AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-10-27, 12:48   Link #41
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Sanji was just great. I'm surprised he didn't achieve escape velocity with that nosebleed.

The allies were as expected. I kinda figured Heracles would be more active rather than let the beetles do the work. Perona got tall over the timeskip, but she kept her fashion sense. Rayleigh is awesome as always.

Here comes Fishmen Island!
Old 2010-10-27, 12:52   Link #42
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
Sanji was just great. I'm surprised he didn't achieve escape velocity with that nosebleed.

The allies were as expected. I kinda figured Heracles would be more active rather than let the beetles do the work. Perona got tall over the timeskip, but she kept her fashion sense. Rayleigh is awesome as always.

Here comes Fishmen Island!
not just taller but also fill out more.

wish she had join the crew.
Old 2010-10-27, 13:03   Link #43
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Sanji was hilarious, wonder what he'd do if he knew Hancock's feelings Fancy reunion and everything, but isn't their next trip probably the most dangerous too, sailing underwater with half the crew being hammers?
Old 2010-10-27, 13:09   Link #44
ntherblast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
After what happened this chapter, Boa Hancock would soon get the sack from the World Government.
I doubt it her reason for attacking was that they were in her ships path. plus if they wanted to remove her they woulda did it after the war and not wait 2 years
Old 2010-10-27, 13:16   Link #45
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

haha that was great!

I liked Ray's little flashback at the training, seeing him beat Luffy with a stick

Oh God I love Perona <3
Which btw she is in her ghost form?
So could that mean she is actually else where like on the Sunny?!
I can only hope so

Sanji as usual is a brilliant source of amusemnt, from the super blast off nose bleed to the turning to stone just by looking(I particularly liked this, is indeed fitting for the moment)

Looking forward to the next chapter, should be filled with SH shenanigans!
Old 2010-10-27, 13:27   Link #46
marvelB

LOL, Sanji pretty much stole the chapter for me, here (his reaction to Luffy's stay at AL was pretty much exactly what I imagined it to be!). The cameos from the Straw-Hat's helpers was great too, despite the lack of Dragon (though it's understandable that he wouldn't appear yet). I'm also rather curious as to who's that rear admiral that Hancock distracted during the crew's escape.....

Well now, looks like the crew is finally on their way to their next destination! I most certainly can't wait to see Jinbei again, as well as meet new characters like the mermaid princess, (hopefully) the strongest mer-swordsman, and of course, Fisher Tiger (via flashback, obviously)!
Old 2010-10-27, 13:47   Link #47
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Besides Rayleigh, the rest of the strawhats allies had no business coming to their aid. This was cheesy writing on Oda's part. Cannon fodder marines are pathetically weak to contend against the new and improved strawhats, and Oda still goes out of his way to have their allies baby sit them? Come on, now.

I'm just glad that they're finally going to Fishman Island. Plenty of interesting developments are sure to take place there.
Old 2010-10-27, 13:49   Link #48
Gin
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
^Personally, I tend to (partially) agree with Shankss and Hisoka on this. Seeing Rayleigh do his Gandalf impression was certainly fun and cool and badass. But then, Hancock shows up for no real reason. Okay, whatever, I love Hancock, and I've been waiting for Sanji's reaction to her for ages now. So, kinda cool. But then, Herculesun shows up. Okay...what? And then the Weatheria professors show...come on Oda, this is getting a little silly now. And then the Okama Brigade appears......

Undoubtedly, Oda did all this as a proper send-off, but I can't help but wonder why he actually thought the fans needed such a scene, especially considering a similar scene already played out with Brook just last week.
Yeah, I didn't care too much for the gathering of guardians/caretakers, I would have much rather seen Buggy show up to try and stop the Straw Hats from entering the New World.
Old 2010-10-27, 13:59   Link #49
randomlex
In the eye of the storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
Oh God I love Perona <3
Which btw she is in her ghost form?
So could that mean she is actually else where like on the Sunny?!
I can only hope so
It would be pretty interesting if she stowed away on the ship, kind of like Robin. I thought she was a loli character, but apparently she was just young (I mean, she obviously grew up). Hanging out with all of those creeps on Thriller Bark surely had some effect on her psychology .

