AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2016-02-05, 00:53   Link #5761
Kazu-kun

Like I said, there's no reason to introduce this match if they're not going to focus on it.
Old 2016-02-05, 01:33   Link #5762
The Green One

The idea wouldn't be so painful if we had a more frequent update schedule, but once a month makes it a long, long time.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-05, 02:48   Link #5763
metronome
Mad Loli

If they do that (FULL extra match coverage on the loosers), they have stepped on a fucking big land mine.....
metronome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-05, 21:37   Link #5764
Peanutbutter

Very interesting revelation there. At least it solved the riddle of why Himematu was National #5 in the tournament in the previous year.

We also get to see more of the other teams. Now to analyze the matchups and see which ones will be most tasty. After all, all teams will be equal, and there's no plot device to decide the winner.

But of course, the main highlight will be pushed further. Depending on how long this #5 match will go, it may not be so bad.
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-06, 03:43   Link #5765
judasmartel
*Author

I don't get why Ritz has to write a Fifth Place Match. Maybe it has some bearing with nationwide rankings or something like that?

I mean, okay I get it, nobody wants to watch a losers' match, everyone wants to know who comes out as champs right away.

This 5th Place Match better be good.
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-06, 12:08   Link #5766
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanutbutter View Post
But of course, the main highlight will be pushed further. Depending on how long this #5 match will go, it may not be so bad.
Well, it's not just one match. We're talking four matches (vanguard, sargent, vice-captain, captain). I don't see Ritz going through all that in less than a year.
Old 2016-02-06, 12:44   Link #5767
AP24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Well, it's not just one match. We're talking four matches (vanguard, sargent, vice-captain, captain). I don't see Ritz going through all that in less than a year.
There are 5 (vanguard, sergeant, lieutenant, vice-captain, captain). Based on who the players from Shindouji, Senriyama, Usuzan and Himematsu are and their positions, I think only the captain match should get much focus. The vanguard match will most likely be one-sided with Toki (Senriyama) dominating. The sergeant match will probably be the most boring one. The lieutenant match will most likely be 2-sided with Sera (Senriyama) and Hiroe (Himematsu) dominating. The vice-captain match will most likely be 2-sided with Mairu (Shindouji) and Yukiko (Usuzan) dominating. The captain match consists of all national-class players.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-06, 12:57   Link #5768
Kazu-kun

Thanks for the correction. My point stands though. It will take around one year to cover the whole thing, even if Ritz cuts corners here and there.
Old 2016-02-06, 13:13   Link #5769
The Green One

Just please oh please don't be another 3 years before we get to the finals.......
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-06, 13:31   Link #5770
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Maybe it will be a single match with every team choosing one representative. After all, Toki is still in the hospital, right? Even if she isn't, I can't see Ryuuka just letting her go at it again so soon.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-06, 13:52   Link #5771
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
There are 5 (vanguard, sergeant, lieutenant, vice-captain, captain). Based on who the players from Shindouji, Senriyama, Usuzan and Himematsu are and their positions, I think only the captain match should get much focus. The vanguard match will most likely be one-sided with Toki (Senriyama) dominating. The sergeant match will probably be the most boring one. The lieutenant match will most likely be 2-sided with Sera (Senriyama) and Hiroe (Himematsu) dominating. The vice-captain match will most likely be 2-sided with Mairu (Shindouji) and Yukiko (Usuzan) dominating. The captain match consists of all national-class players.
I could see the lieutenant match actually being pretty good - both Sera and Hiroe actually remind me of one another in their playing style. I could easily see the players from Usuzan and Shindouji likely getting eaten alive by either of them, and with both...well....

But yeah...without a doubt the captain match would be something to see.

Hard for me to imagine the winner, but for some reason my gut is going with Senriyama at the moment....
Old 2016-02-07, 06:03   Link #5772
14chauc2

5th place match predictions:
Vanguard: Suzu can't explode, Toki rekts everyone.
Sergeant: Izumi Encounters another 3 3rd years vs 1 1st year dilemma and plays cautiously but still enters negative value.
Lieutenant: Sera and Hiroe battle it out and getting back the 30 yen
Vice Captain: Mairu and Yukiko are just gonna kick everyone down, altho hiroko might analyse her left hand, while kinue develops and uses a football style ability.
Captain: Sayawa Might destroy the Tsruhime combo, which I am hoping it will happen. Ryuuka Uses her "Toki" Carefully, while Kyouko plays normal mahjong.

And Since the semis are finished, Anime Season 2 Zenkoku hen should be out in a year or 2? Plus who do u think the seiyuus should be?
Rinkai:
Satoha - Yoko Hikasa (Confirmed)
Hao - Ishikawa Yui
Choe - Toyosaki Aki
Megan - Chiaki Omigawa (Confirmed)
Nelly - Emiri Kato

Usuzan:
Naruka - Kanae Ito (Confirmed)
Chikako - Kitamura Eri
Yuan - Sakura Ayane
Yukiko - Ozawa Ari
Sawaya - Risa Taneda
14chauc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-07, 09:36   Link #5773
Sotel

My prediction of 5th place:

Himematsu/Shindouji/Senriyama/Usuzan

Vanguard: I see hard to determine here between Suzu(Himematsu) and Toki(Senriyama), after all is not mentioned if Toki is healthy enough to play and make points enough to safe the team she already have a frail body and double already put much pressure on body and she used triple future insight(twice?) on semifinals. I can't expect much of Usuzan here.

