AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Toradora!

Notices

View Poll Results: Toradora! - Episode 18 Rating
Perfect 10 41 33.88%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 44 36.36%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 22 18.18%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 8.26%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 3.31%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-02-09, 15:02   Link #181
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Never thought of it that way...I thought that she was avoiding him so as not to get in another fight and risk their friendship. Well,the next episode is bound to clear things between them, and so we wait^^
Old 2009-02-09, 15:05   Link #182
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Maybe I am...could you get me an instance where Minori talked to Ryuuji without him or Taiga taking the initiative?
At the beach, when they were to see Kitamura to his house, at the school festival, etc...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Never thought of it that way...I thought that she was avoiding him so as not to get in another fight and risk their friendship. Well,the next episode is bound to clear things between them, and so we wait^^
She is avoiding Ryuuji because she has so much fear of how that would change their relationships, especially on Taiga.
Old 2009-02-09, 19:48   Link #183
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Random thoughts:
Really excellent dialog between Ami and Ryuuji .... Ami is trying so very hard but the "pachinko game" of events are against her. It definitely affected my opinions on what is possible as we drive towards any conclusion.

Taiga's view kind of reflects my view of the winter holidays .... definitely a time of reflection and redirection.

Minorin's VA got to stretch her wings a bit during the star scene... the story still leaves her motivations a bit murky -- as in she's probably thinking of Ryuuji but it may be a lot more complicated than that (no, I don't want to know ahead of time ).

Remarkable that even the teacher got a considerable amount of screen time... and though Kihara's moment was short - her "assault" on Ryuuji to come to lunch was hilariously desperate.
Old 2009-02-09, 21:42   Link #184
Kinku
Hate a Hater.Love a Lover

Send a message via MSN to Kinku
Did Kihara wanted ryuuji to have lunch with her just to hang out with Kitamura?
Old 2009-02-09, 21:50   Link #185
typhonsentra

I liked the changes they made to the Ami scene, although it probably gave more fuel to shippers than most would like (Besides the shippers of course).
Old 2009-02-09, 22:09   Link #186
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinku View Post
Did Kihara wanted ryuuji to have lunch with her just to hang out with Kitamura?
No, I suspect suspect she's desperate to coordinate with Ryuuji so (in her mind) they can both get what they want (she->Kitamura; he->Taiga). She's got no clue about any Minorin twist.

The harder the other students push the KxT idea, the more panicky she gets.

Its kind of interesting that Ami doesn't seem to have noticed the Kihara->Kitamura vibes.
Old 2009-02-09, 22:44   Link #187
Fran~
floating away...

Kihara's friend (Kashii) is clearly aligned with AminXRyuuji, just look how she pushed the situation at the gym. Kihara has no allieds in her agenda to avoid KxT, that's why she thinks in Ryuuji as her only allied.
Old 2009-02-09, 22:58   Link #188
Justin Kim
*Artist

Wait even though she doesn't have a clue about the Minorin twist, what about Ami? Does she look like she knows her intentions, isn't that another variable throughout the whole story. I mean Ami has been pretty secluded in many of the episodes, we really didn't see much of her...So what's the relationship status quo or future status quo that appeases all the characters of this story? Im so confused...?O_o
Old 2009-02-09, 23:23   Link #189
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
Kihara's friend (Kashii) is clearly aligned with AminXRyuuji, just look how she pushed the situation at the gym. Kihara has no allieds in her agenda to avoid KxT, that's why she thinks in Ryuuji as her only allied.
Ooh, that's right... I missed that little bit about Kashii.

Ami knows Ryuuji is fixated on Minorin.... and she seems to know Minorin's feelings are mixed (hence all the whispered comments from Ami to Minorin in various episodes to get her thinking more clearly).

Part of the fun of this series is that it IS such a convoluted mess of tangled emotions. There's multiple possible ways it could play out. For me at least, it adds in what many eroge adaptations are missing --- that interplay and complexity that happens in the real world. Yeah, its still just a story, but for me its a more delicious story.
Old 2009-02-10, 00:10   Link #190
Kylaran
A Priori Impossibility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Kim View Post
Wait even though she doesn't have a clue about the Minorin twist, what about Ami? Does she look like she knows her intentions, isn't that another variable throughout the whole story. I mean Ami has been pretty secluded in many of the episodes, we really didn't see much of her...So what's the relationship status quo or future status quo that appeases all the characters of this story? Im so confused...?O_o
I mean, you'd expect the usual bit from a series like this...

Friendship and love will clash, and the result will produce drama. There's a general feeling that Ryuuji will choose Taiga in the end, just because that's the feeling a lot of people get from the series.

Well, what's worth seeing is how the animators decide to SHOW these events. I'm sure the end result will be friendship between those previously hurt by love, and a happy end for whatever mutual relationships can be found. Some will have their feelings will be hurt, others will end up happy.

Might I add, I think it really comes down to Ryuuji choosing a girl. At this moment in the anime, it's questionable whether or not Ami or Kitamura will have any more romantic developments. Even if Ami's in the middle of some drama, I think the focus will still be on Ryuuji, Taiga, and Minori.

Last edited by Kylaran; 2009-02-10 at 00:11. Reason: Wanted to clarify.
Old 2009-02-10, 04:17   Link #191
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Raaa i don't like Kihara , she thinks Ryuji love Taiga ! No no no !
It can play between Ryuji and Taiga relationship .
Old 2009-02-10, 04:23   Link #192
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Although she looks a bit out of place, Kihara will probably be the one to end the whole thing-perhaps she will be the one to clear Ryuuji's and Taiga's feelings (and conveniently enough she'll take Kitamura for herself ).
Old 2009-02-10, 05:46   Link #193
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Yeah its what i fear . yes i know i'm against Ryuji x Taiga !
Because since the beginning Taiga loves Kitamura (and she still loves him ) and Ryuji loves Minorin (ah yeah but we can't count it for "Love" he hasn't move forward with her )
There are 25 episodes right ? so 7 episodes left it's too short for Ryuji x Taiga because Taiga shouldn't love anymore Kitamura and Ryuji let Minorin . (and maybe go for Ami XD )
Well , its what i thought . I can't believe now a Ryuji x Taiga !

Last edited by -Sho-; 2009-02-10 at 05:58. Reason: 25 episodes !
Old 2009-02-10, 05:56   Link #194
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I thought it was 26 episodes...well, things are messy right now, when the christmas fog clears up we'll see what is left for them.
Old 2009-02-10, 07:46   Link #195
Maciste

25 episodes only (sadly...)

http://www.mahou.org/Showtime

Good site for anime airing times in Japan and more, btw.

http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl...anime&aid=5909

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...e.php?id=10050
Old 2009-02-10, 08:01   Link #196
wistfulloner

25 episodes is unfortunate, but if a second season is created there's a high chance it will screw up badly since there really isn't anything to continue.

As much as I long for a second season proper, I would rather JC staff give the current run a good conclusion.
Old 2009-02-10, 08:03   Link #197
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wistfulloner View Post
As much as I long for a second season proper, I would rather JC staff give the current run a good conclusion.
I second that.
Old 2009-02-10, 08:06   Link #198
Kafriel
Senior Guest

They can still conclude it in a fine way and make a few OVAs after that...but a second season probably wouldn't work, they're supposed to clear everything out at the end of this one.
Old 2009-02-10, 14:43   Link #199
Maciste

The novel will end with the release of its 10th volume on march 10th

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...nd-on-march-10

I have a question:

How close is the anime following the novel? I mean, besides some minor, not really important changes, cause you can't convert it 1:1. That's logical/granted.
But, aside from that, is it overall the "same" or not?

Since the series will end on March 26th, ca. 2 weeks after the novel finished, can we expect the same ending/conclusion for both, novel and anime?
What do you think?

Just curious.
Old 2009-02-10, 15:06   Link #200
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Dunno , just watch the anime and you'll know .
No 2nd season i think , maybe some oav .
Closed Thread