Notices

Old 2018-03-14, 12:12   Link #21441
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Or perhaps she'll cook better.
I had to laugh when i read that

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-15, 09:48   Link #21442
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Or perhaps she'll cook better.
Or maybe she would finally accept reality as it is and go the opposite way and pursue the path of the Gluttonous King =3

Signature by liro
Estavali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-15, 10:06   Link #21443
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Estavali View Post
Or maybe she would finally accept reality as it is and go the opposite way and pursue the path of the Gluttonous King =3
Lets hope her Admiral is Emiya Shirou.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-15, 11:21   Link #21444
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Great it's now H scene. Akashi now replaced with xxx
Old 2018-03-15, 13:21   Link #21445
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estavali View Post
Not sure if this was mentioned here before. According to Comptiq, before getting her Kai 2, Isokaze will receive a 改乙 first, due this Spring.
Spoiler for 改乙 silhouette?:

I wonder what's this all about? @_@
Wait just saw it... Is that just the coloring or is that an anime preview scene of Zuikaku and her abyssal self, in their new outfit... ?!
Season 2 intensifies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
Great it's now H scene. Akashi now replaced with xxx
Not sure what you are talking about she still looks normal in the game...

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2018-03-15, 13:59   Link #21446
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
Wait just saw it... Is that just the coloring or is that an anime preview scene of Zuikaku and her abyssal self, in their new outfit... ?!
Season 2 intensifies?
What are you talking about? This is just magazine cover art drawn by Konishi.
Old 2018-03-15, 14:02   Link #21447
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakurin View Post
What are you talking about? This is just magazine cover art.
I know, the coloring kinda mkes it look like it could be from the anime though, as the Crane Princess' face looks more streamlined. -Might as I said just be the coloring though.

Old 2018-03-15, 14:16   Link #21448
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
I know, the coloring kinda mkes it look like it could be from the anime though, as the Crane Princess' face looks more streamlined. -Might as I said just be the coloring though.
It's not might. It is not an anime preview. Simple as that.
Old 2018-03-16, 04:54   Link #21449
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

The event is pretty much finished for me, Daitou is the only ship I didn't get but after the 55 runs it took to get Tashkent and 80 to get Hamanami, I have spent more time farming than I expected. Now it's time for DD/Kaiboukan leveling and ressourse gathering. Hopefully, next event might not be a big one...
Old 2018-03-16, 17:59   Link #21450
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

I really REALLY hope E7 phase 2 is a so called "victory lap" as some people claim it to be, because the first phase was an atrocious pyrrhic victory.
It is as stupid as Summer 2017 LD, although it is kind of worse psychologically speaking, since it isn't even the final boss.
Old 2018-03-16, 18:08   Link #21451
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
I really REALLY hope E7 phase 2 is a so called "victory lap" as some people claim it to be, because the first phase was an atrocious pyrrhic victory.
It is as stupid as Summer 2017 LD, although it is kind of worse psychologically speaking, since it isn't even the final boss.
so much fuel u have now?

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-16, 18:30   Link #21452
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

As shown in my tweet, 140k. I'm not particularly confident considering P1 alone made me bleed 100k.
Old 2018-03-17, 05:36   Link #21453
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
As shown in my tweet, 140k. I'm not particularly confident considering P1 alone made me bleed 100k.
I am at last dance. I started E7 at 88kish fuel. I finished my shortcut unlock and debuff runs at 18k fuel. I am slowly recovering my fuel, at 33k atm.

The debuff runs were the worst for me. Its as if the CV-hime AND the node after it were determined to not let me pass. Victory lap, my ass. I am also recovering my chevrons for my LBAs, just out of caution. Tonightm I gonna do sparkle runs for my support fleet. I am not sure if the historical bonus damage work for support expeditions tho.
Old 2018-03-18, 12:31   Link #21454
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Winter 2018 E7甲 Part 2 LD

AND THIS IS DONE!

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

The Witch is choked, dead, defenestrated, destroyed, drowned, extinguished, eradicated, erased, exterminated.

I, again, tried my luck through patient, tedious, sparklecolle runs to triple sparkle not just my support expeds. but also my fleet. And as Kakurin called it, the troll sub, CVhime or that fucking torpedo squadron in node W laughed at my sparkled combined fleet, in each of my 8 runs in Last Dance.

The first run that made it to the boss was an absolute disaster, I dont event know why I even tried to push in Yasen.

The second trip to the boss was one of those So Close moments or "If Nagato from friend fleet was not taihaed or if Zuihou was not damaged, maybe...".

The last trip to the boss have some incidents like Hayasui getting to orange at the air raid, I pushed on, crossing my fingers. Then come the last node where finally my BBs and Cranes got their shit together, as in they targeted the Dysons instead of the small fry. And Musashi got enough of that shit and Kurita Punched Abyssal Zui Zui.

Here is the replay to see it

Images

Muh rewards

Images

While I liked the intended overall narrative of the event. There were some things that rubbed me the wrong way, such as going back to Surigao with the Nishimura fleet, which goes against the narrative of Leyte Part 1. I feel tired, mentally exhausted for pushing myself through E6 and E7. E6 part 2 and 3, and E7 part 1 were the worst parts of the event. And I dont know if I'd get the patience to do E2 and E4 in 甲. As you can tell, it was not a full 甲 clear.