Poor, poor Sanji - in his mind, Luffy was chilling in Heaven (= an island full of women), while he was in Hell training .
Old 2010-10-27, 14:02   Link #50
noktown

No need to make a big deal out of it,he just didn't want to reveal their new moves so soon,it would be boring if they used their old moves,on the other hand it would suck if we saw most of their new moves used on a bunch of marines.

I was happy to see their masters/friends after a 2 years break
Old 2010-10-27, 14:02   Link #51
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
Besides Rayleigh, the rest of the strawhats allies had no business coming to their aid.
Seeing friends off after 2 years together = no business?

And cheese isn't always bad.
Old 2010-10-27, 14:07   Link #52
holypanl
Well Rounded Critic

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankss View Post
Let me see...Crew regroups and then mentors comes out of goddamn nowhere just because it looks cool like that.

One of the most boring chapters ever produced in manga history.
I'm sorry but I have to agree with this. Very Bleach-esque.

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
^Personally, I tend to (partially) agree with Shankss and Hisoka on this. Seeing Rayleigh do his Gandalf impression was certainly fun and cool and badass. But then, Hancock shows up for no real reason. Okay, whatever, I love Hancock, and I've been waiting for Sanji's reaction to her for ages now. So, kinda cool. But then, Herculesun shows up. Okay...what? And then the Weatheria professors show...come on Oda, this is getting a little silly now. And then the Okama Brigade appears......

Undoubtedly, Oda did all this as a proper send-off, but I can't help but wonder why he actually thought the fans needed such a scene, especially considering a similar scene already played out with Brook just last week.

Whatever the case, at least the Strawhats are finally reunited and the story can pick up again. Can't wait to see how Jinbei has changed (also can't wait to find out how he can still hang around Fishman Island without the WG trying to kill him).

(Additionally, Perona is cuter than ever…)
Hancock can be explained, sort of. She was in the vicinity after dropping Luffy off. But for Perona to be there? How the hell did she get there? And assuming she was the one who originally dropped Zoro off, why didn't she leave if he was the one who arrived first? She had too long to leave. This is completely illogical. The Weatheria professors, the bird, and everything. I dislike this greatly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
To me this leaves a bitter aftertaste, like the teachers didn't have confidence their pupils can prevail on their own.
Well, my take is that it's just purely illogical: I personally think that this thing you see in anime where people talk about "having faith in person X" is dumb: if you feel worried about something, and the odds are not in your favour, go help do something about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin View Post
Yeah, I didn't care too much for the gathering of guardians/caretakers, I would have much rather seen Buggy show up to try and stop the Straw Hats from entering the New World.
I'm so surprised I actually agree with this. It would have made more sense somehow.

--------------------

Don't know what to say. I just hope this doesn't become a habit for Oda. This is new, and really distasteful.

First they went for communists: and I didn't speak out, not being a communist;
Then they came for trade unionists, and I said naught because I wasn't a trade unionist;
Then they came for the Jews: and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew;

Then they came for me!
...and there was no one left to speak out for me.
Old 2010-10-27, 14:08   Link #53
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
Seeing friends off after 2 years together = no business?

And cheese isn't always bad.
They (strawhats) were already seen off when they left their respective locations. That's enough to say farewell for the meantime. Like someone else mentioned, these allies coming to their aid puts doubt in their abilities to handle themselves. They don't need help with marine fodder, and they have enough luck as it is.
Old 2010-10-27, 14:09   Link #54
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Can Perona please become part of the Straw Hats?! I want to see more of her especially in that outfit, Robin, Perona and Nami in the same room...hmm...Sanji will probably lose all the blood in his body.

