AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-09-08, 13:13   Link #2861
tsunade666

Thanks for the summary and partial translation. And I understand that you can't resist to translate it when it's so good that you can't express it unless you translate it
Old 2012-09-08, 17:58   Link #2862
sapphiron

did tsunade get banned? what happaned?
Old 2012-09-09, 17:02   Link #2863
tsunade666

the available summary is up to what part of the vol 12? is the summary already finish the chapter of Kikuyo and only chapter 5 and epilogue left?

ah, indeed I got myself banned thanks to a certain popular sub forum thread and no one even notice though its also my first time I get myself banned. Refraction is a normal thing but not banned. I won't ever go to that thread ever again.
Old 2012-09-09, 17:11   Link #2864
TJP1600
小桃姑娘

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
the available summary is up to what part of the vol 12? is the summary already finish the chapter of Kikuyo and only chapter 5 and epilogue left?
Yes I finished the rest of CH4, only CH5+epilogue remains.....great, now an epilogue to add salt to the wound....totally forgot about that. In any case, I'm going to need a while with all the other stuff I have going on.
Old 2012-09-09, 23:12   Link #2865
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

Anyone beside me think that the light novel is getting kind of "out of there"
Spoiler for LN:
xBakaChanx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-10, 00:11   Link #2866
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by xBakaChanx View Post
Spoiler for LN:
inb4 all the supernatural things that happened here.
Old 2012-09-10, 03:07   Link #2867
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

lol i mean all the things were pretty illogical, but it at least make sense to a certain extent in the beginning of the story...now its just........what's that about human being the strongest......LIE =I
Old 2012-09-10, 04:12   Link #2868
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

The illogical stuff is the reason why I quit following this series. >_>
And it looks like the author is still not learning from Kamachi or Kawakami about handling historical figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Wukong on Wikipedia
Sun Wukong possesses an immense amount of strength; he is able to lift his 13,500 jīn (8,100 kg or 17,881 lbs) staff with ease. He is also superbly fast, able to travel 108,000 li (54,000 kilometers or 33,554 mi) in one somersault. Sun knows 72 transformations, which allows him to transform into various animals and objects; he has trouble, however, transforming into other people, because he is unable to complete the transformation of his tail. He is a skilled fighter, capable of holding his own against the best generals of heaven. Each of his hairs possesses magical properties, and is capable of transforming either into a clone of the Monkey King himself, or various weapons, animals, and other objects. He also knows spells that can command wind, part water, conjure protective circles against demons, and freeze humans, demons, and gods alike.
This alone can make Sun Wukong more powerful that most Butei, and he still chose to add laser eye beams. WTF.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-10, 14:09   Link #2869
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
The illogical stuff is the reason why I quit following this series. >_>
And it looks like the author is still not learning from Kamachi or Kawakami about handling historical figures.

This alone can make Sun Wukong more powerful that most Butei, and he still chose to add laser eye beams. WTF.
Well that is just myth so he can get out of that by saying the myth is just exaggerated by people who passed down the story, cause if that really is the setting of son wukong in the story....I can't really think of any way a butei can go against him....
Old 2012-09-10, 15:44   Link #2870
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Dude, the only thing I totally despise about this series is its shitty name and Aria...
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-10, 15:56   Link #2871
tsunade666

I think the legend doesn't actually reflect the strength of this version of Son Wukong but I'm not sure since I haven't read about her yet.

But setting wise. We should be prepared already when vol 2 happens. A shrine maiden vs witch spell spam battle. The anime didn't turn into like that but novel wise it did.

The setting might be pretty absurd and unbalance but isn't that the same for other recent works? MC first weak goes strong.

Though Marcus your example for Kamachi and Kawakami's use of legends might be screwed up but their settings is one I loved the most because they don't do the stupid shounen power up. The power levels stay same. A strong one can be beat by a weak one by careful planning of strategy and team work. It doesn't always RARR Power vs power which is pretty shounenish type of work.
Old 2012-09-10, 17:27   Link #2872
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

Quote:
I think the legend doesn't actually reflect the strength of this version of Son Wukong but I'm not sure since I haven't read about her yet.

