AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2012-01-23, 19:52   Link #19301
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

That's exactly the same with me, mine is even worse that sometimes I don't pay attention to the character's feelings and expression, hence I took a liking on FP-POV :|

Oh, and considering how elite I.S.A. is, they should have extensive amount of cooking wares and stuff.
Old 2012-01-23, 19:56   Link #19302
Eratas123

@ Senpai - On the pther hand, FP POV works well for me now since I can make comments about the situation and how the character feels abput them. Anyway, I'm writing Chapter 4 of FI right now (Which is popular for some reason) and I only have a few kids left. Thinking on whether or not to leave Kazuma's and Shouta's intro a cliffhanger or not:/
Old 2012-01-23, 21:25   Link #19303
Setsuna Asuka

That feel when there are few canon fics
Old 2012-01-23, 21:27   Link #19304
Eratas123

What do you mean? How else can we expand on canon as it is when there's not much there to expound on?
Old 2012-01-23, 21:31   Link #19305
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Setsuna
Please elaborate
Old 2012-01-23, 22:07   Link #19306
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

It's a bit hard to write canon fics when... its kinda boring? XD

Also, I'm as busy as hell, so 1 fic is enough for me. I ditched the canon character centric plans as a result. It's mostly told from Ichika's perspective, and covers events that did not make it to the novel or anime. As such, when strung together, it becomes a grim tale of the wider world.

Originally intended to be a parallel story, but it has been woven into SHOOTiNG ST@RS as a whole, and is now the focus of S7. Making the key McGuffins of the season, Celeste, Peter, Ichika and Houki.

Though as a retroactive redeux, I could do a CC-centric fic during the 4 year time-skip after Ichika disappears and everyone tries to cope without him.
Old 2012-01-23, 22:13   Link #19307
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Ummmm.....

What is Canon fic?
Old 2012-01-23, 22:16   Link #19308
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

My understanding would be one based around canon characters.
Old 2012-01-23, 22:20   Link #19309
Eratas123

The problem is that canon boils down to....harem antics, harem antics, and harem antics. We have to add our own tjings or touches (Look at Soaring and Whitw Knight) or we'd get nothing new except more perverted antics.
Old 2012-01-23, 22:29   Link #19310
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
The problem is that canon boils down to....harem antics, harem antics, and harem antics. We have to add our own tjings or touches (Look at Soaring and Whitw Knight) or we'd get nothing new except more perverted antics.
Not necessarily, it's the fact that we are seeing a rise of male OC pilots (even though it breaks canon rules). To me, it means usually one thing is that, most of these OCs are self-inserts while overriding canon characters' with their own.

Which brings a second question, why is it so hard to write a female OC pilot? It doesn't break canon rules, can still go by the plot, doesn't have to break current relationships as not all females are love-struck bunnies, or that while the OC respects Ichika & harem, but it's FINE to use the canon cast as side characters especially if the fanfiction is a sidestory or such.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-23, 22:32   Link #19311
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Which brings a second question, why is it so hard to write a female OC pilot? It doesn't break canon rules, can still go by the plot, doesn't have to break current relationships as not all females are love-struck bunnies, or that while the OC respects Ichika & harem, but it's FINE to use the canon cast as side characters especially if the fanfiction is a sidestory or such.
Pretty much describes Karon. That said, I think I'm alone in this aspect.
Old 2012-01-23, 22:56   Link #19312
Eratas123

There was one person who made a female OC pilot....and she was one of the biggest sue's in the archive Also, FI and Daydreams focus on the canon cast and that's all I've been updating recently.

@ Senpai - Did you get the PM?
Old 2012-01-24, 00:29   Link #19313
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Guess some people just find it challenging to write one that's not a love-struck bunny.

Still, I try to play around with writing both male and female OCs into one story. Hard for me to lean on just one side of the pivot.
Old 2012-01-24, 01:03   Link #19314
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSpear View Post
Guess some people just find it challenging to write one that's not a love-struck bunny.
Ah, the wonderful life of a ff author... (<<--- don't mind that)

I think that's the hardest part when it refers to write something related to canon, on a history that doesn't have poor (or nonexistent) central plot. And where the harem setting is just a little (?) annoying.

Still, some good works can utilize that on the favor on write a central plot for a fic,.

---------------------------

Let me share an anecdote

I had a plot wrote on a txt document that was a x-over using IS, Getter (armageddon) , FMP, unicorn and tekkaman blade, but it was eventually discarded and burned to ashes.

Instead, I take some parts of the plot and adapted into ab IS plot that MAYBE can work inside the canon rules.

Still... some characters needs to be OGs, specially the antagonists and supporting ones.
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-24, 01:54   Link #19315
Eratas123

The problem is that we can barely do anything with the canon cast while keeping them completely in character. If we add depth to them, we're already bullshitting sonce they obviously didn't have these thoughts/actions in the canon.
Old 2012-01-24, 03:02   Link #19316
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
The problem is that we can barely do anything with the canon cast while keeping them completely in character. If we add depth to them, we're already bullshitting sonce they obviously didn't have these thoughts/actions in the canon.
Term I'll use would be "exploring" the possibilities.

I mean it is fanfiction, it's what we make of these characters from what canon left us with... which is not much, unfortunately.

Does the gang ever ponder about Phantom Task or do they just resume their highschool antics even after something as serious as Cecilia getting stabbed in the arm?
Old 2012-01-24, 03:03   Link #19317
DarkJak2050

Which is why my fic is both an OC story and a "sidestory" of the canon.

And fanfic spotted...

Interlude
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-24, 03:14   Link #19318
Eratas123

No, they resume the antics and Cecilia just uses it as an excuse for Ichika to feed her.

I already read interlude.
Old 2012-01-24, 03:19   Link #19319
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
No, they resume the antics and Cecilia just uses it as an excuse for Ichika to feed her.
That sucks... I was hoping they would actually have at least a degree of curiousity even though they can't do jack but... oh well.
Old 2012-01-24, 03:19   Link #19320
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Did the 2nd Gospel battle happen during dawn or dusk?
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest