AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-01-15, 14:21   Link #21
foxbox360
New Age Badass

The main couple from season 1 survive after all and had the twins for this season. That Sogan ninja saved them.
Old 2018-01-15, 21:45   Link #22
Uribatake

Is it possible that enough time passed between Tenzen's death and the Gennosuke/Oboro confrontation that they could have those twin children at Kyohachiro Hattori's request before killing themselves?
Uribatake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-16, 00:30   Link #23
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uribatake View Post
Is it possible that enough time passed between Tenzen's death and the Gennosuke/Oboro confrontation that they could have those twin children at Kyohachiro Hattori's request before killing themselves?
Not possible, the confrontation pretty much happened within the next day or two. Gennosuke's eyes were still sealed, and we were told that the effects only last for seven days.
Old 2018-01-16, 13:18   Link #24
Uribatake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudedmind View Post
Not possible, the confrontation pretty much happened within the next day or two. Gennosuke's eyes were still sealed, and we were told that the effects only last for seven days.
You're right, I completely forgot about the sealed eyes. I've just come across the sequel's official synopsis, and it does imply Gennosuke and Oboro were revived by Kyohachiro, although it doesn't specify for how long.
Old 2018-01-16, 18:27   Link #25
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The implication that Hachirou and Hibiki using both of their doujutsu at the same time can create some sort of disaster made me wonder: did we ever see Gennosuke and Oboro try to use theirs on each other? I've watched Basilisk so long ago, I really can't remember.
Old 2018-01-16, 18:38   Link #26
DemonneoPT

Too bad the animation quality is far worse than the first season aired in fucking 2005!!! So many still shots and low quality action...

Anyway, i hope the timeskip will come soon, as implied by the OP, because Basilisk with kids it's just not the same xD. Curious to know how they are going to justify Hashirou and Hibiki existence taken in account the events from season 1 tho.
DemonneoPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-18, 14:27   Link #27
Ghostfriendly

Ep 1 didn't do much to set up the plot, or what goals and problems these ninja will be tackling through the series, while the original series rolled out the death match straight away. This iteration seems to have incest instead.

If the Shogun is one of the brats Koushiro and Akeginu died for in S1, I'd be glad to see him taken down a good many more pegs. I really doubt there was any need to bring in Nobunaga, or his ghost. Action scenes aren't bad, character development in S1 was slow, so there might be surprises there.

Why does Tenzen get a memorial cherry tree? He should've been thrown out for the dogs, if they could find any daft enough to eat him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
The original show actually said incest was a thing. So it happening here comes as no surprise.
The original novel certainly asserted that the Iga and Kouga in their little hidden villages are both deplorably inbred, which explains a few things. Gennosuke was very aware of this problem, and his marvellous solution was to mix the two clans' bloodline through marrying Oboro. The last thing he would want would be for his and Oboro's children to have sex; but for such a great hero he never could accomplish much.
Ghostfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-18, 19:03   Link #28
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

^
Nah, it was unrelated to that.
Old 2018-01-18, 19:17   Link #29
Ghostfriendly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
^
Nah, it was unrelated to that.
What was unrelated to what? If you mean incest, I can't remember where that came into the original series, could you remind me? If you mean Gennosuke wasn't marrying Oboro to solve the inbreeding problem, of course he was also in love with her, and he wanted to their marriage to bring peace between the clans, but he mentioned mixing bloodlines as another reason in the novel.
Old 2018-01-19, 01:10   Link #30
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Oh, Hibiki and Hachirou are basically Oboro and Gennosuke 'kid-ified' by Hattori or his son. Or at least that's what they imply, considering you know, Hibiki/Hachirou are spitting images of Oboro/Gen AND they have identical powers.

So maybe, they will start the new kouga/iga war because Gen and Oboro did not TECHNICALLY die. Though how they will explain why Hibiki and Hachi want to kill each other even though they're already in love with each other, I don't know. Maybe Hibiki will go all yandere because Hachi leaves the village without her lol.

