AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-10-02, 16:57   Link #1
jzmagic
flargansbog

Buyuden

Take Isamu is a 6th grader who looks down at his peers because he is the best at everything he does at school, from looks and smarts, to his luck with girls and his abilities as an athlete. He considers himself to be in the top percent of his age group and is incredibly bored with interacting with the so called normal people. A new student, Kaname Moka, transfers into his school and as she is fairly pretty, Isamu asks her out.

Moka mishears what he says and thinks he wants to challenge her, as she grew up boxing. In fact, Moka is an amazing fighter and can even take down 5 middle school boys at once. Although Isamu can’t stand her violent personality and she can’t stand him for having so much pride, they start to grow attracted to each other. But then Isamu finds out that not only is Moka more athletic than him from all her years of boxing, she's also much smarter than him. Will he able to get over his overly sensitive pride and dive into a romantic relationship?

Genres: Comedy Romance Shounen Sports

Poor kid is head over heels in love with Moka, but she's such an ice queen.
jzmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-02, 17:09   Link #2
Shadow5YA

I almost read her name a Kaname Madoka.

Looks like Isamu might have some talent of his own though.
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-02, 17:38   Link #3
Xion Valkyrie

I wonder when Isamu is going to look as badass as he does on that cover.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-02, 17:47   Link #4
Johnny
Working the bags...

Not a bad manga. The author seemed to like to torture Take early on, but seems to have surpassed that. Well at least he can give him a bad ass look once in awhile like in chapter 14 when he cornered Moka...

I think he should have the hang of making his MC powerful yet weak as it progresses. Goro had those moments in Major. Although I don't think he can take this one 78 volumes, but there is Hajime no Ippo so I guess anything is possible...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-24, 10:53   Link #5
lordshadowisle

Got some chills of anticipation when I first started this chapter (28). Got to feel sad for Isamu's opponent though, to be knocked down just when it appears that there was a slightest chance of a victory...
lordshadowisle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-24, 11:19   Link #6
Shadow5YA

I really find it hard to believe that a single counter-hit is all it takes to knock someone down in boxing...
Old 2011-10-24, 14:46   Link #7
Johnny
Working the bags...

Glass jaw syndrome, and it's already been pointed out that Take is damn good at countering...
Old 2011-10-24, 16:29   Link #8
Shadow5YA

That wasn't even aimed at the jaw. That punch landed right in the middle of the face. Unless a boxing fan wants to correct me, I really don't think a counter can OHKD like that.
Old 2011-10-24, 16:42   Link #9
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
I really find it hard to believe that a single counter-hit is all it takes to knock someone down in boxing...
Maybe the guy who go down..was to weak...in this level is possible...

This manga is good...i look for this..I'm curious to see where this guy can reach....with his super eyes...
Merilyn Mensola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-24, 16:48   Link #10
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
That wasn't even aimed at the jaw. That punch landed right in the middle of the face. Unless a boxing fan wants to correct me, I really don't think a counter can OHKD like that.
Losing focus/wind is one thing, but 1HKO with a counter is hard, to say the least...

Painfully slow manga to start, definitely gonna pick it up after another 30 chapters or so, though...
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-24, 19:46   Link #11
Johnny
Working the bags...

Quote:
It's a broad term and pretty much means someone who can't take a punch. Also I don't see a one hit KO. I see someone that got knocked on their ass and got right back up...
Old 2011-11-19, 15:33   Link #12
ShiroiRyu

Spoiler for 30:
Old 2011-12-21, 17:35   Link #13
Sol Falling

hnnnnnnngh I really like this manga, Moka is cute and goddamn next chapter plz. lol seriously, such a cliffhanger. Does anybody happen to know whether the scanlations are current or if the raws are further over in Japan?

I am head over heels for stories about strong girls who also inspire guys to become strong. I mean really, that's just perfect. Dunno how long I'll live/be into manga but this manga making it to 78 volumes sounds pretty great right now, to be honest.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-21, 17:46   Link #14
Johnny
Working the bags...

Chapter 38 is the latest raw and it doesn't bode well for Moka...

I like the fact that he's doing things opposite from Major this time around. Where Goro was almost cream of the crop from the start, and here Isamu is going to have to fight and work hard to be cream of the crop. Also a plus that he isn't thick as a brick wall when it comes to girls...
Old 2011-12-22, 16:50   Link #15
ShiroiRyu

Spoiler for 35:
Old 2011-12-25, 19:58   Link #16
Johnny
Working the bags...

Spoiler for ch 37:
Old 2011-12-26, 04:02   Link #17
paladinenvec

Chapter 38
Spoiler:
paladinenvec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-26, 04:44   Link #18
Sol Falling

I am pretty messed up about the eye thing. Like, goddamnit, I dunno. I guess I just hope it turns out okay. Really don't know how the story will progress from here.
Old 2011-12-26, 04:47   Link #19
ShiroiRyu

Hey it's from the Major author.
Don't forget the beginning ...
Old 2011-12-26, 04:59   Link #20
Sol Falling

lol, about that, I never actually read Major or anything. So I guess people more familiar with this mangaka can give some advice about it.