Rayleigh epic as always, I was hoping to see Dragon but oh well hopefully we get to find out who the new fleet admiral is soon

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Old 2010-10-27, 14:15   Link #55
marvelB

Actually, I'd also welcome the possibility of Buggy confronting Luffy's crew. In fact, it's not too late for that to happen since Luffy & co. are still located in the GL's first half, and I'm sure that the future Pirate God's followers may talk him into confronting his one-time ally in order to put the super rookie in his place....

And ye gods, does Perona's appearance make me anxious to see Moria again....
Old 2010-10-27, 14:23   Link #56
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by holypanl View Post
Hancock can be explained, sort of. She was in the vicinity after dropping Luffy off. But for Perona to be there? How the hell did she get there? And assuming she was the one who originally dropped Zoro off, why didn't she leave if he was the one who arrived first? She had too long to leave. This is completely illogical. The Weatheria professors, the bird, and everything. I dislike this greatly.
I think the deal with Perona is easy to understand, she is tsun for Zoro
Thats why she stayed on the island.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
They (strawhats) were already seen off when they left their respective locations. That's enough to say farewell for the meantime. Like someone else mentioned, these allies coming to their aid puts doubt in their abilities to handle themselves. They don't need help with marine fodder, and they have enough luck as it is.
Way I see it, is that the SH just don't wanna deal with the fodderines cause they just wanna set sail or theres really no real reason for us to see SH deal with them.
Sure we could see them showing off whatever moves to scare em off but I think it works better for the fodderines to be kept busy rather than the SH pointlessly fighting it out with them, unless there was a real need to.
Old 2010-10-27, 14:23   Link #57
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post
Can Perona please become part of the Straw Hats?! I want to see more of her especially in that outfit, Robin, Perona and Nami in the same room...hmm...Sanji will probably lose all the blood in his body.

Rayleigh epic as always, I was hoping to see Dragon but oh well hopefully we get to find out who the new fleet admiral is soon
Perona joining the crew could be a possibility. Oda did mention that the next member would have to be a former enemy and Perona was working for Gecko Moria. If anyone disagrees with this theory let them give me a beating because- "What do I know?" As for who the new fleet admiral is, I'm sure we'll find out next chapter and/or when databook green comes out next week (This coming sunday is Halloween).
Old 2010-10-27, 14:30   Link #58
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
Well now, looks like the crew is finally on their way to their next destination! I most certainly can't wait to see Jinbei again, as well as meet new characters like the mermaid princess, (hopefully) the strongest mer-swordsman, and of course, Fisher Tiger (via flashback, obviously)
We'll most likely see Hatchan and Keimi again as well.~

Though another character I'd LOVE to see return in the Fishman Island arc is Arlong, possibly mirroring a role like Crocodile had in the Impel Down and Marineford arcs.

Possibly a chance of Chew and Kuroobi popping up somewhere too as well.~
Old 2010-10-27, 14:39   Link #59
andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by holypanl View Post

Well, my take is that it's just purely illogical: I personally think that this thing you see in anime where people talk about "having faith in person X" is dumb: if you feel worried about something, and the odds are not in your favour, go help do something about it.
So illogical to stay behind and watch your friends leave the island and help them.
They just spend 2 years with them a longer time than the crew was together .
In fact give a reason why they should not be there , it's not like any of them have anything do right now.

It amazing really the SH did so much for each other and were together for about a year.
People that with them for 2 years should pick up and leave just like that with out seeing them leave make no sense.
Where in OP the themes are friendship and dreams.
Old 2010-10-27, 14:44   Link #60
marvelB

Honestly, I wasn't really bothered by the mentors' help. I mean, the majority of them at least have the excuse of being the Straw-Hats' transport, and I'm not surprised that those guys would lend a hand one last time before saying goodbye....

...However, I admit it kind of WOULD be overkill if it were Mihawk holding off the marines instead of Perona.....
Closed Thread

Tags
weekly chapter discussion