AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2011-07-24, 05:32   Link #3361
Mareike

Finally on a PC! It's been tough following the on-going discussions on my phone. ;A; Anyway...

In response to the discussion regarding Zechs hugging Relena:

Nothing left for me to say, as you guys have already expressed how I felt about that scene.

On Zechs as the big brother:

Not to hate on blondie (I'm a fan of his character), but I also think he's a pretty fail!brother for the most part. Yes, little Milliardo was very loving towards Relena, but as Zechs... Oh, dear.

I understand that he had to keep himself away until he's carried out his personal mission and that he does care for her, but... instead of being there with her and helping her out after he's done extracting his revenge, what does he do? He indulges in his insecurity, flies off to join White Fang and declares an all out war on Earth. He cares for her, ok, yet he keeps himself away. He burdens her with the responsibility that should have been his to begin with.

If I were Relena and he hugs me after all the that... I'd go "HU U?"

Let me join in on hitting his head with his mask. It might help stop him from conjuring another silly name should his stint as Cyrene fail.

Poor Relena. But even moreso: poor Noin.

On Gundam SEED...

Thank goodness I never bothered to watch the series! O_O I'm such a GW loyalist that I refused to watch other series esp. after how I didn't like G and X. Haha.

I thought Cagalli and Athrun looked cute, though. XD

On the next FT and GOTD(L) chapters:

Yayyyyyyyy! Eagerly awaiting the scans and translations! :3

Now I dunno if I got this correctly, but... Sabrina and Katrina are pilots, too? Nice love triangle, btw. Although... can't say I was surprised.

Last edited by Mareike; 2011-07-24 at 07:31.
Mareike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-24, 10:04   Link #3362
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

Ok, I'm going to make a few point about the relena/Zechs thing, related to LeavethePieces, Nishiio, IkuzeMinna, Omnicat, and everyone else

Spoiler for the discussion xD:
Faerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-24, 13:17   Link #3363
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
Pondering time!

MC-0001 = AC-178~181
MC-0017 = AC-210~213
MC-0022 = AC-220~223

Make sense?
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-24, 14:35   Link #3364
Aldaeus

Then I guess the AC timeline ended before it began in the series/ova because according to that math AC 195 to 197 was MC 0004 or something along those lines... I still subscribe to the theory that this is just a dodge around the OVA's last line how there were no longer any mobile suits including Gundams...
Aldaeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-24, 15:35   Link #3365
Kitsoru
:3c

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
Pondering time!

MC-0001 = AC-178~181
MC-0017 = AC-210~213
MC-0022 = AC-220~223

Make sense?
Hmm.. but following that, it'd be about 4 earth years to a MC year, but we know for a fact that Mars' years are about 2 Earth years.
I guess it'd make more sense for their ages, though... but.. hmm.

EDIT: Although.. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timekee...s#Martian_year
Kitsoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-24, 16:30   Link #3366
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
4? No no no no...

MC-0017 = AC210~213 (MC-0001: 16 years pass ⇒ AC time it's 16×2=32)
MC-0022 = AC220~223(MC-0017 5 years pass ⇒ AC time it's 5×2=10)
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-24, 16:42   Link #3367
Kitsoru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
4? No no no no...

MC-0017 = AC210~213 (MC-0001: 16 years pass ⇒ AC time it's 16×2=32)
MC-0022 = AC220~223(MC-0017 5 years pass ⇒ AC time it's 5×2=10)
fff you're right! lol this is why I'm an art student and not an accounting one

Yeah, sounds about right. And since the Noinheim were mentioned as going to Mars pretty early, that would mean they were already up there just about the time that the Gundam pilots woulda been born?

EDIT: Also by that math, Jr was stated to be about 4 in MC0017 NEXT SUMMER, sooo... yup, as I thought that places him at about 15 in present.
But Katherine, who was stated to be about 4 in MC0019, would only be about 10ish... yeesh.
Old 2011-07-24, 19:56   Link #3368
Aldaeus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsoru View Post
fff you're right! lol this is why I'm an art student and not an accounting one

Yeah, sounds about right. And since the Noinheim were mentioned as going to Mars pretty early, that would mean they were already up there just about the time that the Gundam pilots woulda been born?

EDIT: Also by that math, Jr was stated to be about 4 in MC0017 NEXT SUMMER, sooo... yup, as I thought that places him at about 15 in present.
But Katherine, who was stated to be about 4 in MC0019, would only be about 10ish... yeesh.
>.> 10ish is right <.< Well... it would pose an interesting question what is Katherine's age really...
Aldaeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-24, 23:12   Link #3369
Mareike

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkullFaerie View Post
Ok, I'm going to make a few point about the relena/Zechs thing, related to LeavethePieces, Nishiio, IkuzeMinna, Omnicat, and everyone else

Spoiler for the discussion xD:
I totally get where you're coming from. There's no denying the personal sacrifices he's made in the name of his family, especially for his sister. And yes, he does have every right to be messed up after all that he's gone through, although of course it was his still his choice to go down the path he did. He may feel that his actions are justified but the problem with him is that, imo, he indulged too much in his guilt and other negativities which kept him from being by her sister's side instead of depending on Noin to do his job for him.

