2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 11.11%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2017-09-09, 14:52   Link #1
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Fate/Apocrypha - Episode 11 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Fate/Apocrypha, Episode 11.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Character bashing is not on-topic and will not be tolerated.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-10, 15:33   Link #2
XFire
150% done

Also Known As, The Episode Where Everything Explodes.

Directed by Michael Bay.
Old 2017-09-10, 19:17   Link #3
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
Also Known As, The Episode Where Everything Explodes.

Directed by Michael Bay.
, yeah i could see the "reference too" , the only missing thing on this episode to be a perfect reference was a hot chicken making "lewd poses" to be a michael bay perfect episode.

man wtf happened here, since when spartacus is a sort of "nemesis/tirant" to "transform as he get damaged and become a ugly "thing" near the end, wow that was a really weird phantom spirit.

And vlad man you are so easy to read, everyone can see why you hate your "phantom power" you really don't want peoples to see you turn in a v... due to your "bad legend", what a weird episode.

And reall joanna defense is really OP, she was able to defend that "mass destruction burst with minimal efforts(at last this is what looked since she took 0 damage and also don't look tired for now).
Old 2017-09-10, 21:22   Link #4
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Lots of explosions .

Spartacus was...well about as weird as expected from the first time we saw him really . And hey Vlad...if you want to talk it up about being a King. Maybe you should take note when someone is about to vaporize a part of your country! So absorbed in his personal fight that he didn't even notice the threat Spartacus was nor that a flying fortress was right above their home base. It's not cloaked, how do you miss that!?

Oh well, looks like Vlad is about to go full vampire next week. That should be interesting. I hope Darnic conserves enough command spells to avoid Vlad ripping out his throat when all is said and done.

Also kind of funny how the matchups just kind of instantly transfer from being fought outside to fought inside the fortress. Just a minor interruption.
Old 2017-09-10, 22:28   Link #5
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Spartacus became a Resident Evil-esque boss & gone with a big bang. *Megumin will be impressed*
Anyhow, he's a one real weirdo of a Berserker who laughs instead of being apeshit angry.

Thank god for Jeanne's OP Defense NP to shield Sieg & Astolfo who refuse to abandon husbando, and thank god her purity wasn't deprived by mad Spartacus Birkin.

After intense fight between Vlad & Karna, Darnic is about turn Vlad into Dracula to secure his precious Grail, no matter the cost. The Dracula legend that Vlad loaths the most.

This episode seems to reflect a Servant's existential self-loathing as in they are what they hate in the likes of Vlad & Mordred.
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-10, 22:43   Link #6
Wandering Soul

Spartcus becomes stranger and stranger each time he appears. He didn't really eliminate anyone, but at least he went out with a bang.

Darnic should either preserve his command seals or hope that Vlad achieves a mutual kill and falls with his opponent. After all I don't think he wants Vlad to get his hands if he really goes through with making him turn into Dracula.
Old 2017-09-11, 00:09   Link #7
AnimeFan188

Well, that's both berserkers down. Both due to self-destruction, and both going down
without taking anyone with them. I guess berserker is the most useless class (at least
in this series).

When Spartacus launched his final attack, I saw a structure (castle?) getting moshed
in the background, did castle black get damaged, or was it some other building?

I wonder how many more of the servants will be gone by the time the entranced
masters are released from their trance? When they wake up to find their command seals
were jacked, and their servants were used/expended in battle to further priest-boy's
ends, they're gonna be *PI$$ED*.

BTW, how does priest-boy supply magical energy to so many servants at once? He
doesn't have a horde of captive homonculi to supply magical power (at least not that
I've seen). Can he use the entranced masters to supply magical power, even after
taking all their command seals?

Neat how Seig's chest symbol began blinking as he ran out of power. A nod to
Ultraman?

Vlad is about to be forced to use his noble phantasm, I bet he's gonna hate Darnic
almost as much as he hates Bram Stoker.

Interesting to see the Hanging Gardens Of Babylon being used for a direct attack on
the opposing fortress. Darnic was caught off guard by them going after the Grail
directly. Then again, he stole the Grail in the first place, so it serves him right to have
it taken right out from under his nose.

