AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-04-21, 09:29   Link #381
Rimbo99

Relationships so Far:

Kanami/Mai: The friends with one friend actively want to be more than friends.

Kanami/Hiyori: Friends with one wanting to get closer and the other developing feelings towards the one.

Kanami/Sayaka: The little sister feelign she can't keep up with her perfect sister.

Mai/Sayaka: A mother looking after her child.

Mai/Ellen: Just friends.

Kaoru/Ellen: Implied Lovers.

Kaoru/Sayaka: The girl wanting to get along with her step sister.

Kaoru/Hiyori: The woman who wants to annoy the in law.
Rimbo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-21, 12:54   Link #382
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
According to anime, a girl's chest is the repository of her hopes and dreams.
So would it be appropriate to say RIP Hiyori's hopes and dreams?
Old 2018-04-21, 20:38   Link #383
vietthai96
The Saiyan God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rimbo99 View Post
Relationships so Far:

Kanami/Mai: The friends with one friend actively want to be more than friends.

Kanami/Hiyori: Friends with one wanting to get closer and the other developing feelings towards the one.

Kanami/Sayaka: The little sister feelign she can't keep up with her perfect sister.

Mai/Sayaka: A mother looking after her child.

Mai/Ellen: Just friends.

Kaoru/Ellen: Implied Lovers.

Kaoru/Sayaka: The girl wanting to get along with her step sister.

Kaoru/Hiyori: The woman who wants to annoy the in law.
Old 2018-04-22, 14:38   Link #384
Norn
Dazed and Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
Best quote of ep.15

Spoiler for Image:

Really liking this group, especially the Vice Captain. I hope we'll see her more often.
Norn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-27, 09:43   Link #385
ValvraveTruth

Yup just like the 3 Hime from Japanese legend but with different origin setting lol, I bet they will fuse together in the end and become Amaterasu.
Old 2018-04-27, 09:47   Link #386
Lukes YGO & WS on YT
Naracchi & Saracchi

Spoiler for Episode 16 Comments/Feedback:
Lukes YGO & WS on YT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-27, 17:47   Link #387
Kakurin
大佐

So I guess the aradama have turned into the predecessors of the Abyssals. And Toji will eventually become Kanmusu.
Old 2018-04-27, 22:47   Link #388
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Episode 16 was really good.

I'm not yet sure how I feel about some of the big reveals made here, but I think they were executed very well. The episode felt extremely tense and unpredictable almost the entire time.

Sayaka's birthday moments were really sweet, and the action scenes were a fun and exciting watch (even Kanami sparring with Hiyori was fun to watch).

What I think I liked the best was watching Kanami and Hiyori's reaction all the big plot reveals. I like how it's left both of them feeling a little uncertain, and very questioning of things. At the same time, the show is playing it with good subtlety. It would have been easy to have Hiyori emotionally explode violently given how important all of this is to her, but I think it's better for her character and better for the overall human aspect of the show, to show her being more calmly thoughtful and reflective over things. I really liked how Hiyori asked Kanami for Kanami's opinion on things. It shows just how much Hiyori's character has developed since the first few episodes of Season 1, and it also shows a good overall sense of camaraderie between Hiyori and Kanami.
Old 2018-04-28, 02:02   Link #389
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakurin View Post
So I guess the aradama have turned into the predecessors of the Abyssals. And Toji will eventually become Kanmusu.
Touken Ranbu also should have fit in there somewhere too.
Faux Mecha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-28, 02:26   Link #390
Shyni

Quote:
I can't believe the YuYuYu game foreshadowed a future Gokumi show.
Shyni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-28, 03:08   Link #391
Marcus H.
Lord of the Lap Pillow

My favorite scene was the meeting with Takirihime and Akane. With only a few lines, Takirihime brought down Akane to her knees. That's how effective the feel of that empty room with that out-of-place shrine was combined with Takirihime's status as a kami. Even I felt Takirihime's presence. I definitely won't blame Akane for feeling like a blob of amoeba in the presence of a literal god.
Summer 2022: Yofukashi no Uta (3/13), Isekai Yakkyoku (3/12), Danmachi IV (Jul23) and Fuuto Tantei (Aug01).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 449. Plan to watch: 41.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-28, 12:29   Link #392
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Well, that was actually an unexpected reveal (totally thought it would be Yukari they were going to meet, and even after the showing I thought she just had some hime still inside her), and it certainly made things more complicated now, but that can be seen as a good thing; the added complexity to the Aradama gives this an even more different vibe from the usual "girls fighting big bad monsters" series, and there's the added uncertainty to how things will turn out later, further accentuated by even Kanami having doubts on what to do, and you knows its big when the battle crazy MC suddenly has second thoughts on the possibility of fighting someone.