What I'm trying to say, though, is that had I been his sister, I would have wanted him to be by my side as I deal with all the hullaballoo that came with the Peacecraft name. That's saying that I am unaware of the extent of his sacrifices (as Relena), only knowing the things he did and who he is from second-hand/third-hand sources. Then again, Relena seemed to have been just fine without him around what with Noin, Pagan, the boys and even Dorothy to guide her along. Still, it would have been nice to have Zechs fulfill his role as the brother with her, and not from afar (going on guilt-trips and declaring war on Earth). </3

And yes, Relena's not without fault either. However, if we say that Zechs has all the reason to be the way he is, I think that applies to Relena as well on account of her upbringing (and family situation, I suppose). I actually disliked her in the earlier stages of the series. Rude towards Sally, bossy towards Noin, sticking her nose in somebody else's business (back when I first watched the series, I couldn't understand why she just kept on hounding Heero and just let the boy be)... but as the show went on and I saw her transformation, I learned to appreciate her more. But that she seemed to have shown more concern for Heero than Zechs saddens me when they're both technically strangers to her and both of them have bloodied hands. But then, that's just me.

Quote:
Spoiler for On the girls' clothing/design:
THIS!!! Except Noin isn't flat-chested. XD I would looooove to see her with longer hair, and I'm still holding onto the hope that she grows it in FT. (Please, Sumizawa? Asagi?). I think Mitsuru Kirijo's (Persona 3) hairstyle would suit her. But not that long, maybe. XD

Amen on Dorothy's eyebrows, too. I was just like Y O Y?! when I first saw her. She's a very interesting character, pretty, too had it not been for those eyebrows ruining her face! ;A;

And I'm still trying to process all those numbers. <--- Not a math person.

Last edited by Mareike; 2011-07-24 at 23:29.
Mareike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-25, 14:33   Link #3370
Kitsoru

I assume Ace has been released already, cuz I just got the money taken out by Fujisan. So we should start seeing more news and scans soon.
Old 2011-07-25, 17:17   Link #3371
gordol
Banned

this month's GOTD:

http://img546.imageshack.us/img546/8...d4a76d9d28.jpg
http://img838.imageshack.us/img838/8...d4a8788eb6.jpg
http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/541...d4a7dd3181.jpg
http://img849.imageshack.us/img849/8...d4a8e9c36c.jpg

New weapon for Shelong! Is that a Grief or a prototype Tallgeese?
gordol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-25, 17:27   Link #3372
Kitsoru

Mmmmm Meilan badassery.
Looks like a Grief. And Shenlong's got a sword now...? Sweet. Strange that it's not included on the new MG model though, since the Heavyarms MG is coming with its new optional equipment (the extra gatling stuff).

Last edited by Kitsoru; 2011-07-25 at 18:05.
Old 2011-07-25, 18:12   Link #3373
Nishiio
AHH IT'S A GUNDAM--*boom*

Sweet, thank you!!
So happy to see more of Meilan in here. I thought she was a great character in Episode Zero and really helps us understand Wufei more.
I love how badass most of the women are in GW :P
Nishiio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-25, 18:38   Link #3374
Leave The Pieces

Red face Warning: TOO LONG. To those who were never involved in this discussion, skip this pls

@ SkullFaerie I'd PM this to you, because it's too long that I might get in to trouble for it, but your claims were publicised so I want my defense to be publicised as well.

Spoiler for To SkullFaerie, the loooonggggeessttt known post on a forum.:

@ Mareike

Quote:
Rude towards Sally, bossy towards Noin, sticking her nose in somebody else's business
I don't necessarily mean you, since you've admitted that you understand why she behaved this way and that you acknowledge her transformation. But seriously, complaining about Relena's introduction as someone bratty (I refuse to use the words "rude" and "bossy") is the same as complaining about Cagalli's introduction as someone rebellious -- it doesn't make sense. To me, at least.

Quote:
But that she seemed to have shown more concern for Heero than Zechs saddens me when they're both technically strangers to her and both of them have bloodied hands. But then, that's just me.
I know you said that it's just you and I'm not trying to change your mind here or anything, but allow me to tell you my own POV regarding this.

To me, the amount of care Relena showed for the two men wasn't unbalanced. It was equal. While she showed more support for Heero's actions than for Zechs', when it comes to caring for either, I never got the impression she was unfair to her own blood, although I wouldn't blame others for thinking she were. But yeah... she wasn't unfair. Support and care are two different things.

