AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2015-08-31, 19:30   Link #2301
Galaxian

Got my third Job to level 50, Ninja. Up next will be White Mage, my first Healer.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-02, 11:35   Link #2302
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Anyone here used to the collectibility gathering system? I currently have only 560-575 GP on unmelded gear and guides I'm seeing say that 600GP. Can you efficiently level botany and mining on that GP range only? I assume 600GP is for efficient collecting, so I don't really mind.

Last edited by MeoTwister5; 2015-09-02 at 11:58.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-02, 19:46   Link #2303
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Anyone here used to the collectibility gathering system? I currently have only 560-575 GP on unmelded gear and guides I'm seeing say that 600GP. Can you efficiently level botany and mining on that GP range only? I assume 600GP is for efficient collecting, so I don't really mind.
600 GP was the amount to get even before the expansion. That was the only way to get +2 yield on an unspoiled gathering point (500 gp) and ensure that not a single gathering attempt would go missing (100 gp), or improve the chance of getting hp (100 gp).

If you are going for collectibles then 600 gp is even more necessary, you are going to miss out a lot. For example this is the most basic and reliable rotation for ephemeral nodes:

Discerning Eye -> Methodical Appraisal
Discerning Eye -> Methodical appraisal
Single Mind -> Methodical Appraisal

That's 600 GP and you get two collectibles out of that at 450+ rarity each (supposing enough perception). If you don't have 600 GP you need to renounce to single mind, which means you'll only be able to gather one, and your yield has just been halved.

So basically you should really get those dragonskin acc HQ for your gatherer (and the hardsilver earring), then you'll only need to meld a mere 3 GP to get to 600.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-02, 22:45   Link #2304
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
600 GP was the amount to get even before the expansion. That was the only way to get +2 yield on an unspoiled gathering point (500 gp) and ensure that not a single gathering attempt would go missing (100 gp), or improve the chance of getting hp (100 gp).

If you are going for collectibles then 600 gp is even more necessary, you are going to miss out a lot. For example this is the most basic and reliable rotation for ephemeral nodes:

Discerning Eye -> Methodical Appraisal
Discerning Eye -> Methodical appraisal
Single Mind -> Methodical Appraisal

That's 600 GP and you get two collectibles out of that at 450+ rarity each (supposing enough perception). If you don't have 600 GP you need to renounce to single mind, which means you'll only be able to gather one, and your yield has just been halved.

So basically you should really get those dragonskin acc HQ for your gatherer (and the hardsilver earring), then you'll only need to meld a mere 3 GP to get to 600.
But for purposes of leveling is 560-575 enough? I have NQ right side gear on my FSH and I have 573GP, so if I HQ the entire right side and add one +3 that's enough for 600GP?

For example I recently gave Old World Figs a shot at 240 minimum turn in. Toil + Discerning + Methodical x3 is 500GP and I get 280+ collectibility, leaving me with 3 collects so I can get 3 per node every Eorzean day. That's 180k every 70 minutes. I'm assuming that the extra 100GP matters when you have more skills to mess with, but in my case with only Discerning right now I don't really have a use for the extra 100GP.

HQ gathering acc are stupidly expensive on Coeurl. If I sold my house I can afford them, probably. I'll plan for the HQ melded right side gear when I hit 60.

Last edited by MeoTwister5; 2015-09-02 at 23:02.
Old 2015-09-02, 23:52   Link #2305
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
But for purposes of leveling is 560-575 enough? I have NQ right side gear on my FSH and I have 573GP, so if I HQ the entire right side and add one +3 that's enough for 600GP?
For leveling? I thought you were already lvl 60. Anyway yes if you get full HQ dragonskin and hardsilver earring of gathering you'll just fall short of 3 GP to get 600.

Quote:
For example I recently gave Old World Figs a shot at 240 minimum turn in. Toil
What level are you again? You spent 300 GP to achieve what you can get with 200 at lvl 57. If you instead uncover the spot without toil you would spend a gathering point, but with "single mind" (200 GP) you would get it back. Of course you need to know the exact slot in advance, but that's a matter of course. There's plenty of sites to consult to know where to use your axes and pickaxes.

