Notices

Old 2006-02-05, 17:04   Link #1
YaoiBoy
[Live-eviL] Naughty Boy
*Fansubber

Send a message via MSN to YaoiBoy
Queen Millennia!

Well everyone,

The cat is out of the bag... Live-eviL has a new series. Queen Millennia is a series I've wanted to work on for a LONG time. I hope you enjoy it as much as I have.

Technical features of this .MKV series:
R2 DVD source
Formatted and Unformatted English subtitle tracks
Russian subtitle track(!)
Chapter stops
Remastered OP/ED in stereo
Embedded fonts to allow typesetting with non-standard Windows fonts
YaoiBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-05, 17:28   Link #2
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

One question.....

Spoiler:
Old 2006-02-05, 17:35   Link #3
IMSabbel

I dont think after the series... anidb lists the movie as a prequel to GE999, maybe they warped the storyline a bit there, as
Spoiler for the whole series:

Ah. Queen millenia or "Königin der 1000 Jahre".
This was the first anime i have ever seen, knowing it being an anime (i saw captain future and some other stuff earlier, but didnt know it was from japan). Should be 15 years or so now

It was only shown once in tv, and i missed the last episode. took me 12 years to find the wonders of filesharing to get it
IMSabbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-05, 19:37   Link #4
J´GLF

You people have made my day!!!!..
J´GLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-05, 19:54   Link #5
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMSabbel
I dont think after the series... anidb lists the movie as a prequel to GE999, maybe they warped the storyline a bit there, as
Spoiler for the whole series:

They recon it so She is.
Old 2006-02-05, 20:10   Link #6
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Yippee!!! I found it!

Spoiler:

It's going to be interesting to see what she was like before crap hit the fan.
Old 2006-02-05, 20:14   Link #7
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion
Yippee!!! I found it!

Spoiler:

It's going to be interesting to see what she was like before crap hit the fan.
Don't expect too much. When QM, GE999 and Harlock first came out they were all in seperate universes. It is only lately that they try hammering all 3 series into one universe.
Old 2006-02-07, 19:51   Link #8
kuru

I'm really happy Live-Evil is doing this project. I've seen the 8 first episodes fansubbed on VHS (by Gassaru no Bara) and have always being anxious to see more. Thanks for doing it.
kuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-11, 03:01   Link #9
YaoiBoy
[Live-eviL] Naughty Boy
*Fansubber

Send a message via MSN to YaoiBoy
OUT: Queen Millennia (TV) - 02!

Hello everyone,

Without further ado, we present you the next episode of the dramatic tale of Queen Millennia. This may become my favorite Matsumoto anime. It contains one of the most dramatic music scores I’ve heard since Yamato!

Release features of this MKV:

1) English and Russian soft-subbed subtitle tracks (formatted and un-formatted)
2) Remasted OP/ED audio
3) DVD source video
4) Chapter Stops

File Size is 184333385 bytes (175MB) - CRC is AF3A10F8 - MD5 is 798551cafc33a668adcd752ee7b9e047.

Available now via BitTorrent.
Enjoy!

Last edited by YaoiBoy; 2006-06-12 at 07:33.
YaoiBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-11, 06:40   Link #10
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Does Live-eviL have any intention of subbing through the whole series? This is what I'm afraid of most often: a lot of subbing groups start to sub good classic anime, but in the end they don't finish it. Can we be assured of your will to sub throughout all of these? Because I'll try an episode if you would.

Still is torn with the lack of Hiatari Ryoukou updates and on a newer scale Legendary Gambler Tetsuya ...
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-11, 09:21   Link #11
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos
Don't expect too much. When QM, GE999 and Harlock first came out they were all in seperate universes. It is only lately that they try hammering all 3 series into one universe.
By Harlock, do you mean Captain Harlock, the series to which Gun Frontier is a sequel? If that's the case, I will check this out.
Radiosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-12, 00:33   Link #12
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by physics223
Does Live-eviL have any intention of subbing through the whole series? This is what I'm afraid of most often: a lot of subbing groups start to sub good classic anime, but in the end they don't finish it. Can we be assured of your will to sub throughout all of these? Because I'll try an episode if you would.

