #3170
mirei

Hm, for one thing, Frozen Teardrop is a novel. Of course, it has to be descriptive for the reader to imagine the characters' expression and how they say their lines. This novel will fail in narration for me if all I read are dialogues with no descriptive character expressions. It's definitely different in reading a manga, (although some critical readers go beyond what is drawn in interpreting a character's expressions/actions). And, this isn't the first time Relena said she missed/wanted to see Heero.

Quote:
Also, the bit you quoted is narrated by Duo, so if anything, you should be calling HIM a sap But no, I think she's always been like this. Look at her shiny-eyes at Heero in just about any scene in series, but especially episode 48. I think there's such a negative reaction to *certain aspects of fandom* whining about Relena being either too girly or a bossy bitch that people get neurotic about her portrayals when she shows either side strongly (and I don't necessarily mean you, but in general.) In a situation like that where Heero's going off to die, and with the situation she's in here, you don't think she'd be thinking something like that? And beyond that.... I don't see why it's bad for her to be, as Duo says, sad that the person she loves has to kill her. That IS sad.
This. Not to mention that he grew up to be an angst-y priest:

Spoiler for translation:

It is also interesting to note that this is from Duo's POV ^_^ He sees Relena as pretty in his eyes, and he is well-aware of her feelings to Heero, which I don't think is OOC at all. I would kick Duo if he described Relena as ugly, having a solid face with no emotions at all. Duo did a good job in describing the scene before him, whether he's a 1xR shipper or not xD At least there's one character who is a witness to the relationship of Heero and Relena. And it's kinda nostalgic when he said that 'a cute smile of a girl' had returned to Relena's face, even just for a moment. yes, he feels old, lol.

I still have to fix that translation for proper wordings, but I'll finish the previous pages so I can follow Duo's train of thoughts.
mirei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-29, 03:20   Link #3171
Leave The Pieces

Quote:
(I know it's a rant, but in the spirit of discussion, allow me a rebuttal!)
First and foremost, I did call it a rant, so everything I stated that I disliked about what is going on was based on purely personal preference. It's nothing more than venting for me. Nevertheless, anyone is welcome to disagree but before anyone gets the wrong idea, I didn't write it for the purpose of opening a debate or worse, a flame-y argument.

I am NOT saying that you will lead it to that, I'm just saying this so that those who will participate in this certain topic (if anyone else will participate, that is) know that I didn't open it to start a rough argument. And I hope no one kicks me out of the thread.

Anyway:

Spoiler for NOTHING NEW HERE. Just a response. It's too long I have no doubt in my mind it will piss a lot of people off so I'll just hide it under here.:

You don't have to read all this and tbh, I wouldn't be surprised if you decided not to.
Old 2011-06-29, 04:36   Link #3172
Kitsoru

lmao Duo, you drama queen. But yeah, he (and Quatre) are totally 1xR shippers, they've had lines in the series that have basically outright said so XD

@LeaveThePieces: Don't worry, the only people that get laughed out of the thread are people that throw hissyfits, and you're stating your points very clearly and logically, so thank you for that (seriously, how hard is it for some people to just have a calm discussion ;_; )

Spoiler for loooong discussion!:

Last edited by Kitsoru; 2011-06-29 at 06:07.
Old 2011-06-29, 07:28   Link #3173
Leave The Pieces

Quote:
I guess he feels he has to throw them a bone somewhere, or maybe Sunrise made him for the sake of not alienating one of their money sources XD
That made me lol. Amen.

Spoiler for Again, too long. I enjoyed this discussion with you a bit too much.:
Old 2011-06-29, 14:28   Link #3174
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

So according to the W Concierge, the Epyon Pi is called "Gundam Epyon White" >>;;

And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Old 2011-06-29, 14:30   Link #3175
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Yeah, it was mentioned in the model thread. More accurately, it is called the Eypon Bai, which is chinese for white.
Old 2011-06-29, 14:41   Link #3176
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

So the Chinese is Bai? Weird... they say パイ in katakana (pai). :/

Old 2011-06-30, 11:48   Link #3177
Karla

The list goes on...

... the list of carbon copies of the old GW characters in FT

It isn't that hard to give them a SLIGHTLY different hairstyle, Ms Asagi?

Spoiler for Illustration of Naina, Milou & Katherine:
Karla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-30, 13:09   Link #3178
Nishiio
AHH IT'S A GUNDAM--*boom*

*buries face in hands*

What the hell is going on Sumisawa??!! xDDD Oh man. I haven't checked on this thread for about two weeks and I come back to this...alskdfjaskdf

Thanks for hosting the scans on a separate site and thanks for giving all the latest spoilers! As annoyed as I am with the developments, I can't stay away, haha.

*bites nails and awaits new cracktastic developments*
Nishiio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-30, 13:57   Link #3179
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

I'm working on Glory of the Defeated right now Should be out in a couple days. Anyone wanna help with QC? Kit?

Old 2011-06-30, 15:02   Link #3180
Kitsoru

LMAO Naina. Ohhh Naina. For some reason her design bugs me more than Milou's does... >__>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
I'm working on Glory of the Defeated right now Should be out in a couple days. Anyone wanna help with QC? Kit?
Sure! I'm a grammar nazi. Want me to PM my email?

Last edited by Kitsoru; 2011-06-30 at 15:19.

Tags
frozen teardrop, glory of the losers, gundam wing