Now in your case it's irrelevant because you would be left with 173 GP, and you can't do much with that. But if you have 600 GP you would be left with 200 GP, and that's another discerning eye for you to use, and once you'll reach level 60 you'll need it, because nothing below 350 collectibility will be worth anything, and you'll want to get some stuff to 450 and more. Don't think that the better perception will do the trick, because the items you'll gather will also increase in difficulty.

Quote:
HQ gathering acc are stupidly expensive on Coeurl. If I sold my house I can afford them, probably. I'll plan for the HQ melded right side gear when I hit 60.
That much?! You could go for the NQ versions and put extra melds in them if you see that it's more convenient. Or you can wait, prices are bound to fall.
You don't really need to get 600 GP right now, but that's certainly an objective to reach eventually.

PS: are you sure you looked at the prices of the dragonskin stuff (ilvl 110-140) and not the griffin leather (ilvl 170) ones? It seems strange to me that they are still that costly, they don't even require a master.

Last edited by Jan-Poo; 2015-09-03 at 00:43.
Old 2015-09-03, 01:29   Link #2306
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

My FSH is lvl60 on Trailblazer's gear and basic dragonskin acc, so that's about 573GP. My BOT is sitting at lvl51 with NQ gear so only 560GP. I can't even reach 400 collectibility.

Old World Figs for leveling is easy because of the 240 minimum. It's when you need 400 for the rest that's hard. My main problem honestly is reaching 400, and while leveling getting enough perception to make 400 without 600GP is... well hard. Not to mention having to use Toil because I can't uncover the slots on the first hit, so that's 300GP down the drain from the start. I'm just spamming Old World Figs when they come up, but eventually that's going to slow down too.

Right now I'm just hoping that when I hit 54 the Moghome lvl54 field gear would be enough for me to graduate from OWFs.

Last edited by MeoTwister5; 2015-09-03 at 11:16.
Old 2015-09-03, 11:09   Link #2307
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
My FSH is lvl60 on Trailblazer's gear and basic dragonskin acc, so that's about 573GP. My BOT is sitting at lvl51 with NQ gear so only 560GP. I can't even reach 400 collectibility.
from NQ to HQ you gain 6 gp each except for rings, that's 3 gp each. so 6x4=24 plus the 3 gp you should meld and that's 27, the exact amount you need to get to 600.

Those acc on Coeurl sell for less than 100k each except for the chocker and the earring is just around 60k.

Old 2015-09-03, 11:37   Link #2308
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Well I just checked MB and yes you're right in total it's just barely in the 700k range which I can actually afford if I wasn't such a goddamn scrooge.

Those hefty prices were dragonskins and yeah 650 is overkill for my budget.

I guess I could mix it up with leves which I was saving for my WVR but eh what can you do. I just need to figure out the minimum perception needed to make singly hit reveals as suggested in the rotations when I hit 60.
Old 2015-09-03, 23:38   Link #2309
Galaxian

Really like how the Rising event quest turned out. It really makes you feels special.
Old 2015-09-04, 21:42   Link #2310
Galaxian

Finished with Patch 2.1's main quests... Still have 2.2 to 2.55 before Heavensward though. (Main Job at lv54).
Old 2015-09-07, 16:24   Link #2311
Asuras
Dictadere~!

After 3 days of non-stop grinding action, I finally reached 60 for the first time with my WHM!

Now begins the esoteric grind. QAQ
Old 2015-09-10, 07:40   Link #2312
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

So I put myself up for the three towers (all of them) in duty finder as healer.
Then I went to bed, and then I did some stuff after waking up and much much later when I returned to my PC, I found this

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

This used to be the easiest and fastest way for new players to get gear to progress in the game, it's pretty sad.

Old 2015-09-10, 09:45   Link #2313
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

Quote:
So I put myself up for the three towers (all of them) in duty finder as healer.
Then I went to bed, and then I did some stuff after waking up and much much later when I returned to my PC, I found this

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

This used to be the easiest and fastest way for new players to get gear to progress in the game, it's pretty sad.
im sure they will fix that with the new relics incoming, my bet is that it will send you into the old content
Old 2015-09-10, 15:52   Link #2314
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asuras View Post
After 3 days of non-stop grinding action, I finally reached 60 for the first time with my WHM!

