AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-01-28, 10:26   Link #421
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Ninja_ View Post
After all it is questionable to say the least if what Mitsuru deserved was physical injury.
Eh, what 02 did is more to give a psychological bitchslap to Mitsu's pride and hubris. The physical injury is a means to that end. Mitsu might not deserve the physical injury, but he certainly deserved the psychological bitchslap to put him in his place.

But all in all, most of the kids in this episodes acted a bit immature like, well, kids. Hiro's decision to let Mitsu pilot with 02 is actually the more mature decision based on the rules.
Old 2018-01-28, 10:58   Link #422
_Ninja_

The fact no one survives riding with Zero Two more than three times doesn't make it sound harmless. Seems pretty dangerous. I guess we will see how badly he was hurt.
_Ninja_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-28, 11:17   Link #423
Galaxian

If Hiro's name for 015 was Ichigo, would 02's name be Oni?
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-28, 11:36   Link #424
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^Probably Reiha
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-28, 12:29   Link #425
ValvraveTruth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura_Tsuki View Post
In regards of Mitsuru his attitude towards Hiro, it was already bad starting from episode 1. That high and mighty attitude was something you could notice from ep 1. In ep 1 you also had a brief moment when you saw Ikuno being the only one who had some difficulties when connecting with Mitsuru, so there was a little foreshadowing right there in Mitsuru going all '' look at me Hiro attitude and how amazing I'm in ep 3''. so people mentioning that he deserved it is quite obvious imho. Zorome barks a lot but Mitsuru is even far worse than Zorome, in ep 2 you could see Mitsuru getting Zorome agitated towards Hiro with only making a sly remark towards Hiro. When Hiro appeared while Zorome and Gorou where playing ball. And that kinda ignited the little fight they had later on (zorome and Hiro). To me what happened in ep 3 was Mitsuru getting a reality check. So people mentioning it is quite obvious.

'm looking forward how this incident is going to affect Mitsuru in the following episode, if he's going to show some more humility our just keep going with that attitude of his.
I bet not many try to understand why Mitsuru is the way he is now or the high & mighty attitude, since everyone so ocupied with Mitsuru's act.
Old 2018-01-28, 12:29   Link #426
Styraxx

In my opinion 02 almost killed Mitsuru not to teach him a lesson (he was one of many completely irrelevant pilots for her)but to show the command what effects it will have to send her with anyone other than Hiro. Such action was for her a form of showing dissatisfaction with order she get.

Generally if Hiro did not ask her to go with Mitsuru she will just ignore order.
From 02 point of view rescue other teams was not the main goal she reported to this mission just to pilot Strelizia with her Darling. If she could not go for a ride with him, there is no reason for her to save them.

Let us assume that she would withdraw in accordance with the order and nothing bad would not happen to Mitsuru. What would stop her superiors for send her with him for next mission? From their point of view Mitsuru would have seemed a safer solution than Hiro who practically have zero experience.
So this what she did is not too nice but quite reasonable
Styraxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-28, 12:32   Link #427
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValvraveTruth View Post
I bet not many try to understand why Mitsuru is the way he is now since everyone so ocupied with Mitsuru's act.
Why he did those actions doesn't change the fact that he did certain actions. Volunteering to do one's civic duty is one thing, but rubbing it in someone's face to take advantage of a situation and dump his partner for another colors the action differently.
Old 2018-01-28, 12:39   Link #428
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

I know that Hiro has his reasons but his changes reminded me of this:
-I wanna pilot the mecha with 002
-Okay, okay! Jeez!
-I don't want it anymore.
-Make up your mind!

A cookie to whoever gets reference
Old 2018-01-28, 12:41   Link #429
Sakuratsuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValvraveTruth View Post
I bet not many try to understand why Mitsuru is the way he is now or the high & mighty attitude, since everyone so ocupied with Mitsuru's act.
People are reacting towards what they see right now and from the information they got so far and hence the conclusions. If in next episode something else happens perhaps opinions will change. But as I said before his attitude is not something worth defending. Even if there is a valid reason you can't never defend bad behavior towards others like he did with Hiro. Some talked about maturity/childish behavior in regards of Mitsuru and his position, I think Zero 2 showed the most maturity of them all by putting Mitsuru in his place.

