AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2014-04-20, 04:33   Link #21
Ihaxlikenoob
Nine Lives Blade Works

Well, I'm happy that it was licensed, it'll mean more exposure to western audiences. The thing I'm worried about is the translations that have already been done; will they get taken down?
Ihaxlikenoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-20, 04:46   Link #22
Awrya
U mad?

I might buy some volumes, but it will literally take years to catch up to NT, if they don't stop half-way due to poor sales.
Not sure if my interest can hold for years to catch up to NT9 (NT10 soon), then wait for new material to come out.

But it's great that the LN series will get more known to the western world.
Old 2014-04-20, 05:05   Link #23
WiliamZ0

Holy crap, the hidden news in Kamachi website might be about this.

Anyway, About translation ... I doubt licensed translation could be better than fan-made translation.

The way I see it, fan-made translation is more likable and the word put more 'feeling'

Official one is kinda ... more like translation that made due dead-line. Kinda 'terrible' in a sense
WiliamZ0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-20, 05:11   Link #24
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiliamZ0 View Post
Holy crap, the hidden news in Kamachi website might be about this.

Anyway, About translation ... I doubt licensed translation could be better than fan-made translation.

The way I see it, fan-made translation is more likable and the word put more 'feeling'

Official one is kinda ... more like translation that made due dead-line. Kinda 'terrible' in a sense
"-san" -> Mister/Miss (even when adressing a minor)

"-senpai" -> upperclassman/upperclasswoman

etc...

...in a Japanese setting.

Although scratch that last one about Japanese setting... I just remembered "Mr. Nanaba" from Attack on Titan...
Old 2014-04-20, 06:20   Link #25
LG-MAX

that fucking horrible((If the side effects affect me))
LG-MAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-20, 06:27   Link #26
R.LocK
My turn

...You've never read Book Girl, I see. Yen Press is not Funimation or Crunchyroll; they do not change -san into Mr./Mrs. unless it's needed.
R.LocK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-20, 06:39   Link #27
gensouR-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
In my country, we got LC for Index novel for a while now. The publisher who LC-ed it released 7 translated volumes in the last year. (They plan to release at least 6 volumes per year.)

Reaching the lastest volume in Japan is not a dream.
It is stated that they are releasing 1 volume per 4 months and considering they have SAO,AW,S&W,Haruhi and the other series....at earliest they release Vol 22 is early to mid 2020's.

Waiting for Sita pickup

No matter what choice they make,humans will find a reason to regret,so in other words,there is no choice without regret,what's important is your heart's true feelings
gensouR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-20, 06:59   Link #28
Chosen_Hero

So now the question is, who's faster? Yen press with their releases or Kamachi writing the damn books.

I'm putting my money on Kamachi.
Old 2014-04-20, 07:33   Link #29
NeutralZero

So the time finally come for this series...
hmmmm got mix feeling about it...
but nice....
though going to guess Yen's release is still half way of the story when the series finally end
NeutralZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-20, 08:20   Link #30
stellarroze

They could release the novels in omnibuses so they can catch up quicker...

Since they're already aware that everything is fan-translated in Baka-Tsuki, they're definitely gonna have a strategy to catch up to the Japanese release.
stellarroze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-20, 08:33   Link #31
Baron-Zara

I really hope the licensing won't affect NT >.<

I'd die if I had to wait years for the nxt volume.

I'm gonna be optimistic and think it's just OT for now.
Old 2014-04-20, 08:34   Link #32
Sayaka Rei

This is good news for those who live in the U.S. ... for others (like me) can only be negative ... if only someone would publish here too ...
Sayaka Rei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-20, 09:07   Link #33
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Check your local comic book stores I suppose
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-20, 09:36   Link #34
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:
Not all are like that you know... attaching a negative stigma to every single publisher because of one or two is never a good idea.

Yes they have a deadline to meet otherwise they'd take forever, doesn't mean they're going to do a cruddy job.
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-20, 09:54   Link #35
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

Quote:

Well for at least the first 11 volumes, the translations will be better than the fan ones. A lot of them were translated from
Japanese -> Chinese -> English. There are quite a few errors that js06 just can't be bothered to fix.
Old 2014-04-20, 10:52   Link #36
RPG_Fanatic
Fallere825

Is this real life. Is it actually happening. I almost can't believe it. I'm finally going to be able own physical copies of the Index novels. Day 1 for each volume.
This is the best day ever. Anything is possible now. Season 3 anime of Index has to be last announcement now.

When that 10th anniversary website discussion had start, I was debating making a joke about how one of the announcements would be having the light novels licensed for more markets. To think this is actually happening. There are not enough emoticons to describe my feelings right now.
Old 2014-04-20, 11:51   Link #37
WiliamZ0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACertainStark View Post
Not all are like that you know... attaching a negative stigma to every single publisher because of one or two is never a good idea.

Yes they have a deadline to meet otherwise they'd take forever, doesn't mean they're going to do a cruddy job.
Sorry for being 'negative', since i have bad experience with that
Old 2014-04-20, 12:01   Link #38
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Is it safe to assume that the manga license is only a matter of time? I know for a fact that there are a number of people who would prefer that medium to a novel.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-20, 12:06   Link #39
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Isn't YP known to announce a manga shortly after their LN release? I think that's what happened with SAO, AW. they also just announced a partnership with Square Enix for digital manga, so who knows.

Quote:
Sorry for being 'negative', since i have bad experience with that
Definitely some bad experiences where they have not been up-to-par.
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-20, 13:16   Link #40
WiliamZ0

Anyway, it far more reasonable for them to license just OT. (since it already ended and NT is ongoing)

With many project on their hand, unless they able to release a bundle of TAMnI LN in one go and chased current NT. licensing NT is truly bad idea (considering not little people know the LN, we talked about how big the number is)

I supposed if that ever happened, lots of people decided to just buy Japanese LN. Rather than Yen Press released one (and I'm one of those. Better keep up the Jap LN pacing than waiting long years to get NT 10)

Additional note :
The licensing also came at very bad timing. The series already run for quite number of years and just now decided to license it? I meant C'mon!