What isn't so undpredictable is the kind of trouble Kanami's new fangirl is about to get into, sadly.

Quote:
Well, we already have Yukikaze, Isokaze and Iowa, so just give them some jetskis and we're ready.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Episode 16 was really good.

I'm not yet sure how I feel about some of the big reveals made here, but I think they were executed very well. The episode felt extremely tense and unpredictable almost the entire time.

Sayaka's birthday moments were really sweet, and the action scenes were a fun and exciting watch (even Kanami sparring with Hiyori was fun to watch).

What I think I liked the best was watching Kanami and Hiyori's reaction all the big plot reveals. I like how it's left both of them feeling a little uncertain, and very questioning of things. At the same time, the show is playing it with good subtlety. It would have been easy to have Hiyori emotionally explode violently given how important all of this is to her, but I think it's better for her character and better for the overall human aspect of the show, to show her being more calmly thoughtful and reflective over things. I really liked how Hiyori asked Kanami for Kanami's opinion on things. It shows just how much Hiyori's character has developed since the first few episodes of Season 1, and it also shows a good overall sense of camaraderie between Hiyori and Kanami.
About the camaraderie bit, I appreciate the show taking its time to develop the relationships between the girls outside of the obvious pairings, especially in the case of Kaoru and Sayaka, with how much sense it made and even taught the latter a valuable lesson. And yes, the birthday party was cute as well.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-28, 14:13   Link #393
Marina2

Can't wait for Yukina to find out that Yukari is still alive.

About 3 princesses

Images
3 Princesses
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Their characters' design seems to base on Three wise monkey ("hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil").........

1.Princess Tagitsu is "hear no evil"
2.Princess Takiri is "see no evil"
3. Princess Ichikishima is speak no evil

Interestingly, Princess Tagitsu said she "can see everything" If that is her unique power, then other princess will have their own power too. I will assume that Princess Takiri power is: she can tell everything (that's why she knows that who come in the room!) and Princess Ichikishima power is: she can hear everything.

Last edited by Marina2; 2018-04-28 at 14:33.
Marina2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-29, 03:20   Link #394
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Watched episode 16:

Surprised that Tagitsu hime is the other hooded figure.

Nice birthday celebration for Sayaka, she's starting to have a more enjoyable life now.

I guess none of the soldiers got hacked by Tagitsu, because the animators don't want to show blood?

Looking forward to next week.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-29, 04:46   Link #395
Rimbo99

Anybody expecting that the anime will lead to a franchise much like Kantai Collection.
Old 2018-04-29, 05:09   Link #396
Marcus H.
Lord of the Lap Pillow

Something like Kantai? Nah, for several reasons.
As it stands, Kancolle was constrained by the deals it had with certain companies.
Second, there's not enough standout characters for that.
Summer 2022: Yofukashi no Uta (3/13), Isekai Yakkyoku (3/12), Danmachi IV (Jul23) and Fuuto Tantei (Aug01).

Old 2018-04-29, 08:34   Link #397
vietthai96
The Saiyan God

Kantai collection is a franchise, i don't believe it
Old 2018-04-29, 10:42   Link #398
Marina2

Doesn't Kantai Collection start as a low profile browser games before it became popular?

Toji no Miko is already the franchise with anime, game and comic available. I would say that the game gets decent attention. It depends on how will Square Enix push it from now on.
Old 2018-05-01, 20:46   Link #399
Marcus H.
Lord of the Lap Pillow

Preview for Episode 17, "The Goddesses' Madness"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preview
Kanami Etou and Hiyori Juujou join Akane Origami onboard a ship in the Pacific Ocean. This voyage took place in order to rendezvous with Yukari Origami, who is currently hiding within a submarine. Former Elite Guards Maki Shidou and Suzuka Konohana were also present. There, all parties involved are informed of a surprising development.

Old 2018-05-03, 14:57   Link #400
Rimbo99

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?