The explanation of people just being pissed at Hiro so they vent their anger on Mitsuru is imho farfetched. Unless some have been watching a totally different anime for not seeing this coming.
Old 2018-01-28, 13:00   Link #430
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
I wonder if 02's attitude is going to a basis for conflict with Hiro. After all it is questionable to say the least if what Mitsuru deserved was physical injury. From the looks of it she did that on purpose because he annoyed her. And she doesn't seem to care about anyone in general other than Darling. Actually it is questionable what it is exactly that she feels for him, all we have is that her horns didn't turn him away and that he could pilot with her. It seems it her desire to find her destined one but how will they really click going forward.
Hiro seemed somewhat disturbed by seeing Mitsuru in that state. But he might just roll for the obvious solution: push even more to become her co-pilot as he can stand it and it's better if he takes it than anyone else.

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-28, 13:03   Link #431
ValvraveTruth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura_Tsuki View Post
People are reacting towards what they see right now and from the information they got so far and hence the conclusions. If in next episode something else happens perhaps opinions will change. But as I said before his attitude is not something worth defending. Even if there is a valid reason you can't never defend bad behavior towards others like he did with Hiro. Some talked about maturity/childish behavior in regards of Mitsuru and his position, I think Zero 2 showed the most maturity of them all by putting Mitsuru in his place.

The explanation of people just being pissed at Hiro so they vent their anger on Mitsuru is imho farfetched. Unless some have been watching a totally different anime for not seeing this coming.
Like you said Mitsuru definately not worth defending. But do you notice that Mitsuru is actually a hardcore fan of Hiro? which lead to him being all high & mighty.
Old 2018-01-28, 13:18   Link #432
Twi

Broken Pedestal. He once looked up to him, being nervous and afraid to go see him at the end of the Flashback, but as Hiro fell from grace he started to disdain what he'd become and wanted to take his place. Admiration that became twisted, rather than the childish mockery that Zorome did to make himself seem big.
Old 2018-01-28, 14:26   Link #433
ValvraveTruth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
Broken Pedestal. He once looked up to him, being nervous and afraid to go see him at the end of the Flashback, but as Hiro fell from grace he started to disdain what he'd become and wanted to take his place. Admiration that became twisted, rather than the childish mockery that Zorome did to make himself seem big.
Nice that you see that
Old 2018-01-28, 14:52   Link #434
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
i thought that was pretty obvious if people saw it was Mitsuru looking for a name at the beginning of this ep, and with what he said when they were all together in the first half.

a good point i read somewhere else was 02 saying, "this plantation's squad is about to be wiped out again." it's a relevant because it seems kind of weird to me there are no "official" pairings at this plantation, only the training set which the higher ups just graduated. it's very likely something terrible happened in the time before the show started. i hope they dive into that at some point.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-28, 15:04   Link #435
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
I wonder if 02's attitude is going to a basis for conflict with Hiro. After all it is questionable to say the least if what Mitsuru deserved was physical injury. From the looks of it she did that on purpose because he annoyed her. And she doesn't seem to care about anyone in general other than Darling. Actually it is questionable what it is exactly that she feels for him, all we have is that her horns didn't turn him away and that he could pilot with her. It seems it her desire to find her destined one but how will they really click going forward.
I think it would be a failure of story writing for what 02 did to not affect Hiro in some meaningful way. The bigger question becomes what the effect will be, how long it will last and if/whether it will be resolved. The worse a condition Mitsuru is in the bigger an affect it will have. Also, it'll depend on 02's attitude and how that plays into Hiro's personality - Hiro perhaps has the greatest sense of responsibility of the kids, so will he start to view 02 as a threat or will he blame himself?

