AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-12-06, 04:42   Link #1321
Peanutbutter

Lol at Vegeta sleeping in front of Goku. That was different from the manga.

For the info, I never got the chance to watch the original DBZ. So Kai is really something I've been wishing for.
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-06, 04:56   Link #1322
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanutbutter003 View Post
Lol at Vegeta sleeping in front of Goku. That was different from the manga.
Yeah it's something that happened in DBZ.
Old 2009-12-06, 08:56   Link #1323
Michsi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanutbutter003 View Post
Dragonball was fun, until Piccolo started the "enemy who appears to destroy the earth" cycles and it felt repetitive after a while.
Really? For me that's when things started to get intersting. Second martial arts tournament until saiyan saga are my favorite part of the entire DB story.
Things started getting repetetive only after the Namek saga IMO.
Michsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-06, 11:09   Link #1324
Vicious108

The Tenkaichi Budokais in Dragon Ball were incredibly fun. It's a shame DBZ never had one of those. The only one it did have got interrupted like 3 matches into it. =/
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-06, 12:08   Link #1325
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
The Tenkaichi Budokais in Dragon Ball were incredibly fun. It's a shame DBZ never had one of those. The only one it did have got interrupted like 3 matches into it. =/
DBZ had 2 Tenkaichi Budokai tournaments (the one that you mentioned and the one where Goku fights Uub at the very end of the series). But yeah, they definitely weren't as good as the ones in Dragon Ball. Goku vs Tien at the 22nd Tournament finals is in my top 5 favorite battles in the entire story.
Old 2009-12-06, 14:09   Link #1326
Vicious108

Oh yeah I always forget the one with Uub. Probably because it sucked so much.

And yeah, IMO all of Tenshinhan's battles in the tournaments were awesome. One of the reasons why he's one of my favorite characters in the series.

Him vs Goku in the tournament finals was amazing indeed, but I might've liked Tenshinhan vs Muten Roshi in the semi-finals even better. Such an awesome battle with a great story of a misguided warrior finding his true path behind it.
Old 2009-12-06, 16:26   Link #1327
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Goku vs Tien at the 22nd Tournament finals is in my top 5 favorite battles in the entire story.
Yeah, hands down. It's such a well written fight. & it's such a shame Tien doesn't shine as much in DBZ. He does have his moments though, like the fight with Nappa.
Old 2009-12-06, 16:42   Link #1328
Vicious108

Eh, that was more of a Nappa moment than anything. >_>

Tenshinhan's greatest moment in DBZ is probably

Spoiler:
Old 2009-12-06, 16:50   Link #1329
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Eh, that was more of a Nappa moment than anything. >_>
Not in my opinion, i mean Tien shown us what he's made off in that scene, and i loved it.
Old 2009-12-06, 17:11   Link #1330
Vicious108

Well if you mean his suicide Kikoho on Nappa, then yeah it was pretty cool. But the fight itself was just him being trounced over and over again by Nappa.

And since we're discussing Tenshinhan and all, I'd like to say that I miss his original seiyuu, Hirotaka Suzuoki. RIP you seiyuu legend!

Hikaru Midorikawa has been a fine substitute though, so I can't complain.

It's gonna be weird when Android 16 shows up with the same voice though. >_>
Old 2009-12-06, 17:11   Link #1331
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Well if you mean his suicide Kikoho on Nappa, then yeah it was pretty cool. But the fight itself was just him being trounced over and over again by Nappa.
Yeah, that is what i meant.

Quote:
It's gonna be weird when Android 16 shows up with the same voice though. >_>
In that case, i wouldn't be surprised if they changed 16's voice actor.

Last edited by Shiroth; 2009-12-06 at 18:26.
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-06, 23:18   Link #1332
Vicious108

Just finished episode 35. The Ginyu Force's mini arc is over, and they'll certainly be missed. Like Vegeta said, I pity the life ahead of Ginyu in that state, heh. And speaking of him, it always disappointed me a little when I saw his lack of reaction to Jeice's death.

Anyway, Vegeta himself was pretty badass in this episode and certainly kicked a lot of ass. Too bad he was dumb enough to take a freaking nap when the fate of his desired immortality hanged in the balanced. Also, the alarm clock seems to have been removed in Kai, lol.

And speaking of dumb, was it really wise of Nail to just reveal to Freeza that someone else will be getting the wish he desires, almost mocking him? I really wonder why Freeza didn't kill him, sure he was in a hurry but it would've taken him less than 5 seconds to do so. Plot protection so Piccolo can get a power-up, I guess.

And man Vegeta telling Gohan and Kuririn theirs was "chibi-size" armor was kinda funny.
Old 2009-12-07, 03:30   Link #1333
Blaat

Quote:
Too bad he was dumb enough to take a freaking nap when the fate of his desired immortality hanged in the balanced.
But hasn't he slept since he got healed after the first Zarbon fight? Not surprising that he wants to take a nap.

I always found it amusing that Gohan and Krillin look like a mini-me version of Vegeta and Nappa. Shame Gohan's hair doesn't match up with Vegeta's though.
Old 2009-12-07, 04:42   Link #1334
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Also, the alarm clock seems to have been removed in Kai, lol.
Because it was anime original. Not surprised they removed it.
Old 2009-12-07, 09:47   Link #1335
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
But hasn't he slept since he got healed after the first Zarbon fight? Not surprising that he wants to take a nap.
I guess, but it's still kinda weird that we see a character like him having such a need, when we rarely ever see characters in DBZ doing human needs like eating, using the toilet, sleeping, etc. It just seems like a convenient plot device to me so Vegeta doesn't get in on the three dragon ball wishes. >_>
Old 2009-12-07, 10:04   Link #1336
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

In the manga, Vegeta just fell asleep outside near Gohan while waiting for Kuririn to arrive back with Dende. He probably thought it would take a few hours, so having a little nap should have been no problem. Sure it's a huge mistake on his part, though if Kuririn had to travel all the way to the elder's place, then he wouldn't have missed the dragonball summoning.

In the anime, he sets an alarm while napping in front of Goku. Even in Kai you can see the alarm clock between Vegeta's legs. Of course they used this scene because there's no original footage for how the scene was done in the manga.

Sure it's a convenient plot device, though i don't see what's the problem with that when there's thousands of them in the series.

Last edited by Shiroth; 2009-12-07 at 11:56.
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-07, 13:50   Link #1337
saravis

Quote:
I guess, but it's still kinda weird that we see a character like him having such a need, when we rarely ever see characters in DBZ doing human needs like eating, using the toilet, sleeping, etc. It just seems like a convenient plot device to me so Vegeta doesn't get in on the three dragon ball wishes. >_>
Goku has been shown to sleep in the past and since he's a saiyan and Vegeta's a saiyan, I guess that means saiyans need rest. Like a previous poster said, Vegeta's been jumping around for quite a while, so its perfectly reasonable for him to take a nap when he gets the chance.
Old 2009-12-07, 13:58   Link #1338
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Another fun episode and we're nearing some of the best fights of the series. As for eating, well we all know that Goku eats enough to last him a month

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
DeX-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-07, 18:01   Link #1339
Noe
HARDCORE Fate addict™

Send a message via AIM to Noe Send a message via MSN to Noe
Ginyu is now a frog.

ALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!
#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net to revere, share, and cherish Fate Testarossa Harlaown.
My blog
Noe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-08, 00:56   Link #1340
Alchemist007
*Author

I wonder if that scene with bulma and the frog will be around, it rather a mood killer in DBZ since the main fight had just begun.