Which means yeah, it's technically not incest. I'll take it though, as Gen/Oboro as something I like as a childhood friend shipper, even though I bet dollars to donuts that Utsu is going to be the next Kagerou. XD

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-19, 09:49   Link #31
Ghostfriendly

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
So maybe, they will start the new kouga/iga war because Gen and Oboro did not TECHNICALLY die. Though how they will explain why Hibiki and Hachi want to kill each other even though they're already in love with each other, I don't know. Maybe Hibiki will go all yandere because Hachi leaves the village without her lol.
The famous Shinobi 'Honour and duty' led in the first series to Koushiro letting Tenzen molest the girl he loved, Gennosuke believing for half the series that Oboro wanted to kill him, and the Iga lining up to die for someone worthless as Tenzen. Honour will probably lead them into a few more outrageous actions this series unless their nindo finally overcomes their giri.

Quote:
I bet dollars to donuts that Utsu is going to be the next Kagerou. XD
She may well be, good for her, now where is the next Akeginu? Actually where are all the improbably endowed women falling out of their clothes from S1, though their absence may be a good thing?
Old 2018-01-19, 12:10   Link #32
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostfriendly View Post
She may well be, good for her, now where is the next Akeginu? Actually where are all the improbably endowed women falling out of their clothes from S1, though their absence may be a good thing?
The absence of gorgeous female ninjas is certainly a bad thing for me. Ninja story won't be complete without kunoichis who use their sex appeal to lure and kill their opponents . And I'm not interested in watching kids or lolis doing that particular sexual kunoichi activity *shiver*.

That reminds me, poor Kagerou......
Old 2018-01-21, 20:56   Link #33
alex_drian

mmm I don't know that expect of this season. The powers of the kids seems a bit underwhelming compared to the last gen. Like the armor boy or the gun girl?, but well, and I still wonder about Hachiyo and Hibiki. We'll see. Oh, I bet that some people will call this the Boruto of Basilisk.

You know that. I miss Tenzen. The fucker makes entertaining the story.
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-21, 23:53   Link #34
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Well to be fair the most powerful ninja of each clan are dead.
Old 2018-01-22, 16:23   Link #35
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The elders of Kouga are dead. I very much doubt that their opponent's power was time rewind. It seems more like he can reflect a ninja's attack back to them.
Old 2018-01-23, 11:06   Link #36
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The elders of Kouga are dead. I very much doubt that their opponent's power was time rewind. It seems more like he can reflect a ninja's attack back to them.
Yeah, some type of reflection or reversal.

However, the poison guy dying from his own poison seems really weird, when we're told it comes from his own body/sweat. So shouldn't he be immune.
Old 2018-01-23, 11:57   Link #37
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
However, the poison guy dying from his own poison seems really weird, when we're told it comes from his own body/sweat. So shouldn't he be immune.
Yeah, I didn't get it either.
Old 2018-01-23, 13:40   Link #38
Uribatake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Yeah, I didn't get it either.
Neither did I. I mean, if someone shoots a bullet and time gets reversed, the bullet will just be back in the chamber instead of hitting the person who shot it. It seems to me that the guy who wrote this sequel isn't as good at coming up with cool ninja abilities as the writer of the original Kouga Ninja Scrolls novel.

About Hachiro and Hibiki, I'm intrigued by this theory that they're Gennosuke and Oboro somehow de-aged. I guess they could be just clones as well.
Old 2018-01-29, 10:42   Link #39
alex_drian

Quote:
Yeah, some type of reflection or reversal.

Seems that retain poison and swallow poison if preparation was the problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uribatake View Post
Neither did I. I mean, if someone shoots a bullet and time gets reversed, the bullet will just be back in the chamber instead of hitting the person who shot it. It seems to me that the guy who wrote this sequel isn't as good at coming up with cool ninja abilities as the writer of the original Kouga Ninja Scrolls novel.

About Hachiro and Hibiki, I'm intrigued by this theory that they're Gennosuke and Oboro somehow de-aged. I guess they could be just clones as well.
Well, is not Naruto and the writter wanted for that kind of powers like Time Warped in a mistaken setting where the powers are more basic-classic based. You see, that guy of the Katon need use charcoal instead of inside energy.

Oh right, and seems that the OP suggest that Hachirou betray them and this season is about Kouga-Iga against new super enemies with better powers. And is my imagination or the show tries to ship the kids? will hurt it when they are killed.
Old 2018-01-31, 00:09   Link #40
alex_drian

Well shit, a ninja that can control a gigant evil creature, mmm...why I keep doing this to myself?

The 5 Flowers of Iga (I thought that they would be women) have such jobber face that their dead was only unavoidable.

Last edited by alex_drian; 2018-01-31 at 07:35.

Tags
incest