You know, everybody supported everybody more than they supported Zechs. Even Noin, she stood on the other side of the line, albeit her attachment to Zechs prevented her to fight him back. Nevertheless, she wasn't on his side.

That face Relena pulled up there (especially if it's moving, you'll see she had shake-y eyes. Actually, it's her most shake-y eyes scene after the helmet scene iirc), yeah, it was the sight of Zechs' wrong doings and their being publicised that made her make that face. I can see a lot of care, concern and pain there. Deep down, it kills her that her brother is going all V for Vendetta on everyone.

Seriously, that's one of her most concerned/hurt faces I've seen. The others being: when VFM Darlian died, when Heero bid her goodbye and when she heard Zechs and Heero were fighting on the falling battleship, both eager to meet their maker.

The funny thing is, all these other scenes had the people she was concerned for close to her already. She's obviously always loved the VFM all her life and before she cried when Heero was leaving, he pretty much told her first that he's going out there to die for her and her dreams. If he hadn't told her that and just went off the usual way, "Meehh, see ya", I'm sure she'd be saddened but not very much. His confession was just very moving for her. So, before I get started on the last example, I'll go back to the screenshot I posted.

That face showed the same amount of care and concern and pain as the other examples did, DESPITE the fact that unlike VFM Darlian and Heero (in the end), Zechs was still a complete stranger to her. Even before this scene, they haven't really had a lot of interaction. But still, she was equally concerned and hurting for him because he was her brother. And just look at how hurt she looked as she admitted to Heero that her own brother, the big bad wolf, has been defeated and that there's no way he could get away with the things he did. She looked hurt... and she even does the cliche "fist on thy bossom *cue look away*" thing.

Also... I maybe over-analysing this but, in the last example where she broke down and screamed "NNOOOO!!!" before she said "Wait, isn't that where my brother and Heero are?!?", she mentioned her brother first. Even though it was Heero who was decent enough to say goodbye to her properly and told her that he's even doing all these things for her... and Zechs didn't even say goodbye, well technically he did. With that hologram. But what was the best thing the guy said to her? "I hope you make it through all this, Relena" or something.

Seriously, "I promised myself that I will protect you so please let me go and die doing so, even if it meant I'll also kill your brother (but I REALLY won't, it's supposed to be a surprise to show my character development)" TRUMPS the line "I hope you make it through all this shiz I made. Adieu." any day. But yes, despite that, she mentions her brother first when she asks that question.

For me, she cared for those two equally.

Last edited by Leave The Pieces; 2011-07-25 at 19:17. Reason: Missing words screwed up the sanity of some sentences.
Leave The Pieces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-25, 18:53   Link #3375
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

I'm not feeling Shenlong's sword, but the space laser modifications look cool.

I wonder how much more new info will be added to Wufei's flashback.
Old 2011-07-25, 19:33   Link #3376
Leave The Pieces

Btw, Kitsoru, how much does an ACE cost you? The mag + shipping. If you don't mind sharing, that is.

Here at my place it's $27.00 + $13.00 shipping. I want to subscribe but if that's a rip off, I'll forget about it. Also, I got my FT volumes 1 and 2 for $16.00 each. Is that overpriced or not? I'm poor. I have to know lol.
Leave The Pieces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-25, 19:53   Link #3377
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Didn't the Shenlong use a cannon in the series proper? Taken from another mobile suit? Could've sworn he did.
Old 2011-07-25, 20:22   Link #3378
allison13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leave The Pieces View Post
Btw, Kitsoru, how much does an ACE cost you? The mag + shipping. If you don't mind sharing, that is.

Here at my place it's $27.00 + $13.00 shipping. I want to subscribe but if that's a rip off, I'll forget about it. Also, I got my FT volumes 1 and 2 for $16.00 each. Is that overpriced or not? I'm poor. I have to know lol.
Fujisan finally shipped out my FT vol 3, and they quoted me about $17 including shipping. I haven't checked the charge yet, though. ACE is around $20 including shipping from the same place.

Edit: sorry, I know I'm not Kit Figured I'd just throw this out there anyway.

Edit again: Leave The Pieces, where did you order FT 1 and 2 from?
allison13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-25, 21:01   Link #3379
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

Spoiler for what mareike and leavethepieces said =):

Last edited by Faerie; 2011-07-28 at 17:56.
Faerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-25, 21:30   Link #3380
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Didn't the Shenlong use a cannon in the series proper? Taken from another mobile suit? Could've sworn he did.
It did. Episode 4; he used a high-energy cannon the Aries suits tried using against it to shoot down the Tauros transport carrier. The new weapon is the final image: Some kind of solid-blade sword.

Tags
frozen teardrop, glory of the losers, gundam wing