Last edited by Sheba; 2018-03-18 at 12:59.
Old 2018-03-18, 13:18   Link #21455
Kakurin
大佐

Congratulations. Can imagine the effort spent (and hence I went with 乙). At least you don't need to farm as far as I remember.
Old 2018-03-18, 13:32   Link #21456
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakurin View Post
Congratulations. Can imagine the effort spent (and hence I went with 乙). At least you don't need to farm as far as I remember.
Yes, at least I didnt have to go back for Tashkent or Jervis. I know people in the discord room where I idle that still couldnt get either of them. Depending on my resources and my luck I wanted to see if I could try getting a Iowa dupe. But the sheer amount of resources spent, and post-clear laziness made me go F it.

Now the most important now is to get my resources back. And I repeat, this is not a victory lap. Sure, compared to the shithole that Part 1 is. But my 8 runs, 5 retreats, 3 boss trips, and regarding the fuel I have left (I started my runs of today with 30k fuel), it was testing whatever patience I have left.

And reseting to a lower difficulty would have felt like an insult to my girls who made it so far, especially after E6. Sunken cost fallacy, all that.
Old 2018-03-18, 17:33   Link #21457
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Done with the event.
General course for me was 甲甲甲乙甲甲甲. After few tries in E4甲, I've concluded the resource spent there just for an extra report wasn't worth it at all.
Meanwhile, I wasn't exactly satisfied how leyte part 1 went, so went full 甲 afterwards. Suffice to say, E7 was a rollercoaster in a very bad way.

This event "does" feel like a special one, which is understandable since it is Leyte after all. So I appreciate the general mood and extra effort with all relevant girls for this one (be it CG, voice lines, "scenarisation" and all).
But seriously, I really wish they stop throwing multiple stages maps in our face (this was already annoying with TP => real gauge stuff, but still tolerable to some extent), because not only it has a major effect on how you have to preserve resources and all, but it takes way too much time. Regarding this issue, E6 and E7 were huge offenders: insane pre-boss nodes and unlocking process being harder than the final boss itself.

But above all else, the number of bosses we have to take down is really ludicrous. It really is exhausting and it require some luck with LBA but also the friend fleet.
Speaking of which, friend fleet feature is a huge red flag because it could potentially be a second LBA rng festival in the future. Not only they are subject to the usual RNG such as targeting, accuracy and critical damage, but they have awkward equipment setup AND aren't modernized at all. Furthermore, the composition of the friend fleet is too random and some fleets are way stronger and useful than others to the point it doesn't make any sense whatsoever.
If anything, Yamato friend fleet felt like an awkward admission that E7 final boss was too hard and they had to introduce a beefer support although I wish they included them for the first E7 boss because she was WAY more annoying to deal with.

I really hope the clearing data for both Leyte events will finally knock them some sense unless they really want to put even more emphasis on the difficulty segregation. Summer 2017 was already painful as it was, but both Leyte event displaced the difficulty to something uglier than merely a "super tough boss".

Last edited by Klashikari; 2018-03-18 at 18:17.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-18, 19:04   Link #21458
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Speaking of which, friend fleet feature is a huge red flag because it could potentially be a second LBA rng festival in the future. Not only they are subject to the usual RNG such as targeting, accuracy and critical damage, but they have awkward equipment setup AND aren't modernized at all. Furthermore, the composition of the friend fleet is too random and some fleets are way stronger and useful than others to the point it doesn't make any sense whatsoever.
I do share some of your worry about the Friend Fleet, in it's current form it's not much reliable. The question is, what will it be in it's final form; if it use shipgirls from another player instead of random one it's likely to be more reliable.
Fleet fought in PvP are often more efficient than the one they put for the Friend Fleet.
Old 2018-03-18, 19:22   Link #21459
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
I do share some of your worry about the Friend Fleet, in it's current form it's not much reliable. The question is, what will it be in it's final form; if it use shipgirls from another player instead of random one it's likely to be more reliable.
Fleet fought in PvP are often more efficient than the one they put for the Friend Fleet.
oh no please no fleets from other player.
Tanaka will just implement it the worst way possible - meaning random.
Meaning trolls with lv 1 Ships (like PvP)

To add to Klashikari's issue:
At first it kinda felt like the Western Fleet was totally OP - then people realized that their equipment was totally fucked up.
The Russian fleet on the other hand would have been more useful if there wasn't a composition where the heavy hitter of said fleet was using a flashlight while not being flagship.

Old 2018-03-18, 19:34   Link #21460
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Practically speaking, only Yamato, Yahagi and Noshiro's fleets were remotely useful. Nishimura's fleet was kind of average as they tend to have too many chuuha ships with somewhat serviceable equipment. I never got IBS fleet, but they are probably around the same damage output.
The rest of the friendly fleets was pretty much trash and could barely deal any scratch damage.

I'm not even sure what they were thinking: the C version of western fleet, the EU fleet, the russian fleet and the 19th desdiv could generally attack 3 times since the boss usually disable one of them. You would expect some special stuff with them, but they didn't even make up for their much smaller fleet composition with equipment. That's why it is yet another huge layer of RNG behind a questionable feature.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2018-03-18 at 19:45.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
browser game, dmm, ship girls