AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-10-09, 21:04   Link #821
-Breakthrough-

School Days. I mean the plot is purely screwed up, but it was a fun new experience though anyone with different tastes when it comes to romance might pass this one.
Old 2007-10-09, 21:10   Link #822
Thingle
Banned

Lucky star and Dragon Ball.
Old 2007-10-09, 22:36   Link #823
-Breakthrough-

There's also that Musashi Gun thing. QUALITY AWAITS~!
Old 2007-10-09, 23:50   Link #824
Satomi87
Banned

Not really worst anime I ever saw but I have two animes that fail to impress me...

Ouran High School Host Club
Even I ask myself why this anime fail to impress me.Maybe because I'm a girl who prefers more masculine men than bishielicious teenage man-whores.

Fushigi Yuugi
The female lead just too stupid.I wonder what inside her head.
Old 2007-10-10, 11:15   Link #825
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by InternalBrain View Post
Lucky star and Dragon Ball.
Dragon Ball Z bad? how?

has anyone said anything about GTO?
Old 2007-10-10, 11:37   Link #826
Thingle
Banned

Try growing up in the philippines. Every child here grows up watching that series at least 10 times. Same stupid dub, same stupid haircuts, same stupid plot and everything.
Old 2007-10-10, 12:48   Link #827
Alexandrite
Bloody Hell...

Send a message via MSN to Alexandrite Send a message via Yahoo to Alexandrite
Quote:
Originally Posted by InternalBrain View Post
Try growing up in the philippines. Every child here grows up watching that series at least 10 times. Same stupid dub, same stupid haircuts, same stupid plot and everything.
I don't think it's just the Philippines. It seems DBZ was a staple for a lot of kids in many areas as far as anime goes, especially America, but that should go without saying by now. And I agree on all points concerning that series.
Old 2007-10-10, 20:38   Link #828
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

DBZ was the shit when we were younger .. now its just like .. Meh ...I still get the PS2 fighting games tho.

DBZ isn't a shit aweful anime... nor anything near it.
Old 2007-10-10, 20:44   Link #829
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Dragon Ball Z bad? how?
Repetitive, and extremely stretched out, fights. Lack of plot. Lack of real character depth. Heck, lack of good character designs.

Just accept that there are people who hate it and think it sucks. Pretty much every anime listed in this thread is liked by somebody, yet they don't argue back about it. For example, the guy back a page or two who said he thinks Nanoha should be used as a frisbee. Animesuki forums has an entire section, complete with rabid fans, devoted to the show. Yet nobody spoke up against the guy.
Old 2007-10-10, 20:51   Link #830
Kyomi
What do I know?

Actually the anime IS terrible, I'll give it credits in the "manga" department though. I used to like it back then.
Old 2007-10-10, 20:57   Link #831
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyomi View Post
Actually the anime IS terrible, I'll give it credits in the "manga" department though. I used to like it back then.
Which are you talking about, Nanoha or DBZ?

Either way, the point wasn't how good or bad whichever show is. (well, except for the first part of my last post ) My point was, don't bite and snap every time somebody says your favorite show sucks or something.

The exception would be when it comes to fanboys who keep referring to a certain hero and heroine as "god" and "goddess" and say everything else sucks. (glances at a certain someone... )
Old 2007-10-10, 21:02   Link #832
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Its more of a Fight anime than a drama anime ... they did give Tampion some character develop
Old 2007-10-10, 21:03   Link #833
Kyomi
What do I know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Which are you talking about, Nanoha or DBZ?

Either way, the point wasn't how good or bad whichever show is. (well, except for the first part of my last post ) My point was, don't bite and snap every time somebody says your favorite show sucks or something.

The exception would be when it comes to fanboys who keep referring to a certain hero and heroine as "god" and "goddess" and say everything else sucks. (glances at a certain someone... )
I was talking about DBZ

And I'll add the "People who hates something just because it's popular" to the exception list.
Old 2007-10-10, 21:06   Link #834
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Repetitive, and extremely stretched out, fights. Lack of plot. Lack of real character depth. Heck, lack of good character designs.

Just accept that there are people who hate it and think it sucks. Pretty much every anime listed in this thread is liked by somebody, yet they don't argue back about it. For example, the guy back a page or two who said he thinks Nanoha should be used as a frisbee. Animesuki forums has an entire section, complete with rabid fans, devoted to the show. Yet nobody spoke up against the guy.
Oh people do speak up from time to time. We've just learned over time that it's not worth argueing about it with someone who obviously either hasn't seen much anime or is trying to watch things that wouldn't appeal to them. You'll probably see a lot more of it in the first 20 pages or so. There's probably an arguement or 2 from me in there too.
Old 2007-10-10, 21:11   Link #835
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356 View Post
Oh people do speak up from time to time. We've just learned over time that it's not worth argueing about it with someone who obviously either hasn't seen much anime or is trying to watch things that wouldn't appeal to them. You'll probably see a lot more of it in the first 20 pages or so. There's probably an arguement or 2 from me in there too.
Well, yeah I know they speak up every now and then, but not often. You especially know that it's okay to generalize and say "nobody speaks up" when somebody lists all 3 seasons of Nanoha as a "worst animes" when we've got a Nanoha forum section here loaded with fans and lovers. I was sure one of them would light a flame here...
Old 2007-10-10, 21:17   Link #836
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356 View Post
I'm not that person if thats what your getting at... I'm just sayin it isnt a totaly peice of shit ... people say it is but the fact that there are so many people out there buying the games/action figures/movies/new Uncut Series that theres no way in hell its a awful anime .. to some maybe

on to GTO .. Great Teacher! ... Osomething ._. I loved that anime and I went through the topic and I haven't seen anyone rant on it.
Old 2007-10-11, 03:38   Link #837
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

*lights the Nanoha flame*

Nanoha ? Worst thing ever ? I absolutely can't agree to that. Sure, StrikerS was a letdown, but even that, wile being painfully mediocre at best, does not equal worst thing ever. Especially the previous season, which earned quite a bit of praise. For all intents and purposes, it has a better plot, better characters, better fights and less Deus Ex machine than something like DBZ (which i don't consider the worst thing either, because i enjoyed it enough to sit through the god awful amount of episodes of the same thing over and over again... much like i am doing with Bleach now).

First two seasons of Nanoha were good, StrikerS was average to below average, overall the franchise stands above average, quite far from worst thing ever. My nominations for the worst anime ever still haven't changed - Soul Link and Cosprayers.
Old 2007-10-11, 03:44   Link #838
X10A_Freedom

Why was DBZ fights dragged out and why did it take weeks for 5 minutes to pass on Namekku-sei before Freezer blew it up? Quite simply because they didn't want to catch up with the manga!

I liked DBZ as a kid but got bored after the Cell arc. Personally much preferred the earlier DragonBall.

Adding School Days ep12 on the frisbee list. Unecessarily violent at the end.
Old 2007-10-11, 04:03   Link #839
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Definitely not the worst anime ever, but School Days was definitely the worst of the season for me.
Old 2007-10-11, 04:47   Link #840
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
I mentally puked when GTO deviated from the manga. Fck that shit that was made up to explain why Miyabi hates adult so bad. Let's not get started on how potentially awesome characters like Mayu got shafted as a result.

And about Nanoha StrikerS, seeing Hayate Yagami shafted and stuck to a borderline-background character role makes me sad. Next, you'll see her shifted to Arf and Yuuno league: cameo-only. Poor planning? Lack of creative juice? Combination of the both?
Closed Thread