Ruler is still frustrated in her attempts to meet a master of red. I guess she's so
fixated on kerfluffle at the castle, that she hasn't noticed that Sisigo-lion is much
more accessible than the masters in the Hanging Gardens Of Babylon.
Though I get the impression that the one she *really* wants to meet is priest-boy.

It was surprising to see Avicebron go with the others into the Hanging Gardens.
Normally he'd stay away from the battlefield (even though he can create golems on-
site). I guess the Black faction is really starting to feel the heat now that their castle
is under direct attack.

Didn't see any scenes with Jack The Ripper. I wonder what that loli death machine is
up to?

Last edited by AnimeFan188; 2017-09-11 at 00:37.
AnimeFan188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-11, 11:19   Link #8
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Another Berserker down, and just like the other one, he went down with a huge bang.

Vlad is a pretty OP servant when he's within his territory. Tough luck he ended up fighting against a servant that is even more ridiculously powerful. Curious to see what he'll be like in Dracula mode.

Mordred calls herself the King of Knights, eh... sorry girl, but you're not king of anything yet.
Old 2017-09-11, 11:43   Link #9
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Mordred calls herself the King of Knights, eh... sorry girl, but you're not king of anything yet.
I think she was actually talking about Arturia, but she considers herself to be Arthur's equal, and Sieg was making enough of a stand that it was pissing her off because it'd be putting him on equal footing with Arthur.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-11, 11:45   Link #10
XFire
150% done

Quote:

Quote:
you're not king of anything yet.

Quote:
yet.
--> "ever in the entirety of the Kaleidoscope"
Old 2017-09-11, 21:36   Link #11
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Another Berserker down, and just like the other one, he went down with a huge bang.

Vlad is a pretty OP servant when he's within his territory. Tough luck he ended up fighting against a servant that is even more ridiculously powerful. Curious to see what he'll be like in Dracula mode.

More like was denied to be a king, yet she felt she was entitled to be one. Oh man, my thoughts have taken a bad turn & it's like everywhere I see in forums & blogs.

Am I a guru now?
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-11, 21:44   Link #12
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero8420 View Post
More like was denied to be a king, yet she felt she was entitled to be one. Oh man, my thoughts have taken a bad turn & it's like everywhere I see in forums & blogs.

Am I a guru now?
I wouldn't worry too much, people tend to fall into the same lanes of thought within the fate franchise. Benefits of everything having some kind of extra material
Old 2017-09-13, 03:27   Link #13
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Well, in past threads I have been defending both Fran and Spartacus against being called "useless", but the fact of the matter is they're both the lowest tier in this particular story, with the exception of Shakespeare, who is even lower. I just wanted to point out that even the lowest tier are not to be underestimated. Even low tier servants tend to have certain abilities that are not to be underestimated under the correct conditions.

Despite that, they kinda pale when compared to both Sabers and Lancers this round who are in entire leagues of their own compared to everyone else. Karna in particular who is quite invincible in a similar manner that Achilles and Balmung are, but without the weaksauce weakness, plus, you know, being able to channel the power of the fucking sun.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-28, 17:05   Link #14
sion21

I got a question. servant can turn into spirit form and disappear and no one can harm them right? so when other servant use Noble phantasm or whatever. why dont the the servant just disappear? actually regarding that why dont the servant appear next to the enemy master and stab him?

logically speaking, by abusing this sprite form. assassin should be the strongest, and it doesnt really matter how strong the servant is, the master can easily be killed
sion21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-28, 17:41   Link #15
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by sion21 View Post
I got a question. servant can turn into spirit form and disappear and no one can harm them right? so when other servant use Noble phantasm or whatever. why dont the the servant just disappear? actually regarding that why dont the servant appear next to the enemy master and stab him?

logically speaking, by abusing this sprite form. assassin should be the strongest, and it doesnt really matter how strong the servant is, the master can easily be killed
Servants can damage each other in spiritual form.
Old 2017-09-28, 18:30   Link #16
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

From Fate/Complete Material 3:

Spoiler for Spiritual Body and Material Body:

Last edited by LKK; 2017-09-29 at 12:34. Reason: added 2nd spoiler box
belatkuro is offline   Reply With Quote