AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2022-06-11, 12:03   Link #421
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
In chapter 67, before he went to the other bar with Himekawa, he said that they had performances people they recruited through workshops, but they were a flop and they'd never do it again.
Just because a venture flopped doesn't mean the company would go under.

You don't even know how old their father is. He looked fairly young for an adult when he visited Ai's grave.

Let's not forget the other suspect was a middle schooler back when the Goro was killed and just reborn as Aqua.
Aqua is at least 16 years old now, so that middle schooler would be in his late 20s by now.

But yes, technically there is no guarantee until the point when it's revealed, just like it's not guaranteed that Akane will die yet either.
If there was a guarantee, there would be no point to this discussion.
The performances flopped. The workshops may have stopped but that doesn't mean the people they recruited left the troupe. He also said that the troupe had trouble getting members which is why they held the workshops to begin with. Earlier Aqua was told by someone else that Ai met the father at a workshop.

He has to be in his early 30s. I was referring to the middle schooler potentially being the father which is why I asked about the ages lining up. A quick google search says the oldest middle schooler can be 15. Ai was 16 when she got pregnant. It's cutting things close.
Old 2022-06-11, 12:44   Link #422
Shadow5YA

Japanese middle school is grades 7 to 9, which would be around 12 to 15.
Ai was 16 when she got pregnant, so that would only be a few years age difference.

I don't think guessing a person's age by their appearance is reliable.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-11, 12:56   Link #423
bakato

Quote:
I don't think guessing a person's age by their appearance is reliable.
You're the one who said he looked young.
Old 2022-06-11, 16:36   Link #424
Shadow5YA

I did, but I didn't go further and say "he has to be in his early 30s"
Old 2022-06-11, 18:30   Link #425
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Don't forget the twins' father is also Himekawa's father, and that Himekawa is in his 20s.
Old 2022-06-11, 19:16   Link #426
bakato

Quote:
I did, but I didn't go further and say "he has to be in his early 30s"
Yeah. Because I did math. You just contradicted yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Don't forget the twins' father is also Himekawa's father, and that Himekawa is in his 20s.
Good point. So the father must be older. Definitely mid 30s.

Last edited by bakato; 2022-06-12 at 15:52.
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-11, 21:19   Link #427
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Himekawa's age is stated to be 19 at the beginning of the Tokyo Blade play in chapter 41. Since the current arc was only a year timeskip, he would be 20 right now. He's only a few years older than Aqua.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
Yeah. Because I did math. you just contradicted yourself.

Good point. So the father must be older. Definitely mid 30s.
Your assumption that Uehara Seijuurou is Himekawa Taiki and Hoshino Aqua's biological father is not the same as mine.

The news article only said that they found Himekawa Airi and her husband's corpse. I assume that your hypothesis is that he faked his death?

There are other loopholes that wouldn't contradict the news article but would throw the father's age out of the window, like for example Himekawa Airi committed adultery and Taiki being the product of another man entirely, with that man still being at large.
Most likely this is what Akane thought of when Aqua told her the story, because it's entirely plausible for Aqua and Taiki's biological father to be someone else entirely and Taiki only assumed Seijuurou was his father because he was his mother's husband.

Remember back when a few people here thought Taiki wouldn't know anything important to Aqua since he grew up in an orphanage since he was young? This can still apply. The DNA test only proved that he and Aqua have the same father, not that Uehara Seijuurou is the father.

Last edited by Shadow5YA; 2022-06-11 at 21:31.
Old 2022-06-12, 15:55   Link #428
bakato

Quote:
Your assumption that Uehara Seijuurou is Himekawa Taiki and Hoshino Aqua's biological father is not the same as mine.

The news article only said that they found Himekawa Airi and her husband's corpse. I assume that your hypothesis is that he faked his death?

There are other loopholes that wouldn't contradict the news article but would throw the father's age out of the window, like for example Himekawa Airi committed adultery and Taiki being the product of another man entirely, with that man still being at large.
Most likely this is what Akane thought of when Aqua told her the story, because it's entirely plausible for Aqua and Taiki's biological father to be someone else entirely and Taiki only assumed Seijuurou was his father because he was his mother's husband.

Remember back when a few people here thought Taiki wouldn't know anything important to Aqua since he grew up in an orphanage since he was young? This can still apply. The DNA test only proved that he and Aqua have the same father, not that Uehara Seijuurou is the father.
I never assumed that or made any indication of such. I was obviously talking about the murderer being both Himekawa and Aqua's biological father.
Old 2022-06-16, 18:02   Link #429
Twi

Oshi no Ko updated to Chapter 84. While Memcho is getting a better look into how unstable Aqua is, Ruby meanwhile is trolling the crap out of him by appearing on his show. She's apparently got a strategic mind by pitching the idea of marketing them as twins, with her being the bubbly one and him the serious one.

Spoiler:
Old 2022-06-16, 18:11   Link #430
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Ruby is becoming scary...
Old 2022-06-16, 19:51   Link #431
stray
Classic Tsundere

Ruby is becoming awesome.

One would assume the twins will talk shit out eventually, though it might be a while.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-17, 00:27   Link #432
Sixth
Hu Tao

Aqua is really losing his touch when even his sister is now doing the whole edgy thing better.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-17, 21:23   Link #433
Wandering Soul

Ruby really is turning to the dark side.
Old 2022-06-18, 07:05   Link #434
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixth View Post
Aqua is really losing his touch when even his sister is now doing the whole edgy thing better.
Aqua never managed to awaken his mangekyou in both eyes, and he's now even lost it. They aren't in the same ballpark.
Old 2022-06-24, 10:51   Link #435
Shadow5YA

Ruby has the passion now, but I'm glad she just didn't suddenly get smarter. I also like that the former president is getting involved. I completely assumed he was a throwaway character until the previous chapter
Old 2022-06-24, 11:50   Link #436
Twi

Oshi no Ko updated to Chapter 85. Ruby tries to ask if the guy knew who her father was, but the former president tells her that he would have killed the guy if he knew himself. He doesn't tell Ruby too much because no one can cover for her if she gets too reckless, and she needs to get bigger to draw them to her instead. Even when he tries to keep his stoicness, hearing she made it as a reporter reveals his pride in her before he explains she needs to make herself stand out by playing the fool in contrast to her brother's seriousness and she's basically manipulating the assistant director to where I'm concerned he might become the new yandere. Meanwhile, Aqua knows someone is feeding her information, but not who at present.
Old 2022-06-24, 12:05   Link #437
Sixth
Hu Tao

Good to know that despite Aqus losing his edge, he still retains his intelligence to figure out that someone is tutoring Ruby from behind. Now the main point is whether he will be able to deduct Ruby's goal or not with little information at his hands.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-24, 20:28   Link #438
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixth View Post
Good to know that despite Aqus losing his edge, he still retains his intelligence to figure out that someone is tutoring Ruby from behind. Now the main point is whether he will be able to deduct Ruby's goal or not with little information at his hands.
Also how will he react to what her goal is. Will he stop lying to himself and acknowledge his father his still out there or attempt to deter her?
Old 2022-06-25, 02:42   Link #439
dark44

Is Ruby gonna sell herself to be popular ?
dark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-25, 06:40   Link #440
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark44 View Post
Is Ruby gonna sell herself to be popular ?
If you mean selling her body, then no.

Tags
celebrities, entertainment world, mystery, reincarnation, revenge, tragedy