Now begins the esoteric grind. QAQ
I started this game about 1 month and a half ago, I got lvl 60 DRG, PLD, WAR and DRK, and then when I decided to do the math for esoterics, I realized that it'll take me another 5 months just to get full eso set on one class >_>
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-10, 17:32   Link #2315
Asuras
Dictadere~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
I started this game about 1 month and a half ago, I got lvl 60 DRG, PLD, WAR and DRK, and then when I decided to do the math for esoterics, I realized that it'll take me another 5 months just to get full eso set on one class >_>
I can feel your pain. Honestly, given how long it would take, I'm half inclined not to even try wasting time getting esoterics and just spend my time leveling up other classes instead.

Higher iLvl gear will turn up in a DLC eventually anyways.
Old 2015-09-10, 18:09   Link #2316
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asuras View Post
I can feel your pain. Honestly, given how long it would take, I'm half inclined not to even try wasting time getting esoterics and just spend my time leveling up other classes instead.

Higher iLvl gear will turn up in a DLC eventually anyways.
Don't think too much about how much time it will take, just do your daily expert.

Also there's a fairly high chance that the upcoming new 24 persons raid that's coming with patch 3.1 will also drop ilvl 200 gear, but with a 1 drop per week lock. By doing esoterics and that raid you'll be able to get to ilvl 200 in half of the time it takes now.

Old 2015-09-10, 18:32   Link #2317
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Don't think too much about how much time it will take, just do your daily expert.

Also there's a fairly high chance that the upcoming new 24 persons raid that's coming with patch 3.1 will also drop ilvl 200 gear, but with a 1 drop per week lock. By doing esoterics and that raid you'll be able to get to ilvl 200 in half of the time it takes now.
All they need to do is increase the esoteric cap, at least make it 1k a week, and you can get one piece a week, but it's Squares way of content gating to make the game last longer.

I doubt it'll be any gear drop, so far all the high ilvl gear are through tokens, and it'll most likely to be the same in the new 24man. I'm just hoping they increase the esoteric cap limit.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-10, 21:23   Link #2318
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
All they need to do is increase the esoteric cap, at least make it 1k a week, and you can get one piece a week, but it's Squares way of content gating to make the game last longer.

I doubt it'll be any gear drop, so far all the high ilvl gear are through tokens, and it'll most likely to be the same in the new 24man. I'm just hoping they increase the esoteric cap limit.
All 24 man raids dropped gear as well as tomes, with gear on lockout but tomes still farmable. That's not likely to change as 24 man content is geared for a more casual approach.

What they won't likely give us are weapon specific tomes, if that's still thing. CT didn't have weapon tomes until a few months after WoD.
Old 2015-09-10, 21:55   Link #2319
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
All 24 man raids dropped gear as well as tomes, with gear on lockout but tomes still farmable. That's not likely to change as 24 man content is geared for a more casual approach
He's probably talking about the fact that the new heavensward system is to give token that can be spent to buy pieces of equipment rather than dropping the items themselves, which is a fair point. that is mostly done to mitigate the RNG factor.

At any rate whether the void ark will drops ilvl200 gear directly or tokens to get ilvl200 gear, you'll still get one piece of ilvl200 gear per week.

Also I forgot to mention that with patch 3.1 a new extreme primal will come, and that means new ilvl200 weapons or new ilvl200 accessory or both.

Quote:
I'm just hoping they increase the esoteric cap limit.
You probably won't see it anytime soon. The last time they only increased poetics cap a few weeks before heavensward after unlocking final coil, and giving echo buff to it.

Last edited by Jan-Poo; 2015-09-10 at 22:36.
Old 2015-09-11, 03:52   Link #2320
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I'm fine with the Eso limit because it doesn't make me feel obligated to max out a very high cap and make me feel like I'm gimping myself, especially on days where I can't play much. Plus it'll force me to actually do other content rather than farming Eso's day in and day out (ie AlexNM).

Anyway just a question: Assuming I decide to sell everything I farm on DoL for gil, is it more effective to farm the produce of Folklores, Ephemerals or Favors?

Tags
mmorpg