But setting wise. We should be prepared already when vol 2 happens. A shrine maiden vs witch spell spam battle. The anime didn't turn into like that but novel wise it did.

The setting might be pretty absurd and unbalance but isn't that the same for other recent works? MC first weak goes strong.

Though Marcus your example for Kamachi and Kawakami's use of legends might be screwed up but their settings is one I loved the most because they don't do the stupid shounen power up. The power levels stay same. A strong one can be beat by a weak one by careful planning of strategy and team work. It doesn't always RARR Power vs power which is pretty shounenish type of work.
Well Kinji did get different version of his Hysteria mode as the story goes along, so that's kind of a level up? The only thing I don't like about the son wukong setting is just that he's too overpowered...I mean
Spoiler for LN:
Old 2012-09-10, 17:31   Link #2873
Richocet
Lover of Purity

Quote:
Well Kinji did get different version of his Hysteria mode as the story goes along, so that's kind of a level up? The only thing I don't like about the son wukong setting is just that he's too overpowered...I mean
Spoiler for LN:
Spoiler:
Old 2012-09-10, 17:38   Link #2874
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richocet View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler for LN:
Old 2012-09-10, 17:44   Link #2875
tsunade666

Isn't G 3 or is it Kino? or what ever his name was surprised attack by Sun Wukong? or rather his not really ready and is he even in hysteria mode when he fought the enemy? and is Suno Wukong girl or boy? is she the Konata look alike in vol 13?
Old 2012-09-10, 18:11   Link #2876
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

Quote:
Isn't G 3 or is it Kino? or what ever his name was surprised attack by Sun Wukong? or rather his not really ready and is he even in hysteria mode when he fought the enemy? and is Suno Wukong girl or boy? is she the Konata look alike in vol 13?
Spoiler for LN:
Old 2012-09-10, 19:05   Link #2877
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I think it's already time for me to throw away the "detective" part of the Butei name because the story never focused on case solving. It's really just fighting tougher and tougher opponents and Kinji getting more and more powerups. It's like Bleach.

Quote:
Well that is just myth so he can get out of that by saying the myth is just exaggerated by people who passed down the story, cause if that really is the setting of son wukong in the story....I can't really think of any way a butei can go against him....
I don't think Sun Wukong shooting lasers from her eyes is not exaggerating.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Old 2012-09-10, 20:10   Link #2878
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

Quote:
I think it's already time for me to throw away the "detective" part of the Butei name because the story never focused on case solving. It's really just fighting tougher and tougher opponents and Kinji getting more and more powerups. It's like Bleach.

I don't think Sun Wukong shooting lasers from her eyes is not exaggerating.
Lol i meant the other aspects like transformation, super speed etc lol....if he can really do that don't think any humans would stand any chance....
Lol i gave up on the detective part since like vol 1? Lol
Old 2012-09-10, 20:17   Link #2879
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I blame the author for shoving Sun Wukong on the story in that case.

Old 2012-09-10, 20:44   Link #2880
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Spoiler for LN:
IMO, it was out of there the moment there was a super soldier that used to be Obama's personal bodyguard... That's a high level of douchery.

Quote:
There's already Light Sabers in the story.

Laser Eye Beam is about that same level of 'BAD'.

Quote:
Though Marcus your example for Kamachi and Kawakami's use of legends might be screwed up but their settings is one I loved the most because they don't do the stupid shounen power up.
Not really; both Kamachi and Kawakami have properly set up their story so that from the very beginning you know exactly what is possible.

Kawakami's was more immediate the moment he listed down the different races (Half-Dragon? Ghosts?) while Kamachi is more gradual- he plants the possibilities in your head first with an early story.

Now it's just like HnA is doing whatever the heck he wants.

Quote:
Just make him/her a human with Wukong's name and problem solve...

...Except, he/she has laser eye beam.

In which, why bother calling him/her Wukong?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, detectives, guns, harem, lolis, mf bunko j, romance, shounen