Still is torn with the lack of Hiatari Ryoukou updates and on a newer scale Legendary Gambler Tetsuya ...
Live-eviL's policy is to ALWAYS finish what they start, regardless of how many years it takes. Unless it gets licensed. This isn't the first classic show they've started subbing and they haven't dropped any of the others either.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-12, 02:55   Link #13
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Thanks, NSW. I'll try an episode then.
Old 2006-06-12, 11:38   Link #14
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

This has nothing on Adachi's works. How the characters were draws was really disquieting, how it seems to be sexist by having the girls drawn properly and the guys' eyes drawn like two dots in two white circles. The story's pretty good, but come on - it just doesn't have enough kick like Adachi's HR or Touch to really make me continue plodding on.

(I've had more fun watching Ideon, honestly. I got until episode three before I moved away from my house to go to a good uni, and I plan to procure that series in the future when it's all done and there's a batch torrent for it.)

Ideon also has better art and animation, IMHO. I'm still going to watch the second episode, but it's not something to die for like Akagi, which is only tangentially connected to this topic (barely) but I felt I needed to compare what I feel with something.

Also on a tangentially connected topic, any old works that are well-made, guys? (Aside from Maison Ikkoku and Adachi's works, that is - and NO Urusei Yatsura ... that story practically goes in circles. I also don't want God Mars or any of those, but I'm pretty sure to look into Mobile Suit Gundam. )
Old 2006-06-12, 22:07   Link #15
Aeris DJ
エルフ

Well this is definitely a surprise for me, I never expected to see this one again. I saw it when I was a kid, and I know the character animation isn't the greatest (on the other hand if you see the backgrounds they're quite detailed), but seeing the first episode only (for those who haven't seen it before) isn't going to make you get stuck. You have to give it time, this series has about 42 episodes in which it develops well the story and characters. From my early memories, it sometimes felt kinda slow paced. About old stuff well done, don't now really, it seems that the old stuff I have seen is kid stuff (after all I WAS a kid then) or more mature things with quite old animation like lupin the 3rd or Hayao Miyazaki's works. Or is that too old?
Old 2006-06-12, 22:13   Link #16
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

That's why I've downloaded the second episode. Although not a series that would remain in my HD after viewing, I can still give it enough time, although I hate it how well the women are drawn and how ugly the men are drawn. x|
Old 2006-06-12, 22:25   Link #17
Aeris DJ
エルフ

It's the same as other Matsumoto's works. Captain Harlock (this one I remotely remember, for I saw it more or less at the same time as Queen Millenia, probably before), also has women well drawn and men kinda ugly most of the time. However, not all women are pretty in Queen Millenia, check out Yayoi's adoptive mom, which appeared in the first ep. Later on, there are "regular" sized guys, not as ugly as the Amamoris.
Old 2006-06-12, 22:35   Link #18
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Is Matsumoto a woman? Is he/she sexist?

Anyway, I liked the balance in Adachi's works - they're better, IMO.
Old 2006-06-12, 23:02   Link #19
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by physics223
Is Matsumoto a woman? Is he/she sexist?

Anyway, I liked the balance in Adachi's works - they're better, IMO.
Leiji Matsumoto is a guy.

I don't even know why you are comparing his and adachi's work together? Adaich writes high school sport/romance and Mastumoto writes scifi and drama, Two totally different genre.

I personally can't wait to for the rest QM. I remeber watching some of it as a kid and had resign myself t only watching the movie. LE is to commented for bring a classic like QM.
Old 2006-06-12, 23:17   Link #20
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

It's the apples-oranges argument. But I'm talking about the art and animation, and I think Adachi's better than Matsumoto - comparing Touch and QM, that is. Anyway, thanks for the info.