We could say that Hiro has/had a overly positive view of 02 until that point. He didn't believe that she deserved the "partner killer" title, despite seeing what happened to her previous partner - he didn't know the details so this isn't that unreasonable. In addition, the other kids only knew about her by reputation and didn't know the details or the like either. This is going to make all of them more cautious around her, possibly even hostile or fearful. 02 will probably not be bothered by that since she's probably used to it. However, she would definitely not like it if Hiro becomes afraid of her.

After ep 2, it looked likely that some event would force the adults' hand and they reluctantly allow 02 and Hiro to pilot again. However, imagine what would happen if that happens in the next episode while Hiro still hasn't come to terms with what 02 did. Instead of being all too happy to pilot with 02 again, he would have reservations of some kind, possibly even being afraid. However, he doesn't strike me as being someone overly concerned with the safety of his own life and I think his sense of responsibly will push him towards piloting with 02 again, even if that means he might suffer - ie he would go into it being resolved to deal with the potential consequences (so wouldn't be too different to ep 1 in some ways).

Anyway, I hope they do it well.
kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-28, 16:10   Link #436
IceHism

i get why they showed this ep to add some more character setup for 02 and hiro and it follows with what the 2nd episode showed us but it feels kind of meh to just see another episode just reinforces that 02 and hiro are the OTP.

Tho i liked it when hiro was like regretting it when he played a shit test on 02 and she just went along with it cause playing games is almost never a good idea. But 02 knows what she wants and declares that she wants her darling.

Atleast the episode ended with mitsuru getting "devoured", it made up for him being a dick. How do the pilots even devour each other anyways? These mechs have complex piloting systems and i like it but I wonder how and in what manner one of the partners could just forcibly hurt the other and make them bleed from their holes like what 02 does to everyone except hiro.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-28, 17:44   Link #437
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I'd like to say a word of praise in passing for the lovely score to this show by Tachibana Asami. The piece for piano and strings behind the scene where Zero Two and Hiro look out over the city was quite beautiful if melancholy.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-28, 19:35   Link #438
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHism View Post
i get why they showed this ep to add some more character setup for 02 and hiro and it follows with what the 2nd episode showed us but it feels kind of meh to just see another episode just reinforces that 02 and hiro are the OTP.
While it doesn't tell us (the viewers) a whole lot, it shows it to the in-world characters. Which is what creates the drama. So I think it's worth it.

Quote:
Tho i liked it when hiro was like regretting it when he played a shit test on 02 and she just went along with it cause playing games is almost never a good idea. But 02 knows what she wants and declares that she wants her darling.

Atleast the episode ended with mitsuru getting "devoured", it made up for him being a dick. How do the pilots even devour each other anyways? These mechs have complex piloting systems and i like it but I wonder how and in what manner one of the partners could just forcibly hurt the other and make them bleed from their holes like what 02 does to everyone except hiro.
I've been curious about this as well. I could understand purely mental trauma, but physical trauma as well is rather odd.

However, it seems Miku took "damage" as a side effect of being attacked by that klaxosaur. I don't think that was simply because that cockpit was being knocked about, since Zorome was basically fine. Perhaps this relates to something deeper in how the mechs actually work and are controlled.
kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-28, 21:53   Link #439
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Maybe it has to do with the mecha feedback to the pilots. When Miku got electrocuted she didn't pass on any of the pain to Zorome. However, 02 wasn't being that nice or it exceeded her absorption limits and it got passed on to Mitsuri. Mitsuri and the other pilots couldn't handle it so they got physical damage.
Old 2018-01-28, 22:27   Link #440
Twi

Well, we know that somehow the male pilots enter into the girl's head once they join together from Hiro. Mitsuru was showing signs of strain and mentioned he could feel the power so many times too. Most likely there's a secondary feedback, one linking the girl to the robot and another linking the pilot to the girl. My guess is that Zero Two pulls on the connection to the male pilot the more she links up to the robot since she seemed to have more control over her robot than he did.