AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2017-06-09, 11:40   Link #141
KiharaRonin

I request character discussion threads like the ones on the anime forum but for the Light Novel. Fans who read the LN past the anime's stopping point should have a place to discuss character developments.

Kamijou Touma, Misaka Mikoto, Index, Othinus, and Aleister Crowley threads would make the most sense for now. Oh and Accel and Shiage of course.
KiharaRonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-09, 12:15   Link #142
Natsurin
Memento Mori
*Graphic Designer

It may cause a bloating problem, however. Honestly, I'd rather suggest a general character development/discussion thread that would only branch out if a specific character had major development in-between releases that justified having enough discussion to warrant its own thread. Otherwise it could end up with a lot of unused threads for only one or two used and only sparsely.

Though I do agree and have to wonder why it never became a thing since the subforum split.
Old 2017-09-11, 15:23   Link #143
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

For the sake of a healthier atmosphere in these threads/forums and for the sake of more open discussions I think it might be worth starting up a thread to analyze the merits and faults of Kamachi Kazuma as an author/writer at least with respect to how he writes the Toaru series. More specifically, the thread would analyze what he has to offer as an author, and what he tends to lack or be weak at as a writer. That way we can establish a forum providing some solid grounds for what most of us could agree is praiseworthy about his writing or faulty about his writing. I'm interested in understanding how the series could improve and we tend to shut down criticism in this forum a little too heavily where it's really just tough love. So I think this thread could be useful. Would really appreciate it! (Feel free to reword what I wrote up there. Just as long as the thread's topic carries that intent, then I'm fine with whatever you decide to use.)

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-12, 20:15   Link #144
KiharaRonin

Wouldn't that just lead to conflict between those who like Kamachi's writing style, those who hate it, and those who think his writing quality has gone down? Especially in light of the Kamisato Kakeru/True GREMLIN Arc (which was really fun imo, but a lot of people hated). Such a thread might generate the same fighting that goes on in other threads. Though i do admit such a discussion would be fun and interesting.
Old 2017-09-15, 14:26   Link #145
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiharaRonin View Post
Wouldn't that just lead to conflict between those who like Kamachi's writing style, those who hate it, and those who think his writing quality has gone down? Especially in light of the Kamisato Kakeru/True GREMLIN Arc (which was really fun imo, but a lot of people hated). Such a thread might generate the same fighting that goes on in other threads. Though i do admit such a discussion would be fun and interesting.
I think it would be positive since unlike other threads if the overall purpose of the thread is to discuss what we think kamachi did right or wrong as an author rather than whether we liked the story or not, then that's an important nuanced difference especially since such discussions would now be on topic and we could do them more officially.

I think it's important to have a space to comment on people's different opinions on his writing. Especially if we set rules for how courteous we have to be with each other even when disagreeing in it. I think it would be positive. Disliking something is often tough love rather than hatred. And there aren't any organized discussions about aspects of his writing that we all analyze. Anyway, I think it'd be a good thing. The purpose of discussion is to bring people with different opinions together so that they reinforce each other's opinions and make them more complex while making other people aware of others' opinions. I think it helps when members of a community are more on the same page.

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
Old 2017-09-15, 16:34   Link #146
KiharaRonin

I do see your point. I'm just worried fanboys are gonna be too extreme and those who feel he's gone down the drain in quality will be on their level.

As long as we can agree to disagree, sounds good to me.
Old 2017-09-28, 07:53   Link #147
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

I request for the New Testament Volume 19 Discussion Thread to be created (similar to the previous novels) with a poll that is locked until after the novel is translated.

Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu no Index 19
Author: Kamachi Kazuma
Illustrator: Haimura Kiyotaka
Release Date: October 7, 2017
Pages: 392
ISBN 978-4-04-893405-3

TL;DR…
synopsis
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Images
cover image

This is urgent as the spoilers arrive a few days before release and the release date is earlier in the month than normal.
Old 2017-10-01, 23:56   Link #148
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

I request for a thread to be opened for all the discussion and speculation surrounding the news about the 2018 Toaru Project including the recent Toaru Majutsu no Index III anime announcement.

There's a lot of discussion going on in the news and announcements thread that needs to be diverted so could all the posts following and including this one be moved to the new thread please.
Old 2017-10-03, 10:29   Link #149
KiharaRonin

Shouldn't that go on the Anime sub forum?
Old 2017-10-04, 17:46   Link #150
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Shouldn't that go on the Anime sub forum?
No. Those threads are non-spoiler threads for people who haven't read the novels. The discussions of people who have read the novels are going to be pretty different, lol.

Old 2017-10-04, 17:56   Link #151
KiharaRonin

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
No. Those threads are non-spoiler threads for people who haven't read the novels. The discussions of people who have read the novels are going to be pretty different, lol.
But it is an anime related topic. I see where you're going with this tho.
Old 2017-10-04, 18:55   Link #152
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
But it is an anime related topic. I see where you're going with this tho.
I think it should have two new threads. One for anime-only and one for us. I think that's where OH&S was going with this. This happened with Railgun S as well iirc.

Old 2017-10-04, 19:41   Link #153
KiharaRonin

Oh i get it now. Either I'm really stupid or something else.
Old 2017-10-04, 20:38   Link #154
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Oh i get it now. Either I'm really stupid or something else.
I didn't get it the first time either. Don't worry about it.

Old 2017-10-22, 17:34   Link #155
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

I request that the poll in the NT19 discussion thread be opened as the novel has been completely translated.
Old 2018-06-04, 07:02   Link #156
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

I request for the New Testament Volume 20 Discussion Thread to be created (similar to the previous novels) with a poll that is locked until after the novel is translated.

Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu no Index 20
Release Date: June 9, 2018
Pages: 488
ISBN 978-4-04-893871-6

TL;DR…
synopsis

Images
cover image

This is urgent as the spoilers arrive a few days before release.

Last edited by OH&S; 2018-06-04 at 07:13.
OH&S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-04, 08:33   Link #157
LKK

Thread created. Thank you for the excellent opening post novel information.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-01, 21:26   Link #158
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

I request that the poll in the NT20 discussion thread be opened as the novel has been completely translated.
Old 2018-07-03, 00:14   Link #159
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH&S View Post
I request that the poll in the NT20 discussion thread be opened as the novel has been completely translated.
Poll's open!
Old 2018-10-01, 00:35   Link #160
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

I request for the New Testament Volume 21 Discussion Thread to be created (similar to the previous novels) with a poll that is locked until after the novel is translated.

Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu no Index 21
Release Date: October 10, 2018
Pages: 488
ISBN 978-4-04-912025-7

TL;DR…
synopsis

Images
cover image

We are still a week out before potential spoilers for the volume will drop but its good to set things up beforehand.