Vanguard positions after finish: Himematsu/Senriyama/Shindouji/Usuzan
Suzu +, Toki +, Hanada - Naruka -

Sergeant: We can't expect much here, at least I see Usuzan(even though too little) and Shindouji making the points here, Izumi(Senriyama) go to mess again with the 3rd years and 1st year, lose lots of points on 1st half and try to remove the problem. Dunno I can't comment how much happens here.

Positions after Sergeant match finish: Himematsu/Shindouji/Senriyama/Usuzan
Yuuko -, Yoshiko +, Izumi -, Chikako +

Lieutenant: Everyone expecting this one since like 90% of match go to be Hiroe vs Sera while Hitomi and Yuan(specially Yuan) go to lose too many points, I see Usuzan finish lieutenant match with 4 digits again maybe only enough to make a Riichi, but I not expect either Himematsu or Senriyama hit the 170,000 point mark, I see Sera winning here.

Positions after Lieutenant match: Senriyama/Himematsu/Shindouji/Usuzan
Hiroe +, Sera +, Hitomi -, Yuan -

Vice-captain: Shindouji and Usuzan is on danger here, so Mairu and Maya need to push extra hard to give some chance to Himeko and Sawaya get at least a 2nd place.
Not trying to give much hype to Usuzan, but I expect Maya make at least a Sanbaiman dealer and get at least 30,000-50,000 points to give a easier time to Sawaya.
Mairu unlike semifinals side-A I not expect her make over 30,000 points since FunaQ know what she do now, not expecting Mairu make a reservation of 7 han.
Kinue, well I suppose she go use a new style of play(kinda involving the soccer or something) however, only too late or showing that not go to be effective enough to keep her on positive

After Vice-captain match: Himematsu/Senriyama/Usuzan/Shindouji
Kinue -, FunaQ -, Maya +, Mairu +

Captain: Sawaya even though is my current favorite character, I don't expect her making any good progress on 1st half, she don't have any clouds on the moment, Nelly broke her last attack(Black and White[?] clouds) effortless and the only possible cloud coming is the Yellow one, not sure much about the Kamuy.If at least some of them comeback on the 2nd half maybe Usuzan scrape a 3rd place no more than that.
He have now Ryuuka, with her best possible hand on the round ability did to prove a good thing, but there's a thing, is only show the tiles that gave her the win, not protect her from nothing! I see Kyouko blocking her and maybe nullyfing "Toki" once or twice.
Kyouko and her fast wins, go to provide a fast paced match, I'm sure she go to make the match finish quickly and since Sawaya no longer have Pakoro Kamuy to block her, she can have a chance to secure the 1st place, but that depends how much Kinue go to perform against Mairu.
Then he have Himeko the possibly most dangerous captain on the match, I predict she go to earn at least 6-7 keys from Mairu, one at least is 12 han(Sanbaiman) and I not expecting much of anyone blocking her, that unless Sawaya show some trick to block her.

Positions after Captain Match: Himematsu/Shindouji/Senriyama/Usuzan
Kyouko -, Ryuuka -, Himeko +, Sawaya +

For more I like Usuzan I don't see any chance of them grasp a 3rd(7th) place.

Last edited by Sotel; 2016-02-07 at 15:18. Reason: Fixing some errors
Sotel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-07, 09:45   Link #5774
judasmartel
*Author

3rd place in a 5th place match = 7th place overall.
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-07, 14:03   Link #5775
Chitanda Eru

for me, the lieutenant is the one that I expect the most. Both Sera and Hiroe are strong. But the most interesting is Hiroe's mother is the coach of Senriyama
Chitanda Eru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-07, 19:20   Link #5776
FallenPhoenix

Translation is out and I should have seen that house was Miyanaga's house... The 5th place match will be interesting to read, as long it does not take another 3 years... =P

And Saki trips again.
FallenPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-07, 21:54   Link #5777
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Spoiler for Spoiler:
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-07, 22:13   Link #5778
King-Slayer

Pretty interesting cliffhanger there Ritz and I hope we get more of it in march.
King-Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-07, 22:31   Link #5779
Kazu-kun

This chapter makes me want to see Kokaji in action. She must be crazy strong, even by Saki standards.
Old 2016-02-08, 02:04   Link #5780
tsunade666

ugh.... I'll get married or reach wizard level before we reached the finals by the pace are moving but at least the ending or last page/panel looks interesting. The miyanaga house burned? I didn't expect that. I know something is burning but I at least think that they moved into a new one but it looks like the reporter had dig something useful.

Tags
mahjong, nopan, seinen, sport, yuri